Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think Quentin meeting Ra's would be great. I'm really thinking Quentin interacting with anyone would be great. Snark Away Captain. 

I hope the 'little detail' Oliver mentions is not the smile. I wouldn't enjoy rehashing the debate about that first smile. I want it to be something surprising, something maybe the fandom didn't pick up on right away (which would probably be impossible given the level of study the fandom has given that interaction).

• Love 2
Also, there's something about Oliver kicking ass in a suit that's unbearably hot. I'm sad he wont have QC back immediately because now I want to watch him wail on people in the boardroom every week.

Wait, so he still got a position/job at QC?, it so it cant be that bad after all. 

(edited)

DocBrown explains the whole business partner thing, from watching the S3 premiere.

http://www.docbrowntv.com/arrow-season-3-spoilers-laurel-oliver-dynamic/

In fact, Laurel herself refers to the relationship more in terms of business partners. She is, after all, a lawyer able to incarcerate any criminal Oliver brings her way.

There's more in the link but it's the MG quote we already heard from THR article.

Edited by Morrigan2575
"They were best friends; they were lovers; they were in love with each other and now they’re post-relationship...

The show has done a pretty crappy job of showing that Oliver and Laurel were best friends.  Pre-island Oliver was a shallow, selfish douchebag who cheated on Laurel multiple times, while pre-island Laurel built this fantasy future for them as a married couple and either ignored or was willfully blind to her boyfriend's weaknesses.  The foundation for their 'friendship' was built on lies.

I can believe that Oliver and Tommy were best friends, but not Oliver and Laurel.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

I don't think this has been posted yet...

Arrow Season 3 Spoilers: Premiere Details & More On The Flash Cross-Over Episode
07.10.2014. @ 10:54 Shahbaz Malik
http://www.spoilersguide.com/arrow/season-3-spoilers-premiere-details-and-more-on-the-flash-cross-over-episode/

2. Felicity's new job

Felicity has a cover job at what we can only assume is the Starling City equivalent of a Radio Shack, we assume for the good internet connections. She has an unexpected visitor while at work.

5. More on newcomer Ray Palmer

Picture Felicity Smoak as tall rich guy and you'd probably get Ray. Ray is goofy, but not in the way that Barry Allen was, either. He's also snarky, bantery, and a lot of fun. He's played by former Superman Brandon Routh, he's incredibly likable, and I think he's going to be the total opposite of what a lot of people were expecting.

Also...

http://www.eonline.com/news/585778/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-ahs-freak-show-homeland-grey-s-supernatural-parenthood-and-more

Mark: Any scoop on Arrow?
Now that Roy's suited up in his own (and awesome) version of Ollie's leather getup, he's made the transition to a real part of the team, and there will be an episode that dives deep into what that means for the new, young hero. "We made a big deal about Roy joining the team and then didn't get a chance to do that much with it because we were pushing a lot of other story," executive producer Marc Guggenheim said about Roy's earlier storylines that revolved around joining Team Arrow. "You really feel like Roy is a part of Team Arrow and it's more than just wearing a costume. He's really present and a member of the group. The trio becomes a quartet." Plus, episode six will be all about Roy and explore his mentee/mentor relationship with Oliver.
Edited by tv echo

2. Felicity's new job

Felicity has a cover job at what we can only assume is the Starling City equivalent of a Radio Shack, we assume for the good internet connections. She has an unexpected visitor while at work.

I wonder what this means, because the episode synopsis indicated that she took a second job because she was having difficulty making ends meet.

She didn't really add anything we didn't already know from other interviews.

The important part was from what she watched in the season premiere.  She confirmed that the business relationship is the catch them cook em comments and not Laurel being Co-Owner of Verdant or working with Oliver to secure financing for QC or any other type of business relationship which many people here feared.

The important part was from what she watched in the season premiere.  She confirmed that the business relationship is the catch them cook em comments and not Laurel being Co-Owner of Verdant or working with Oliver to secure financing for QC or any other type of business relationship which many people here feared.

Yeah, I was worried after I read an interview (or article) that said Laurel would be business partners with both Oliver and the Arrow. I got the Arrow part, but couldn't figure out how she'd be business partners with Oliver too. If that's how they're referring to whatever personal relationship they have now, that's weird, but I'll take it.

