Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

A and B teams make sense. The team is definitely overcrowded but it has been for a while now.

Am I the only one who thinks they should get rid of Curtis? IDK, I liked him better when he wasn't on the team. I don't know if he really fits. Unless Felicity left the team/show but I don't think that's gonna happen. 

We're stuck with Tina for good as they suddenly can't make a GA show without BC, even though they've been doing it since the beginning. And given how hard they've been pushing Wild Dog, I have a feeling he's sticking around too. So I'm not sure where that leaves things. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Am I the only one who thinks they should get rid of Curtis? IDK, I liked him better when he wasn't on the team. I don't know if he really fits. Unless Felicity left the team/show but I don't think that's gonna happen. 

Nope, I've been advocating to get rid of Curtis since 503, I don't like him anymore. He really doesn't work well with the team.

• Love 3

Curtis may be the most expendable but if he's coming into his own in 5B what is the likelihood of them writing him out this season? 5.10 was him hitting bottom and bouncing back after a pep talk from Rene. 

• Love 1

I think they've always had about 7-8 series regulars per season.  It's just that early on most of those regulars weren't on the team.  Now it seems like everyone, other than Quentin, is on Team Arrow. 

I think that's something the show has lost, starting after Moira was killed, that balance between Oliver's personal life and his life as the Arrow.  They've tried to address it in the last couple of seasons by the mayor thing, but I don't think it's as effective as it was in the early seasons.  

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Wasnt LL as BC coming into her own in s4 also?

Could go that way but I think Laurel was more driven by BTS than what was happening on screen.  There's a reason her masked identity is basically interchangeable.  Not saying he won't be gone but just because we see him as expendable doesn't mean the show does.

I don't follow this person so I have no idea if she has a source or if her past spoilers have panned out but I saw this RT'd last night:

Also, SA is hyping 512-14, although everything we've heard so far about those episodes (Oliver and Susan going "all in," Tina becoming a full-fledged member of the team and suiting up, Wild Dog getting his own flashback episode, Rory possibly leaving, a "very special episode" about gun violence, etc.) makes me think we may have different criteria for "really good." 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure that "what happens in Russia stays in Russia" bit was said at a con?

As for the AC tweet, this is the first I'm hearing of it, but I wouldn't be surprised. That single hospital room must be feeling neglected. Plus, 513 is the episode where something happens at City Hall, so it wouldn't be surprising if something happened to him. 

D.C. Access makes it sound like 5.12 is Felicity/Curtis/Rory & Lance/Rene.  Are the other 3 just muscle?

5.13 Highlights Rene.

5.14 Sounds like girls, girls, girls.

If Oliver isn't featured maybe that's why they are really good.  5.15 is probably a return to Oliver so I'm sure it'll be exceptional.

Wow he sure sounds excited..lol. I do recall him hyping the same set of episodes last year as well. But he did confirm he likes 5x13, I have a feeling I'll like that episode as well. I think those flashback's of WD will be their way of trying to make the audience understand who he is and where he came from. I do think that perhaps both his wife and child were killed because of gun violence. 

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

I do think that perhaps both his wife and child were killed because of gun violence. 

That's likely since he goes into pretty much every situation guns blazing and randomly shoots people at will. This show would probably do exactly that. 

• Love 5

Thinking about Felicity, Rory and Curtis going undercover in the Bravta. This is totally trope-y and fanfic-y, but I hope their is some type of understanding about Oliver and Felicity's relationship to the Bravta and that's how Felicity gets them in and then they Olicity has a moment and a nod to 'what happens in Russia, stays in Russia.'

Then Oliver comes back to SC and goes all in with Reporter cause he is burying his feelings ala S2.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Thinking about Felicity, Rory and Curtis going undercover in the Bravta. This is totally trope-y and fanfic-y, but I hope their is some type of understanding about Oliver and Felicity's relationship to the Bravta and that's how Felicity gets them in and then they Olicity has a moment and a nod to 'what happens in Russia, stays in Russia.'

Then Oliver comes back to SC and goes all in with Reporter cause he is burying his feelings ala S2.

Not today, Satan!

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I guess I'm not following - sorry.  How does being a member of Team Arrow reduce her?  I wouldn't argue that it reduces Felicity - why would it reduce Dinah?  

Felicity is the alpha female of this show. Of course, no matter how crowded the Arrowcave gets, she will always get her due but even in her case, I would argue that her arcs aren't particularly well-written. They generally tend to fizzle out without a lasting impression on her character or the story as a whole. Now back to the Black Canary conundrum. If the last 3 and a half seasons of Arrow are anything to go by, a full-time Black Canary will always be marginalized and reduced to just another member on Oliver's team - and that simply doesn't do the character justice. That's why she's better served in a recurring capacity because it would give the writers a chance to pretend that she has other things going for her (e.g. building her own superhero network, travelling the world to receive training from the best MMA experts, etc.) besides her role as a member on Team Arrow without spending huge amounts of time on it. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm just worried that the what happens in Russia stays in Russia isn't a good thing... 

