Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Starfish35 said:

I know that - that's what I was saying.  The spinoff part is just my wild speculation.

Ah, sorry the way I read your post was like the spinoff was a given, just the question of what was being spun-off.

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Ah, sorry the way I read your post was like the spinoff was a given, just the question of what was being spun-off.

Ah ok. No, I meant the new show part was the given, not the spin-off part.  

Call me crazy, but I'm still not on board with Oliver and BTDT because I think they are establishing the GA and BC partnership right off the bat so they don't have to spend much time on it later.

That being said, if they do go that route, I just can't with the stupid. And talk about capping off the awful GA and BC relationship. If you were recapping the relationship you would have to start with Oliver and Laurel's terrible past because its so important to Oliver's relationship with BTDT because he creepy stalker replaced her. 

As for the audience being stupid...some of the those comments under the spoilers. Well, Laurel was pretty terrible but this girl is the real Black Canary.

• Love 8

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, and I'm not trying to give the Olicity fans false hope, but if they're going full comic book on us, Dinah Drake does not end up with Oliver, does she?   I mean, I know it's weird and totally screwed up because we already have Dinah, Laurel's mother, but still.  I don't know.  Just a thought.  *shrug*

• Love 3

Idk but that didn't really make me think they were going for a romance, at least not more than anything that we've heard so far so my opinion hasn't changed. But like I've always said before, if it is it makes it pretty easy to quit the show and not even look back lol

It is unbelievably contrived tho, like even for this show. They find a meta human with a canary cry and her name is Dinah, i mean seriously lame. Casting KC as BC really screwed them over because now they have to be this ridiculous to get another BC. Imo this will not go over well with either fandom or general audience. 

• Love 9

Soooo Arrow won't have the ratings or social media buzz, but hey they will now have added comic canon.

I swear it's like watching a train crash, your there running, screaming, waving your arms about in warning, but they can't see you and you can't stop the crash.

it makes me wonder how much of that article JH read and agreed with, how much of a mistake was it? Pushing for GA/BC now seems more ominous.

Will the comic crowd be pleased they are getting Dinah, or upset that Laurel just lifted right out to make way for her?

• Love 14
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

As for the audience being stupid...some of the those comments under the spoilers. Well, Laurel was pretty terrible but this girl is the real Black Canary.

Oh I have no doubt Berlantiverse is full of sheepel. I'm just not one if them, I can forgive a lot but when I feel like the EPs think I'm an idiot I'm out. It why I dropped The Walking Dead I just felt the EPs treated the audience like shit.

I'm feeling the same way about this, like I really do get it was a WB Push but, it feels like hey stupid, remember all that stuff we said about how Sara was the 'proto Canary' while Laurel was the Real BC? Baahahshah we made you suffer though 4 years if that shit for nothing because we just made up a new character and gave her Dinah's name too. Hahahah so now THIS is the real Black Canary.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, though, and I'm not trying to give the Olicity fans false hope, but if they're going full comic book on us, Dinah Drake does not end up with Oliver, does she?   I mean, I know it's weird and totally screwed up because we already have Dinah, Laurel's mother, but still.  I don't know.  Just a thought.  *shrug*

LOL So for the Comic Canon peeps, if Oliver sleeps with her he's had sex with Laurel's sister and her mother. OTP right there.

52 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Will the comic crowd be pleased they are getting Dinah, or upset that Laurel just lifted right out to make way for her?

Honestly, I think a few will be upset, but a lot will be won over if she's decent with the action scenes, especially since she gets a comics compliant name. I'm betting there will be few to no complaints accusing the show of turning into "Dinah and friends", even if she eats up a lot of screen time.

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Depends

Dinah Drake was the original Black Canary and she was paired with Green Arrow before the 80s. Then the retcon happened and they split BC into Mother/Daughter succession so it became that Ollie Queen was with and eventually married to Dinah Laurel Lance. With nu52 DC went back to Dinah Drake, married to Kurt Lance and never met Ollie Queen. I have no idea Which Dinah is the current Rebirth BC but, that Dinah is paired with Ollie Queen.

