Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just posted TVInsider article in Spoilers thread (interviews prior to PaleyFest panel)...

SA: "He does trust [Felicity], but that doesn't mean he has to agree with her... You could almost call Episode 19 Team Arrow versus Team Felicity: Felicity heading up Helix, Oliver heading up Team Arrow. Both after the same objective, but after it in different ways. It pushes us into a real exploration of why Oliver and Felicity have been behaving the way they've been behaving."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Re: The TVInsider article, I wonder what secret it could even be that Oliver has since, well we've kind of seen the worst of the stuff he's done and I can't necessarily picture some shoe-horned thing that might have happened in the flashbacks to be so effective story-wise. Also, kind of nervous to see a resigned Oliver again, but if it leads to more conflict between Oliver and Felicity, I could be up for it.

Looks like Dangerous Liaisons does refer to Helix then and that she's still with them after finding out whatever secret about them in 518. Also, it does seem like there's some issues that will be brought up between Lyla and Diggle in 520. 

• Love 2

When Oliver leaves his encounter, he's "very changed," Amell said. "And resolute, in the wrong way. Resigned. Chase isn't trying to kill him; Chase is trying to sell him something…That causes a lot of problems with the team."

Dammit. So much for Oliver channeling his inner Buffy. Is he going to need anther pep talk? And what's Chase trying to sell him? Time shares in Nanda Parbat?

• Love 5

In Oliver's absence, Diggle (David Ramsey) will once again take lead of Team Arrow. "He has to kick the new recruits into gear to get Oliver back," Ramsey previews. "I think what was even bigger than that is we have to do something about Prometheus."

What assholes. 

• Love 5

Also, there's this:

[Helix]'s going to connect up with the Prometheus story in an interesting and unexpected way. I'm very excited about the way it comes together.

I wonder if it's just in the "Felicity uses Helix to get Prometheus" way or if there's actually a connection, but I don't think the quote points it directly in either way.

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I just really want 19/20 now.

Me too. I'm tentatively excited about the next stretch of episodes - for the first time this season. 

That quote about 519 makes me think that we should have a good idea about Helix and its structure by then, if Felicity is "heading up Helix."

I do sort of wish that Prometheus isn't behind Helix because that's just so obvious. 

I am glad they put it out there that Diggle is in charge with Oliver gone. It's so stupid to pretend like anything else is possible. 

• Love 3

Also from that TVInsider article...

-- Oliver will confess a secret to Adrian Chase in 517. And he'll leave the encounter "very changed" and "resolute, in the wrong way. Resigned."

-- In Oliver's absence, Diggle will lead Team Arrow in 517.

-- Per DR, we'll see some conflict between Diggle and Lyla (also mentioned Flashpoint).

-- KC has one scene in the LoT finale (Lance sisters reunion with CL).

Edited by tv echo
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Just posted TVInsider article in Spoilers thread (interviews prior to PaleyFest panel)...

SA: "He does trust [Felicity], but that doesn't mean he has to agree with her... You could almost call Episode 19 Team Arrow versus Team Felicity: Felicity heading up Helix, Oliver heading up Team Arrow. Both after the same objective, but after it in different ways. It pushes us into a real exploration of why Oliver and Felicity have been behaving the way they've been behaving."

This makes me nervous because it has potential. I hope they write it well!!

Dig will lead the team as it was obvious. Now I'm wondering what was the point of JH's comment on the same question.

Maybe the secret could be something about himself..like that he thinks he is failing or something like that instead of something Oliver did in the years he was away as usual.

1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Maybe the secret could be something about himself..like that he thinks he is failing or something like that instead of something Oliver did in the years he was away as usual.

The secret is - HE'S A KILLER, HE'S A MONSTER, EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES AND LOVES DIES

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The secret is - HE'S A KILLER, HE'S A MONSTER, EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES AND LOVES DIES

Yep, said it awhile back, the secret isn't about something he did, it's something emotional, deep down (and probably something massively repetitive).

• Love 2

I remember hoping at some point during last season - or was it S3? - that at some point Oliver would be able to get some actual confidence. Overcome his doubts by himself. Not be in need of any pep talks, maybe dispense them to others. LOL

• Love 14

Maybe MG always needs pep talks and he's projecting on to Oliver.

4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You really think we'll get a present day sex scene *looks hopeful and wants to believe you*

I keep thinking it's weird to have a post coital flashback but I suppose it's not impossible.

I'm worried that it's going to make Felicity look bad -- to have sex with Oliver after which he thinks they can get back together but she jumps to Billy instead and deliberately doesn't tell Oliver about it since he only finds out in505.  Could look very bad.

I think we'll get fb sex but not present day.  It's too soon, they'll still need to work up to that, especially since the last time they had sex Felicity made a bad decision. But they may work out a plan for Helix together.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

As Talia told him, the monster inside.  Yay for being able to follow a thread through a single season, but it would be nice if they coordinated the seasons more.

ETA:  I'm glad to know Lyla will be sticking around for next season.

And really not looking forward to Prometheus convincing Oliver he has to go it alone again. Hopefully Felicity can sex it out of him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Finally interviews make me excited for upcoming episodes instead of making me never want to tune in again lol. 