That's what I'm worried about too. Especially with this whole Oliver and Susan going "all in" hanging over everyone's heads like a sword. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm just worried that the what happens in Russia stays in Russia isn't a good thing... 

The way I see it, it prompted a lot of good Olicity. The moment at the end of the 2x06 was when it occurred to me that Olicity is totally a thing in the show not just fandom. I could see it being tossed out at a joke between by Felicity or Oliver and then the train of thought happens and *moment*.

I don't see another situation with Oliver and rando or Felicity and rando.

If not related to romantic Olicity...

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

My guess: someone catches Felicity using Pandora. 

I like this.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Do you mean like something happening between Oliver and Felicity that stays in Russia or something completely different?

Like IDK Oliver does something to piss Felicity off or hurt her or vice versa and there's a callback to "what happens in Russia stays in Russia right?"

I'm just scared to be hopeful haha

Just now, wonderwall said:

Like IDK Oliver does something to piss Felicity off or hurt her or vice versa and there's a callback to "what happens in Russia stays in Russia right?"

Ah got it :) I was already on a more romantic route LOL

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Something has to trigger Oliver to go all in with the reporter. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't either. I think it'll be about Felicity using Pandora. 

I actually hope it's about Felicity using Pandora. Or that she at least uses Pandora in the episode. I don't want that to just fall into the background until later in the season. I want there to be at least a bit of focus on it in more episodes than not going forward.

I don't think there'll be any Olicity in the next few episodes. I can see Felicity doing something questionable and maybe Rory or Curtis being surprised and she'll say "What happens in Russia, stays in Russia, right?" And we all know that's not true so yeah, I think it's Pandora related and it'll come up again later in the season.

• Love 2

I know the synopsis says that Lance is being interviewed for his addiction, but he is also the Dad of LL. I wonder if Reporter also wants to get info on that. Maybe to find out the identity of her cohorts.

Just now, Angel12d said:

I don't think there'll be any Olicity in the next few episodes. I can see Felicity doing something questionable and maybe Rory or Curtis being surprised and she'll say "What happens in Russia, stays in Russia, right?" And we all know that's not true so yeah, I think it's Pandora related and it'll come up again later in the season.

I think you gonna see at least one Olicity moment during the sweeps. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I know the synopsis says that Lance is being interviewed for his addiction, but he is also the Dad of LL. I wonder if Reporter also wants to get info on that. Maybe to find out the identity of her cohorts.

Depending on how much time has passed between 511 and 512, I wonder if Tinah has been out in the field using her canary cry in Star City. If so, I hope someone told Lance and he doesn't find out when Susan asks, "So, how do you feel about someone else going around the city using the same type of cry that your daughter did?" Or "How do you feel about the statue for your daughter being destroyed?" I've actually been more worried about that than Susan asking Qs to find out the identities of the rest of the team. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Why would you put this in my head. LOL It's just adding more fuel to the ridiculous Rory/Felicity rumor haha

I mean more like Felicity shutting Oliver out. Maybe Rory tries to intervene, but Felicity says to Rory the Russia line. 

Is there any info that there's a triggering event other than Shady Susie sucking Oliver's post-murder sorrow away? I thought the "all-in" wasn't necessarily anything other than Oliver deciding to actually date her. 

I figured they'd just been dating in the background. I'll laugh if after that kiss there's just been a period of nothingness between them that picks up in this ep or the next. Get a clue, Susie!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I am certain we'll get olicity moments that lead up to 5x15 when oliver finds out her secret. 

4 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

But why would Oliver make a move? The "all in" could simply be the natural development of the relationship with the reporter. They have been going out for a while.

and let's not forget this came from Wendy, so yes it could probably just mean the relationship building. To me it just sounded like she was confirming that yes indeed they are dating because majority of the fandom doesn't even think Suzie and Oliver are a couple. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

Where were you? Did you take Dinah somewhere?
Yeah. Not like that. 
It's okay.
What happens in Russia stays in Russia, remember?

No thanks. 

But again, thanks for the spoilers!

Yeah I don't think I'm gonna watch tomorrow. lol

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
Just now, wonderwall said:

Looks like that's what that photo with Tina/Oliver was about... Maybe they go on a side mission.

Still hate it though

That they shoehorned in a reference like that though-one ep after she's been introduced? Yikes x infinity. 

• Love 12