But I mean yeah if we're going with Because Comics then Dinah Drake should marry Quentin Larry Lance on Arrow.

Edited by Morrigan2575
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh I have no doubt Berlantiverse is full of sheepel. I'm just not one if them, I can forgive a lot but when I feel like the EPs think I'm an idiot I'm out. It why I dropped The Walking Dead I just felt the EPs treated the audience like shit.

I'm feeling the same way about this, like I really do get it was a WB Push but, it feels like hey stupid, remember all that stuff we said about how Sara was the 'proto Canary' while Laurel was the Real BC? Baahahshah we made you suffer though 4 years if that shit for nothing because we just to talk made up a new character and gave her Dinah's name too

I've never watched a show where you can so clearly see the BTS every week. The EPs are so terrible at working it into the show.

• Love 7

I have a feeling she isn't going to be good in this role. Just my opinion though.

Good luck to them because if they are going that "route" they can say goodbye to most of their fanbase and the ones that actually do promo for the show. 

They are going to lose the little demographic they had in Olicity fans and OTA fans because both those fan bases will implode.

People aren't going to view OTA the same because it will be horrible seeing Oliver and Felicity interact when/if he goes with this Dinah.

This is stupid if they do this. How can they erase (if they erase) "you're my always."

Just so wrong. You have 4 1/2-5 years canon of Oliver and Felicity. They are going to be stupid if they erase that. That is what gets them the most press.

I'm gonna be so pissed wasting my energy and time over this.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Depends

Dinah Drake was the original Black Canary and she was paired with Green Arrow before the 80s. Then the retcon happened and they split BC into Mother/Daughter succession so it became that Ollie Queen was with and eventually married to Dinah Laurel Lance. With nu52 DC went back to Dinah Drake, married to Kurt Lance and never met Ollie Queen. I have no idea Which Dinah is the current Rebirth BC but, that Dinah is paired with Ollie Queen.

But I mean yeah if we're going with Because Comics then Dinah Drake should marry Quentin Larry Lance on Arrow.

Lol oh this is so messed up.  Ugh.  

• Love 2

Just knowing that Berlanti came to them and suddenly they had to scramble and figure out how to make another BC fit makes me certain that Olicity rebuilding and reuniting was absolutely the plan for this year, maybe stretching it out longer, but always the plan.

Now I really don't know what their plan is.  

They've swerved before the way I wanted so I can't rule it out but this really does suck in the mean time until we see the dynamic for certain.  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I've never watched a show where you can so clearly see the BTS every week. The EPs are so terrible at working it into the show.

Sleepy Hollow, you can totally see the network push to make it the Crane show starting pretty much in late S1 and all of S2. Took them to S4 to get their way and the ratings aren't good.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Just knowing that Berlanti came to them and suddenly they had to scramble and figure out how to make another BC fit makes me certain that Olicity rebuilding and reuniting was absolutely the plan for this year, maybe stretching it out longer, but always the plan.

The plan is still on course, but people cannot see it because their have the because comics blinders. 

A chick with the same name as Laurel's and the same "power" as Laurel's....could he get any luckier in that fulfilling the whole dying wish thing? He should buy a lottery ticket on his way back home to wherever in the hell he's sleeping tonight!

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The plan is still on course, but people cannot see it because their have the because comics blinders. 

I used to have a saying, trust in the show.  Believe what is on screen.  And by that, without the comic blinders, I'd still be confident we are in for a great reunion.  But while I know the "because comic" mantra blinds people to a good story, what do you do if the blind are leading the blind?  

The narrative and the history and just the wonderful chemistry between Oliver and Felicity demands that their story is not done, but I've been been that fan watching a show where logic and history and good story telling was tossed aside at a whim.  

So I am not without hope, but damn, this does not make me happy.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

A chick with the same name as Laurel's and the same "power" as Laurel's....could he get any luckier in that fulfilling the whole dying wish thing? He should buy a lottery ticket on his way back home to wherever in the hell he's sleeping tonight!

