Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Malcolm's plan basically makes sense, in a twisted sort of way. He brainwashes Thea into killing Sara and frames Oliver to get him to fight Ra's. He say it's so he'll be free of his blood debt to the League when Ra's is dead. Does he really have that kind of faith in Oliver? Considering the last time THEY fought he pretty much kicked Oliver's ass, so probably not. I think the idea is "on the off chance he succeeds I'm free of Ra's, and if he dies I'm free of the Arrow." If he doesn't really believe Oliver can win he's just sending him off to die and has been said, if that's all he wanted he could do that pretty easily himself.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

I was going to say that if he kills Oliver himself, Thea will be upset so it's better for Ra's to do it.  But then I remembered that he had brainwashed Thea into murdering Sara as part of the plan so yeah, that doesn't really appy.

When I read that spoiler about Felicity giving words of wisdom to Laurel, I thought of that quote from Batman Begins...

Felicity:  "And why do we fall, Laurel? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Laurel:  "Okay."

EDITED to address Morrigan2575's correction (after Googling to get the exact Batman quote).

Edited by tv echo

When I read that spoiler about Felicity giving words of wisdom to Laurel, here's what I immediately thought (think Batman Begins):

Felicity: "Why do we fall?

Laurel: "So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Uh that's not Felicity giving Laurel words of Wisdom that's Laurel giving Felicity words of wisdom.
  • Love 2
(edited)

Anyone know the logic behind the order?

On the bright side I now know what color revisions they're following which I find oddly interesting. I looked up the standard but, there was a note that TV Shows very often use their own coding.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Well on that wall I know the best female actor and best male actor are right next to each other he he( Emily and John)

If that was the order KC and CH would be next to each other, they both stink, IMO.

Thanks for posting. At first I though the order was billing but I think David Ramsey is billed before WH and CH so I really don't know lol.

It's definitely not billing. SA, KC, DR, WH, EBR, CH, PB and JB is the credits order.

Could be call sheet for that day depending on the scenes? But it seems crazy that they have to rearrange photos everyday depending on the call sheets.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Yeah that order does not augur well for the future of the show. Or maybe I should say the future of my liking for the show. Having said that maybe it is in order of appearance? Or casting? (And Colin's picture went up to replace Susanna)? Would that make sense?

re: discussing spoilers, I haven't liked anything so far. Are they going to create BC in like 3 months when it took Oliver 5 years and he still isn't cooked?

• Love 1

Sorry - I meant to post that JB tweet with the cast wall pic in the Behind the Mask thread and accidentally posted it here instead!  I thought about deleting it and re-posting it in the right thread, but the related comments by other people would still be here.

Maybe the photos were put on the wall in the order in which the actors were cast on the show?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I have an idea for the Deathstroke return episode: What if he kidnaps Oliver and Felicity? They are the people he would blame the most for him being imprisoned. Then we would have Diggle Roy and Laurel racing to save them and we could have Slade threatening to kill Felicity in front of Oliver or Vice Versa

Colton seems like a nice guy and is highly entertaining on twitter, seems to have a great personality. However, he is a very limited actor, have him play dumb, make snarky comments or the occasional goofy reaction shot and he's fine. Ask him to do heavy lifting, especially dramatic scenes and yikes.

• Love 3

I acquit them of misogyny for repeated showing the deaths of Moira and Sara because they're doing it with Oliver now.  I don't want to see it any more, and even less do I want to hear the squish sound as the sword goes into him.

Somehow, that doesn't seem to be a scene in which Roy tells Thea what's really going on.  I really want a Thea intervention with Roy, Diggle and Felicity.

I remember a very famous radio host in Canada who was generally thought to be a superb interviewer. What it really was that he was great on certain kinds of interviews and bad on others, and his staff were very careful to program only the kind of interviews he was good at.  I see Colton Haynes acting like that, at the moment he's very good in defined scenes, usually when he has to be snippy or sarcastic.  He doesn't do heavy lifting scenes at this point.  I hope he doesn't have to do much in this four part trilogy.  (I don't want to be snippy towards Katie Cassidy before I've seen the scenes because she will have to do a lot of heavy lifting so I'll wait and see how she does in them.)

"You’ll be seeing the Squad in the season, but it will be different. It will be a different Squad [than the one in the Arrow 2.5 comic book], and this run sort of helps set that up… Why the Squad looks different when you see them again; and some of the issues they’ll have to deal with heading into season three."

What does this mean? No more Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, etc? IIRC, the Squad in the 2.5 comics is the same group that was in the show last season, so they're going to have all new people?

