Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

Why is that pap so happy to announce Carly Pope is back filming?  I'm assuming he has an adversarial relationship with Olicity shippers?  Personally, I like CP as an actress, I just don't see the point of her character.  

On another site...they were saying he was being sarcastic, and posting false info bc everyone kept asking about her....

Also....With T-80 minutes....

Here's is my theory.... After the team, sans Oliver, finds out about Helix; Thea will ask Felicity to see if there is anything about Susan on there, or to do a darknet background check on her.....and she'll find all sorts of stuff.

9 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Wow they went full on clunky with that dialogue, it's like a combination of being hit over the head, then force fed via a spoon a diet of preachy moral debate. It felt really stiff, unnatural.

Whelp Dinah was brought in to appease a certain viewer and I guess she is playing to that troupey character they want. She is playing for the male gaze, not something that really sits well with me to be honest. I liked Sara's canary, she was super sexy without the constant smolder, just with confidence.

Sara, for as wild a back story as she came with, she always felt like a real person first and LoA trained kickass fighter second.  Tinah not so much.  

7 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Also....With T-80 minutes....

Here's is my theory.... After the team, sans Oliver, finds out about Helix; Thea will ask Felicity to see if there is anything about Susan on there, or to do a darknet background check on her.....and she'll find all sorts of stuff.

And then Thea leaves on a fact finding trip to explain where she is until she pops up for the rest of her 14 episodes presumably at the end of the season?

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And then Thea leaves on a fact finding trip to explain where she is until she pops up for the rest of her 14 episodes presumably at the end of the season?

If they did that, then they couldn't redeem Susan because otherwise, what, Thea's entire SL would be being proven wrong? That would be horrible to do to a main character since S1 for a temp LI introduced in S5 that no one likes. 

2 minutes ago, manbearpig said:

See...I actually think Ray was a lot worse, but maybe that's just because I'm actually invested in what happens to Felicity and don't care about either Oliver or the reporter. 

IMO Ray was worse too, bc they were trying to convince us that his behavior wasn't stalkery and that he and Felicity were romantically inclined. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Hi guys

An advance warning that we are going to be locking the Spoiler Discussion thread about a half hour before the episode airs tonight until about a half hour or so after it ends.  You can post in the new live posting thread during that time.  

ktpng.gif

For most episodes I'm not going to be watching and commenting live ( I like to let the DVR start and then skip through the commercials) but this episode sounds bad enough that live commenting might be the best part of watching tonight.  Bring on the snark!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

Ray was ten times worse....argh I get hives just thinking about him.

He was Christian Grey without the Kinky F**kery ....lets be honest....and TPTB were completely shocked when people told  them that.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ray has been rehabbed so well on LoT that I sometimes forget how much of a mess he was on Arrow.  

Yeah, that's true. I think it's also because didn't we know pretty early on in S3 that they wanted him for a spin-off? Even though it was originally just him and then became LoT? So it was just a matter of getting through the Arrow episodes with him and knowing he'd be gone sooner or later.

Whereas I have no idea what the EPs are thinking when I read their interviews this season, so that kind of affects how I look at S5 characters as well. 

• Love 1
Just now, LadyChaos said:

I don't watch LoT, but I'm glad at least that they have given BR a character to be proud of, he seems like a good guy

I still get what they meant to do with Ray's character on Arrow, it's just that they didn't do it well so instead of eccentric, billionaire genius with boundary issues, he became stalker/creeper.  And his intro on the show with him using Felicity's own program against her just made him look underhanded.   

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ray has been rehabbed so well on LoT that I sometimes forget how much of a mess he was on Arrow.  

Yeah, that's true. I think it's also because didn't we know pretty early on in S3 that they wanted him for a spin-off? Even though it was originally just him and then became LoT? So it was just a matter of getting through the Arrow episodes with him and knowing he'd be gone sooner or later

Yeah, we all knew or guessed he'd be sent to the spin off in the works.  He was always going to be temporary on Arrow, we just didn't know if his effects on the show would be temporary.  And really, the moment they let him be a bit goofy and play off of Oliver, Ray was fun.  I can't imagine any circumstance where Susan could be written as amusing.

• Love 1

Haha, Susan's in 518. Yikes.

At least Ray had a purpose. It was to get in the way of Olicity and introduce the Atom into the Arrowverse. Susan has no point if she's there just to investigate Oliver and then not release her info because she caught a case of the feelings. Seriously, what purpose does she serve aside from love interest? I'm bored just thinking about it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

It seems like Susie is too, since Oliver's performance in the sack didn't "win her over" or whatever MG said in that interview, LOL.

LOL what. When? I haven't been reading any interviews or following spoilers this week. 

