Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I keep reading in certain places that the original cast members are feeling stale, but I swear it's because the new characters and plot lines suck the life from them and the show isn't recharging the characters by featuring the original relationships anymore that made me love the characters and show in the first place.  I feel like they've forgotten that they have to keep feeding these older, original relationships as well as servicing the newbies.  

Yet other shows manage to run for many seasons with the same core cast (Bones, Supernatural, etc.). The EPs just don't have the time and/or imagination to come up with new stories for old characters (because they're so busy with multiple projects). Instead, they just introduce new DC characters so that they can copy and adapt from already-written comics histories or re-hash old Arrow storylines.  

Instead of coming up with new plots for old characters, they're using the same plots for new characters.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 11

I didn't remember DR confirming the bonding scene.

I expect Tinah to be major decoration for the show. DC wants her visible, which means she has to be seen. So this is very easy for me to believe. Honestly as long as she doesn't take over importance, she can LL in the background all the want her too. If it's a Sara, where she is tied to everything (big bad, Oliver, her own set of new characters) and Felicity and Diggle disappear then I'm out.

The six episodes this season, that part I doubt a bit just cause I want to say she has been filming every episode so far.

Anything said about Felicity?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm at a loss here. Who said what that has happened or it's credible it will happen?

Sorry :)

But this is what I read; which I Thought were just joking around at first but are possibly real: 

From memory it was that Tina and Diggld will bond in 5x13 the way he and Laurel did 

Tinah is given her costume by Felicity in 5x14 and they bond. 

The team find out about Susan in 5x14 (I'm assuming this means her investigating Oliver) but Oliver doesn't .

Tinah has a lot of screen time in 5B like Sara in 2B but there's nothing romantic

Im not sure if there the same spoilers the others were talking about haha. I'm seriously at a loss myself.

• Love 1

Maybe that's what it is. I went back for the reference and couldn't find it.

The other things said were that the Russia photos resurface in 5x13 and the Team finds out about Susan in 5x14. 

DR told a fan at a con about the bonding scene, she posted on twitter then thought that it was probably better to keep that information private. Then I think other people got the same spoiler elsewhere. It's unsurprising to me that they are using Oliver, Diggle and Felicity to push the new BC. They must really want the audience to like her, even if imo if they slowly integrated her in the narrative instead of using popular characters to push the audience to like her in a few episodes it would work better. I roll my eyes when I can tell the writers are telling me I have to like a certain character.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Sorry :)

But this is what I read; which I Thought were just joking around at first but are possibly real: 

From memory it was that Tina and Diggld will bond in 5x13 the way he and Laurel did 

Tinah is given her costume by Felicity in 5x14 and they bond. 

The team find out about Susan in 5x14 (I'm assuming this means her investigating Oliver) but Oliver doesn't .

Tinah has a lot of screen time in 5B like Sara in 2B but there's nothing romantic

Im not sure if there the same spoilers the others were talking about haha. I'm seriously at a loss myself.

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The other things said were that the Russia photos resurface in 5x13 and the Team finds out about Susan in 5x14. 

Yeah, I saw these on Twitter and they sound very probable. Not surprising either. They're going to push Tinah. Someone has to find out about those Russia photos and honestly? Oliver's too stupid this season to be the one to do so. It makes sense that others find out before him. Especially since he has to know Felicity's up to something after the end of 5x11, but he's not going to know until 5x15ish? 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

Tinah is the female Wild Dong. Of course she'll be everywhere and the writers will want us to like her....and I expect her to be as much a fan favorite as Wild Dong. As in not at all.

I still feel like she'll just be incorporated into Olivers Arsenal like the other newbies though considering the lack of story points they've given her. She was given no story hook or  connection to any of the season archs.

I mean ALL the newbies are everywhere. Haha.

• Love 1

I had gotten away from the pairing of Tinah and WD but now I'm thinking we are getting that in some way.  It's the idea it's going to be a bit of a rehash of Sara. Sara had all these connections to get her that screen time. They just placed Tinah into the already established narrative so that's what they have to work with. Bonding with the Big 3: Oliver in 5x11, Diggle in 5x13 and Felicity in 5x14. RG talked about new relationships for WD. I think Tinah is going to play a role in 5x13 with the WD story, based on her filming schedule.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think Tinah is going to play a role in 5x13 with the WD story, based on her filming schedule.

I worry that the "tension in the lair" from the synopsis might be a rehash of WD's "I hate metas," with his FBs revealing why that is. And I am so over his "I hate metas" attitude. I don't need to see that again

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I went around twitter and the only thing I found were people saying Tinah is everywhere in the next few episodes. She is bonding with Diggle in 5x13, Oliver is playing Mayor in 5x14 so she can get her costume, etc.

