Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Maybe Helix wants Felicity to do something to find Susan and Oliver can't/won't let Felicity do it. 

But since Susan will still be around by 5x19 or 5x20, I have a feeling she won't feel that betrayed. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Or maybe she will and she'll be around making Oliver's idiotic life miserable.

I hope so. He kinda deserves to be miserable tbh. Haha.

Although didn't WM say Susan was a source of hope for Oliver when everything around him was bad, or something along those lines?

Edited by Guest

Maybe Ollie & Friends don't find Snoozan for a couple of episodes.  According to the IGN post episode interview we are going to get more of Chase's backstory. Maybe that is the "exclusive" reporter is getting, willing or unwillingly.  Meanwhile Ollie is desperately looking for her.  

I thought maybe Artemis was getting a redemption story but after David's remarks about maybe Dinah being the most susceptible to betrayal because she's the newest member I wonder if poor orphan girl is being sent to lure her away from the team.  Not going to be successful I know but since she revealed her cry I think an attempt may be made.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe Ollie & Friends don't find Snoozan for a couple of episodes.

Oh man. And I thought one was too much. If they try to stretch Susie's kidnapping for multiple eps? Just...lol.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh man. And I thought one was too much. If they try to stretch Susie's kidnapping for multiple eps? Just...lol.

If that's the case, the good news is she doesn't appear to be in 5.17 but you never know.

No, no I can't handle multiple episodes of Oliver being worried about that woman, LOL. Or move it all off screen. I promise I'm going to assume he is devastated and let me watch something entertaining. But for real they didn't drag even the kidnapping of Oliver's kid..they can't do it with random brunette woman. PLEASE.

• Love 6

So, Adrian Chase wants revenge on Oliver Queen because Oliver stole his girlfriend?  Please tell me it wasn't Laurel Lance. Everything on this show seems to lead back to her so I can't dismiss my fears.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe Ollie & Friends don't find Snoozan for a couple of episodes. 

If I have to watch Oliver all worried about that "reporter" for multiple episodes ... nope. 

Then I better get multiple episodes dedicated to the entire team making it up to Felicity for not being there for her, Oliver making it up to Thea for the entire season, etc. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

No, no I can't handle multiple episodes of Oliver being worried about that woman, LOL. Or move it all off screen. I promise I'm going to assume he is devastated and let me watch something entertaining. But for real they didn't drag even the kidnapping of Oliver's kid..they can't do it with random brunette woman. PLEASE.

Funny how they made such a plot point out of Oliver and his concussion. Maybe we really are supposed believe everything he's thinking, feeling and doing is because his brain is scrambled.

I'm just picturing Oliver being torn up over Reporter, the whole Team running around to save her and Felicity putting herself on the line for this SNAKE WHO WAS GOING TO EXPOSE THEM ALL.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm just picturing Oliver being torn up over Reporter, the whole Team running around to save her and Felicity putting herself on the line for this SNAKE WHO WAS GOING TO EXPOSE THEM ALL.

That's probably going to be the episode. And we'll still have to hear how the reporter is such a "good person" and "good at her job," etc. 

We need Malcolm to pop up and remind Oliver, "You're very handsome, not especially bright." Maybe the Legion of Doom can join Chase in sitting back and watching Oliver ruin his own life with some popcorn. I'm understanding why Oliver was all alone in that future the Legends traveled to last season. 

I'm really glad Thea got out when she did now. I'm assuming she left town the moment she left City Hall, just like she went to that conference the moment she stopped hugging Felicity in 509.

• Love 4

Do you guys get the feeling they changed their plans on Susan post 5x09? Like I dont think she was supposed to be redeemed. To me up until 5x12 she was a snake and even in the scene in 5x14 suggested she would reveal his secret. Now that he got her the job back she's all of a sudden supposed to be "all in to him". Nothing about this character and her story makes sense. The only thing at this point that would make sense if her and Adrian are working together, honestly that's it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I wish I could get a peak at the script for 5.23. LOL!  Before the season started they were talking about the reporter representing the city and how the city was Oliver's great love.  What's happening now would make more sense (to me) if she hadn't become a love interest.  If she had simply been a reporter who was a thorn in his side that he was trying to treat fairly and now save because she was targeted because of her profession, the reporter as city metaphor works.  Opposing Thea's methods would come off more like fair play.  Asking Felicity to help also looks more like the right thing to do.  Since they made her the love interest though it comes off more as my girlfriend is more important than my long established relationships.

Oliver threw Green Arrow under the bus in 5.15.  Her reporting could lead to a story restoring Green Arrow to hero status within the city.  Oliver & Green Arrow could both be seen as heroes.  I'm not saying this is what is happening in 5.23.  It's a possibility that has been tainted to me.  It would play better if there was no real personal involvement.

It would also allow Oliver to fully embrace both the man and the mask.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Do you guys get the feeling they changed their plans on Susan post 5x09? Like I dont think she was supposed to be redeemed. To me up until 5x12 she was a snake and even in the scene in 5x14 suggested she would reveal his secret. Now that he got her the job back she's all of a sudden supposed to be "all in to him". Nothing about this character and her story makes sense. The only thing at this point that would make sense if her and Adrian are working together, honestly that's it. 