It's like the more negative feedback the writers and producers get about a character or storyline, the more they push it and prolong the agony. In all honesty, I can't recall ever dealing with such a perverse group of people in charge of a television show. 

If they truly do drag out this Susan story that is both insomnia-curing and deeply stupid, then it better be that *long* after she's exposed for being up to no good/still investigating Oliver even after sleeping with him/boring and pointless as hell, she's just around causing some sort of trouble and serving to remind Oliver of how immensely dim he is and what poor judgment he has. 

At this point, why would anyone on the team look to him as being a good leader? He keeps making the absolute worst decisions. Since said team is so full now, maybe the season ends with some irony - he finally decides (again, some more) if he would rather be Oliver Queen/Mayor or GA or if he can be both, only for the team to decide that they're done with his fuckery and they don't need him. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

He said it months and months ago when her character was first announced.

Ah. I see. Haha. I thought you meant something new then. I was like WHAT. I was about to go off on a tangent about the sex not being good enough and that's why she carries on investigating him. LMAO. 

43 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Whlp Dinah was brought in to appease a certain viewer and I guess she is playing to that troupey character they want. She is playing for the male gaze, not something that really sits well with me to be honest.

That makes a  kind of sense, to attract the male comic book reader., and maybe the male demographic in general.  Women are more likely to want LL back  or the Black Siren.

2 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

At this point, why would anyone on the team look to him as being a good leader? He keeps making the absolute worst decisions. Since said team is so full now, maybe the season ends with some irony - he finally decides (again, some more) if he would rather be Oliver Queen/Mayor or GA or if he can be both, only for the team to decide that they're done with his fuckery and they don't need him. 

Imagine if he decides to announce to Star City he's the GA, and then the team is all, "Well, this is awkward, but we're actually good without you..." 

• Love 5

Susan's point is going to be to clear GA's reputation in the eye of the public, after Prometheus ruins GA's name ....cause its that time of the year where everyone hates the arrow again

It's how she'll redeems herself later.

• Love 2
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Imagine if he decides to announce to Star City he's the GA, and then the team is all, "Well, this is awkward, but we're actually good without you..." 

I would laugh and laugh. Bonus points if, as he's in the middle of announcing it, they make sure to parade someone (say, Diggle again) in the GA suit in front of some cameras. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

I would laugh and laugh. Bonus points if, as he's in the middle of announcing it, they make sure to parade someone (say, Diggle again) in the GA suit in front of some cameras. 

Is Human Target due back this season - or did I make that up?  I thought there was some talk that he was returning.  If they needed to do the Oliver in two places he would be a good choice - and they could use him to trick Suzie too (on her way out of town hopefully) in a nice full circle move. 

• Love 1

HT is coming back but Oliver believes in Susan... he trusts her.... why would he trick her?

10 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Susan's point is going to be to clear GA's reputation in the eye of the public, after Prometheus ruins GA's name ....cause its that time of the year where everyone hates the arrow again

It's how she'll redeems herself later.

Would she say that she's been looking into the Green Arrow and lie and say that it's not Oliver?

Why would people believe her?

Just now, statsgirl said:

HT is coming back but Oliver believes in Susan... he trusts her.... why would he trick her?

Would she say that she's been looking into the Green Arrow and lie and say that it's not Oliver?

Why would people believe her?

My theory is that she will learn all about everyting Oliver has been through, and will have a change of heart....probably after Oliver learns about the article and dumps her.....and when Prometheus has done his damage and turned the public against the Green Arrow because it must be May, she will use her influence as a reporter to go on National TV and spin a tale to get the public to support him again................ either that or Prometheus will kill her....

• Love 1

Maybe the problem with the theories about the why of it all when it comes to Susan's existence - and why all of the theories lead to still more questions - is that we're all trying to look at it with logic and reason. I honestly don't think the writers can say the same. She's there to serve whatever purpose they see fit, and even if it doesn't come close to making sense, they'll just pretend it does. 

Plus, I do think they've changed their minds at least once about her because that tattoo that now supposedly doesn't mean anything for the show? I don't buy that that was originally the case, given the way the director at the time made sure to focus on it. That wouldn't have happened for no reason at all. 

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I am hoping smarter heads prevail  - so you know anyone but Oliver and perhaps they use HT to prove to Oliver that he is a moron for trusting her.  Technically if Oliver gets away from Suzie without losing everything it doesn't end the same was it did with Isabel.  He is still a box of rocks led by his little head - but he gets away with his secrete identify intact. 

22 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

Maybe (thought I doubt it) they'll pull an Angel and have him agree to be muscle for his smarter compatriots?

6 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

Maybe the problem with the theories about the why of it all when it comes to Susan's existence - and why all of the theories lead to still more questions - is that we're all trying to look at it with logic and reason. I honestly don't think the writers can say the same. She's there to serve whatever purpose they see fit, and even if it doesn't come close to making sense, they'll just pretend it does. 

