Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

He's never said she would say she doesn't love him. Just that she speaks up and that fans wouldn't be happy with him. It might just be a I love but situation that we won't be happy about.

Not saying "I love you" isn't the same as saying "I don't love you."  I am quite sure she will not say the latter, and I think Guggenheim said she wouldn't say the former.

Is there a spoiler about an 'epic' Oliver and Laurel scene in 3x16?

Yeah, I think there's some confusion in the previous page.

315 = Nanda Parbat

316 = The Offer

MG mentioned an Oliver/Laurel scene in 315.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought the scene was in 316, not 315. Misremembered my spoilers. Sorry!

I do still stand by my theory about Laurel & LoA though whether or not its related to the laurliver scene or not.

We've seen Laurel pics at the wedding, right?  So she's not going off to NP immediately, at least?

I figure Oliver can join the LoA and still stay in Starling because he doesn't need any more training in how to kill people.

I agree with calliope1975 that Laurel might leave with Nyssa at the end of the season, to get training offscreen. I'm sort of expecting Nyssa to break ranks with the LoA at some point during the season, though.

• Love 2

Yeah, I think that Laurel is going to offer herself up for Thea. It's going to be her "big hero" moment, which I guess wouldn't be so heroic since she'd be getting training in exchange. Maybe Ra's tells her no, ha ha.

But how does that go? "I pledge my complete allegiance to the Demon's Head, but can it start in a couple of weeks, please? I already RSVP'd my buddy Dig's wedding, and I have this fab orange dress that I've been dying to wear."

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 5

Yeah, I think that Laurel is going to offer herself up for Thea. It's going to be her "big hero" moment, which I guess wouldn't be so heroic since she'd be getting training in exchange. Maybe Ra's tells her no, ha ha.

If this show were based in any sort of character logic, Ra's would be all "LOL. No." But I agree with dancingnancy that it's more probable that Nyssa either takes over the LOA or breaks away. Either way, I'm almost positive she'll be a key figure in training Laurel. And since Laurel is dead to me for her general character over the past 2.5 years and for lying to Quentin unnecessarily, I will pretend all of this is happening to Sin. 

• Love 8

But how does that go? "I pledge my complete allegiance to the Demon's Head, but can it start in a couple of weeks, please? I already RSVP'd my buddy Dig's wedding, and I have this fab orange dress that I've been dying to wear."

Well, that's why I said maybe he says no, thus freeing her up to attend the wedding of the year!

ETA: just to clarify, I don't think anything is going to come of her offer, but I do think she's going to offer herself up for Thea.

Edited by apinknightmare

Even Ra's al Ghul understands how rude it is not to go after RSVPing yes!

• Love 3

Perhaps Ra's can also drop at the wedding reception - in his vintage orient-inspired cloak, he'd make a killing impression!

Hey, he can be Laurel's +1.

(I hope Laurel is not Oliver's +1)

We do not expect the wedding to go smoothly, do we? I wish my best to the Diggles, but I kind of hope there's some mishap at the reception, like maybe a little terrorist attack, or something. Just before the cake, but after the bouquet tossing.

I will be very dissapointed if the wedding goes by uneventfull.

• Love 1

You know, Nyssa helping Laurel isn't a crazy thought since Laurel is her dead lovers sister. What makes me cringe though is the whole SWF aspect they have attached to Laurel. It's creepy.

Perhaps Ra's can also drop at the wedding reception - in his vintage orient-inspired cloak, he'd make a killing impression!

Hey, he can be Laurel's +1.

(I hope Laurel is not Oliver's +1)

We do not expect the wedding to go smoothly, do we? I wish my best to the Diggles, but I kind of hope there's some mishap at the reception, like maybe a little terrorist attack, or something. Just before the cake, but after the bouquet tossing.

I will be very dissapointed if the wedding goes by uneventfull.

Oh I'm wanting Dyla to get married but also wanting some drama like an Illict Olicity kiss, maybe a terrorist attack or hostage situation which would involve Oliver saving his lady love and his sister

Yeah, Nyssa is training Laurel for sure. A woman is, based on all of MG's annoying "...oh, but that would be telling" responses to questions about more scenes with women together. I don't know why he's doing that because he or others have basically explicitly said Nyssa would be helping Laurel in various ways. So maybe she does offer herself, and the arrangement is that Nyssa will train her in Starling for...reasons? I don't know. OR SARA IS COMING BACK please for the love of God.

