Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

How is Felicity's legacy solely about her past as a hacktivist? Like, are we just gonna ignore everything she's done for the team or are we supposed to include that? I'm not sure...?

At least he didn't say her legacy was Havenrock which is something, I guess. Haha.

Edit: Also I'm LOLing at his 3 words for the 520 sex. Safe? LMAO. I guess he said "consensual" for all those crazies who thought Felicity drugged and raped Oliver in 320. 

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Edit: Also I'm LOLing at his 3 words for the 520 sex. Safe? LMAO. I guess he said "consensual" for all those crazies who thought Felicity drugged and raped Oliver in 320. 

Haha No oopsie Olicity babies then

14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

How is Felicity's legacy solely about her past as a hacktivist? Like, are we just gonna ignore everything she's done for the team or are we supposed to include that? I'm not sure...?

Well no one else knows about Felicity's involvement with TA so I can understand why they won't focus on that.

• Love 1
Just now, wonderwall said:

Well no one else knows about Felicity's involvement with TA so I can understand why they won't focus on that.

But what does it matter if no one knows about her involvement with TA? I'm not sure I understand this tbh. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

But what does it matter if no one knows about her involvement with TA? I'm not sure I understand this tbh. 

IDK what else they're supposed to do with her legacy of being involved with Team Arrow? They can't really make a statue, can't acknowledge her to the public... So what would they do?

At least with her hacktivism people knew about the legacy she left, she inspired people with her hacking. So I can see how they're dealing with her legacy in that way. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Maybe he's talking about the GhostFoxGoddess legacy that inspired Alena and got her involved in Helix, and subsequently got Felicity involved in Helix. Seems to me they're dealing with legacy this season (in a messy, Arrow-y way) as moving away from that past person (Felicity doing sketchy hacktivist stuff, Oliver thinking he's a serial killer like in S1, Dinah with her messy self in Hub City, etc) on to someone who does better. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IDK what else they're supposed to do with her legacy of being involved with Team Arrow? They can't really make a statue, can't acknowledge her to the public... So what would they do?

At least with her hacktivism people knew about the legacy she left, she inspired people with her hacking. So I can see how they're dealing with her legacy in that way. 

Ah. Okay. I wasn't sure what you meant. But I wouldn't expect them to do anything publicly for her. I assumed it would be more about Felicity acknowledging her own legacy for herself, you know?

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe he's talking about the GhostFoxGoddess legacy that inspired Alena and got her involved in Helix, and subsequently got Felicity involved in Helix. Seems to me they're dealing with legacy this season (in a messy, Arrow-y way) as moving away from that past person (Felicity doing sketchy hacktivist stuff, Oliver thinking he's a serial killer like in S1, Dinah with her messy self in Hub City, etc) on to someone who does better. 

That makes sense. But I hope they acknowledge all the good she's done as a member of Team Arrow.

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

"...that fans have been clamoring for..." Which fans? ??

Well, one set of fans want her dead so I'm going with Smoak Tech maybe? Haha.

2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

"...that fans have been clamoring for..." Which fans? ??

Fans of Felicity? Considering that's who the question is about.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That makes sense. But I hope they acknowledge all the good she's done as a member of Team Arrow.

IDK I guess everytime Oliver or Diggle says something that Felicity does is amazing, how she's remarkable, how Chase didn't plan for Felicity (which shows how she's a force to be reckoned with) - that's how he acknowledges all the good she does. 

I'd like to see the newbies acknowledge this too though.

• Love 4

Since he's been asked about Smoak Tech consistently since 106 of LoT (even before the mention that Felicity wanted to publicly sell the chip), I was going to go with Smoak Tech, since they already fulfilled another aspect of that pseudo-future any way (with Baby John, even though copying that future doesn't really make sense). 

• Love 6
On 4/14/2017 at 10:45 AM, apinknightmare said:

Since Roy technically took responsibility for any kills before S4, and the only one on record he has since then is Billy, they could either blame that on Prometheus, or just ignore it since Pike (who is still alive, right?) already knows that Green Arrow was the one who killed Billy and he basically talked his way out of SCPD's manhunt by lamenting about his guilty feels. 