I also saw something (from the same source, I think?) about the team (minus Oliver) "finding out about Susan" in 514. I wonder if Felicity hacked her, saw the Russia pics and this is what she and the team are keeping from Oliver? 

In terms of spoilers, doesn't it feel like the cast is way more tight-lipped this season than in other years? There doesn't ever seem to be good stuff revealed at cons anymore, and Stephen kind of went off on a visitor on his wall last night who was complaining about lack of Olicity/OTA, saying that he doesn't know how people expect him to respond to those kinds of posts because he doesn't control the show. (He then deleted the response.) But didn't he used to offer more hope in seasons past? (Like how his "remember 520" calmed everyone down during the Ray stuff.) This year feels like such a 180, both story wise and cast behaviour wise. 

Edited by Trisha
I was looking at the TL of someone who rt'd her, not the original source
  • Love 1

If the Susan stuff is the secret they were teasing that Felicity is hiding from Oliver, then it seems dumb to me.  This just puts Felicity in this awkward position, thinking should I tell him or not because I am his ex-fiancee telling him something bad about his new girlfriend.  It's the same thing really if any Team Arrow member approaches him and basically says, hey your ex-fiancee just found something bad about your shifty new girlfriend.  Just awkward all around.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 2
(edited)

Her comment about Oliver not knowing was posed as a question. She mentions that he's not in the scene where the team finds out. Maybe they tell him in the next scene? Maybe they keep it a secret from Oliver? I really hope that's not the secret SA hinted at for 515.

45 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm at a loss here. Who said what that has happened or it's credible it will happen?

Plus quite a few more tweets the other day.

4 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

If the Susan stuff is the secret they were teasing that Felicity is hiding from Oliver, then it seems dumb to me.  This just puts Felicity in this awkward position, thinking should I tell him or not because I am his ex-fiancee telling him something bad about his new girlfriend.  It's the same thing really if any Team Arrow member approaches him and basically says, hey your ex-fiancee just found something bad about your shifty new girlfriend.  Just awkward all around.

I swear IF they do that, it's some lame ass parallel to Oliver keeping the BMD secret and I'll have to throw stuff at my TV.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

Stephen gave away Felicity having a boyfriend, Oliver and Felicitys storylines paralleling, Felicity keeping secrets from Oliver, that he'd filmed an episode where he wasn't in the Green Arrow costume and that veiwers should keep their hope for an Olicity reunion at various cons this year.

So I think they are sharing as much as they've shared previously. Only difference is that last year Stephen had a lot of Olicity inspiring type quotes and spoilers because Olicity was together for him to say lots of pro Olicity stuff. 

I think that Stephen is just proud competitive and slightly egotistical and despite his claims thin skinned and therefore he's gotten defensive and protective by the fact that the show is not getting glowing praise the way he is use to, not getting glowing ratings like he liked to brag about (I laughed at his traditional ratings don't matter and outdated, when he use to LOVE touting those dinosaur ratings data when the shows was doing well) and at his cons where he's use to people lauding him with praise and compliments he's instead getting people given their honest and constructive criticism of the show. 

He went from being the star of the numero uno of the network to fourth banana and the red headed step child of the network. 

• Love 11

Oh, if this Susan thing is the secret, that's going to be annoying. And if the show makes it look at all like Oliver is choosing/might choose Susan over Felicity in any way at all, even believing her/giving her the benefit of the doubt, that's going to really piss me off, even if they have some sort of "no, see, this is what was really going on" staged for a future "reveal." 

17 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

think they are sharing as much as they've shared previously. Only difference is that last year Stephen had a lot of Olicity inspiring type quotes and spoilers because Olicity was together for him to say lots of pro Olicity stuff. 

True, and even before Olicity got together in S3 he was giving pro-Olicity hints. My worry is he's not giving hope for Olicity or OTA because there's nothing about it to spoil in what he's shot/read so far. 

• Love 5

Felicity mentioned something in 10 about Oliver having blinders on about people. If she keeps Susan a secret from him it could be because of that (maybe she wants to find out more about what she's up to first?). Which will be annoying because if there's anyone he shouldn't have blinders about it's Shady Susie. 

Then again, isn't 14 the ep where the cops are going after Green Arrow? She could just keep it from him because she doesn't know what SS's endgame is and doesn't want to stress him out about it yet. Which is also stupid and annoying. 

