Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I want Oliver off the island. It was completely used up as a setting by the end of season 2 (they even wrote a nice present day coda to the end of the island storyline in 223), and wasting this season's flashbacks going back to it just so the show could incorporate the Green Arrow: Year One comic was a terrible idea. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

It's hard to imagine the current FB Oliver transitioning to badass killer Oliver, especially if whatever happens to Poppy is what sets him off.  I'm sure that he is supposed to be at his darkest during Bratva, but it seems like a pretty big jump since he doesn't seem all that cold/ruthless this FB season.

I wonder if we might not get someone that Oliver knows from his past, placed in jeopardy with Bratva that compels him to do something heinous. I mean we got Tommy in Hong Kong..but I wonder who it would be.

I don't think they'll ever make flashback Oliver a complete evil dude and it's not necessary from the storyline standpoint. However he may see himself, Oliver has never been separated from humanity. After all, when he first took Dig to meet up with the Bratva, he could have killed that guy he was asked to. Instead he faked his death. The Bratva year(s) should play into his feeling of everyone being a threat or a target, isolating him while being surrounded by people. I'm betting he skips a few rungs thanks to his connection with Anatoly. Not straight to a captain, but a few. And that's fine by me.

• Love 5

Has the helmet changed? I can't really see any difference tbh. I feel so bad for DR having to wear that though. It's ridiculous. :(

So i am hoping Lyla is in the finale. Since apparently Audrey was also at the brunch yesterday in Vancouver.

She was? Cute. I do hope she's in it, the head of ARGUS certainly makes sense since Waller was about to intervene when the city was under the attack of Slade's soldiers. I just don't think it's necessarily connected. After all, KC was there and I don't believe there's a chance of her being in the finale. I suppose they all had fun at the party the night before and decided to meet up the next day, which is very nice.

Don't know if these tweets mean anything other than 419 (so I'm not putting them in the Spoilers thread)...

Madison McLaughlin‏@MadisonMcLaugh
Ten days til a new episode of Arrow. Hm. I wonder what will happen?
11:50 AM - 17 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/MadisonMcLaugh/status/721772944850964480

Madison McLaughlin ‏@MadisonMcLaugh
Chicago --> Starling City
Yasmin Riechi @yasriechi
@MadisonMcLaugh don't tease us!! Spoiler us hahahaha kidding... Really curious to know what al's daughter will do in arrow!!
1:31 PM - 17 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/MadisonMcLaugh/status/721798289037787136

Edited by tv echo

I hope that's just a speculation that she's another daughter of the old Ra's. But I wouldn't put it past them.

It looks like it doesn't fit his head properly. It really almost is Dark Helmet

That's what struck me, it looks like it's too big for his head and it's slipped down over his eyes, obscuring his vision even more.

These boys and their toys...... SMH

• Love 1

I think Diggle would look better just going back to wearing his black skull caps. I don't know why they thought they had to provide him with this awful laughable contraption instead of something simple and useful?

• Love 2

Sadly this show has almost gotten to the point that True Blood did for me - anytime the idea of character leaving town comes up, I almost feel like saying "Go on - get out of town, it's ok.  Nothing good happens in Star City anyway.  Go be happy!"

I guess that's just what multiple seasons of "let's destroy the city doom" does to you - you stop seeing why anyone stick around.  According to Legends, sometime around 2030 Slade Jr. is going to show up and the good people of Star City are going to just peace out. At the rate the show is going, I'm surprised it's going to take them that long!

Seriously - I guess this must be in keeping with the comic book roots of this show - but why can't their finales be huge in scope but the team does a good enough job that the city never knows they are in danger?

They absolutely should have done last season without anyone knowing about the virus. Have them successfully off the infected LOAers quietly, with no one in SC the wiser. Maybe the virus gets released but no one sees it, so the Cane Toad can still unleash his nanobots. They would've had to revise the Oliver v. RAG battle a bit, to keep out the cops, but if the point of the cops being there was just to have Oliver fall so Felicity could save him, skip the prayer (which I HATE anyway, bc RAG was a murdering rapist scumbag who deserved to be fed to pigs, not have a prayer said over him), and have RAG grab Oliver and take them both over the cliff or something. Then the townspeople don't look like masochistic weirdos who are remaining in a city that makes Detroit look charming and safe.

