Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I must be having a day because I didn't understand any of those tweets about the O/L wedding and the trolling tbh.

He's saying the wedding that was trolled is between O/L. Then goes on to say there is no wedding. Huh?

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I must be having a day because I didn't understand any of those tweets about the O/L wedding and the trolling tbh.

He's saying the wedding that was trolled is between O/L. Then goes on to say there is no wedding. Huh?

I really don't get the trolling thing because I don't think the original person who posted about the wedding ever gave any implication that was between Oliver and Felicity - the fandom did that on their own. (Maybe I'm wrong?). There is a wedding scene being filmed apparently, it doesn't really matter that it's not in a "real" timeline.

And I think he means there's no wedding because the wedding itself is not real, because it's happening in some other timeline/Earth/whatever than the one the show actually takes place in. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

A LOT wedding that involves Sara, Oliver, Ray and Laurel.

Given MG's response to the question about KC coming back, I wouldn't be surprised if he threw some shade by having Oliver marrying Sara and Laurel is married to an absent Tommy (or Ray).

Edited by Chaser

This is what I don't get. Oliver and Felicity news in the media was always done organically. Now they're scrambling because of those ratings and I'm sure they will go lower to. The only hope they have if these Olicity fans stay for Felicity's arc, (if there is one.)

Wonder if this was part of the negotiations with KC's representatives. She was supposed to be THE Love Interest. Give it to her or we'll sue for contract violations. Ha! I am beginning to think BTS stuff might explain a lot of things. 

I would like Oliver to know he is in another reality and he has to play the part. A rehearsal dinner full of him ducking Laurel's affection and trying to get ahold of Felicity.

"Thea we can't stay here. I can't marry Laurel. I can't."

"It's okay Oliver. Hush, don't cry." 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Wonder if this was part of the negotiations with KC's representatives. She was supposed to be THE Love Interest. Give it to her or we'll sue for contract violations. Ha! I am beginning to think BTS stuff might explain a lot of things. 

Yup I think lawyers definitely got involved. using the word "representation" pretty much confirmed it. It would also explain why the deal was last minute and announced at SDCC. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yup I think lawyers definitely got involved.

I don't know what is the truth behind it and I doubt will ever find out but why would anyone even want to return if his/her character was killed off? Wouldn't anyone just take the compensation money and never return. Maybe it is just what I'd do. Because for all we know KC could go on to star in any other pilot but for some reason nobody wants to let go. 

I don't understand why KC doesn't want to let go. They barely remembered or cared much about her character. Yes, Black Canary is a badass character, however the version she is playing is not. Especially when CL's character completely outshines her in every way. The White Canary is the master marital artist that's going to lead a team of super heroes. While Laurel was nothing more than a side kick that no one really wanted on the team in the first place. 

Is it just for the Convention money? She does know that being in a comic related show means she can go to conventions for the rest of her life, she doesn't need to be on the show to attend. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I don't know what is the truth behind it and I doubt will ever find out but why would anyone even want to return if his/her character was killed off? Wouldn't anyone just take the compensation money and never return. Maybe it is just what I'd do. Because for all we know KC could go on to star in any other pilot but for some reason nobody wants to let go. 

I am thinking she can't get any other jobs, I mean she was doing a low budget film. I think she tried to get work but wasn't successful while her lawyers did this in the background. We will know once this deal is over how she even bounces back.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Sunshine said:

If anyone cares the Billy Joel song for 5.05 is "The Stranger".  The one for the season for both Arrow & Olicity is "Getting Closer." 

I'm thinking they could have saved themselves a ton of trouble by noting having Det. Mayo be Felcity's boyfriend.  Yes, spend the season getting Oliver and Felicity closer.  But having them date other people is what is having people give up hope.

• Love 8

The "getting closer" stuff has been repeated even from the actors, I think. IIRC, When they were asked what was the state of Olicity, either SA or EBR answered that they were even closer, because now they worked as true partners or something like that. All the while I was asking myself, then what have I been watching these past 4 years? Was it a figment of my imagination?

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

That would be more my bet if this person really is going to be the new Black Canary.   I would think they'd learned their lesson about casting someone without the physical skills for the role.  

(Forever grumpy about it not being Sara *grumble grumble*)

It's not Sara and I doubt it ever will be. IMO It'll be like admitting she was supposed to be the BC in the first place. And I doubt they want to open up that can of worms.

• Love 1
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I know it's not Sara - that's why I'm grumpy. :(

sorry I worded it wrong. I meant I doubt it's ever gonna be Sara b/c of BTS stuff :/

To be fair though, Sara is great with or without the title

She is great, but personally I want her to have the validation of having the actual name.  It irritates me that Sara couldn't be the actual BC because her name wasn't Dinah Laurel, but yet we can apparently bring someone else in who isn't even a Lance, and they can take the name.  And making Sara the Black Canary would get rid of the whitewashing complaints about using the White Canary name.   Doesn't look like it's going to happen though, so I guess I'm just going to be permanently grumpy. :( Lol.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

I don't think those who care about Black Canary being Dinah's title will ever warm to any character becoming BC. That mantle has to stay buried with Laurel, IMO.