Don't forget she also lost a partner/former lover in the field. The odds man. The odds.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Don't forget she also lost a partner/former lover in the field. The odds man. The odds.

I was gonna say Oliver really nailed it, but I figured that was sensitive language at the moment.

Him getting her to take the Black Canary name is super creepy-like a two-sided Single White Femaling! If she carries around a Sears Portrait Studio pic of herself, I hope her suit has a pocket for it, too. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I oddly found this to be in favor of Olicity.  Laurel died as a team member and friend, not a partner or a lover.  The partner and the lover that Oliver needs a second chance with (and very well might need to save from some darkness) is Felicity.  

• Love 8

Do you think the writers/EPs are nervous considering the proof they have from the ratings so far, that they have strayed from the path of what made the show popular, as right now they sit on the cusp of several episodes  that are going to be polarizing (Susan, Rene centric, Dinah new BC) and there is no give to be had in the ratings? 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, sara1121 said:

So are we now allowed to speculate about Tina/Dinah/Oliver romance without being accused of being "hysterical"? Probably not. But you know what, I don't care. For me, assuming those spoilers are true, Dinah Drake + "You are my second chance"=99.99% chance they are going to road test a Dinah/Oliver romance. There is a small chance that Olicity will return if Dinah/Oliver is very unpopular, but I really think Olicity is truly over and has been for a long time. I've suspected it since the beginning of the season, but the Dinah Drake name puts the final nail in the coffin for me.

Since they have repeatedly stated that Felicity's storyline is separate from Oliver, I predict the season with continue with a very minor touch of Olicity to keep the diehard "O/F are totally getting back together next episode/next sweeps episode/season finale" fans coming back + Oliver/Susan until later in the season + Oliver/Dinah flirting/being "equals", growing closer. Then Susan is gone. Dinah/Oliver have a moment by the season finale. Kiss? Maybe, but possibly not. Certainly they will be growing closer. Season six will likely be them getting together. Felicity will be off having her own storylines that involve Oliver a bit (to keep stringing those diehard Olicity fans along), but not too much. The end.

At this stage it's not so much about Oliver/Felicity for me, but the concern that Felicity will be pushed aside and get less screen time - ie becomes the Laurel in this scenario - for Tina Dinah to be the leading lady. And kind of annoyed that Felicity's boyfriend gets killed by Oliver and his reward might be  his "epic comic canon romance", while presumably Felicity will end up alone, or with another cardboard cutout boyfriend (not that being alone is a bad thing of course - just annoyed at the optics in this particular scenario).

Additional spec: We're finally going to hear Oliver utter the line we've all not been waiting for: "Pretty bird."

I love how WB is just gonna throw out all the money Olicity has been making them and they always used for promoting it for a ship with a recurring guest star. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Do you think the writers/EPs are nervous considering the proof they have from the ratings so far, that they have strayed from the path of what made the show popular, as right now they sit on the cusp of several episodes  that are going to be polarizing (Susan, Rene centric, Dinah new BC) and there is no give to be had in the ratings? 

No. They very well could be concerned about the ratings but IMO there isn't any evidence of it in the way the EPs talk about the show. There could be course correcting in the writing, but they've never course corrected in the marketing. 

The post-ep interviews tonight should be super interesting. 

• Love 3

That's the most hilarious piece of spoiler I've read in a while, LOL. Come onnnn, how can they call her like Laurel's mom?? People were saying it as a joke..

Anyway I think it could go either way..I still think they mean to reunite Oliver and Felicity but I don't disregard any option. Her introduction could have been different if they wanted to tell people from the start there will never be anything romantic between them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, sara1121 said:

Actually, never mind. Can't be bothered arguing the obvious.

Will see at the end of the season. And they would have to start writing towards your scenario at this moment when they are preparing the last step of the season. And that without even a good perception how the new girl is perceived. 

