Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

But this is supposed to be a hero's journey, in which he's guided by the love of The Woman. How does both of them dating other people while being friends work with that theme at this point?

I was joking.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Is Oliver then at least going to have something going on with Laurel's ghost? Because Dawson and Joey did give it a semblance of a go at the end of S4/beginning of S5. 

Wait, which random homeless person fell in love with Pacey? I'm thinking Felicity is Pacey in this situation.

Well, they're going through the trouble of making a statue of LL/BC, so... ::shrug:: (I'm kidding! Mostly.)

Rando homeless guy fell in love with Joey. I know the parallels between Dawson's Creek and Arrow work better with Felicity as Pacey, the unexpected love interest, but I've always thought that Pacey has more Oliver qualities as the screw up that's trying to be better. And Felicity as Joey, the girl everyone loves.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Maybe this is a stupid question but is Arrow getting any buzz over this hiatus? Last season everyone and their mother seemed to talk about it (or maybe that is what it felt like to me), this season I don't feel it as much. I get that SA was busy with the TMNT but since that bombed quite hard maybe he should consider sticking it out with his show and making sure it sticks around. Good storylines should be a requirement for that. 

Maybe I am just bitter. That could be part of my very grumpy outlook on things. On top of that it doesn't make my arguments make the most sense.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wonder is FS's oneside** one true love is going to die and have a deathbed confessional as well? Really this is all Raylicity's fault because if FS had not gone out for jello, she might have been able to have a proper dumping. That way the show would not feel the need to repeat it the whole thing in a following season. We should have seen this coming, every other plot was redone in s4. They just ran out of time for Raylicity part deux & now they have a new crop of men for her to play with. Will it be cop or vigilante? OQ is definitely banging the reporter.

TBH, I've come to expect this level of childish passive-aggressive storytelling from Arrow writers. They want you to like the story they are selling and if you don't they will just give it to you over and over again until you accept it. Negative audience & reviewer response is not enough for them to reevaluate, it only triggers them to double down harder. It's detrimental to the show, but whatever, I'm beginning to think they don't actually care about the show as much as they care about proving their points - even if it leads to the worst plots ever or complete redeux of lackluster arcs. Because obviously we were not watching the show correctly the first time.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope the show tanks this season so that it can get back on the track I thought I was watching. The problem is that I think because the ratings have stayed stable, the writers think people are liking what they are putting out. When in actuality, I think a large part of the audience is returning every week in hopes that the show they loved has returned. I know thats why I tune in. There is a lot of loyalty in the Arrow audience, but I hope the writers don't confuse that with quality storytelling. S5 looks like it is going to be a big season for me for all the wrong reasons. It also looks like it might be the final season, maybe not for the show but for me.

ETA - ** the onesided is the new guys undying forever love of FS, while she is more neutral.

Edited by kismet
clarification**
  • Love 2

If they are giving Felicity a boyfriend (which is still unclear), I think they're doing it so they can have Oliver date too. It would make the moving on be more even between the two of them, and not so one-sided. 

• Love 3

Giving either one of them someone new (love interest/romantic partner/screw buddy) while Oliver and Felicity still have unresolved issues between them that the writers haven't even addressed is STUPID. So of course this is what the writers will do. Currently I have no excitement in me right now for this upcoming season. These writers are so damn DUMB IMO!!

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

What homeless guy? I don't remember this at all. There was Eddie, who was poor, but not homeless. Is that who you mean?

Was the guy who mugged her homeless? I know he had a wife and kid - regardless, didn't he basically "fall in love" with Joey and then they sang a song together and it was a garbage story line, but it did produce one of my favorite rants from the recapper at TWOP. 

I'm going to try to dial back my irritation, disappointment, and frustration at this show, wait for SDCC and the premiere, and keep reminding myself to lower my expectations. Lower. More. Keep going. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Well, they're going through the trouble of making a statue of LL/BC, so... ::shrug:: (I'm kidding! Mostly.)