ETA: Although I guess not being business partners in the premiere doesn't rule out any future business partnership, but I'm going to take this one at face value mainly because I'm tired of typing business partners.

Edited by apinknightmare

Quotes from the season 3 premier (for those of you who can't resist spoilers like me :p):

http://www.seat42f.com/arrow-teasers-fun-quotes-from-the-season-3-premiere.html

That line about the universe changing has to be Diggle, and I hated the idea of a baby but him being a father is going to make me weep (in the good way).

And this better not be Oliver talking to Felicity (even though I know it most likely is): “This is my crusade, which makes it my decision.”

ETA: Maybe it's actually him talking to Diggle, when telling him he doesn't want him in the field anymore. Yeah, yeah, I like that better. Still assy, but less so.

Edited by apinknightmare

If it is Oliver, it could also be to Diggle. Either one though better throw that BS back in his face.

Ray is going to be like Felicity in the way Sara was like Oliver. Very creative guys.

If it is Oliver, it could also be to Diggle. Either one though better throw that BS back in his face.

Ray is going to be like Felicity in the way Sara was like Oliver. Very creative guys.

Yeah, I thought about it, and I think he is talking to Diggle.

Why is it less assy if it's to Diggle?

Because I think it's less assy to say something like "it's my crusade, which makes it my decision" when speaking to someone about their place on a team you brought them in on as opposed to saying it to a woman you were at some point in the not too distant past pursuing a romantic relationship with.

• Love 2

Why is it less assy if it's to Diggle?

I fee like if it's to Diggle it's about Team Arrow/The mission, and if it's to Felicity it's most likely about their romantic relationship. It's still an assy thing to say, but I feel like if it's to Diggle it's more "your family is too important, I won't let you risk that for this" and if it's to Felicity it's another version of the "I can't be with someone I could really care about".

(or what apinknightmare said)

Edited by HighHopes

Just read the TVGuide article on The Flash and it mentioned the crossover.

Can they please stop talking up Barry & Felicity? We already know its not going to be a thing. I'm really not liking them attaching Felicitys name to every guy on the show. Can we go back to getting spoiled on her family? I like those.

• Love 1
(edited)

Based on the seatbelt quote teases, my guesses in order

Diggle

Maseo (spoiled in preview, I think)

Diggle

Oliver

Felicity

Ray

Oliver

Roy

Felicity (spoiled by EPs)

Sara (spoiled by promo)

Sara (again, spoiled by promo)

Diggle to Oliver

Felicity

Laurel (spoiled by promo)

??

Arrow

QUOTE: “There is nothing more important to me than family.”
QUOTE: “A man cannot live by two names.”
QUOTE: “The second I looked at her, the whole universe changed.”
QUOTE: “Don’t ask me to say I don’t love you.”
QUOTE:  “You stop seeing people. You see threats or targets.”
QUOTE:  “Good speech. Hard to top that.”
QUOTE: “This is my crusade, which makes it my decision.”
QUOTE: “There is no yellow wire.”
QUOTE: “Believe it or not, I’ve had worst first dates.”
QUOTE: “Don’t look so surprised. I wasn’t gone that long.”
QUOTE: “We are not our masks and we need people in our lives who don’t wear one.”
QUOTE: “Now the only person you’re fooling is yourself.”
QUOTE: “I’ve already seen you shirtless. You are shirtless all the time.”
QUOTE: “You catch ‘em and I cook ‘em.”
QUOTE: “There is another slimy human who needs my attention.”
QUOTE:  “You’re welcome” [in response to Starling City's reduced crime rate 

Edited by Morrigan2575

QUOTE: “There is nothing more important to me than family.” - I think Ollver's ..but I actually don't know maybe Dig?

QUOTE: “A man cannot live by two names.” - maseo

QUOTE: “The second I looked at her, the whole universe changed.” - Diggle

QUOTE: “Don’t ask me to say I don’t love you.” Felicity? don't know

QUOTE: “You stop seeing people. You see threats or targets.” Oliver

QUOTE: “Good speech. Hard to top that.” - Laurel

QUOTE: “This is my crusade, which makes it my decision.” Sara

QUOTE: “There is no yellow wire.” Roy

QUOTE: “Believe it or not, I’ve had worst first dates.” Felicity

QUOTE: “Don’t look so surprised. I wasn’t gone that long.” Sara

QUOTE: “We are not our masks and we need people in our lives who don’t wear one.” Sara

QUOTE: “Now the only person you’re fooling is yourself.” Diggle

QUOTE: “I’ve already seen you shirtless. You are shirtless all the time.” Felicity?

