Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Although, per the comic strip, I'm still wondering why Kuttler's the only one who can stop Rubicon, and when exactly did Darhk try to kill him, even though I'm guessing that happens towards the beginning of the episode?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Although, per the comic strip, I'm still wondering why Kuttler's the only one who can stop Rubicon, and when exactly did Darhk try to kill him, even though I'm guessing that happens towards the beginning of the episode?

Maybe we find out he had a hand in creating it? And yeah, I'm guessing Darhk tries to kill him at the beginning of the ep.

(edited)

In the one of the stills, it looks like Murmur got into the control room where Kuttler and Felicity are and he is holding a gun - maybe Murmur shoots Kuttler (2nd attempt on his life) and Diggle is using a cloth to apply compression on his shoulder to stop the bleeding while he continues to work.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1
(edited)

So, this Ravenspur is going to be something from Felicity's childhood, or anyway related to her, right?

I'm quite excited as well, both for the drama and the action side of things :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

I actually thought he planned to killed him in Iron Heights, but Noah managed to get away from Darhk's stooges. Can't really see a computer wiz managing to get away from Darhk himself if attacked him straight on.

i'm curious about why the thing sounds familiar to Felicity. What if she actually had a hand in it as a kid during all those hours Donna said she puttered around computers with dear old dad?

I'm in favor of how Noah seems to be shaping up. An opportunist, but not a raging maniac. I just hope they don't go for a sob story in which he kept away for 20 years to keep Donna and Felicity safe, suffering in silence all the while. I'm all for him wanting to get stiking rich and proving he's the smartest guy in the continental US while he's at it, but not, you know, wanting to kill all the people.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm in favor of how Noah seems to be shaping up. An opportunist, but not a raging maniac. I just hope they don't go for a sob story in which he kept away for 20 years to keep Donna and Felicity safe, suffering in silence all the while. I'm all for him wanting to get stiking rich and proving he's the smartest guy in the continental US while he's at it, but not, you know, wanting to kill all the people.

You know this is what's going to happen though right? :p This is probably what makes Felicity question whether she's like her dad or not...

(edited)
21 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe we find out he had a hand in creating it? And yeah, I'm guessing Darhk tries to kill him at the beginning of the ep.

That was my guess, Noah probably worked on the creation perhaps part imof a get out of jail free card from Argus.

As for when Darhk tried to kill him, most likey that's earlier in the episode 

So, this Ravenspur is going to be something from Felicity's childhood, or anyway related to her, right?

Agreed, this is probably something from her childhood. I wonder if this is what brings up the "am i a Smoak or a Kuttler" stuff assuming WM didn't just screw up Felicity/Thea's storyline.

Also i just realized, i guess that's confirmationthat Donna changed their names after he left?

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

You know this is what's going to happen though right? :p This is probably what makes Felicity question whether she's like her dad or not...

I have suffered through the secret kid and the great lie in silence for the most part. I deserve one nice thing for that. The way TA played him in earlier episodes gives me hope he won't turn into a mopey moperson. Have him help here by all means and have some affection for Felicity, but it still needs to outweighed by self-interest in the end. Like him skipping out of town after he helps instead of waiting around for a deal with ARGUS that Felicity and/or Oliver tentatively arranged with Lyla.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, looptab said:

Probably. I'm also excited for the next few episodes. I don't know what to do with these feelings. :D 

I'm almost positive Ravenspur is from Felicity's childhood. Maybe a street they lived on. Once again, evil masterminds, stop naming your evil plans after something easily discovered and tracked back to you. Operation Spork is in effect. Figure that one out, heroes!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Probably. I'm also excited for the next few episodes. I don't know what to do with these feelings. :D 

I'm almost positive Ravenspur is from Felicity's childhood. Maybe a street they lived on. Once again, evil masterminds, stop naming your evil plans after something easily discovered and tracked back to you. Operation Spork is in effect. Figure that one out, heroes!

What i would give for a flashback with felicity as a little kid! 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

What i would give for a flashback with felicity as a little kid! 

Wasn't there spec that the young girl cast as "Daughter" could be for a Felicity flashback as opposed to Kuttler's new family? I, too, hope it's youngin' Felicity. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

Wasn't there spec that the young girl cast as "Daughter" could be for a Felicity flashback as opposed to Kuttler's new family? I, too, hope it's youngin' Felicity. 