Edited by Velocity23
Just now, apinknightmare said:

The post-ep interviews tonight should be super interesting. 

*snort* Oh no doubt.  I really can't wait to see how they talk themselves around.  Let's see:

"we love Laurel and Katie Cassidy and she'll always be an integral part of our universe, and we are so fortunate that Katie was willing to come back and help us launch this new chapter in the Black Canary story, and we're looking forward to all the storytelling opportunities this will open up for us."

Interviewer: And so why did you kill off Laurel's Black Canary? 

"Well, we really feel like we had taken Laurel's story as far as it could go, and we thought that her death would open up so many new storylines for the rest of the characters.  And bringing in someone new, who is at the same time so closely tied to the comic version of the character, allows us to open up our storylines in new directions.  But we love Katie and she has been so gracious to work with us on this, and we hope to be able to revisit the Black Siren in the future."

ROFL.  I need to go to bed.  The sleep deprivation is obviously getting to me.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Will see at the end of the season. 

Yes we certainly will. It's a win/win scenario for me - either I was right, in that case, yay for my deductive reasoning, or alternatively, Olicity get back together, and that would be even better.

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

*snort* Oh no doubt.  I really can't wait to see how they talk themselves around.  Let's see:

"we love Laurel and Katie Cassidy and she'll always be an integral part of our universe, and we are so fortunate that Katie was willing to come back and help us launch this new chapter in the Black Canary story, and we're looking forward to all the storytelling opportunities this will open up for us."

Interviewer: And so why did you kill off Laurel's Black Canary? 

"Well, we really feel like we had taken Laurel's story as far as it could go, and we thought that her death would open up so many new storylines for the rest of the characters.  And bringing in someone new, who is at the same time so closely tied to the comic version of the character, allows us to open up our storylines in new directions.  But we love Katie and she has been so gracious to work with us on this, and we hope to be able to revisit the Black Siren in the future."

ROFL.  I need to go to bed.  The sleep deprivation is obviously getting to me.

Laurel has reached a plateau. By the way, this is Chase. He is the DA. He works closely with the Mayor. He will also be interacting a lot with Diggle. And he's a vigilante so all those possibilities.

• Love 11

"Plateau."  Yes, I forgot to work that one in. :)  I also forgot to work in the appropriate commentary re: how Green Arrow always needs Black Canary, blah blah blah, feel free to rewrite as appropriate.  Lol.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The problem with arguing the obvious is that 'obvious' depends on your interpretation.

So true! That's what makes it all so interesting and as this is a discussion thread I love reading all different interpretations, be they skewed Dinah/Tina/Oliver or Olicity. 

15 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Even though I'm frustrated as hell with a lot this season, the confirmation of everything KC feels me with glee.

Im a terrible person.

So true.  I mean, it's so blatant that it actually makes me feel a tiny bit bad for her (although that might be the sleep deprivation), but on the other hand, wow.  So much for Laurel being the One True Canary. Hahaha they're not even going to leave her the dignity of having been the one to have had the comic "name".  I'm such a terrible person, but I do find it terribly amusing.  It's such a blatant (though unspoken) acknowledgment that she was such a terrible Canary that they're basically starting all over again from scratch.  LOLing forever. 

But at the same time they keep venerating St Laurel the Good in the text.  What is this? Listen to what I'm saying and not what I'm doing?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I love how WB is just gonna throw out all the money Olicity has been making them and they always used for promoting it for a ship with a recurring guest star. 

I want your positivity! I do!!! I really do! 

I just wanna cry and delete my fanfic bookmarks right now!

This is almost as bad as HIMYM

Remember how reddit dude made 5x10 sound like Oliver made Felicity throw a party for Laurel, implied Oliver was acting out of love for Laurel and they had an emotional bond, didn't spoil or mention any of the Olicity interactions AND conviently forgot to mention Felicity punching Black Siren.

The spoilers may be real but I doubt the interpretation is. 