Nah, they've been saying since the beginning that she was good, not like Isabel, etc. 

What I'm wondering is if SA demanded that Susan not betray Oliver as part of his protecting his character spiel? Although that doesn't explain why they still wrote/played her as shady

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Nah, they've been saying since the beginning that she was good, not like Isabel, etc. 

What I'm wondering is if SA demanded that Susan not betray Oliver as part of his protecting his character spiel? Although that doesn't explain why they still wrote/played her as shady

But she could have been like Isabel in that she wasn't involved with the big bad but a hindrance on the side. Yeah if she was supposed to represent the city she didn't need to date him, she could've investigated him on the side and dug info on him while occasionally popping up to ask him questions. Also Stephen said a semblance of romance with her, this doesn't look like semblance this is legit him thinking that susan is a great love for him so much so that he threw his sister under the bus to vouch for a woman who was a snake to his sister first. So what is all this?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Although that doesn't explain why they still wrote/played her as shady

I will never understand why they set that "relationship" up the way they did. It made her look slimy, unethical and gross, and made him look like a naive fool. For absolutely no reason at all.

• Love 3

I think this bit from Wendy is funny:

"When Oliver and the team do find out -- which will happen later in the season, obviously it will happen somewhere after this episode and before the finale -- I think one of the fun parts about what we’ve done is to really allow us to live with that reveal for a while... Seeing the characters not knowing what their lives are like, still continuing to interact with Adrian Chase in City Hall and elsewhere without knowing his real identity," Mericle explains. "We really like the idea of doing that in the story, and we’re going to play around with that for a little while before we let Oliver and the team find out."

Based on the next promo it seems like barely half an episode? LOL

• Love 5

I just don't get why they have to ruin Oliver's other relationships and Oliver himself for this reporter. 

If she does end up siding with Chase, I'm just going to feel bad for Chase because he's going to have to deal with her.

If she doesn't, how long do they plan on having her stick around? Are they going to kill her off by season's end and then, with our luck, they'll pick back up after the summer and have Oliver still mourning her since apparently this relationship is super important now? 

• Love 2

Is it bad that I like Adrian? I don't know his motivation but I am actively anticipating what he plans on doing. Apart from SW's kidnapping. 

Maybe he will give her an exclusive interview that he is the GA, which I don't see happening because he'd then have to face the courts. After all the GA is a killer. That's what he said. 

• Love 4

I would bet money on Susan bailing on their relationship after being kidnapped. Then tptb can say it was supposed to show Oliver how much a better fitnFelicity is for him and make him fight for her bc she has always stood by him after being kidnapped.

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Is it bad that I like Adrian?

No, I like him too. I'm stanning him now after that "I'm ten steps ahead of you, and you don't even know what game we're playing yet." Perfect insult delivered perfectly to the moron it was intended to confuse. 

• Love 12

The way he delivered that line and his face in the promo was great. 

Also, maybe because I am confused or I just didn't pay too much attention: Will Thalia be in the present now?

• Love 1

It looks like the ACU is raiding a woman's apartment, I assume on the hunt for GA. It can't be Suzy's* place because Promadreus has her possibly tied up in an elevator? With a bomb? I know, I know, I'm getting my hopes up. So who is the dark haired woman in the apartment? It looks like wherever Oliver finds Talia it's filled with LOA scented candles. Is it possible Adrian sics the ACU on Dinah? In her brand new garden flat?

*It amuses me to imagine the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is confused about Suzy. As are we all.

13 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Is it bad that I like Adrian? I don't know his motivation but I am actively anticipating what he plans on doing. Apart from SW's kidnapping. 

No, I'm now Prometheus' number one fan. I'm thinking about having t-shirts made. 

I've been waiting for Josh to get really in to his scenes and I thought it would be with Chase being revealed but I am so excited knowing that he's prometheus. He's so sinister and way more intelligent than Oliver it honestly will be fun to watch him.

I did like him as the DA so it sucks that we will most likely lose him this season. 

• Love 1

I can't remember from Oliver's visit to Prometheus's mom, but did they confirm that Adrian Chase didn't have a twin?  Adrian could be Vigilante and his evil twin could be Prometheus.

I'd kind of like Chase to hang around next season, evil or not, so am looking for an excuse to keep Vigilante.

• Love 1

#TeamPrometheus The hero Starling City deserves. 

I'm dying to know what this overall plan is for the season. What are TPTB going to do to make me want Oliver to beat Prometheus? Hint: Damseling Shady Snoozy is not the way to go. 

• Love 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm dying to know what this overall plan is for the season. What are TPTB going to do to make me want Oliver to beat Prometheus? Hint: Damseling Shady Snoozy is not the way to go. 

Yeah, I got nothing. At this point, I want everyone to leave Oliver - not the team, but Oliver - and for him to be all alone at the end of the season. Maybe they should wrap up the big May battle in the penultimate episode and have the season finale be Oliver trying to make up for his stupidity all season to everyone, only for him to be left alone in the lair or the mayor's office or whatever in the final scene. 