Yeah, I could see her telling the team to wait to tell Oliver until they know more or they know for sure what she is up to maybe because she doesn't want to hurt him or sabotage his relationship. Still if they do this then I need Brian to come on twitter and explain to me how it parallels the BM lie.

The problem is that Susan's investigation could affect them all. Once she digs into Oliver, there's the possibility she finds out about him being GA. Then she could find out about the others. She could decide not to expose Oliver, but what's to stop her from using something she finds about someone else? That's why it's something everyone needs to know about as soon as anyone realizes what she's up to and that needs to be taken care of. Have Cisco send her to another Earth or something. 

• Love 4

I just want the Susan storyline over and done with. 

I read some speculation (here?) that Vince isn't dead but also became a metahuman. If so, I can totally see a Dinah*-centric episode maybe later this season but probably next season where he comes back as a super villain or just a tortured hero. Consistent with the Berlanti shows' habit of copying each other, he could do a Ronnie Raymond where he eventually dies - leading to more Dinah angst, but providing closure on her heartbreak and thus leaving her free to pursue a new romance.

(* I'm tired of typing "Tina/Dinah" and we all know she's going to be called Dinah on the show from now on.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

It's Tinah!

I'm sticking with it. I called Poppy Poppy forever, I see no point in calling her Dinah now ?

I called Vince still being alive right after the episode aired. I don't know if we'll get that this season or next, I've given up any hope of them having Tinah exit the show stage left but, it'll happen.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

that is the most ridiculous thing. Especially considering this might be Rorys last episode. And this is most likely the episode the prayer comes in place and they might touch Havenrock also. Especially since the same circle was wrong on several occasions not just the oliver and reporter hooking up in 5x05 after he finds out about Felicity's bf.  

I find it more believable that Oliver/reporter might have a lunge at the end of the episode 5x12. Since i dont see any indication reporter is in 5x13. 

There were more reliable spoilers posted on twitter. 

For the last time-- this wasn't a real spoiler but a joke. No one was serious about it and trying to imply it was a real spoiler. The person who said it never tried to say it was a spoiler or that it will happen. 

• Love 4

Tinah will only leave if the backlash is so bad it tanks the ratings or if they have a plan to spin her off. Neither seem like possibilities IMO.

I can't think of a good reason to keep Oliver out of the loop on Reporter but I think that is the direction they will take. I did think for a moment it was Pandora since they weak sauced paralleled it with the BMD with Oliver asking if there was something he should know and Felicity shrugged it off, but in terms of super personal that Oliver has a right to know about, if they are looking to parallel BMD dumbness Reporter would probably be it.

• Love 3

When I see the name Taiana, I literally can't remember what character that is but when I see Poppy, I know exactly who we are discussing. I will have the same issue with Tina Boland/Dinah Drake only moreso, since there have already been two Dinahs on the show, one who is still alive and well. So for me, Tinah or Dinah 3.0 really does define her better for me JMHO

• Love 7

I hope the secret is Pandora or related to that hacker group-keeping a secret from Oliver about his girlfriend risks him telling her stuff that he wouldn't (or shouldn't, since who even knows with him this season). It puts them all in danger-so I hope they don't go there or that if they do it's resolved quickly. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

For the last time-- this wasn't a real spoiler but a joke. No one was serious about it and trying to imply it was a real spoiler. The person who said it never tried to say it was a spoiler or that it will happen. 

The "spoiler" was going around for weeks. Under the reasoning of a "legitimate source". Funnily enough for some reason this source does not give the right info to the people. So either the source is lying to them or they take vague responses and turn it into speculation to freak the people out. 

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

The "spoiler" was going around for weeks. Under the reasoning of a "legitimate source". Funnily enough for some reason this source does not give the right info to the people. So either the source is lying to them or they take vague responses and turn it into speculation to freak the people out. 

Okay. Well the first time I saw this "spoilers" about Rory/Felicity sleeping together was on Wednesday night (or possibly Thursday morning) and I can't remember ever seeing talk about it before. So I always took it as a joke and I doubt they were ever serious about it or ever tried to claim it would happen. 

I think Rory/Felicity has been a crack ship/not a real ship for people for a while and they have been joking about it. Maybe some people took that to mean it was a spoiler. Who knows. But the person I saw joking about it was joking about it and never said it was a spoiler or that it came from a legit source. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Okay. Well the first time I saw this "spoilers" about Rory/Felicity sleeping together was on Wednesday night (or possibly Thursday morning) and I can't remember ever seeing talk about it before. So I always took it as a joke and I doubt they were ever serious about it or ever tried to claim it would happen. 