Rando homeless guy fell in love with Joey. I know the parallels between Dawson's Creek and Arrow work better with Felicity as Pacey, the unexpected love interest, but I've always thought that Pacey has more Oliver qualities as the screw up that's trying to be better. And Felicity as Joey, the girl everyone loves.

Do we know if the statue will have any special features? Any special holes or magical push buttons for barbed and poorly delivered lines? Because OQ may seriously believe that the statue & LL are the same thing because the have very similar attributes.

I agree that OQ is more the Pacey of the coupling. I can't remember a lot of it right now, but I think Pacey had trouble moving on after Joey. Whereas Joey just dated everyone easily and barely missed Pacey. FS is the Joey in that everyone loves her. I mean heck even the complaints of her taking over the show are similar to the complaints about Joey taking over DC. My only biggest complaints with the DC/Arrow comparison is that DC was a coming of age story and Arrow is a Hero's journey. Pacey & Joey breaking up and taking 2 seasons to get back together made sense because they were in high school/college. Dating around and exploring who you are made sense. O/F are in their mid 20s to early 30s, that is settling down time not exploring other people.

The writers intended to break up Olicity in a rather hard core way. They never should have gone through with the actual engagement in the Winter Finale. They should have kept the souffle proposal failure and let that stand as where the couple stands marriage. The engagement pushed them into a whole other level of coupledom that needs to be respected by the writers. But it was used as a ploy to make everything else more dramatic. SMH right now for how poorly the writers are handling this couple.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

If they are giving Felicity a boyfriend (which is still unclear), I think they're doing it so they can have Oliver date too. It would make the moving on be more even between the two of them, and not so one-sided. 

If the one-sided was reference to my post. I meant one-sided on the boyfriend's part. Similar to LL, this new guy for FS is going to love her in his bones and she is going to be her one true love forever and ever. Tragically it won't matter, because FS's does not feel the same. I so feel a death bed confessional complete with an inappropriately placed Olicity rules line coming for FS's boyfriend.

Considering the season has yet to start and we don't really know what's going to happen, aside from wild speculations based on very little bits of info, maybe we could try and wait until the premiere to start wishing for  the show to tank? 

• Love 11
(edited)

Catching up on the thread... I'm going to stop listening to Stephen. 

But I also don't trust Dettiot AT ALL. Because even though Stephen does hand out a few upcoming lines, he doesn't spoil about anything like that. Not only that, but Stephen is also being trollish lately so I double don't trust Dettiot to interpret what he said/his tone/etc considering the last time she gave us a spoiler which she interpreted wrong.

2 minutes ago, looptab said:

Considering the season has yet to start and we don't really know what's going to happen, aside from wild speculations based on very little bits of info, maybe we could try and wait until the premiere to start wishing for  the show to tank? 

I concur :p 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

Maybe this is a stupid question but is Arrow getting any buzz over this hiatus? Last season everyone and their mother seemed to talk about it (or maybe that is what it felt like to me), this season I don't feel it as much.

No, I get that feeling too. I think that 323 alone, despite some comments and the overall series finale-esque feel to it, actually did set up a lot of stuff to get excited for and talk about. Oliver and Felicity being a couple, Oliver and Diggle getting their friendship back together, Thea being Speedy, the big bad already being set-up as a mysterious someone the current big bad was fighting against along with having connections to possibly three of the main characters (Oliver's new enemy, the secret behind Diggle's brother's death and HIVE, and Felicity's absent father, even if it wasn't true, that was still a pretty talked about theory/topic throughout the hiatus and beyond), the LoT connections that would need to be resolved. 423 just kind of fizzled out, not really leaving much wiggle room for the imagination or discussion on how Thea and Diggle would come back to the team, how/when Oliver and Felicity would get back together (, or where the story would even go from here (heck, I'm still not even entirely sure if this Church guy is the big bad because we still don't know how any of this is connected to Oliver even though it is supposed to as per SA). 