Ergo why I'm not reading them and waiting for the episode to actually play so I don't work myself up into a hysterical fit. Life's too short.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Remember how reddit dude made 5x10 sound like Oliver made Felicity throw a party for Laurel, implied Oliver was acting out of love for Laurel and they had an emotional bond, didn't spoil or mention any of the Olicity interactions AND conviently forgot to mention Felicity punching Black Siren.

Ergo why I'm not reading them and waiting for the episode to actually play so I don't work myself up into a hysterical fit. Life's too short.

He wrote the dialogue from the last scene..

6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He wrote the dialogue from the last scene..

And your point? 

He posted dialogue for 5x10 too.

He made 5x10 sound terrible and people got melodramatic about it and then it turned out the episode was actually very promising in terms of Olicity.

But if people cant chill their jets for a few hours and wait and see if Tina and  Oliver make sex eyes at each other or not that's okay. I'm choosing to wait before working myself up over somebody else potentially bias view of the ep.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1

So...not that I expect the people to make sense or be consistent and I know we're missing context, but what exactly is she Oliver's second chance at? Having someone named Dinah on his team? Redeeming someone, I guess? If so, then his idiocy in the last ep makes sense as setup for Tinah's introduction, since he seems to just want to shove everyone into Laurel's old spot in his life/on the team.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

And your point? 

He posted dialogue for 5x10 too.

He made 5x10 sound terrible and people got melodramatic about it and then it turned out the episode was actually very promising in terms of Olicity.

But if people cant chill their jets for a few hours and wait and see if Tina and  Oliver make sex eyes at each other or not that's okay. I'm choosing to wait before working myself up over somebody else potentially bias view of the ep.

My point was that since the only thing he posted is the dialogue from the last scene you can read it, there's no interpretation. It's like reading a page of the script.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I don't really think it was 'convenient', just that he was basically writing about the stuff he personally digs. I imagine if I got my hands on that episode early, I'd have been all about, and then Oliver gave Felicity the look again!!!, and Felicity is BAMFing all over the place. Also, Dig's prison storyline makes some sort of sense this time around, and there are some other people in the episode as well. 

5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

My point was that since the only thing he posted is the dialogue from the last scene you can read it, there's no interpretation. It's like reading a page of the script.

There is also the way the actors play it out and the set up for the scene earlier in the episode. Regardless of everything, I think it's a alme way to finish up the episode. Why not end it on Dig and how he manages to be out in time for Russia in 512?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

And again the point? 

Unless there is actually a romantic line in the dialogue Tina saying her real name is Dinah and Oliver saying she is a second chance doesn't confirm or deny anything until we see if they are making sexy let's get it on eyes at each other which would imply the writers would want it to read as a romantic scene.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 6
Just now, LeighAn said:

And again the point? 

Unless their is actually a romantic line in the dialogue Tona saying her real name is Dinah and Oliver saying she is a second chance doesn't conform or deny anything until we see if they are making sexy let's get it on eyes at each other which would imply the writers would want it to read as a romantic scene.

That if you want to read it it's safe to do it! Jeez, am I speaking another language? You said you didn't want to read it because the guy gave his own spin to episode 10 so I said he posted the dialogue of the last scene, he didn't make his personal recap of the episode. I wasn't saying it proves Oliver and Tina are happening just that it's safe to read.

• Love 3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

That if you want to read it it's safe to do it! Jeez, am I speaking another language? You said you didn't want to read it because the guy gave his own spin to episode 10 so I said he posted the dialogue of the last scene, he didn't make his personal recap of the episode. I wasn't saying it proves Oliver and Tina are happening just that it's safe to read.

If that's the case I sincerely apologise. I guess I was feeling a little defensive as it seems we are constantly stuck on the Tina/Oliver romance hysteria merry go round in this thread that I'm looking to get off of.

I was in the wrong sorry. 

3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

We are constantly stuck on the Tina/Oliver romance hysteria merry go round in this thread that I'm looking to get off of.

It's only gonna get worse, haha. Especially since the spec here just isn't about speculating-it's also about keeping score for whatever reason. 

• Love 14