I heard about it a few weeks ago. Dont know why suddenly it got this surge. Especially after more and more hints are coming to surface about 5x12 being Rorys last episode.

Rory might be the person who will notice or remark something about Felicity. 

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't get the beef here. I thought possible   spoilers, actual spoilers, foilers, speculation be it deductive, wild ass and crack speculation is how we roll here. LOL

Its tiring when i consider the source and the mess that it caused the first time.  And there no such thing happened in the show.

People believe the reddit guy because he actually came through with his spoilers. 

• Love 1

It would be dumb if the writers are trying to even the score between Oliver and Felicity with these stupid secrets:
- Susan stuff paralleling BMD
- Pandora stuff paralleling Oliver working with Malcolm
so that they can say, see Oliver doesn't look so bad anymore because Felicity did it too.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 5

I really don't like the idea of Felicity keeping stuff about Susan a secret from Oliver. I know this is just speculation but I worried that they'd do something like this. Have Felicity lie so she'd understand why Oliver found it easy to lie. NOPE. Get that away from me!

Also, not surprised that Tina will have scenes with Diggle and Felicity. They always use those two to prop the new characters. I wouldn't mind so much if it hadn't been years since we've had a proper Delicity scene. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Haha.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't get the beef here. I thought possible   spoilers, actual spoilers, foilers, speculation be it deductive, wild ass and crack speculation is how we roll here. LOL

Spoiler, spec, crack theories? Absolutely.

Foilers? Hell no!

Sorry but, some loser deliberately making up fake spoilers, pretending they have a source and, riling fandom up are no better than trolls, IMO. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Its tiring when i consider the source and the mess that it caused the first time.  And there no such thing happened in the show.

People believe the reddit guy because he actually came through with his spoilers. 

I get that. For me it  seems like it's easier to just salt every spoiler or spec a bit so I don't get entirely aggravated, bummed etc. But that's just me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ComicFan777 said:

Putting felicity in a "keeping a secret" situation ,her hiding something that affects oliver,from oliver ,only for her to understand how oliver felt last season with the lies about his kid. Im so surprised at the possibility of the show actually doing that.

So surprised.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I get that. For me it  seems like it's easier to just salt every spoiler or spec a bit so I don't get entirely aggravated, bummed etc. But that's just me.

If i know it comes from a source that managed to rile up fans for no reasons, claiming they got it from a legitimate source, and then it turns false i get really really annoyed. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Spoiler, spec, crack theories? Absolutely.

Foilers? Hell no!

Sorry but, some loser deliberately making up fake spoilers, pretending they have a source and, riling fandom up are no better than trolls, IMO. 

Erm, I meant foilers, misdirects, etc leaked by showrunners.

• Love 1

I understand if people got annoyed when the person in question presented her idea of w/e it was as a spoiler. I sure was annoyed too when all those spoilers turned out to be fake but on here the Rory/Felicity thing was said very clearly as a joke from the start. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Erm, I meant foilers, misdirects, etc leaked by showrunners.

I've never known that word referred to show runners giving misleading information. I've only ever heard Foiler  applied to fandom. Basically people seek attention by claiming they have a source to become a BNF or rile fandom up etc. Arrow actually has quite a few of them in various fandoms.

I have no patience for those people.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

It would be dumb if the writers are trying to even the score between Oliver and Felicity with these stupid secrets:
so that they can say, see Oliver doesn't look so bad anymore because Felicity did it too.

Thats what they might be  doing and its awful,especially if they go with the first one. Putting down a character so that their "hero" comes out as the victim is wrong considering how much the script propped him last season with the BMD.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

That would be dumb. And would fit with this season. But the problem is that Oliver is so stupid this season that I think Felicity is right to not tell him stuff because who knows what he might do with it.

Not the Susan stuff - but he should probably have figured out by now that she's up to something. "Oh, I'm talking to someone in Russia, here have some Russian vodka, etc." Maybe he tells her he's going to Russia in 512 and she says, "oh, say hello to X for me" or "will you be going to [insert bar from FB/photo]" and if the writers want to keep having him in the dark, he wouldn't even think anything of it. 

• Love 7

It's frustrating...I can't even guess how this season's Oliver would react to either of these secret-keeping situations because he's not really a character anymore...he's become more of a plot device where he's just going to react in a way required of him for plot.

• Love 21

And the thing is, if he doesn't get mad at Susan for investigating him ("just doing her job" or some nonsense like that) and thinks BS can be redeemed- how could he get mad at Felicity for keeping something from him? I hope the writers think about that. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 15