Once Chase is taken care of and (hopefully) exposed, Oliver could claim he was blackmailed into the shoot-on-sight order for Green Arrow or something that I'm not really expecting to make a whole lot of sense. 

Even though they haven't focused on hunting down the GA, there's still a shoot to kill order out for him.   (Another reason why he's not wearing the suit?)  Pike might know he feels guilty but the "Mayor" put the order in place the day before he got kidnapped by Chase.  Yeah, he could claim he was blackmailed to say bad stuff but they still have the forensic stuff that links Billy's murder to GA, not to mention live coverage of GA killing DD...though since he was trying to blow up the world I can see him getting a pass on that one.  

If they go with exposing his secrets and that does seem to be the natural end to the current narrative, (even if I hate the idea) I can't help wonder if he'd get some kind of sanction through the President since she already secretly thanked him for saving the world.  Maybe they will make a throw away scene into a plot point.  And then make his actions monitored by Argus after that.  

Between knowing that Diggle and Lyla will have marital issues and Felicity possibly having her chip malfunction, I've been thinking a lot about how it might go.  I don't think this is how it would go because I can totally understand everyone's POV in this scenario, and I don't think we'd get that from the Arrow writers:

Part way through the Helix mission, Felicity realizes what Helix is really trying to do and she wants to take them down.  She goes to Lyla to ask for help.  Lyla agrees to give her an EMP big enough to take out Helix, but the plan requires Felicity to bring the EMP into the Helix base to activate it because Helix is a shielded bunker deep underground - it would take Helix servers down and Felicity's chip.  When Diggle finds out about the plan, he gets mad at Lyla for going along with Felicity's plan, knowing that Felicity will basically be sacrificing herself for a mission that has no good exit strategy.  I think this would be true to each character and we would still see conflict - Felicity being bad ass, Lyla supporting Felicity and being super mission-focused, and Diggle/Oliver caring about Felicity.  In this way, it makes sense that the Helix plot is part of Felicity's legacy - taking down bad hacktivists and being a superhero once again.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 17

@ComicFan777, that's an interesting spec, because Oliver and Diggle would definitely try to interfere with any sort of "suicide" mission Felicity might plan, but Lyla would totally assist. Oliver/Diggle extract her from Helix...then Diggle and Rene lock them Oliver and Felicity in a tunnel to talk/sex out their issues. ?:p Diggle is a stay at home dad and doesn't have the candle budget Ra's does, ok.

Edited by leopardprint
Specificity is important though that would certainly be quite the twist...:p
  • Love 8

@ComicFan777That was an awesome spec! 

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

@ComicFan777, I think I like that scenario more than I'm going to like the one they actually give me on the show.  That's a bad ass, proactive Felicity.  And it's a nice parallel to all the time Oliver has wanted to sacrifice himself.

Technically that was basically Felicitys plotline in 5x12. Proactive and self sacrificing. 

• Love 3

So MG said that the entirety of 523 takes place in one location. Still could be exaggeration I guess, but I think it kind of puts a damper on the end "cliffhanger"  of s5 being that Oliver reveals himself idea. Unless he possibly reveals himself in an earlier episode or that they just reveal that he's been outed (or they could end with Oliver just saying to the team on the island "I'm going to go public as the GA" or something like that).

A more fun topic, really curious what's with the flipping mentions for Felicity in 522 and looking forward to WH in 521 now.

amellybett asked:

can you use a word to describe felicity in 522?

Dead.

Kidding.

Seriously, I’d say… “flipped.”

fight--for--now asked:

Does the entirety of 523 take place in one location?

It does.

queenpartyoftwo asked:

Is there an actor performance coming up in the rest of the season that you were particularly moved or impressed by?

I think Willa is particularly terrific in 521.

ETA: Sorry, forgot about the references!