Maybe the 'offer' is Nyssa offering to train Laurel? The only good thing about that is Laurel finally getting some proper training. I can't see her going off to NP for that though. In the summer, yes. During the season? No. 

Edited by Guest

I really really really hope Felicity stops crying after episode 12. I get that her crying is justified, but I really want her to stop crying :( It makes me sad

Me too! I hate seeing her so upset :( I bet we get more after 312 especially whenever Oliver spills all to her about his "Death"

That assignment X interview has one of the most bizarre statements I've ever seen by an EP before, I've never seen an executive refer to "Jumping the Shark" as a good thing. Or that writers that do it should somehow be praised for pressing the envelope, I thought that phrase was commonly applied to a storyline that is so desperate and creatively bankrupt that the audience turns against the show. I'm not sure Guggenheim should be telling people that their goal is to press the "Jump the Shark" line.

I'm interested to see at the end of the season which bad guy Oliver teams up with. They seem to be setting up either two situations, he has to fight with Ra's to take down Merlyn; leading to a peace agreement between the LOA and Oliver's group or Oliver teams up with Merlyn to force Ra's to leave Starling city alone. I don't see either of the big bads this year being permanently killed off  but I'm curious who will be the lesser of two evils.

• Love 10

I just can't muster up any interest or excitement about ANY of the spoilers.  Maybe it's the MG Tumblr effect?  I was cynical going into 3B, but pleasantly surprised with how engaged I was with Left Behind.  Last week, however, I haven't even finished.  I just don't care.  I haven't even watched any of the promos for next week.

I'm looking forward to the Diggle/Lyla wedding, any Suicide Squad stuff, and intrigued with the idea of Slade coming back (even if just for one episode).  That's about it.  I guess Laurel is serviceable as BC, but I don't really care about it.  Roy probably works best with Laurel, but again I don't care.  I want to be interested in Thea, but they've given her very little to do so far. I don't hate Ray, but I'm not excited about him either.  The most I can come up with for the next few episodes is "Maybe".

• Love 5

The jump-the-shark thing made me more pessimistic than ever this morning, but thinking about it more reasonably, my guess is that it's as much of a hyperbole as anything else MG ever says. So with that in mind, I would have to guess that it's something as minor and predictable as Oliver working for the "enemy" for awhile, or something as out there as Zombie Tommy or Sara. Another option is the "It was alllll a dreaaaaammm" route, though I think if this is the case, it might only revert back to when he "died" and what we'll see is that he did die, he was put in an LP,  and everything has changed in Starling since he died (with possible time jump) (also possibly only the things from 312-315 are a dream), then Ra's makes The Offer.

Worst case scenario? Something that changes the format of the show into a co-lead situation.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 5

I also sometimes feel like MG is the Laurel of the EPs. Constantly seeking attention for his actions good or bad. Wanting people to love & hate him all at the same time. Frustrated that he can't make things happen the way he wants to cuz he has to deal with "these" other people. Intentions good, but execution of deeds bad. Complete lack of insight into public perception, but just enough to get him in trouble. Now that he's the main boss, he's gonna make everyone bow down to his story, even if it makes no logical sense for the characters. I must accomplish this plot, just like LL must find justice. With the only explanation being I said so. Maybe that's why he has such a soft spot for her? I don't understand MG's mind sometime - except I know he believes in the old adage any press is good press.

That comment about jumping the shark was so bizarre. There's pushing the envelope just ask Shonda Rimes. she does it and succeeds, Now ask every showrunner of a failed show that suffered the shark... they in retrospect might identify mistakes. Most would say they never intentionally tried to jump the shark. But they were never gunning for them to prove a point. Its just misguided logic to think let's see how far we can bend this until we break it. You will always break it, just ask anyone who ever stretched out a StretchArmstrong...

I hope he was just tired when he said that or just fed up with questions, that he reverted to his snarky responses.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 8

Supernatural had an episode called "Jump the Shark" which was totally lampshading a huge game changer that arguably did not completely alienate the audience. But I don't think the Arrow writers can be so clever with their world. 