COME ONNNNNNNNNNN T_T

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I have suffered through the secret kid and the great lie in silence for the most part. I deserve one nice thing for that. The way TA played him in earlier episodes gives me hope he won't turn into a mopey moperson. Have him help here by all means and have some affection for Felicity, but it still needs to outweighed by self-interest in the end. Like him skipping out of town after he helps instead of waiting around for a deal with ARGUS that Felicity and/or Oliver tentatively arranged with Lyla.

I realize that the writing is extremely important, but I promise you, Tom Amandes is a really, really, really good actor. Probably one of the best tv character actors out there. And considering he played a loving father on Everwood for years, he's shockingly good at having an air of menace. I love the guy.

• Love 2

Okay, I'm really excited about the Noah/Felicity aspect of the episode. Actually I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. But I'm just so glad that the Noah thing is developing into more than I thought it was. I was disappointed when it was seemingly wrapped up when she sent him to prison so yay!

I feel like this Ravenspur thing might just be the start of something that will continue into s5. I definitely feel like whatever we learn about Felicity and her dad won't end this season.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

There was spec the only problem is that girl tagged DR and SA in her tweet about filming. It's a bit odd that young Felicity would film a scene with SA/DR.  Also the actress seems too old to be Felicity pre abandonment, i think she was a tween/teen and Felicity was around 6 or 7 when her father left.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Yeah, I don't think that was young Felicity but we can dream! I also think we might be going back to island flashbacks in this episode anyway. Sigh.

28 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I realize that the writing is extremely important, but I promise you, Tom Amandes is a really, really, really good actor. Probably one of the best tv character actors out there. And considering he played a loving father on Everwood for years, he's shockingly good at having an air of menace. I love the guy.

Trust me, I know. I'm familiar with him primarily from Everwood, but I can't remember one of his roles where I thought, dude, maybe this one wasn't for you.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

basil.jpg

I think what he means is if all the talk about the whole show becoming the Smoak show is all a dream and doesn't happen then he'll be super disappointed. At least that's what I got out of it :p

• Love 9

As much as I want "Daughter" to be young Felicity, it's more likely DD's daughter.

I do like the complexity of DD targeting Noah to be killed and Noah having to join forces with Felicity because of it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

As much as I want "Daughter" to be young Felicity, it's more likely DD's daughter.

I do like the complexity of DD targeting Noah to be killed and Noah having to join forces with Felicity because of it.

We already met DD's daughter,  not the same actress, AFAIK

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

And remember. In one of the synopses Oliver learns some staggering new information about Noah so maybe it is about his other family... 

Could be, I don't really want that but, it's certainly a possibility.  The actress appears in 422 so who knows?

• Love 2

I really don't want Felicity to have a secret sister but I think it's likely. 

5 hours ago, looptab said:

That's where my head went. In her childhood, he somehow did something to her that will help her defeat Ravernspur/Rubicon. He secretly mentally prepared her to be a hacktivist vigilante.

• Love 1
(edited)

...maybe Ravenspur was a project that Noah was working on before he left Donna and Felicity, and some bad guys either kidnapped Felicity (she didn't remember because it was too traumatic) or they threatened to use Felicity as leverage against him - that would explain why he suddenly left his family and go lone wolf.  I wonder if there are lots of secrets Donna has been hiding because she wanted Felicity to have as normal of a childhood as possible with lots of happy thoughts, so it makes me curious if anything has been kept from Felicity - the Smoaks past just seems so mysterious to me.  I think Felicity had told Ra's that he gave up on his family too easily when he left them because of blackmail - maybe she drew from her experience with Noah giving up on his family too easily because of blackmail when she said that. 

...another theory - maybe Ravenspur has something to do with that motherbox DD had at the beginning of the season...

Edited by ComicFan777

Are they gonna do an Oliver/Noah parallel of sending their child away (or in Noah's case, leaving) in order to protect them? LOL. I wouldn't be surprised.

17 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Are they gonna do an Oliver/Noah parallel of sending their child away (or in Noah's case, leaving) in order to protect them? LOL. I wouldn't be surprised.

I feel like that was more likely when we were at least supposed to give a shit about the dumb kid, but who knows.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I feel like that was more likely when we were at least supposed to give a shit about the dumb kid, but who knows.