QUOTE: “You catch ‘em and I cook ‘em.” Laurel

QUOTE: “There is another slimy human who needs my attention.” - Diggle or Lyla

QUOTE: “You’re welcome” [in response to Starling City's reduced crime rate] - Oliver

Edited by ban1o

Its all across the board now with my annoyance regarding the Flash. From how AK & GB push it so hard and barely mention arrow, how the Arrow cast promotes it even more then their own show, the fact we arent getting the promo pics, even if there from last photo shoot, just release something.

• Love 1

I get it but when almost everybody from the Arrow crew is saying check out Flash tonite. Like how hard is it to mention that Arrow is on tomorrow. Flash had the majority of the promo already focused on it during the hiatus.

LOL Flash is the new show. Obviously it's going to be advertised more. Also Flash has the potential to be a huge hit for the CW since Flash is the more popular superhero. Obviously they'll say to watch Arrow tomorrow. Flash comes first though. 

The only Arrow cast member I've even seen tweet to watch The Flash is Stephen Amell and his background says Arrow season 3. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

from the Arrow crew, the writers & the actors? I am sorry but no.

And they didnt even scheduled interviews with actors for the premiere just MG.

lol don't want to get into this because this is the wrong section but  it's obvious they'll put more effort in advertising a new, potential hit show. And the only Arrow actor to advertise it is Stephen, who actually appears in first episode. Arrow and Flash have the same creators and crew and Flash could actually help Arrow get better ratings (the episodes with Barry Allen in Arrow had the highest ratings for all of season 2) since it's attracting a lot of attention, so I don't really see the problem. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

You know the callback to the Olicity meet-cute could be the meta smile, sure but...

If it was something that Oliver confesses about his initial approach to her, a la many theories the fandom has had that he sought her out for reasons the audience doesn't yet know, it would dovetail nicely with what Ray is doing.

And it would be something for them to argue about.

Hrm.

• Love 1

You know the callback to the Olicity meet-cute could be the meta smile, sure but...

If it was something that Oliver confesses about his initial approach to her, a la many theories the fandom has had that he sought her out for reasons the audience doesn't yet know, it would dovetail nicely with what Ray is doing.

And it would be something for them to argue about.

Hrm.

The spoiler reads:

Oliver recounts the day he met Felicity (including an incredibly small detail about that encounter).

So I think it's an actual detail about the day they met (her shirt color, her biting her pen, whatever), rather than something that led him to her office in the first place.

Edited by apinknightmare

It does say "including an incredibly small detail," though. Not that the entire recollection is this single minor detail.

Though it would be nice to get an explanation for the USB piano she had beside her keyboard.

I could see it being the meta smile and then including a small detail.

ArrowLimbo, I mean that he possibly knew who she was already when he approached her, beyond a background check. That the reasons are more complex than Felicity or the audience knows.

Since I'm pretty sure that's Ray's deal I could see the show liking the parallel.

Edited by thecatbastet

It does say "including an incredibly small detail," though. Not that the entire recollection is this single minor detail.

Yeah, that's true.

I really hope beyond all hope that he didn't know who she was before they met apart from knowing that she was a trustworthy, well-performing employee of QC.

That "don't ask me to say I don't love you" quote it's just going to make me wish these next hours away rocking in a corner..lol why did i read them, why??

So you're better prepared not to go all catatonic tomorrow and requiring xanax :p 

Oh man this is going to be rough season 3, I can feel it. 

Is it just me, or did they use that clip of KC saying that from a year ago? lmao

It's the same clip, haha

So you're better prepared not to go all catatonic tomorrow and requiring xanax :p 

Oh man this is going to be rough season 3, I can feel it. 

I'm going to be taking a pre and post-show Xanax. And I have my woobie blanket all washed and at the ready, prepared for use in the fetal position.

• Love 2