Just now, looptab said:

Same, especially because,

*whispers* Unpopular opinion: I would find it kind of funny if Felicity had a non-committal boyfriend for like a month or two offscreensville only to break-up with him in 501 because he might suddenly want a deeper relationship while she still connects deep romantic relationships with Oliver and wants none of that.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

I've been hoping for it since BMD & rushed SCI arcs revealed how glaringly obtuse the writers room has gotten. I thought s3 was an aberration, but considering 4b and what they have revealed for s5. It's becoming more clear to me that everything I love about the show is purely accidental. I keep on thinking the show is moving in the wrong direction. But maybe its me who is not on the right track. It definitely is not what I thought the show was going to be after s2. I love the characters, but there has to be some reason for them to reevaluate why people are upset with their stupid plot lines like MM still being alive, LoA marriage, BMD, LL's entire being and other stuff. Social media & reviews are not enough. I feel like tanking is the only option at this point. The CW won't drop it either way, so I don't see this tanking as anything more than a well needed wake-up call for TPTB.

• Love 1

To be quite honest, I see Olicity going two ways:
1) FIRST-
a. 501/502: We are going to find Felicity and Oliver in a state flirtatious sexual tension like at the beginning of 301, you know before the dreaded RPG.  Oliver and Felicity have probably been playing a game of ‘maybe maybe-not’ but Felicity probably mentions a (potential) ‘rebound’ boyfriend which prompts Oliver to think he should start trying to move on, which IMO might also be motivated by a PR rep trying to push him to pick someone to marry to be more appealing to the people.  
b. 503: Felicity’s rebound will fall out quickly, but Oliver goes on a date with the Reporter, only to decide he just isn’t ready.  
c. 504: Lyla shows up, Diggle is in trouble.  Felicity and Oliver jump on an ARGUS flight to save.  My guess would be a fight ensues brought on by Oliver feeling like Felicity sends him mixed signals making it hard to move on, and maybe even brings up being recommended that he marry.  At some point they end up locked up and stuck together, and end up having a heart to heart and clearing of the air. They save Diggle, bring him back to SC.
d. 505: Things seem up in air, and tense in the bunker.  However at the end, Oliver and Felicity reconcile.
e. 506: Felicity and Oliver decided they don’t want to wait to get married at the end up the episode.
f. 507: plans are made
g. 308/508(arrow 100th ep) crossover: is their wedding with all sorts of crossover shenanigans.
2) SECOND-
a. 501/502: We start the season off with both of them trying to deny that they still have feelings for each other and trying to move on. Felicity rebounds with some random guy that we probably only meet once, maybe twice. Oliver tries to date the reporter but no such luck, which may also be forced.
b. 503-506: After Dig comes back, he will tell them both their being stupid. They keep denying it.
c. Roughly 508/509: Oliver has epiphany that there may be a chance to be with Felicity again, and starts trying to ‘woo her’.  However, she kind of keeps letting him hang, maybe even acting like she doesn’t see what he is doing.
d. 514/515: There is a BIG FIGHT because Oliver tells her he thinks she intentionally letting him hang because she isn’t ready to take him back but can’t let him go.  Which sets off the obligatory 5 episode relationship estrangement (or get together) that Arrow always has.
e. 519/520-523: The end is nye, the last three eps are 24 hours, things are said, they get back together, and get married at the end of 523 by whoever they can find to officiate them while their wearing their clothes from the battles.
3) A few other things I suspect:
a. The reporter will probably only be hanging around Oliver, flirting with him, trying to seduce him because she is trying to get dirt on him.
b. I suspect we will see Thea around, but IF and that’s a BIG IF IMO she puts the suit back on it won’t be till 515 or later.  
c. I believe we will see Felicity’s father back, and her desire to get to know will cause a rift between her and her mom.
d. Felicity will start Smoak Technologies. (maybe with the help of her father)
e. We will have the OTA in most eps, with a revolving door of sidekicks to fill up the vacant spaces left open from Roy/Thea and Black Canary/Canary.
f. Felicity will be dealing with coming to terms with wiping out a small city to save a bigger one.
g. The Black Canary statue will get destroyed.
h. Even if I’m wrong about the 2 Olicity scenarios: I think the Mayors PR office will push Oliver to ‘settle down’, Dig will get into trouble and Oliver and Felicity will have to save him, Olicity will have a huge fight,  and the wedding will be rushed
4) Things we can assume:
a. The bunker will be broken into……………always is…
b. Malcolm Merlyn will hold up his mantel of ‘Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal’ as per his usual custom.
c. There will be an obligatory relationship fall out or get together about 515 that will last 5 eps, TPTB seem compelled to do every season….why? IDK?
d. The last three eps will all be in the same day as it has been the last 3 seasons.
e. A main character will die….or a main-ish character….. Somewhere around 519-521.