I'm curious to see what Felicity finds out about helix in 5. 18 if she's still with them in 5. 19 and pretty much sounds like she's a leader there. I was thinking maybe something about her dad being involved since helix sounds like something he would have some connections with but we probably would have heard about TA being on set by now if Noah was showing up. 

The Oliver stuff does sound repetitive and we went through it both in season 2 and 3 but honestly at least it seems like he'll be showing some emotion which is a step up from season 5 so far.

I like that star city being attacked isn't happening this season and whatever Prometheus is planning would be more personally focused on Oliver and the team. One of my problems with the season 4 final episodes was that it focused more on Oliver as a symbol for the city and what the city means to him than on Oliver as a character and his relationships with people important to him so I hope this season is the opposite. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Also, kind of nervous to see a resigned Oliver again

Let's be honest, isn't he emotionally resigned every single season? 

Also, I hope the write the Felicity stuff well because this could also end pretty badly eg. she does everything for them, day in and day out. Now she does something for herself motivated by the need to protect them and they try to make her see reason. It could come off as her being unreasonable while everyone else looks like they are talking to a misbehaving toddler. Also if she has sex with Oliver and immediately starts dating Billy, that would leave much to be desired because Oliver could be seen as the victim. Which he still isn't. 

Also, couldn't you show the problems the Diggles are having instead of leaving it offscreen? I doubt people would mind hearing about Diggle's life.

JH's interview (which was transcribed) sounds like she doesn't have a lot to do or maybe just isn't really in the know. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

5x18 is called Disbanded. Diggle has to keep the newbies in line. Team Arrow v Team Felicity. Felicity heading up Helix. 

Does Felicity leave the Team?

I just had a thought that maybe Helix was built FOR Felicity? [Whether her father is involved or not, Alena already knew who Felicity is, and there's that quote from Wendy saying Felicity had a hand in creating Helix? I know, it's Wendy, but it would work here]. And this is the big Helix secret, and they offer her leadership, but she'd have to quit Team Arrow for it. And she's tempted in 519 [the Team Arrow vs. Team Felicity ep], and then 520 locks her and Oliver in a room and they solve their ~issues FINALLY OH MY GOD.

And then maybe Felicity decided to multitask and/or incorporate Helix into Team Arrow.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Chaser said:

5x18 is called Disbanded. Diggle has to keep the newbies in line. Team Arrow v Team Felicity. Felicity heading up Helix. 

Does Felicity leave the Team?

To me, it doesn't sound like formally quitting the team. More like everyone pursues their own path to taking down Prometheus because they disagree with each other's methods which fits with Prometheus's mind games m.o.

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And really not looking forward to Prometheus convincing Oliver he has to go it alone again.

I am doubling down on my crack spec of murder boyfriends (PromQueen tm Twitter).

(in response to Insomniadream upthread)

I think it would be interesting if Prometheus attacked everyone around Oliver EXCEPT Felicity and drives Oliver crazier with anticipation. Then he kidnaps Felicity and dumps her on Lian Yu and Oliver has to go rescue her and they reconcile cue kiss at sunset. 

As far as 5x20, maybe Oliver asks Felicity how she met Billy (She fixed his computer) or something and that starts the conversation on their relationship. If Felicity was dating Billy because he was a true friend to her that would make it more palatable. 

Edited by leopardprint
messed up quote boxes
  • Love 3

I still feel like Prometheus' plan for Felicity is Helix. Chase is the one who essentially lead them to his mysterious source when trying to free Diggle. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

Also, seeing Oliver emotionally resigned has been done so many times before I'm kinda bored by it now. He was resigned when Slade killed his mother. He was resigned when Ra's destroyed the Arrow and Roy was arrested. How many times must we do this?

In Oliver's absence, Diggle (David Ramsey) will once again take lead of Team Arrow. "He has to kick the new recruits into gear to get Oliver back," Ramsey previews.

Diggle has to kick the new recruits into gear to help save Oliver? WTF. So this guy helps train them and brings them on his team, gives them focus, and they still have to be told to help? Talk about loyalty!

DROP THEM. Leave! 

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

519 is the episode that's TA v TF, not 18 iirc. 519 is called Dangerous Liaisons 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I still feel like Prometheus' plan for Felicity is Helix. Chase is the one who essentially lead them to his mysterious source when trying to free Diggle. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

Also, seeing Oliver emotionally resigned has been done so many times before I'm kinda bored by it now. He was resigned when Slade killed his mother. He was resigned when Ra's destroyed the Arrow and Roy was arrested. How many times must we do this?

Diggle has to kick the new recruits into gear to help save Oliver? WTF. So this guy helps train them and brings them on his team, gives them focus, and they still have to be told to help? Talk about loyalty!

DROP THEM. Leave! 

I'm hoping that kicking them into gear means giving them guidance on how to find Oliver instead of having to convince them to work on finding Oliver at all. Otherwise, those assholes are just ungrateful. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I'm hoping that kicking them into gear means giving them guidance on how to find Oliver instead of having to convince them to work on finding Oliver at all. Otherwise, those assholes are just ungrateful. 

