Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

That is the most cringeworthy acting from KC. Yikes, I felt so much secondhand embarrassment. But it's not all her fault. The dialogue did not help haha

I'm confused. Where is this clip?

Honestly Wendy has always sucked at interviews this one is no different. She over sells, she attributes things to the characters that doesn't actually show up on screen, and she double talks her way around questions that makes answers needlessly vague and convuluted.

I see Wendy talking about Billy the same as her talking about Wild Dog. Her trying to make fetch happen basically. 

I don't know that Felicity will actually grieve for Billy himself until 5x20 but that her storyline which started with Billy's death fully resolves itself by 5x20 cue possible Olicity build up to reunion. 

I mean we already had Brian Ford Sullivan and Marc say that she's not driven by Billy but by ALL the dark things that have happened in her life.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

But ignoring that, did she really need 10 episodes to get over a boyfriend she seemed so half-hearted about? Meh.

IDK, it seems to me that the "he wouldn't have been killed if it wasn't for her" is more of a player than her actual feelings about him. So I'm not sure if she's getting over him or getting over that.

• Love 12
Just now, apinknightmare said:

IDK, it seems to me that the "he wouldn't have been killed if it wasn't for her" is more of a player than her actual feelings about him. So I'm not sure if she's getting over him or getting over that.

I like that interpretation more. Bless you and your brain.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I have to praise them here for not bursting out laughing at the "I saw an angel" part like I did, LOL

I loved that part haha. Also the teleported me to the wave rider to magically fix my embolism part. 

I also had to giggle at Oliver in that scene and he's lack of normal response. 

I wonder if they are going to explain how Black Siren and Prometheus know about the wave rider and Sara and the Legends.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Thanks. I had to go to youtube. Whenever I clicked on it, it played the Curtis/WD clip.

Gah. They sound so stupid. They should have been grabbing weapons.

I love the stalker dialogue they are giving not-Laurel.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I wonder if they are going to explain how Black Siren and Prometheus know about the wave rider and Sara and the Legends.

And she mentions that Sara gave her a second chance like Laurel gave her. WOW. Prometheus knows pretty much everything? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And she mentions that Sara gave her a second chance like Laurel gave her. WOW. Prometheus knows pretty much everything? 

He even knows what Laurel was wearing in Oliver's alien dream world! The villain to end all villains tbh

• Love 11

"It basically kicks off the storyline that we've been teasing at least in the press since the season premiere," Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim told AccessHollywood.com. "We always said we had a storyline in mind for Felicity for the back half of the year, and we're finally in the back half of the year. So, we always knew we were headed in this direction with Felicity. And I think, sort of the reason to tell the story is, you know, Felicity is the light in an otherwise very dark show and one of the themes this year, in addition to legacy, has been the effect of that darkness. In many ways it's sort of the overall theme of the show. We sort of address it in different ways every season, which is, when you dabble in the darkness, how much of that clings to you? And what we've done with this story for Felicity is we've basically been spending now four-plus years of Felicity swimming in these dark waters -- what happens when she starts letting it get to her? 

Guggenheim added that the show is doing the new storyline in a way that "honors the character of Felicity."  

"We're not turning her into a dark, brooding vigilante. We're doing it in a way that honors  who the character is and honors the things that people like about the character," he said. "But yeah, we're going to have Felicity flirt with a darker storyline than we've typically done with her."

And, just like Felicity was there during Oliver's training sessions with the new recruits to pull him back when he needed it, her friends will be there for her.

"We've already sort of written scenes – we haven't shot them yet … separate scenes, with Oliver, Diggle and Curtis specifically that they're all trying to sort of reach her in their own way because they all really care about her," he said.

Katie, whose character was killed off in Season 4, now has a deal to appear across the Arrowverse, and bringing her back to the fold that way directly lead to more "Arrow" stories.

"She's always been so embracing of the shows and this recurring sort of role that she has now among all four shows. And, I think one of the things quite frankly that took us all by surprise was, when we made this deal crossing her over, sort of made her untethered to all the shows, was how many stories we had for 'Arrow' that involved Katie. We came up with this one for the midseason finale and Katie was all in and it's always great to have her back," Guggenheim said. "I think she was fully embracing what we were asking her to do here."

As for details on Laurel's return, Guggenheim said, "time travel"

"One of the fun little things about the episode was -- and it really comes from Felicity and Diggle -- is sort of commenting on how good stuff just doesn't ever happen on 'Arrow.' Like Diggle says, 'It seems to me like you're due a win; you're due something positive.' So I think in many ways we sort of used it as a little meta-commentary on the often dark nature of the show."
Read more at http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/arrow-ep-marc-guggenheim-talks-midseason-return/#zLKgF78i0kkFv2X6.99

http://www.accesshollywood.com/articles/arrow-ep-marc-guggenheim-talks-midseason-return/

I do have to say I like that Felicity was coming to the lair on her own - I guess to start looking for Prometheus? - and that no one called her and said, "Hey I know Oliver just accidentally killed your BF and you're grieving alone, but come to the lair because Laurel's alive and we want to celebrate! BTW, we're also going to need your loft for the celebration." 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I loved that part haha. Also the teleported me to the wave rider to magically fix my embolism part. 

