Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

These are the same writers who wrote Oliver somehow being concerned that Felicity, FELICITY, knowing about the kid could endanger the kid. Felicity who's kept all his secrets for four years, put up with all his shit, never shown an ounce of evil or selfishness in her personality, and who would cut off her own arm before harming a kid or allowing a kid to be harmed. But her knowing would endanger the kid. Oh, and if Oliver actually believes that, he's dumb as dirt for wanting to marry her.

Logic is not their friend.

• Love 3

I think the dialogue tease must be someone on the Team, since no one else really knows about Oliver's penchant for guilt trips. I don't see it being either DD or Ruvè. Maybe Malcolm? Let's hope it's not Felicity, but I think it's her. :/

• Love 1

I really think the dialogue tease is Felicity. Both her and Diggle know Oliver so well, know his moping routine. Well, if Diggle is the one who is moping and blaming himself, I can totally see Felicity comparing them. I just don't know why we have to bring up the kid. It just makes her sound bitter and I don't want that. Sometimes it feels like they actually want people to hate her. Sigh.

• Love 1

Beth Schwartz co-wrote this episode. She gives Felicity really mean things to say sometimes-- like most of 406. I think the dialogue is going to be Felicity to Diggle.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

God, everything is so stupid again. If Lance thinks Laurel's alive, wouldn't like, I don't know, GOING TO THE HOSPITAL AND CHECKING instead of going into the Arrow bunker make more sense?

Why is writing towards human logic so hard, Arrow. WHY?!

• Love 3

I will probably irritated about placing any blame on Felicity, but I just have to remember, these writers aren't good at nuances, so as long as I get my 100th episode crossover wedding, I'll let it slide.

(This new format is going to take some getting used to.)

I suppose my first guess is Thea to Digg, and my second is Felicity to Digg. Thea has often been at least as snarky as Felicity.

On the plus side, if it is Felicity at least it's not TO Oliver, and hopefully isn't even in his hearing. (On the other hand, if it's Thea to Digg, I hope Oliver's standing right there.)

• Love 1

Upon the writers releasing that quote, I immediately thought it was Ruve to Diggle.  But I've read a lot of other theories out there with good possibilities  such as Lyla to Diggle.

I would really hate it if Felicity says it in a snide way; but if it is her, maybe it isn't said in a snide way but rather a cajoling way? Kind of in the way I can picture Lyla saying it to Diggle.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The more I see Diggle going off the rails, the less interested I am in seeing Diggle going off the rails, haha. 

LOL, me too. why is that? I guess it's good that they made her death a consequence of Dig's choice of trusting Andy,  otherwise I wouldn't buy any of it.

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The more I see Diggle going off the rails, the less interested I am in seeing Diggle going off the rails, haha. 

I know. It's an intense scene and DR is a very good actor but, i don't necessarily want to see Dig walk this very dark/angry path

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, looptab said:

LOL, me too. why is that? I guess it's good that they made her death a consequence of Dig's choice of trusting Andy,  otherwise I wouldn't buy any of it.

It seems a little too over-the-top to me. I'm willing to wait until I watch to see if we get more of Digg's POV, but I'm having a little difficulty believing Digg's on a shooting-the-mayor-in-the-head kind of rampage because of this. He's a good person - not trying to make it seem like I don't think he'd feel guilty, but...yeah.

• Love 4

My first thought when I read the dialogue tease was Felicity to Diggle. And I'm fine with that, I guess because I'm one of the few people that likes snarky Felicity. The writers went out of their way to have people justify Oliver and they didn't even allow Felicity to be properly mad. If I were her I'd be bitter about what Oliver did and although I find his puppy face adorable he didn't even apologize to her so she can be bitter for me.

It's ridiculous by the way that they don't just go and check if Laurel's body is still in the obituary and be done with it. It's the easiest problem to solve ever.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

For me, the problem is feeling their love for Laurel. I know it intellectually, but I don't actually FEEL it.

That's my problem as well. I'm so indifferent to that character and sure the show can only improve without her presence that I can't find it in me to emphasize with the characters that are suffering.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

That's my problem as well. I'm so indifferent to that character and sure the show can only improve without her presence that I can't find it in me to emphasize with the characters that are suffering.

Exactly. And since I don't feel sad about it, I feel like any really sad/angry response the remaining characters have is over the top.

My decision to watch this episode was made for me by the Cubs. 

I get the characters will be moping about Laurel's death, but I just don't care about her and don't want to see it. 

Edited by Sakura12
27 minutes ago, looptab said:

I hope he's more upset with himself and the angst comes from the betrayal by Andy and him feeling duped more than guilt over Laurel's death.  Laurel knew what she was getting into when she joined put on the Buckle Suit. NO ONE on TA should be blaming anyone but Darkh for Laurel's murder.

• Love 4

I think Lance's performance will be the one to really make the connection for me.  It's going to be so heartbreaking to watch him being in complete denial that Laurel's dead and everyone else trying to gently prove him wrong until he finally comes to terms with it. 

• Love 2

I won't care if that dialogue tease is Felicity to Oliver. She has a right to be angry or Bitter cause the Man she loves  was alright with a fucking psycho knowing about his child and not her. She has a right to be mad that he wont share things with her , A woman he says he loves. The people who would get mad about that probably never really liked her. She gets bashed no matter what she does SMH. 

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

My decision to watch this episode was made for me by the Cubs. 

I get the characters will be moping about Laurel's death, but I just don't care about her and don't want to see it. 

Got to love The Cubs :-)

I really think Diggle's anger/grief is about more than Laurel. It's about Andy's betrayal,  guilt in not trusting/believing Oliver, etc. 

What's really funny is Diggle was right the first time. He shouldn't have trusted Andy but everyone else on TA gave him shit for it.  So, it's all Oliver/Laurel's fault that Andy betrayed them and kiilled Laurel LOL  (joking)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think Lance's performance will be the one to really make the connection for me.  It's going to be so heartbreaking to watch him being in complete denial that Laurel's dead and everyone else trying to gently prove him wrong until he finally comes to terms with it. 

I'll feel bad for Quentin because PB is an amazing actor but I still won't care that Laurel died. I will never care.

• Love 6

I think PB is gonna be fantastic and I'll feel for Quentin but I don't care about anything else. Even the Diggle stuff has me just so meh. 

I'm undecided on whether I even want to watch this episode tbh.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

Guys...reminder please post these in the spoiler only thread first/jointly. Makes it way easier to find stuff since the discussion thread moves so fast.  Plus there are people who just want spoilers,  not the 200 posts that go along with them

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, looptab said:

Who's that woman with them?

The credits for the pics on the CW PR site say "Gabriella Wright as Esrin Fortuna".

I wonder if they wanted Zatanna and DC said LOLNO, so they went low budget.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

I'm so confused right now. Based on the BTS picture from the director, I thought those outfits were for 422 or something. But they're for 420? Why are they dressed so fancy when they're trying to find a way to defeat DD? LOL. What's happening?

Felicity looks gorgeous though. So there's that.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She's Lian Yu's official party planner/hype lady!

Hee:)

7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

The credits for the pics on the CW PR site says "Gabriella Wright as Esrin Fortuna".

I wonder if they wanted Zatanna and DC said LOLNO, so they went low budget.

Thank you. :)

I think the promo monkeys made a mess and sent the photos for 422 instead of 420. Or they made a mess before and wrote the episode description for 422 instead of 420, since it says that they go looking for something to defeat DD. There's something wrong anyway, haha.

But @AyChihuahua's idea seems likely.

Edited by looptab