Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ill be pissed if Felicity is hurt and Oliver is stupid enough to not actually be there for her but MG sucks its all about Ray!! UGH

I have a feeling that they'll do it exactly like that. At the moment I am very pessimistic because the spoilers all seems so "Ughh". Nothing truly excites me. Malcolm is interacting with Oliver and Oliver is letting himself be played like the idiot that he is. Laurel is all of a sudden competent. Everybody tells Oliver how things are done. (Frankly, if they do it because of Malcolm, I won't mind...He obviously isn't fit to make decisions) Thea is just an idiot. Felicity and Ray couple up and Ray gets a suit. (And no one really needs him to be a hero.)  I do wonder how competent Ray is right out of the gate because having a suit shouldn't make you a good fighter but I assume having the suit will make him super competent right away.

While I do think that Oliver is an idiot often enough, I'd like to see people more connected to him in the future. For example: The way they greeted him after he returned, one could have thought he was back from a 2 week vacation. Digg could have hugged him. And if Felicity already moved on, then maybe Oliver should let it go. He might be a tool but at least he voiced his emotions. I know that this is the usual trope but I am tired of Oliver being dark and unhappy while Felicity gets to talk up Ray's awesomeness. I don't want to see them date. But that is what will get. I don't really have a point. I am just ranting without making sense. I just hate that so many things about Felicity are about Ray now.  If they truly wanted to have a spin off for him they should have tried to give him a little more to do than being the person who is attached to Felicity's hip. To me, it doesn't do both of them any favors. And to think I was excited for Felicity (and Thea) to get a good storyline this season.

Btw: If EBR filmed a scene with the actor that plays Maseo then that scene would technically still have to be in 3x17, right? I mean 3x18 starts filming today and the pic was from yesterday. So Felicity might interact with Maseo in the Suicide Squad episode and then go to CC or she goes to CC and 3x17 happens after that. I am not sure but I'd assume it is 3x17 -> 1x18-> 3x18. But maybe it is 3x16 --> 1x18--> 3x17-->3x18.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

If I were Felicity, having just been burnt by Oliver's "heroics", I wouldn't want to date Ray in case she is as mistaken in him as she thinks she was in Oliver.  I really want Felicity to mentor Ray like Diggle has been mentoring Oliver but I know I'm not lucky enough to get that.

I'm okay with Oliver being such a dumbass now because I think he'll find out he's wrong about MM. Hopefully it will involve a lot of grovelling to Diggle and Felicity.  I'm also looking forward to seeing how Oliver is around Felicity now that she's the one who has shut the door on a relationship with him, probably the first time in his life that this has happened, and bonus he's in love with her.

• Love 1

I think they said Flash jumped a few weeks when 1x10 began and Arrow was only 3 days later. So i dont think the time correlates ATM.

Didn't they say in 312 that Oliver had been "dead' for a month?  I think they're slowly adjusting the time table without actually adjusting the time table.  

I know it hasn't been outright stated but it seems like 318 is a Felicity centric episode, so wouldn't the title and the A Plot be related to Felicity?

Edited by Morrigan2575

As much as I'd like to believe it's going to be Felicity centric, I'm not so sure about it. Sure, there will be Mama Smoak, but we had Dinah in The Climb,too, and that definitely wasn't a Laurel centric ep. Hoping for the contrary of course:)

• Love 2

I'm not sold on it being Felicity centric. I would say yes because it has her mother, but they brought Dinah back for a not Laurel episode at all. And I'm not sure how a Felicity episode would be a big game changer.

• Love 1

Parting Ways?

That might make sense. As in someone is leaving, or dying.

So....since both KC and PB cancelled their con appearances this weekend due to filming, maybe Quentin finally gets killed off? Or maybe he finally finds out about Sara and blows up at Laurel and she leaves town with Nyssa?

Sorry, that wishful thinking kicked in again there for a minute. ;)

Edited by Starfish35

Oh dear, why does Paralysis sound scarily right? Hopefully, since they can't use Oracle they have no reason to paralyze Felicity.

Prodigal Son?

Zombie Tommy!

Pandemonium? Peace Treaty? Nah, probably not gonna happen with five eps still to go. Probable Cause? 

I will Rage and throw things if they paralyze Felicity

I don't think they will. There's really no point in doing it.

I wonder if the title is truly spoilery or if MG's just trolling because he knows people are so interested.