Please feel free if you think I missed anything..

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Eh, people should feel their feelings. It's not as if wishing for the show to tank will actually make it happen. I sent all kinds of deathrays to Arrow in S3, and mostly ratings went UP.

Sure, but at this point it seems a little premature :)

20 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Was the guy who mugged her homeless? I know he had a wife and kid - regardless, didn't he basically "fall in love" with Joey and then they sang a song together and it was a garbage story line, but it did produce one of my favorite rants from the recapper at TWOP. 

tennant-crazy-laugh.gif

18 minutes ago, kismet said:

I agree that OQ is more the Pacey of the coupling. I can't remember a lot of it right now, but I think Pacey had trouble moving on after Joey. Whereas Joey just dated everyone easily and barely missed Pacey. FS is the Joey in that everyone loves her. I mean heck even the complaints of her taking over the show are similar to the complaints about Joey taking over DC. My only biggest complaints with the DC/Arrow comparison is that DC was a coming of age story and Arrow is a Hero's journey. Pacey & Joey breaking up and taking 2 seasons to get back together made sense because they were in high school/college. Dating around and exploring who you are made sense. O/F are in their mid 20s to early 30s, that is settling down time not exploring other people.

They both dated. Pacey started season 4 in some sort of relationship thing with a rich girl played by Jennifer Morrison. Then he was pining for a waitress who was in a relationship with their married boss and he was in a relatively serious relationship with Joey's roommate. There were probably others along the way.

Just now, looptab said:

Sure, but at this point it seems a little premature :)

Feelings don't have to make sense, and oftentimes venting makes people feel better. 

Plus, seriously, if that worked Guggie's head would have exploded, Scanners-style, back in S3 from all the hate I psychically beamed at him. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