I think that is just a little stupid...You give them the chance to create characters on TV that people like and then you take it away because you obviously don't want people to confuse movie and TV show. Why are they then having a Flash movie and a TV show at the same time? That is more confusing than having one SS episode per season on Arrow. All those 'behind the scenes' stuff regarding what can and cannot be done seems like such an uncreative approach. But in Hollywood money speaks the loudest language. Or maybe they are simply afraid people can't tell Arrow's Deadshot apart from Will Smith. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

I think that is just a little stupid...You give them the chance to create characters on TV that people like and then you take it away because you obviously don't want people to confuse movie and TV show. Why are they then having a Flash movie and a TV show at the same time? That is more confusing than having one SS episode per season on Arrow. All those 'behind the scenes' stuff regarding what can and cannot be done seems like such an uncreative approach. But in Hollywood money speaks the loudest language. Or maybe they are simply afraid people can't tell Arrow's Deadshot apart from Will Smith.

Which would be silly cause Of the skin color change

So apparently there will be no more Suicide squad due to the movie http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=113741#comments

I have to question the whole validity of this article because:

Obviously, DC, they’d rather not have multiple versions of their characters happening in film and TV.

If that's the case, then why do the Flash on TV (Wildly successful) AND in film?

If we don't see deadshot again I will break things.

Have we talked WTF about Thea's outfit in that ridiculously short clip yet?  It looks like a crop top green pleather top with a blue long skirt.  

#1:  Green leather? 

#2: Man the costume dept likes their crop tops this season.

#3 what a color combo.

And the necessary #4--No one thinks thea needs to know her brother is dead and her dad's responsible?? Okay then.  That makes as much sense as everyone but Felicity thinking they should team up with Malcolm.

Oh, wait . . .

As far as we know, in 3x10 they think Oliver is just gone (wondering if he is dead and hoping he is alive) and don't find out until Malcolm tells them, and we don't know if that'sat the beginning, middle, or end of the episode. I guess what and when to tell Thea is an issue for when they figure out what's up with Oliver.

Besides, aren't the clips usually from early in the episodes ?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

Usually the clips are from early in the episode but Roy says he just got some bad news about a friend so the impression is that it's after MM has brought them the sword.

I wonder if that's after Felicity turns the lights out on them? Depending on how this ep plays out, as long as it's still in current time and we're still right after Oliver left, I won't judge anyone for not saying anything to Thea. If next ep comes and goes and she's still in the dark about all this (which I'm 79.6% sure she will be)? It's on.

Maybe the Roy/Thea scene takes place before he finds out Oliver is dead from Malcolm. It could be that they just haven't heard from Oliver yet and that's the "bad news" he heard. I'm probably reaching though.

Edited by ban1o

the scenes line up is probably similar to how they releashed it.

i'm gonna guess it's first thea and malcolm fighting- in that scene thea probably tells malcolm she hasen't seen or heard from Oliver. cue Malcolm goes of to the lair, followed by Roy and Thea talk.

than cue a few scenes later- or closer to the end of the episode: Malcolm comes in with the sword, which causes Felicity to declare "there is no this without him".

• Love 1

the scenes line up is probably similar to how they releashed it.

i'm gonna guess it's first thea and malcolm fighting- in that scene thea probably tells malcolm she hasen't seen or heard from Oliver. cue Malcolm goes of to the lair, followed by Roy and Thea talk.

than cue a few scenes later- or closer to the end of the episode: Malcolm comes in with the sword, which causes Felicity to declare "there is no this without him".

yeah that makes sense actually 

rewatched the scene with Roy and Thea... so i'm gonna change that location in the episode to what statsgirl said:

I wonder if after Felicity turns off the lights, we'll get a montage similar to the one we got at the end of "Sara" of every going off and doing their own thing? Roy going up to Verdant, Diggle going home to Lyla and Sara, Felicity going anywhere but Palmer Industries, please for the love of god. Laurel looking at her buckles and then going out and being the justice that whoever can't out run. 

• Love 2

I wonder if after Felicity turns off the lights, we'll get a montage similar to the one we got at the end of "Sara" of every going off and doing their own thing? Roy going up to Verdant, Diggle going home to Lyla and Sara, Felicity going anywhere but Palmer Industries, please for the love of god. Laurel looking at her buckles and then going out and being the justice that whoever can't out run.

If they wanted to break Olicity shipper hearts they would have Felicity go home and just bawl her pretty eyes out. :(

• Love 1

Yeah but they aren't gonna do that, because they need to give Ray screen time. She's going to go to Palmer. Bleh.

Yeah but they aren't gonna do that, because they need to give Ray screen time. She's going to go to Palmer. Bleh.

She'll probably go by and he'll be teching up his arm, and she'll welcome the distraction. I really dread to see if they accelerate the l/i stuff with them.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 2

She'll probably go by and he'll be teching up his arm, and she'll welcome the distraction.

Having her go to Palmer Industries will be even more heartbreaking than crying her eyes out because it will be like she's trying to move on (to her next superhero vigilante).  At least Roy is just drinking and Diggle is going home to his family.

Do they tell Laurel in this episode?  If Felicity turns the lights out after Malcolm's visit and they all go their separate ways it doesn't seem like there is time to tell Laurel.