I also had to giggle at Oliver in that scene and he's lack of normal response. 

Oliver: "what...how...alright."

Whole thing is a logic fail. I mean you would have thought Oliver would be curious as to why Sara didn't mention anything like a week ago and was totally at peace with her life. Or why she just decided to drop her off and not stay.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Whole thing is a logic fail. I mean you would have thought Oliver would be curious as to why Sara didn't mention anything like a week ago and was totally at peace with her life. Or why she just decided to drop her off and not stay.

Or why Sara just ripped Barry a new one about that exact issue and how she wouldn't change time to save her sister because bad things happen!

• Love 10

Plus, Oliver heard Sara - on multiple occasions - say that there were some things that couldn't be fixed and that you don't use time travel to save people you love (paraphrasing what she said to Barry's dumb ass during the crossover), like...he had two brain cells to rub together at one point, but now I think he's down to a single. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Or why Sara just ripped Barry a new one about that exact issue and how she wouldn't change time to save her sister because bad things happen!

Or why Laurel wanted to go to Oliver's present? I mean, why wouldn't she want to be brought back to as close after she died as possible? Wouldn't Laurel rather her friends and family not spend months grieving for her?

Speaking of, I wonder how long it will take for "Laurel" to ask about Lance. Or if she even will. Maybe that'll get Felicity questioning her "return."

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Speaking of, I wonder how long it will take for "Laurel" to ask about Lance.

She probably won't. He also won't be invited to the 'You are back from the dead' party. 

Didn't SA say that he is 'protecting' Oliver so much this season. Really? I cannot imagine that is working out for him.

• Love 4

If they haven't written scenes yet of the boys trying to pull her back, than Felicity's arc goes beyond Feb sweeps. I'm curious about what WM said about both facing off with Prometheus in their own independent ways because when I first read it, I thought that Oliver and Felicity would face off with each other.

17 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

"One of the fun little things about the episode was -- and it really comes from Felicity and Diggle -- is sort of commenting on how good stuff just doesn't ever happen on 'Arrow.' Like Diggle says, 'It seems to me like you're due a win; you're due something positive.' So I think in many ways we sort of used it as a little meta-commentary on the often dark nature of the show."

I fear Marc Guggenheim mansplaining meta commentary that hasn't even aired yet is truly the lowest point of these five years of reading his interviews. Jesus Jetskiing Christ.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I fear Marc Guggenheim mansplaining meta commentary that hasn't even aired yet is truly the lowest point of these five years of reading his interviews. Jesus Jetskiing Christ.

I'm lost... I don't think that excerpt was him mansplaining anything...

• Love 4

If they haven't written scenes yet of the boys trying to pull her back, than Felicity's arc goes beyond Feb sweeps. I'm curious about what WM said about both facing off with Prometheus in their own independent ways because when I first read it, I thought that Oliver and Felicity would face off with each other.

I'm wondering when the interview happened though, since for all we know this could be for 516 or for 520 (or could have just been really old and be talking about 515. Although from how it's kind of phrased, I wonder if what's going to happen is that they'll find out that Felicity's doing her own thing in 515 and then she just basically tells them to deal with it. Then the rest of 5b would be about them trying to get back on the same page.

13 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Didn't SA say that he is 'protecting' Oliver so much this season. Really? I cannot imagine that is working out for him.

Pretty sure SA was only referring to Oliver getting back to being Team Leader and Best Fighter status, as opposed to "everyone is equal on the team" last season. 

• Love 8

It sounds like Diggle & Rory's stories get wrapped up in 5.12.  

SA mentioned that they are paralleling An Oliver lie with Felicity around 5.15.  He's kept out of the loop but others know.  Unless I misunderstood-I know a lot think he finds out then-I think the lie happens then and is revealed somehow in 5.20. Felicity gets flagged in 5.11. She's in Russia in 5.12.  She probably isn't in 5.13 much (flashbacks are Rene's) which seems to make 5.14 the earliest she could actually do something. This could lead to a confrontation which could lead to some understanding between them.

40 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Didn't she say the wrote scenes but haven't shot them yet? That could be 16 (depending on filming) 17 or 18, maybe 19 at this point.

46 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm lost... I don't think that excerpt was him mansplaining anything...

Imo the entire point of meta-commentary inserted into any kind of media is for it to speak for itself -- we in the audience are supposed to parse it on our own and go "oh, hey, that's so meta!". So when the showrunner explains it before it even happens... I'm truly honestly baffled.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

"We've already sort of written scenes – we haven't shot them yet … separate scenes, with Oliver, Diggle and Curtis specifically that they're all trying to sort of reach her in their own way because they all really care about her," he said.

I kind of like it that Prometheus knows everything.  It makes this year's Big Bad more of a head game than a "bash him over the head" one.