1) FIRST-
a. 501/502: We are going to find Felicity and Oliver in a state flirtatious sexual tension like at the beginning of 301, you know before the dreaded RPG.  Oliver and Felicity have probably been playing a game of ‘maybe maybe-not’ but Felicity probably mentions a (potential) ‘rebound’ boyfriend which prompts Oliver to think he should start trying to move on, which IMO might also be motivated by a PR rep trying to push him to pick someone to marry to be more appealing to the people.  
b. 503: Felicity’s rebound will fall out quickly, but Oliver goes on a date with the Reporter, only to decide he just isn’t ready.  
c. 504: Lyla shows up, Diggle is in trouble.  Felicity and Oliver jump on an ARGUS flight to save.  My guess would be a fight ensues brought on by Oliver feeling like Felicity sends him mixed signals making it hard to move on, and maybe even brings up being recommended that he marry.  At some point they end up locked up and stuck together, and end up having a heart to heart and clearing of the air. They save Diggle, bring him back to SC.
d. 505: Things seem up in air, and tense in the bunker.  However at the end, Oliver and Felicity reconcile.
e. 506: Felicity and Oliver decided they don’t want to wait to get married at the end up the episode.
f. 507: plans are made
g. 308/508(arrow 100th ep) crossover: is their wedding with all sorts of crossover shenanigans.
2) SECOND-
a. 501/502: We start the season off with both of them trying to deny that they still have feelings for each other and trying to move on. Felicity rebounds with some random guy that we probably only meet once, maybe twice. Oliver tries to date the reporter but no such luck, which may also be forced.
b. 503-506: After Dig comes back, he will tell them both their being stupid. They keep denying it.
c. Roughly 508/509: Oliver has epiphany that there may be a chance to be with Felicity again, and starts trying to ‘woo her’.  However, she kind of keeps letting him hang, maybe even acting like she doesn’t see what he is doing.
d. 514/515: There is a BIG FIGHT because Oliver tells her he thinks she intentionally letting him hang because she isn’t ready to take him back but can’t let him go.  Which sets off the obligatory 5 episode relationship estrangement (or get together) that Arrow always has.
e. 519/520-523: The end is nye, the last three eps are 24 hours, things are said, they get back together, and get married at the end of 523 by whoever they can find to officiate them while their wearing their clothes from the battles.
3) A few other things I suspect:
a. The reporter will probably only be hanging around Oliver, flirting with him, trying to seduce him because she is trying to get dirt on him.
b. I suspect we will see Thea around, but IF and that’s a BIG IF IMO she puts the suit back on it won’t be till 515 or later.  
c. I believe we will see Felicity’s father back, and her desire to get to know will cause a rift between her and her mom.
d. Felicity will start Smoak Technologies. (maybe with the help of her father)
e. We will have the OTA in most eps, with a revolving door of sidekicks to fill up the vacant spaces left open from Roy/Thea and Black Canary/Canary.
f. Felicity will be dealing with coming to terms with wiping out a small city to save a bigger one.
g. The Black Canary statue will get destroyed.
h. Even if I’m wrong about the 2 Olicity scenarios: I think the Mayors PR office will push Oliver to ‘settle down’, Dig will get into trouble and Oliver and Felicity will have to save him, Olicity will have a huge fight,  and the wedding will be rushed
4) Things we can assume:
a. The bunker will be broken into……………always is…
b. Malcolm Merlyn will hold up his mantel of ‘Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal’ as per his usual custom.
c. There will be an obligatory relationship fall out or get together about 515 that will last 5 eps, TPTB seem compelled to do every season….why? IDK?
d. The last three eps will all be in the same day as it has been the last 3 seasons.
e. A main character will die….or a main-ish character….. Somewhere around 519-521.

Please feel free if you think I missed anything..

This is super comprehensive! 

I LIKE SCENARIO 1 THE BEST.

Trollish worst case scenario thinking on my part:. Oliver has marriage on the mind but is not getting married because Felicity is engaged to the other dude. /troll

I was thinking about Amell's comments about the villain being someone he helped create, and I can't help but feel that this mirrors the the second season.  I think they started a second trilogy last year, and the season ending certainly mirrored the end of season one, in which Oliver won but with a lot of losses.  Of course I was truly floored when the second earthquake machine went off at the end of season one, and Oliver returning to his killing ways just got an "eh" from me.

1 minute ago, LadyChaos said:

Honestly, the second scenario is where I saw this whole thing going at this point. (except the reporter is first showing up in 503, but basically everything else pretty much the same)

BTW: Did I mention that I still seriously hate that the Flash storyline will supposedly also affect Arrow. If you don't watch the Flash, how will that make sense. Maybe they should just do crossovers annually and then have their own completely separate storylines 

• Love 5

I thought that Nyssa marriage is over in the eyes of the league? Anyway, they need to stop talking about that because nobody cares about the wedding to Nyssa. Sorry it's just used as a laughing point. I wish they would talk about real things regarding the show. Even if it's hard to speak about it because they can't give spoilers. Just sick and tired of League crap.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Belinea said:

BTW: Did I mention that I still seriously hate that the Flash storyline will supposedly also affect Arrow. If you don't watch the Flash, how will that make sense. Maybe they should just do crossovers annually and then have their own completely separate storylines 

They said that? I wonder if that's what the boyfriend is about. Maybe they will never have been together.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I thought that Nyssa marriage is over in the eyes of the league? Anyway, they need to stop talking about that because nobody cares about the wedding to Nyssa. Sorry it's just used as a laughing point. I wish they would talk about real things regarding the show. Even if it's hard to speak about it because they can't give spoilers. Just sick and tired of League crap.