But no one said anything about Red Canary! Or maybe even Blue Canary? Haha.

Lol.  True.   Did they ever confirm that Dinah's maiden name was Drake?  If not, I suppose that could open the door for a Dinah Drake.  Or she could be a cousin.  Still, it seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to not give the name to Sara.

11 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

Watch "Tina" be actually Dinah (Drake).

Laurel's mother is Dinah Drake Lance so it

6 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Isn't Dinah Laurel and Sara's mom? I mean in name anyways.

Yes, yes she is.

• Love 1

Yes, Dinah is the mom. But I don't think they (= the show) ever mentioned her maiden name.

So everything is still possible. (please do not take me serious on this. I need to make fun of stuff like this to keep me from getting upset about it.)

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

Watch "Tina" be actually Dinah (Drake).

This show would really be stretching the limits of the number of younger women I would reasonably believe are named Dinah. Unless she's, like, Laurel and Sara's cousin or something who has the family name. Which...being a Lance blood relative would up her chances of being Oliver's new LI. Heh.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm thinking they could have saved themselves a ton of trouble by noting having Det. Mayo be Felcity's boyfriend.  Yes, spend the season getting Oliver and Felicity closer.  But having them date other people is what is having people give up hope.

Right.  After their relationship last season, having them date anybody else so quickly feels plain wrong.  But, I also am pretty mad about who they're dating, especially in the context of what someone said up thread about the hero falling in love with the smart, but nerdy girl--that just doesn't happen.  And, it was refreshing because it indicated that Oliver was a good person who really saw Felicity--her loyalty, genius, bravery, compassion, ethics--despite her quirkiness and her glasses. That Oliver Queen fell deeply in love with that girl meant something to me, especially given who he was pre-Gambit and the type of women he dated when he returned.  So, when I heard the the female reporter's voice on one of the promos, with its sultry challenge to "Mr. Queen," I was pissed that they're regressing him back to lusting after powerful, sexualized women. Except for their first time, the Olicity sexy times have been smiling and joyful (401) and deeply intimate (yin-yang kiss). 

To me, reverting back to women like Helena and Isabel (and maybe this reporter and/or Tina) after he's loved Felicity, makes Oliver seem shallow.

Conversely, I hate that Felicity's LIs are always promoted as the "anti-Oliver."  In his own show and this far in his hero's journey, no other romantic partner should even come close to being as ideal as the hero.  

(I would have put this in the relationships thread, but it contains possible spoilers)

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Looks like baby John instead of baby Sara is the only flashpoint change on Arrow.  

I am trying really hard to not be really angry about this. This is bullshit if it's true. You erased a beautiful baby girl for a baby boy. What the actual fucking fuck Arrow??

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Where did you see that?

Felicity was on Flash.  I am wondering what is the point of Felicity carrying this knowledge through the end of the season.  

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I am trying really hard to not be really angry about this. This is bullshit if it's true. You erased a beautiful baby girl for a baby boy. What the actual fucking fuck Arrow??

Baby Sara could never become John "disappointment" Diggle Jr. aka Green Arrow 2.0 so why give John 2 children when you can give him 1 and maybe age him up a little.

But if that is the only change for Arrow, then Flashpoint is even weaker then it already was. 

What I find interesting in that photo of Digg and the new son is that he's not a baby. He's a pretty big boy, 5-7? I'm crap at guessing kids' ages. That's more than a gender swap. That means Lyla got pregnant much earlier. Wonder how that affects Digg's storyline. But yeah, I expected it but I'm still pissed they erased a girl from existence. This shows are so damn problematic. #FrakYouBarry

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

What I find interesting in that photo of Digg and the new son is that he's not a baby. He's a pretty big boy, 5-7? I'm crap at guessing kids' ages. That's more than a gender swap. That means Lyla got pregnant much earlier. Wonder how that affects Digg's storyline. But yeah, I expected it but I'm still pissed they erased a girl from existence. This shows are so damn problematic. #FrakYouBarry

Knowing these writers they just mirrored Olivers storyline with Digg not knowing he had a kid or he/Lyla got back together much sooner.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Baby Sara could never become John "disappointment" Diggle Jr. aka Green Arrow 2.0 so why give John 2 children when you can give him 1 and maybe age him up a little.

But if that is the only change for Arrow, then Flashpoint is even weaker then it already was. 

Why couldn't Baby Sara grow up to be Green Arrow 2.0 or 3.0? Because comics? Or what?

• Love 1