We always say, we're doing the "Arrow" version of The Atom. That said, there will be some flying involved, which looks remarkably amazing.

Yikes.

• Love 2

From the Guggenheim interview:

That wasn't part of his mission statement. It wasn't our intention to bring this many costumed characters onto the show as quickly as we have, so I often feel like Oliver, going, "Hey, what's up with that?"  That said, I have a lot of confidence in the choices that we've made. Judging by the Internet and the ratings, the audience has a similar amount of confidence in us. We'll always manage our superhero quotient.

See, this is exactly what I was afraid of!  Like I said in the ratings thread, this is probably all the justification that MG needs to keep shoving superheroes into the show.  

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 8

That whole Ray response was obnoxious. Oh, yes, seeing all the things the suit can do will be so "fun." I could not possibly care less about Ray. What a waste of time this whole thing has been.

I really think that from 313 through at least 318, Felicity will be almost fully devoted to the Ray storyline. The Oliver/Felicity will be friends "of a sort" remark and the fact that basically everything to do with her is about Ray, while everything to do with Oliver takes him away from Starling, or attaches him to Merlyn...I think they're barely going to interact. I hate to sound so glum, but yeah. This happened around this time last season too, while we gave the show over to the Lance Family and Slade.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 9

ETA: OR PARALYSIS

Is it sad that i saw the "P" thing on the Smoak and arrow tumblr page and the first word that popped into my head was "Paralysis"?

It could also refer to Oliver becoming paralyzed, not in the wounded way but more frozen short of way. As if Felicity's injury freezes him from actually doing something or whatever. I don't know i can't find the words to explain it properly.

• Love 1

Is it sad that i saw the "P" thing on the Smoak and arrow tumblr page and the first word that popped into my head was "Paralysis"?

It could also refer to Oliver becoming paralyzed, not in the wounded way but more frozen short of way. As if Felicity's injury freezes him from actually doing something or whatever. I don't know i can't find the words to explain it properly.

I know what you mean. Like her being hurt keeps him from acting on info or functioning normally or something along those lines? 

• Love 2

I know what you mean. Like her being hurt keeps him from acting on info or functioning normally or something along those lines?

He loves her deeply so yes this could be the case. I want some good Oliver angst if Felicity gets seriously hurt

I doubt they would do this but what if she gets seriously hurt he flips out then goes Cataonic?

• Love 1

How about Partnership for the title?

Going by their fondness for using females in danger or injured or dead to advance the plot, Felicity is hurt and it motivates Palmer and Oliver to team up together to take down the person responsible.

• Love 5

How about Partnership for the title?

Going by their fondness for using females in danger or injured or dead to advance the plot, Felicity is hurt and it motivates Palmer and Oliver to team up together to take down the person responsible.

That's also a good one. Better than Paralysis or Paralyzed, haha.

• Love 1

Sometimes I really do wonder what they think people like. I somewhat get the LL thing. She is an important character for them in this universe and they don't want to give her up. Whether or not it always makes sense is another story but I do get it to an extent. She has been there since episode 1, she does have comic book fans and they consider her to be important. But what do they see in Ray? Do they only see the actor? Because while he wasn't horrible horrible, he wasn't as great as they make it seem. When they talk about him and his storyline you might think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and everyone thinks so. Up until now I have been irritated or indifferent and I cannot stretch enough how little I want to see him being Iron Man. Sorry, their version of the ATOM. 

Isn't anybody at least a little aware anymore of what people respond to positively or what they want to see. I also don't care that much about MM even though I like the actor. But I still see him as the bad guy and I don't want to be forced to see his point of view. I am one of those people who still wants to see Sara's death be 'avenged' or at least tied up properly and I have to admit, I feel as though Sara is the last thing on anyone's mind. Laurel doesn't even know who killed Sara. Everybody does but no one told her. What is up with that for example. 

Today I am just ranting. It helps but doesn't change the fact that I believe that the good episodes will begin around 3x18. Just in time to get people ready for the season finale.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 6

I like BR; he has a lot of goodwill built up with me because of Superman Returns (as dull and brown as it was, I liked him in it) and Scott Pilgrim (his vegan bassist cracks me up every time). I even don't mind his character, although it has become one of many examples of the writing team needing serious work/help. But I couldn't care less about his suit.

And I can't imagine 3x18 will actually be Felicity centric; that seems like too much to expect.