SA brings up the Nyssa wedding or how he loves her as a cop out.......

• Love 1

Oh boy, my brain hurts. So, we're going back to the basics of Arrow, but Flashpoint will affect Arrow. Are we going back to the basics because of Flashpoint and Oliver doesn't have Digg and Felicity around or in a different capacity? SA did mention getting back to killing. I stg if they reset Arrow because of Barry fucking everything up on his show, I'll...bitch about it here. Since I 100% don't believe Flashpoint will last more than a few episodes (or maybe fervently hope) will all the other shows revert back as well? I hate time travel.

Wasn't I going to stop speculating? Good thing I'm meeting a friend later to distract me from this mess.

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Oh boy, my brain hurts. So, we're going back to the basics of Arrow, but Flashpoint will affect Arrow. Are we going back to the basics because of Flashpoint and Oliver doesn't have Digg and Felicity around or in a different capacity? SA did mention getting back to killing. I stg if they reset Arrow because of Barry fucking everything up on his show, I'll...bitch about it here. Since I 100% don't believe Flashpoint will last more than a few episodes (or maybe fervently hope) will all the other shows revert back as well? I hate time travel.

Wasn't I going to stop speculating? Good thing I'm meeting a friend later to distract me from this mess.

I have a feeling that flashpoint will be resolved on the 308/508 cross over.

People at SA's panel (with Stardust) yesterday tweeted that he seemed confident that Flashpoint would NOT affect Arrow, so ::shrug:: All the other spoilers-- Oliver being mayor, LL still dead-- indicate that everything that happened in season 4 still happened.  

• Love 2

Having been to his panels before, his go to answer for something he doesn't know or cannot talk about is, 'Sure.....you bet.' However in this instance his FULL answer was 'Sure, you bet.....no'

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

I have a feeling that flashpoint will be resolved on the 308/508 cross over.

That seems like a long time for a bunch of storylines that are just going to be erased. Whether it affects Arrow or not, I think it'll be over sooner than that.

Who freaking knows, though. These people are all crazy. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

I really think even the Flash wont stick to Flashpoint beyond the first episode.

Yeah, with GG tweeting that Flash was doing Flashpoint their own way, I'm guessing he was trying to temper fanboy expectations that the whole Arrowverse is gonna be blown up, because quite a few of them seemed to think that was gonna happen. 

• Love 1
Just now, AyChihuahua said:

That seems like a long time for a bunch of storylines that are just going to be erased. Whether it affects Arrow or not, I think it'll be over sooner than that.

Who freaking knows, though. These people are all crazy. 

crazy, and considerably stupid.  It's complicating things too much for shows that don't have the same ptb or writers to make sure the story lines make sense.  Also keep in mind of ALL THE STUPID STUFF they have already done. Its completely believable that they would be that stupid. A lot of people think they already showed that by even going near flashpoint with a ten foot pole. 

• Love 5

I don't see flashpoint really affecting arrow.They'd have to pause their actual storylines for random changes that won't matter for arrow at all and just for the sake of Flash doing a convincing flashpoint. As much as they sacrifice arrow for the spinoffs that would be too much imo.

I wouldn't put it past these writers to use the opportunity of the flashpoint to write 8 episodes of whatever they want that they can completely undo in the crossover.

If the BA's actions do change everything, than it might be like AU Arrow until the crossover. FS can date whoever. OQ can kill whoever. Dig may have never joined the crusade or perhaps never returned to the Army. TQ will probably just be sitting on her couch. A temporary villain can brood & monologue his way. How long is Mad Dog scheduled to be on? They could have OQ be just the mayor, with no fighting abilities going up against Mad Dog for 8 episodes. Perhaps there won't even be a TA until after the crosspoint is resolved.