Edited by way2interested
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

A more fun topic, really curious what's with the flipping mentions for Felicity in 522 and looking forward to WH in 521 now.

Can you bring these over to the spoiler thread so we can read and discuss them?

58f2cec410cc2_ScreenShot2017-04-16at02_53_35.thumb.png.f4dbe8dbc63283ee7aebf89418efcbf4.png

LMAO. We talked about that here for ages! Just goes to show this show isn't that deep. Haha.

As for Felicity and the whole "flipped" thing, could it just mean that she's against Helix now? So she was once all for it but now she's flipped to the other side? IDK.

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

58f2cec410cc2_ScreenShot2017-04-16at02_53_35.thumb.png.f4dbe8dbc63283ee7aebf89418efcbf4.png

LMAO. We talked about that here for ages! Just goes to show this show isn't that deep. Haha.

As for Felicity and the whole "flipped" thing, could it just mean that she's against Helix now? So she was once all for it but now she's flipped to the other side? IDK.

Yeah didn't he say something about how the close-up on Susan's wrist was nothing too? Although didn't WM also say in some interview that it was supposed to remind us about her investigation?

But if Felicity does oppose Helix, I thought it would happen before 522? Unless with 521 about fathers, it just doesn't come up again until 522?

ETA: WM's quote was about the vodka not wrist. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
Clarification
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah didn't he say something about how the close-up on Susan's wrist was nothing too? Although didn't WM also say in some interview that it was supposed to remind us about her investigation?

But if Felicity does oppose Helix, I thought it would happen before 522? Unless with 521 about fathers, it just doesn't come up again until 522?

WM is clueless so it's entirely possible she said something like that. LOL.

Yeah, I thought if she did realize Helix wasn't the right way to go, she'd realize in 520/521 but IDK anymore. It's just "flipped" is an unusual descriptor, IMO. To me it means a reversal of how she usually is and I just assumed it might be about Helix but it could be about anything tbh.

Susan's wrist mark = nothing

Susan's investigation = nothing

Susan's vodka = nothing

Susan's PI = nothing 

Susan's feelings = nothing

So glad we spent so much time on nothing instead of Felicity's job, Diggle's parenting or Thea's life.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 24
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Susan's wrist mark = nothing

Susan's investigation = nothing

Susan's vodka = nothing

Susan's PI = nothing 

Susan's feelings = nothing 

So glad we spent so much time on nothing instead of Felicity's job, Diggle's parenting or Thea's life. 

Don't forget she's also apparently in 519 too for something that will inevitably just take up screentime and be ... nothing. 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Everytime fandom tries to fansplain how meaningful and nuanced something on this show is, it always turns out to be an accident that the people writing the show never even intended. Every. Time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, pillow mountains said:

Everytime fandom tries to fansplain how meaningful and nuanced something on this show is, it always turns out to be an accident that the people writing the show never even intended. Every. Time.

This could be the same for A LOT of things we read in literature/watch in movies/shows. 

Part of the fun is the discussion. And I don't recall anyone 'fansplaining' about the Russian Vodka on this board and tbh I haven't seen it on twitter either. so... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Not sure BS will be able to pull of saint LL for that long. She did say she was such a pill. 

She doesnt need to pull it off that long. Just long enough to reintroduce herself to the world then move on with whatever she plans on doing with her everyday life. 

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I think MGs answer is bullshit because I recall WM being coy about the Russian Vodka in an interview as if this was going to lead to something. I recall her saying "oh you caught that did you?" - as if it was more than just the director's idea...

This makes me more certain they were going to head in a different direction with Susan and unfortunately this makes me more certain that the reason why they changed direction was because of Willa and her mysteriously shrinking contracted number of episodes

• Love 16
Just now, wonderwall said:

I think MGs answer is bullshit because I recall WM being coy about the Russian Vodka in an interview as if this was going to lead to something. I recall her saying "oh you caught that did you?" - as if it was more than just the director's idea...