(I'm not trying to be mean to Detroit, but I went there once and there are abandoned SKYSCRAPERS. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.)

• Love 5

It's weird...I just get this eerie feeling from reading that blurb that Oliver will be all inspirational and be a beacon of hope for the city, but he won't really have a team anymore.  I hope that's not the case - I hope season 5 isn't about rebuilding the team in addition to the city.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1

I just read the synopsis from the TV Guide about the Arrow finale. All I can say from what Wendy spoke of just registers with me as a "really no shit, it's about damn time" while other portions relating to Oliver and Felicity was on the "you all are going to keep playing to fans just say fuck it, aren't you?". Seriously, these writers piss me off more than I should let them, but crappy been there done that time to put it to rest writing just pisses me off beyond belief. I really hope they end on a note that will make fans want to "anxiously" return in the fall, but there is a point where they have to stop shuffling the deck and dealing the same damn cards to the fans. Nothing I read in that synopsis about the finale made me go "oh boy I can't wait" and that might be a problem if others feel the same way too!

Edited by Ann Mack

Yeah. I don't think O/F will be getting back together this season. Just a feeling. I had been wondering if they got back together and then were torn apart by outside sources but who knows? 

I also wonder if Thea will decide she's more Merlyn than Queen. Her reluctance to kill him in 418 (combined with the hint that Anarky might be returning) makes me wonder if she'll go the other way. I just don't think we're ever gonna get rid of MM and all the blood family crap tbh.

I thought season 4 was about rebuilding the team? Or at least rebuilding Oliver's relationships with team members.

The way the article is written, it seems like it's the author that assumes Oliver and Felicity won't get back together. All WM says is that they end up in a surprising place. Judging by how many people think they've broken up for good (or at least a good long time), "surprising" could just as well mean they're back together.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

Hasn't Thea pondered that particular question enough?

LOL. You'd think, right? It's never gonna end. They have to find a way to fit Barrowman somehow, I guess. Sigh.

I think this time it's Diggle leaving the team -- maybe going to work for ARGUS?

I'm still betting on O/F getting back together, but maybe they decide to "slow down"***. Hey, maybe Felicity asks Oliver out on a date.

*** in offscreenville where nobody needs to rush plots. They'll speed up again next season.

And Thea's gonna decide if she's a Queen or a Merlyn? Are you fucking kidding me with this again? I'm at the point that I do not care anymore.

• Love 4

"Somewhat surprising place" could very well mean engaged again since they are at odds now, it's the journalist's addition that they won't necessarily have a happy ending, not Wendy's.

Also if Thea doesn't decide once and for all that she is done with MM I'm done with her.

• Love 2

I thought season 4 was about rebuilding the team? Or at least rebuilding Oliver's relationships with team members.

I thought it was supposed to be about family. Maybe it is about families and their dysfunctional nature. Because while people have brothers and sisters and mothers/fathers, I couldn't yet see that of the 'chosen' family aspect coming through. Maybe I have been watching wrong but shouldn't families come together in time of need (at least on TV) instead of completely falling apart. Also wasn't the team being at odds last season finale enough? No need to repeat that storyline.

• Love 2

The way the article is written, it seems like it's the author that assumes Oliver and Felicity won't get back together. All WM says is that they end up in a surprising place. Judging by how many people think they've broken up for good (or at least a good long time), "surprising" could just as well mean they're back together.

I'm trying to think of what could be actually surprising, since there are two options really. 1) They get back together this season. 2) They don't.

Unless it's Felicity wanting to get back together and Oliver pulls a Kelly Taylor. Which LOL, no.

• Love 3

I wonder if Thea will think she is more Merlyn than Queen because she might think it takes a Merlyn to defeat a Merlyn - kinda like needing to be a monster to defeat a monster...maybe even following Malcolm and pretending to be on his side to see if she can find an opportunity to kill him.