I'm confused about the timeline.  I thought Oliver returned to the lair after not-boinking Susan. But Felicity was crying alone then.  Was there a time jump between the cut-to-black of the kiss and Oliver getting into  lair?  Or did both Oliver and Felicity separately just decide to go back down there that night?  Is Felicity in the same clothes?

WM :  this was her boyfriend and he wouldn’t have died if it hadn’t been for her.

This is most probably true. He maybe would have been killed as a random cop but he was specifically targeted by Prometheus as himself because he was Felicity's boyfriend.

Yay, they've finally remembered that Felicity actually has friends on the Team.  I wonder if some of that writing is in reaction to the uproar about the ending of 5x09.

And, I think one of the things quite frankly that took us all by surprise was, when we made this deal crossing her over, sort of made her untethered to all the shows, was how many stories we had for 'Arrow' that involved Katie.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true to some extent.  They have been trying so hard to write Laurel as the comics BC, it's been a dead weight on the character an the writing as a whole. Now that she's dead, the burden of comics legacy has been lifted and they're free to play around with her.

I shudder to imagine what this season would be like if SA weren't protecting Oliver.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I just hope that what we see on-screen for Felicity's storyline is worth it. These interviews are hyping it up and all, but until it begins on-screen? I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

If they haven't written scenes yet of the boys trying to pull her back, than Felicity's arc goes beyond Feb sweeps.

That's promising. Maybe the comment about 5x20 is really about the entire arc, not just Felicity grieving for Billy? 

(I still would love some acknowledgement from someone that Felicity is usually left to deal with things alone/what she's going through is pushed aside for everything else. Please let that happen in one of these upcoming scenes.) 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This is most probably true. He maybe would have been killed as a random cop but he was specifically targeted by Prometheus as himself because he was Felicity's boyfriend.

But he was also part of the ACU, which was reporting to Oliver - and Oliver said as much in that press conference, so that was public knowledge. I'm going to assume Prometheus knew Billy was part of the ACU because he knows everything else. So you actually never know. You could argue that Prometheus could have still wanted Oliver to be responsible for the death of one of the cops on his task force and would've done the same thing he did even if Felicity wasn't dating Billy. So if Billy had still been investigating and Prometheus caught him? You don't know. I think the only thing you can say for certain is he wouldn't have sent Felicity that photo because they probably wouldn't have known each other if they weren't dating. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Imo the entire point of meta-commentary inserted into any kind of media is for it to speak for itself -- we in the audience are supposed to parse it on our own and go "oh, hey, that's so meta!". So when the showrunner explains it before it even happens... I'm truly honestly baffled.

These are the same people who don't think their audience is understanding and reacting correctly to the amazing writing/show they're producing. So, of course, he's gonna try and explain everything to us stupid viewers.

• Love 5

Prometheus had already killed a random cop on the ACU,Poppy's husband.  But he picked Billy specifically to kidnap (as opposed killing like the other cops) and to dress up in his costume so Oliver would be responsible for killing Felicity's boyfriend.  As to how he knew that Billy was Felicity's boyfriend..... Evelyn.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

These are the same people who don't think their audience is understanding and reacting correctly to the amazing writing/show they're producing.

I am just glad that they seem to get that people don't love WD as much as they do. I assumed that they are still in denial. Maybe the focus group told them that he is useless.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I still don't understand... He was just spoiling a meta quote. He wasn't explaining that the quote was meta. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As to how he knew that Billy was Felicity's boyfriend..... Evelyn.

Yeah, I feel like that was the whole point of that awkward "inside man," one of the many times Felicity was stumbling over calling Billy her BF in the lair scene. 

It's getting to the point that I just assume Prometheus knows everything and there's absolutely nothing he doesn't know. 

5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I am just glad that they seem to get that people don't love WD as much as they do. I assumed that they are still in denial. Maybe the focus group told them that he is useless.

I just fear that 513 is going to be the "please love Wild Dog, look this is his tragic backstory" episode.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

To be quite honest...I was so focused on her rings that the emotional beats the scene should have completely went over my head...Why is she wearing a whole ring store on two hands.

Because it's always been KC playing KC.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I feel like that was the whole point of that awkward "inside man," one of the many times Felicity was stumbling over calling Billy her BF in the lair scene.

Gives new meaning to the scene where Evelyn asks Felicity about dating while she's working with Team Arrow and Felicity tells her 'don't'.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/arrow-producer-teases-laurels-return-talia-al-ghul-midseason-premiere-1201969626/

And Dig was set up by Prometheus and captured by the law again. Is another rescue in the works?

We did our prison break in episode four so I’d expect something different. Dig is in jail again, but the outcome is going to be different and his attitude about it is going to be very different. It’s going to also involve Oliver pulling some fast ones on Felicity.

Again, really?! Why? 

And this:

Does her return affect Oliver’s relationship with Susan Williams (Carly Pope)?

I think the short answer to that is no. Any sort of romantic relationship between Laurel and Oliver we pretty much put to bed in Season 2.

Why is that even a question?

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I still don't understand... He was just spoiling a meta quote. He wasn't explaining that the quote was meta. 

I read it as him explaining that the commentary was meta, so I don't know what else to say. Disengaging.