This makes me more certain they were going to head in a different direction with Susan and unfortunately this makes me more certain that the reason why they changed direction was because of Willa and her mysteriously shrinking contracted number of episodes

That's also possible. It wouldn't surprise me tbh. And it adds up with her introduction as a shady snake. Like, I will never understand why they introduced her the way they did if she was supposed to just be okay/nice in the end. Makes no sense. The way CP plays her makes even less sense too. 

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

This makes me more certain they were going to head in a different direction with Susan and unfortunately this makes me more certain that the reason why they changed direction was because of Willa and her mysteriously shrinking contracted number of episodes.

I feel the same way, they burned way too much screentime on what amounted to nothing for this to have been the intent. They created an entire character, the PI, that she was the only one to interact with multiple times. I know the EPs are petty but not set money on fire petty. Like what is the possible payoff to "Surprise! She's not evil, she's just bad at her job!" 

To borrow a phrase: "malevolence shadiness tempered by incompetence."

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 11

Like what is the possibly payoff to "Surprise! She's not evil, she's just bad at her job!" 

Literally nothing. At one point I was praying for her to be bad otherwise all of this would've been useless - and it turns out to be true. I believe Carly's last episode will be 19. None of us have heard of her appearance in anymore afterwards. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That's also possible. It wouldn't surprise me tbh. And it adds up with her introduction as a shady snake. Like, I will never understand why they introduced her the way they did if she was supposed to just be okay/nice in the end. Makes no sense. The way CP plays her makes even less sense too. 

There's still the matter of her meeting with her PI after sleeping with Oliver, her comment about not being able to do her story because she was fired and the whole impeached line. By those points, they had to know what they were doing with the character, yet... 

I think they thought everyone would feel bad for her once she was kidnapped but nope. No one did. Not even Oliver. Or I guess her PI. 

And yeah, there's definitely something about the way that CP plays her that doesn't fit the Susan they're trying to sell in interviews. 

• Love 3

And it makes Oliver so. unforgivably. stupid. Like crayon-eating, voluntarily skipping off with a stranger stupid...

What does it say about the storyline and character you have created if everyone WANTS her to screw over the title character just so she's not a complete waste of time?

I am 50/50 they cut her scene(s). I actually have been unable to find that spoiler photo of her outside at night so I'm thinking her scene will be getting or relating info regarding Chase from/to Oliver, a brief news clip, or some breaking news about Helix.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6

She's probably gonna write an article about Chase so they can say "look, she's useful, she helped! Told ya she was good!" *eye roll*

Just now, Angel12d said:

She's probably gonna write an article about Chase so they can say "look, she's useful, she helped! Told ya she was good!" *eye roll*

But is that even necessary now that Felicity got the proof that Chase is Prometheus and the police are after him? 

• Love 2

If BTS stuff botched their plans I can't really be too harsh on the writers for this :/ I actually kind of feel bad for them. They'll get the blame for something that was kind of out of their control and they tried their best to fix very last minute.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

If BTS stuff botched their plans I can't really be too harsh on the writers for this :/ I actually kind of feel bad for them. They'll get the blame for something that was kind of out of their control and they tried their best to fix very last minute.

You are far kinder than me, :), if this is the best they could come up with...

IMG_2963.GIF.5375390831df985da322bdefb3426d73.GIF

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6

You are far kinder than me, :),if this is the best they could come up with...

Well I mean... If it IS last minute stuff - which I assume it is - there isn't much they can change. As much as I like to think TV is fluid - I don't think it is right smack dab in the middle of the season. So I doubt they could change their plans very much.

I'm not going to say they're faultless here - because I do think a better set of writers could've pulled it off with a bit more grace... But as always, these are the Arrow writers and they're not the MOST talented bunch...

• Love 2

If it is BTS stuff, then one thing they should have done is not had Susan say "And now I can't tell everyone you're the Arrow" , implying she was still just waiting to out him, and tell Oliver that he deserves to be impeached, only to turn around in the same episode and tell him that he's a good guy and she won't tell anyone his secret.  Whenever the BTS stuff happened, there was still time to change those reactions.

• Love 9