I suppose what could be surprising is if Oliver decides that he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now (when Felicity is ready) - if he wants to focus on being a beacon of hope for the city without relationship drama.

Edited by ComicFan777

It's all still just a redo of last season. And every other FUCKING episode has had Thea either drawing closer to MM or cutting ties. Bitch, when you cut ties a dozen times, cutting ties has no meaning anymore.

Sorry, I'm just over this repetitive crap, and I am BEYOND OVER Thea and her father. I really wish my mass grave dream had come true.

LL

Malcolm

Thea

Darhk

Mrs. Darhk

Tiny Diggle

BM

Spawn

Maybe Quentin, but I am warming back up to him a TINY bit.

Just read the blurb, and re Oliver pushing back and inspiring others to do so as well...if Oliver starts singing Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher to happify some mood slime...

I may forgive this season its many and egregious sins.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Wow that synopsis did not feel me with warm fuzzy feelings.  I hope it plays out a lot better than it sounds or I will just be hanging in here with you guys next season after the big cross over event just to check out what's going on - I let go of shows slowly when I've gotten very hooked lol. 

Also, I almost said until the big cross over event until I remembered that for the last two seasons - I've like the show better before the cross over than after.

Edited by nksarmi

I suppose what could be surprising is if Oliver decides that he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now (when Felicity is ready) - if he wants to focus on being a beacon of hope for the city without relationship drama.

That's what he did in season 3, though. He thought couldn't be with Felicity and be the Arrow (aka protect the city) at the same time.

Since MG and WM kept emphasizing in the interview last week that Felicity re-joining the team didn't mean she was getting back together with Oliver, and the fact that during her breakup speech she told Oliver their relationship was "unfixable" and the she didn't think he could change, it's possible that the surprise is that they end up back together.

Or WM could mean "surprising place" in the literal sense. There's that line in the finale script about a "cavernous space" to consider.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

Seriously though, I'm tired of the Thea/Merlyn stuff and if she hasn't decided where her loyalties lie I'm kind of done with her tbh. I had hope for her at the beginning of the season but convincing Oliver that lying was okay and then her reluctance to distance herself from MM is wearing my patience thin. 

I did like the sound of Oliver finding the strength in himself to inspire others for a change. I think we've well and truly overdone the 'Felicity/Diggle gives Oliver an inspiring speech' thing so it's beyond time for Oliver to be his own light. I hate that metaphor but the show rolls with it and so will I. LOL.

I think I'm okay with O/F not getting back together this season. I'd prefer if they did but I also want them to sort their crap out and I don't know if the next 5 episodes is enough time to do it properly. As long as they're not over for good, I can deal.

Edited by Guest

That's what he did in season 3, though. He thought couldn't be with Felicity and be the Arrow (aka protect the city) at the same time.

Yeah, it would be a repeat, but I think that's why I would find it surprising...that Oliver still hasn't grown as a person yet.

The exact quote is "I think we land in a somewhat surprising place for the two of them."

"Surprising" for whom? For that kind of viewer that showrunners talk about sometimes, that don't seem to have ever watched TV before, who don't know main pairings on the CW that break up in February get back together in May... or "surprising" for the savvy viewer expecting them to get back together because television?

• Love 12

I wonder if Thea will think she is more Merlyn than Queen because she might think it takes a Merlyn to defeat a Merlyn - kinda like needing to be a monster to defeat a monster...maybe even following Malcolm and pretending to be on his side to see if she can find an opportunity to kill him.

Like Tatsu and Malcolm told Oliver last season that he needed to become one to defeat Ra's (or whatever they said, I've blocked it it from my mind

It seems to me that Thea has been going back and forth whether she's a Queen or a Merlyn since mid-season 2 when she found out Malcolm was her father Pick a damn side already.

I can't imagine how Oliver and Felicity end in a surprising place. They were together at the end of last season, they were engaged this season and then broke up. Season 3 was Oliver deciding he can't be in a relationship with Felicity.

What's left? Felicity decides she can't be with Oliver? That's what we've got right now.

• Love 1