That's true. But I wouldn't put it past them.

I hope Noah just peaced out because he was selfish or self-absorbed. I really don't want there to be some secret reason he nobly walked away from his family.  It's just too dramatic for me. Sometimes people just walk away from their families. 

• Love 1

With the Genesis project being compared to the Flood and references to Damian's "Arc," I wonder if they will make any hay from the fact that Felicity's father is named Noah.

• Love 3

I don't know which I would prefer - a selfish dad, an evil dad, a morally grey dad, or a dad that means well but always falls short of being a good dad - I am not sure if I have the confidence in the writers to get it right either.  If Noah was selfish or self-absorbed, he would remind me a lot of Malcolm Merlyn.  Since Noah didn't check up on Felicity until she became CEO of PT, it would make me think he doesn't care about Felicity.  All I know is that I'd really prefer no repeats on a Malcolm-esque father/daughter storyline though.

• Love 2

I'm good with just a plain old absentee father who was distracted by an obsession who didn't really hate his daughter but just sucked at being a parent and was neglectful.

• Love 3

I always thought Noah went on the run to avoid arrest. They can still include selfish Dad or noble sacrifice Dad into the narrative, the clip from 4.13 make me think it will be Noble Sacrifice Dad. 

Hmm, after re-watching that clip of Felicity and her Dad I think Ravenspur may actually be something referenced on the flash drive he just gave her.

Is that what she came back for right before she broke it off with Oliver in 4x16? That would be a nice bit of continuity if it ends up being important in the finale.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, kismet said:

That's where my head went. In her childhood, he somehow did something to her that will help her defeat Ravernspur/Rubicon. He secretly mentally prepared her to be a hacktivist vigilante.

Project Christmas: Hacker-style ?:)

• Love 4
(edited)

I do really want to know why Donna & FS's last name is Smoak and his is Kuttler. Did Donna never take his last name? Is her maiden name Smoak? Was FS always a Smoak or was she once a Kuttler? Perhaps Noah's real last name is Smoak and Kuttler is his alias. I also am oddly getting flashbacks to Kindergarten Cop, when Mom & Kid had to change their name for witness protection purposes from the mob**. Was it something similar and if so who out of the trio had to change their last name? Maybe they are neither Kuttler or Smoaks and both are alias or fake names. I don't know why, but I am oddly fixated with wanting to know that tidbit of information almost more than why Noah left.

**Edited - but no offense if Smoak was supposed to be kept on the dl, Donna really should have let Felicity know that before she became the public head of a company & fiance (ex) to one of the most public faces in the Flarroverse. Not smart, for them to out there in public unless of course that is what comes back to haunt them in s5.

Edited by kismet
growing idea
  • Love 1

Since the update - does anyone's screen automatically zoom back to parts of the thread you already read? Anyway it lead me to reread the spoiler about Ray's brother.

My theory is perhaps this James character is really Sydney Palmer and he comes back staking a claim in the company. RP was smart but we never knew how he acquired the company or his wealth. There could be the potential that company could be given to a biological Palmer (IRL probably not, but this Arrow). Perhaps there is some trust fund or Palmer family contingency that was unknown last year. I could also see that even if he has no claim, he could be seeking out to take over the company out of revenge. It could be similar to Isabel w/ a brother angle.

I actually think it might be a good option for the show... it would allow for PT to be relevant to the plot besides just being a set to visit. It could also help move the show to having a Smoak Industries, which I think it needs to do. Perhaps they don't lose the company but they finally get to knock the Palmer off the building for good this time.

If cast well, this could be an interesting dynamic for the show. Bonus if they start him out as a trusting ally that is only getting close to them to betray them. Most of the villains we met have been known to be bad or untrustworthy we haven't had a person with secret ulterior motives playing a long con.

• Love 2

"Maybe we should call in a bomb threat - just empty the place. Or maybe plant an actual bomb..."

Felicity? Callback to S3 & blowing up Applied Sciences...

• Love 1

LOL that dialogue tease sounds like Felicity. I can totally picture her saying they've done it before. 

(edited)
23 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Could be ... They've also been doing a lot of Thea dialogue teases recently. I can see either of them saying it.

Can't be Thea she's locked up Under the Dome

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1