ETA: Actually, since I bet a lot of Felicity's money went into paying for the lair, I'd rather see him try to access it, only to be shut out. It'll be the time when the security on that place finally works. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 9

I'm not sure what joy Chase is getting out of any of this. Chase is playing chess with the guy who throws the ball on the ground which then bounces back and hits him in the face. The Oliver who parkoured up a building to extract a bullet was a formidable opponent. This Oliver? Not so much. 

• Love 24

You know, they're trying so hard to make out like Felicity and Thea are the ones in the wrong and how dare they go down a dark path, they should be better, that Felicity turning to Helix is probably going to be portrayed as the worst thing ever. Like, what was she thinking?! She got in trouble and then needed saving!! How dare she!! And it's annoying because a) I could do without them hating on her and b) she's only doing it to help fix a problem that Oliver created and get shit done. What's Oliver doing? Worrying about his dick by the sounds of it.

I just really hate that they're trying to show Oliver has the moral high ground when he doesn't. Ugh, and here I thought the baby mama drama would be the height of my annoyance with him. I was so naive. 

8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Prometheus will strip oliver off of everything and destroy everything he has built in the past 5 years...think back to how Oliver felt in season 2 after Moira died. I think what Oliver says and does at that point will make the audience feel sympathetic and want him to some rise above it all and defeat Prometheus. 

(edited)

What concerns me if that Susan is kidnapped in the same ep, presumably, that OQ finds out that FS is using Helix and gets in trouble with them. I'm wondering if it's going to be another time in which Oliver will have to choose who to save. 

Edited by LadyChaos
(edited)
13 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I think Stephen saying that is half an excuse since he also went with justifying him by tweeting how awful it was for him that Felicity dumped him and half the fact that he knows that Oliver behaving this way is necessary so Prometheus can do whatever his plan for the rest of the season.

Gee, Stephen, I don't think it was exactly a picnic for Felicity either - and she was paralyzed and then deceived by your character.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

Is Wendy Stanzler directing 520? That means there's going to be two new sets for one episode, unless this is connected to the sewer tunnel sketch MG posted earlier.

6 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/

Susan 'may feel betrayed by Oliver in the end'

So we have another interview suggesting a Oliver betrays or makes Susan feel betrayed SL?

Again I don't understand why the writers think the audience would care about a character who's been around five minutes three of which she posed a threat to Team Arrow to be invested in her feeling "betrayed" but cest la vie.

• Love 4
Just now, LeighAn said:

So we have another interview suggesting a Oliver betrays or makes Susan feel betrayed SL?

Again I don't understand why the writers think the audience would care about a character who's been around five minutes three of which she posed a threat to Team Arrow to be invested in her feeling "betrayed" but cest la vie.

Right? My response to that is - okay, so you'll leave now, right? And I care about how Sues feels because...why exactly? Because she might do something to harm Oliver? Which is where she seemed headed from her first appearance? 

I just don't understand. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I actually didn't see anything about Susan feeling betrayed in the Den of Geek interview. Maybe I clicked on the wrong one?

(edited)
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Is Wendy Stanzler directing 520? That means there's going to be two new sets for one episode, unless this is connected to the sewer tunnel sketch MG posted earlier.

That set kinda looks like the elevator shaft that O/F swung across in s1. 

Edited by Guest

Yeah I really don't get it. They set her up to betray him from her first episode and then she didn't and now she's being set up to betray him again only I guess we're supposed to think she's justified now.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I actually didn't see anything about Susan feeling betrayed in the Den of Geek interview. Maybe I clicked on the wrong one?

I didn't click the link to be honest If it's not about Felicity Oliver or Diggle I don't care ha. I'm just going by what LadyChaos wrote and assumed that was in the article. 

"Adrian is really taking his time in his plan to torture Oliver. What's next in the Big Bad's plan to slowly drive the Green Arrow crazy?

The closer you get into Oliver's - the further he gets into Oliver's head, the closer he gets into getting his confidence and getting his trust. Obviously one of the ways to do that is by gaining the trust and confidence of the people that Oliver cares about. So, it was definitely part of his long-term game, and it will - those chickens will definitely come home to roost by the end of the season."

But the only person whose trust he gained is Evelyn right? Because sure, he helped Dig, but the moment he finds out he is Prometheus he can kiss his trust goodbye.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's not the right article I don't know what happened..... the article I was trying to post was supposed to be about Susan and her getting kidnapped. 

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/arrow/262569/arrow-what-does-prometheus-want-with-susan-williams

They said Susan is supposed to represent the people of Star City and how they feel after everything that has happened to them in the past 4 years.... about why Chase chooses her and not Thea or Felicity to kidnap. At the end JS said that 'Susan may feel betrayed by Oliver in the end and how Prometheus gets to use that.

its implied heavily that Susan was chosen to be kidnapped instead of Thea or Felicity bc she is a reporter.

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Love 1