Yeah, you're probably right. It just sounded so wrong!

I'm excited to see Diggle finally get a chance to be the leader. Even in s3 when Oliver was "dead", it was more about building Black Canary than Diggle leading the team himself.

Which is the episode that Evelyn comes back?  518?

I"m still hoping that Helix is a dangerous organization.  Otherwise the dramatic tensions for Felicity is "Do I work with Team Arrow or hack with Team Helix?" and that kind of pales compared to "Do I work with this dangerous organization to do what is necessary to save my friends even though I know it's working with the devil?"

Edited by statsgirl

Will there be trouble in paradise for Arrow's Diggle and Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson)?

Much of Diggle's home life has been off-screen recently, but there could be rough seas ahead. "You're going to see some conflict between Diggle and Lyla," Ramsey previews. "Lyla is the leader of ARGUS. She has her finger on the Suicide Squad. How does that impact a man like John Diggle, when they cohabitate? I'm looking forward to them exploring that; what Flashpoint did to the couple. We're talking about that at the end of the season and more next season."

Am I imagining things or has DR been giving this quote for a while, i.e. since Lyla became the head of ARGUS? I mean, as long as they don't implode them, good for him if the storyline he's been hoping for has finally come through.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Am I imagining things or has DR been giving this quote for a while, i.e. since Lyla became the head of ARGUS? I mean, as long as they don't implode them, good for him if the storyline he's been hoping for has finally come through.

Yeah, I feel like I definitely read that over the summer when they were talking about Diggle/Lyla this season. Then the prison storyline happened and nothing came of the quote. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I seem to remember him mentioning something similar even before that, like the summer before S4? IIRC they said Lyla was going to be the head of Argus long before she actually did.

I know Dyla have always had different viewpoints (Lyla's always aligned with Oliver's, interestingly enough) but since the dude killed his brother, I feel like he would've changed a bit? Would the Suicide Squad really be that big of a conflict? IDK.

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

#TeamFelicity Show of hands?

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Chase/Simon is probably going to get Oliver to admit he's a hunter or whatever from the comics.

29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Very likely at some point in this game. But isn't that Oliver's strength?  I'm thinking it's a bit early for that.

I hope not because doesn't literally everyone know this? The Oliver shown is much more likely to think of himself as a hunter (sin eater) than a hero. I think it might turn more that he was indiscriminately killing people in Russia or that he liked it without the cover of only killing bad people like S1. Of course, he really doesn't seem to care that he killed Billy at all. He showed more concern for that bird Yao Fei made him kill. OMG, Oliver's an ornithophile. Can he spare the viewers anymore birds and just join the Audubon Society?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

I saw someone on Twitter tweet that David talked about Diggle/Tinah in the Paley interviews - is that true? Is that a thing? I mean it was funny when I thought it was unintended chemistry with all the Oliver/Tinah spec but if it's intentional....rage. 

5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I saw someone on Twitter tweet that David talked about Diggle/Tinah in the Paley interviews - is that true? Is that a thing? I mean it was funny when I thought it was unintended chemistry with all the Oliver/Tinah spec but if it's intentional....rage. 

I can't find the quote at the moment, but he blew it off. It's not intentional. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I can't find the quote at the moment, but he blew it off. It's not intentional. 

Thanks. Good, cause I don't even think that they have chemistry anyway  just that David doesn't look like he'd rather be anywhere else or he's thinking about what he needs for his shopping list when in scenes with her *cough Stephen cough*

I laugh at the fact that Dignah has become such a thing that people are asking David if it'll happen, but I don't actually want Diggle to have juvenile romantic drama. 

1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Sorry, I misinterpreted

I was jumbling spoilers together, it probably wasn't that clear.

Its a nice feeling to have so many good spoilers to work thru.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

As Felicity gets deeper in with the hacker group Helix on Arrow, she finds herself dealing with her own set of complicated issues.  "One of the things we wanted to do with Felicity was have her walk a [bit] in Oliver's footsteps," Guggenheim says. "Have her experience a little bit of the moral ambiguity he lives with on a daily basis. And for us, that's the experience with Helix. It's going to connect up with the Prometheus story in an interesting and unexpected way. I'm very excited about the way it comes together."

Pardon me and please delete if this has already been discussed, but when has Felicity NOT understood the moral ambiguity Oliver lives with? I kinda feel like Oliver doesn't understand the moral ambiguity Felicity lives with.

I wonder if instead of Helix working for Prometheus it's the other way around. Maybe Prometheus is in Star City or targeting GA for some Helix related reason as well. Team Arrow gets a chance to take out Prometheus and Team Felicity stops them. The show kept telling us Merlyn was a necessary evil in S3 and S4.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Pardon me and please delete if this has already been discussed, but when has Felicity NOT understood the moral ambiguity Oliver lives with? I kinda feel like Oliver doesn't understand the moral ambiguity Felicity lives with.

I've actually never seen Felicity question her decisions or the morality of anything she's done unlike Oliver. If this is an opportunity to see her question everything she's done, I'll take it. It just makes her a more dynamic character imo.

• Love 14