It's stupid, but yet it also makes sense that Arrow would try to be all Flash like with AU stuff. On a positive not, it might actually work better. They always suck at making the middle 8 episodes fit into the narrative, so maybe the hard to fit (often crappier) episodes will be front loaded at the beginning of the season.

My reaction to Felicity having a boyfriend:

... yaaaaaaaay. *slow clap*

I'm not mad at it but I need it to be waaaay offscreen. I don't even need to know dude's name. Maybe they're following Lyla and Diggle's lead by "divorcing" them and Oliver mysteriously falls in love with a yet unknown dead brother's wife. But 2 or 3 years from now Felicity is trapped in a Russia prison and Oliver rescues her, they marry a year later and have a baby named Laurel. 

It could happen... 

Regarding Barry's Flashpoint I'd love to see a "what if" episode on Arrow but resetting everything with long term effects wouldn't sit well with me. Unless it erases: Malcolm breathing, Moira dying, the baby mama drama and the wet blanket known as the season 4 finale. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I don't think SA is trolling or being coy-- he's always promoted what we see on screen, nothing more, nothing less. Right now he's saying "relationships don't have to be romantic to be fulfilling" which, while true, is not what I want for Olicity. As far as I'm concerned, it's not realistic or enjoyable to watch them go back to platonic interactions when they had already spent months living together and engaged. 

I have never been in a situation like this and don't know anyone who has been, but I doubt I'd want to be best friends with me ex-fiance.

What always baffles me, is the way they respond to the fans sometimes: Yes, we hear you; yes, we know what you love and want to see; yes, we know that you need something exciting to get excited. Then they turn around and do nothing of that sort. In some cases it seems as though they laugh about the idiotic hopes of their fans. Once the fans get upset, they either pretend to be completely unaware why that is the case or respond in a way that reads: Don't like it, don't watch.  And while I agree that you don't have to do what your fandom wants, you should at least give them something to enjoy from time to time. Because if you continue to believe that you can do whatever you want and people will always return, then you might be in for a rude awakening at some point. 

• Love 10

I would love and AU ep or two...........in like the form of Oliver dreaming or a coma, or drug or something. It could be like Oliver's fantasy world......but it would get old after two eps.

• Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Belinea said:

What always baffles me, is the way they respond to the fans sometimes: Yes, we hear you; yes, we know what you love and want to see; yes, we know that you need something exciting to get excited. Then they turn around and do nothing of that sort. In some cases it seems as though they laugh about the idiotic hopes of their fans. Once the fans get upset, they either pretend to be completely unaware why that is the case or respond in a way that reads: Don't like it, don't watch.  And while I agree that you don't have to do what your fandom wants, you should at least give them something to enjoy from time to time. Because if you continue to believe that you can do whatever you want and people will always return, then you might be in for a rude awakening at some point. 

Here's my thing, while I understand the 'we aim for the fans to really happy or really angry because either will keep them watching'.  I also think that if you keep your fan base in a state of flux between mild annoyance, disinterest, outrage, and back again; then they will just stop wasting their time. IMO if Olicity is the endgame relationship, then they need to have them back together by end of season, and/or give us hope that will happen otherwise people are just lose interest.  Personally, I don't think they Pacey/Joey ending will happen, for one that would be a blantantly redeux of his old show, and two GB has two many shows to manage and is not around Arrow that much anymore.

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Love 3

I personally don't believe that angry fans are as good as satisfied fans. I have skipped a bunch of episodes because they pissed me off. More than half of S3, and about 1/3rd of S4. I realize that's just me, but it makes me disbelieve that saying. It may depend on what people are angry about...I'm angry about shitty storytelling, so that makes me less likely to watch. I'm not angry about some genius twist or something along those lines that makes me want to see how it all works out.

• Love 5