Supernatural had an episode called "Jump the Shark" which was totally lampshading a huge game changer that arguably did not completely alienate the audience. But I don't think the Arrow writers can be so clever with their world. 

Supernatural has become a freak of nature. The stuff that show can get away with i.e. the 200th episode. Arrow would never be able to get away with half that stuff. LOL

• Love 1

I'm watching Jane the Virgin, and they just showed a promo for Arrow. Sounds like Felicity's crying and asks (I think), "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

Anyone else hear that? Maybe that's part of the OMGHEARTBREAKINGMOMENT

MY FEARS ARE COMING TO FRUITION AND I'M DYING HOLY CRAP. It's the best type of angst (good angst)

I'm watching Jane the Virgin, and they just showed a promo for Arrow. Sounds like Felicity's crying and asks (I think), "Are you trying to kill yourself?"

Fingers crossed, because that's the exact scenario I want, in terms of Felicity getting pissed off at Oliver. Thanks for the heads up, too, because I would have probably skipped that commercial.

Supernatural has become a freak of nature. The stuff that show can get away with i.e. the 200th episode. Arrow would never be able to get away with half that stuff. LOL

the 200th episode was brilliant.

The Jump the Shark episode did alienate a lot of fans, especially how it affected Dean's S5 storyline.

• Love 2

I know right?? It's kind of amazing. I think it's largely because they have created such a unique universe and somehow they make those shenanigans work. But it's a more forgiving audience than Arrow too I think. I think if they had tried some of those shenanigans within the first 3 seasons it wouldn't fly but they built some trust ish...I dunno. It is a freak of nature isn't it LOL

the 200th episode was brilliant.

The Jump the Shark episode did alienate a lot of fans, especially how it affected Dean's S5 storyline.

It didn't affect it right away though so the immediate reaction was not that problematic. It was what happened a season later that was the problem. Believe me  I'm one that hated what they did with Dean's SL in s5.  I guess my point was more that if the shark jumping is handled well at the time you won't alienate the audience right away or ever. But I don't think Arrow has the luxury right now of such a huge shift unless it's seed planting for a season from now.

I'm still going with the "Jump the shark" is villainizing Oliver. 

Edited by catrox14

I'm going to need people to get on this new-ish promo so I can see/hear it (JTV hasn't aired here on the West Coast yet). But if this 3x12 scene starts with a so happy you're alive hug and Felicity feels some wetness from Oliver's shirt because his wound opened up again (paralleling, somewhat, Oliver's dream of him bleeding/dying in front of Felicity) due to the fight with Brick/Merlyn and that's what causes her to blow up? That he is barely healed from his duel with Ra's and he's back to putting his life on the line without thinking about the people/women he loves that he left behind and have been grieving/worried sick about him? That, in spite of his near death experience, he's still not taking care of himself enough and can't let go of his impulse to court death?

Okay. I might be able to get behind this "I don't want to be a woman you love" angst fest this Wednesday. I'm fairly certain that EBR and SA will knock it out of the park. I just hope the writing lets the character beats actually breathe and resonate. Cautiously optimistic about this scene now. Still going to wait for the East Coast reactions before deciding if I'll watch the full episode or just YT/Tumblr watch it, though. :)

Tumblr please don't fail me. Hopefully someone posts the new promo on tumblr If not it will probably be out tomorrow. 

Ok for people on the west coast can at least one of you try and film it lol? (Mostly kidding I'm sure it will be released official tomorrow) 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I hate to burst the bubble, but I think that may have been Tatsu's voice? I rewatched the promo a few times and didn't think it sounded like Felicity, although my CW affiliate has terrible picture and sound quality so I'm not 100% sure.

I hate to burst the bubble, but I think that may have been Tatsu's voice? I rewatched the promo a few times and didn't think it sounded like Felicity, although my CW affiliate has terrible picture and sound quality so I'm not 100% sure.

Haha, I have no bubble to burst, no worries. It could've been Tatsu, since it seemed like Oliver was taking off before he should - it was really quick, but it really did sound like weepy Felicity to me. I'm fully prepared to be wrong - I was half paying attention.

Edited by apinknightmare

Is this the one you saw apinknightmare?  Tatsu says it here. 

Haha, yes, that's it. I must not have been paying even half attention, because it's obviously her here. Sounded like Felicity to me on the television. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1