Always the #1 mistake to make with these writers.

In the TVGuide interview WM talks about Felicity having an island so she can better understand Oliver.  Does this mean she gets a mask? LOL! Only people who go through islands get masks.  JK. I don't seriously expect her to get one but I also don't understand why she has no POV regarding anything but she needs an island.  On one hand, I'm excited for it.  On the other, I don't trust the writers.   I can't decide if her non-reaction to everything is intentional to placate certain fans or if it's part of her story line.

Edited by Sunshine
9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

In the TVGuide interview WM talks about Felicity having an island so she can better understand Oliver.

The rage I feel every time they talk about this being an island for Felicity cannot be good.  NO MORE ISLANDS EVER SHOW!!

Seriously - Felicity was paralyzed last year so if they cared at all about her having and island that should have been it.  But instead they rushed that story line for stupid plot reasons.  And now her island is about Oliver?  Didn't they keep claiming earlier that Felicity's story was not about Oliver or her Dad?   If it had to be about a male character I would have preferred her Dad at this point. 

• Love 11
Just now, Mrs. de Winter said:

The rage I feel every time they talk about this being an island for Felicity cannot be good.  NO MORE ISLANDS EVER SHOW!!

Seriously - Felicity was paralyzed last year so if they cared at all about her having and island that should have been it.  But instead they rushed that story line for stupid plot reasons.  And now her island is about Oliver?  Didn't they keep claiming earlier that Felicity's story was not about Oliver or her Dad?   If it had to be about a male character I would have preferred her Dad at this point. 

I thought being paralyzed was her island....you know in that whole 3-4 ep arc... that was useless

• Love 2

I'm currently explaining how the t/14 rating was a plow...and not really necessary in this episode at all.....I feel like as far as violence goes, its was all really tame....and all I can think of was that the only purpose (outside of using their show as a bad political platform)  was to make the Vigilante(cough...Chase) mad to go after Oliver a

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

^Seriously. It's been a long time - if ever - since I've seen writers this shockingly inept. Part of me thinks that almost has to be purposeful. 

There is no doubt in my mind it is on purpose.  

I think the sole purpose of her upcoming story line is so she can apologize to Oliver for not being as understanding as she should have been with his need to lie and go it alone in the past.  Where she/it goes from there I have no clue.  I'm still interested in her arc just not sure where it's going. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

^^The writers don't have a clue where she goes from there either. 

I think the purposeful bad writing is across the board. Why, I don't know, but it's not an accident that writing this atrocious is negatively impacting just about every character, story, etc.

Edited by weathered1

Guggenheim: We know very specifically what each episode's flashback content is going to be and we're not going to see another Rene-specific flashback this year. 
Mericle: Maybe Season 6.

Boo!  

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

nk the sole purpose of her upcoming story line is so she can apologize to Oliver for not being as understanding as she should have been with his need to lie and go it alone in the past.  Where she/it goes from there I have no clue. 

I can see how dabbling on the darkside and having to fight her impulses to give in to it could help her understand how Oliver has to fight his worse impulses but I can't see how that can teach her anything about why Oliver would hide a kid from his fiance.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Boo!  

I can see how dabbling on the darkside and having to fight her impulses to give in to it could help her understand how Oliver has to fight his worse impulses but I can't see how that can teach her anything about why Oliver would hide a kid from his fiance.  

I guess I'm not convinced it's specifically about the kid.  I think it's more about justifying his behavior in general.  I can't imagine what would be so personal in her involvement with Helix that could compare to the lie about the kid.  If they hadn't been engaged but just friends the kid would have been none of her business.  Unless they are drawing false parallels.  Her shutting him out now has no personal bearing. The team having strong reactions/opinions should be something. <eyeroll>      

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I guess I'm not convinced it's specifically about the kid.  I think it's more about justifying his behaviour in general.     

Going forward they can get back together and just lie to each other about everything.

Oliver: Honey, did you deposit that check?

Felicity: Yes!

[Felicity did not deposit the check. Their mortgage check bounced.]

Felicity: Oliver, did you increase our 401(k) withholding to hit the match?

Oliver: Yes!

[Oliver did not increase the 401(k) withholding to hit the match. Retirement remained forever out of reach.]

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Going forward they can get back together and just lie to each other about everything.

Oliver: Honey, did you deposit that check?

Felicity: Yes!

[Felicity did not deposit the check. Their mortgage check bounced.]

Felicity: Oliver, did you increase our 401(k) withholding to hit the match?

Oliver: Yes!

[Oliver did not increase the 401(k) withholding to hit the match. Retirement remained forever out of reach.]

You're wrong.  He can continue to lie and go it alone.  She will be understanding but can't behave in the same manner.