Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I have a question. Do we know that Oliver and Felicity's engagement still happened since Barry fucked up the universe?  Or did I just not pay enough attention and it was verified that it still stands in the altered timeline

As far as I'm concerned everything is the same unless otherwise stated. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I have a question. Do we know that Oliver and Felicity's engagement still happened since Barry fucked up the universe?  Or did I just not pay enough attention and it was verified that it still stands in the altered timeline

It was in the previouslies, so I'd say yes. It happened. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I'm pretty sure they showed the engagement and their break-up in the 'Previously on Arrow' summary before 501 began. So I think it still happened.

Other than that, we wouldn't know because they're acting like it didn't.

That's what made me ask the question.  I mean if they just kind of made that they never got engaged then all this pretending like it didn't, being upset when folks are pressing them about it makes more sense.

Even though they said it only changed John/Sara...well they say a lot of things that aren't always true or reliable. 

• Love 1

SA-"Detective Malone should be afraid of his connection to Felicity."  Is boyfriend biting the bullet in 5.09? LOL! (I'm actually expecting him to be around all season if Oliver has a relationship in 5B.  Just thought the wording was funny.)

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It was in the previouslies, so I'd say yes. It happened. 

I suppose I'm just not 100% convinced that what we saw in the previouslies really mean anything after Barry's shenanigans.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

That's what made me ask the question.  I mean if they just kind of made that they never got engaged then all this pretending like it didn't, being upset when folks are pressing them about it makes more sense.

Even though they said it only changed John/Sara...well they say a lot of things that aren't always true or reliable. 

Their behavior would definitely make a lot more sense if they had never been engaged but these writers are pretty clueless so...I'm pretty sure it still happened.

Just now, Angel12d said:

Their behavior would definitely make a lot more sense if they had never been engaged but these writers are pretty clueless so...I'm pretty sure it still happened.

Fair point. LOL

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

SA-"Detective Malone should be afraid of his connection to Felicity."  Is boyfriend biting the bullet in 5.09? LOL! (I'm actually expecting him to be around all season if Oliver has a relationship in 5B.  Just thought the wording was funny.)

I guess this might have something to do with Prometheus?

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who for some reason jumped to that in my mind. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

I think he's saying NOROMO! NOROMO! NOROMO! because that's what you say during 'ship stalling.

I'm getting the impression more and more that it isn't ship stalling - it's ship killing. If you're ship stalling at least in interviews you give some sort of hopeful message to fans. But they are doing everything in their power to make it clear that Oliver and Felicity are over for good. To me it seems like the original plan was ship stalling - break them up for a while, but still intend for them to end up together eventually. But it feels like things changed in the last couple of episodes last season. I don't know if they changed their plans, or the higher ups changed their plans for them or whatever, but I think the idea changed from ship stall (standard TV pattern) to the new plan to completely kill Olicity forever in the next couple of eps, so that Oliver can be "free" to hook up with the new Black Canary. I really don't want it to be so, but I think 5x05 is going to be the Olicity death knell and I'll be surprised if their relationship is really ever a focus again after that (other than work associates). 

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 5

I wonder what Oliver says to Diggle to change his mind that Lyla couldn't do.
Does Oliver make a deal with him...hey Diggle, you don't have to stay in this prison, I've got a cage in the bunker that I can lock you up in whenever you wanna play martyr...Sounds good, let's go...
[still find it funny that they are running through the halls of Nanda Parbat instead of a prison]

• Love 2

If this is really the death knell for Olicity then I have to wonder if Oliver and Felicity will continue to share scenes.  Either that or someone needs to tell SA & EBR to cool it.  They were a little too friendly in 5.01-5.02.

Speaking of Felicity, why are we convinced the story line paying dividends through at least 5.12 involves Havenrock?  Did BFS specify that?  5.02, when the story starts, also involves vigilante recruitment.  I thought maybe we would be getting a network because I have trouble believing all the newbies will be around all year.  Whatever it is I hope it doesn't remove her from the story like Diggle has been.  (I know he's coming back 5.04/5.05)  Characters I like who lift right out of the narrative make me nervous.

Idk know what to think about this show anymore lol. As it is I'm not watching live and planned to marathon later depending in what happens. If they really do end Olicity for good then I would definitely be out 100% for good, there are an important part of what I love about Arrow.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, sara1121 said:

I'm getting the impression more and more that it isn't ship stalling - it's ship killing

Well judging by the fact that they just did a 180 and cannot seem to remember they were ever a couple and not having any explanation for it, it seems they are doing a good job of killing it. It seems people got quite, they no longer have interest and many seem to lose interest and/or drop the show. Therefore you are actively killing it by alienating your audience. That way you won't have to return to them. 

Well judging by the fact that they just did a 180 and cannot seem to remember they were ever a couple and not having any explanation for it, it seems they are doing a good job of killing it. 

I disagree, there has been allusions to O/F past relationship, Diggle asking about it and Felicity saying they dont have that type of relationship anymore..... From what I gather, episode 5 is supposed to bring that issue to the forefront?

• Love 3

I just don't see how this works, killing a super popular 'ship by episode 5, then introducing a brand new character nobody knows or cares about in 511, with intent for her to be catapulted into leading lady love interest... by the end of the season? And Felicity is still there being the quirky funny IT girl dating a minuscule rando?

I mean. I'm perfectly aware they did exactly that to Laurel in S1+S2 and all, but WHY would they do it again? I understand why they did it with Laurel. It makes no sense to do the same with Felicity. There's no obvious reason. Which there was with Laurel if you had, you know, eyes.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, HeroLeague said:

I disagree, there has been allusions to O/F past relationship, Diggle asking about it and Felicity saying they dont have that type of relationship anymore..... From what I gather, episode 5 is supposed to bring that issue to the forefront?

Yeah but watching them together would you say they almost got married last year? I know one couple that broke off their engagement and they never talked to each other again. Now that's extreme, but going back to being friends and so comfortable with each other is bizarre.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, sara1121 said:

I'm getting the impression more and more that it isn't ship stalling - it's ship killing. If you're ship stalling at least in interviews you give some sort of hopeful message to fans.

This is definitely possible.  With the number of new masks that they've crammed into the arrow lair, I believe that DC/WB has mandated that they up the comics quotient this year.  I think they are leaving their options open about Oliver and Felicity, but if Tina is Black Canary, they are going to do everything they can to make BC/GA work, hoping that the "comics destiny" makes things take off.  If ratings tank, they will bring back Olicity, and claim it was a ship stall.  If rating hold steady or improve, BC/GA will be endgame. 

I'm bothered by the fact that they are excluding Felicity from OTA, making Oliver and Diggle's friendship exclusive.  I do feel like they are erasing Felicity's contributions both currently and the past in how they talk about the show. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

what BC/GA endgame?

If Tina is the new Black Canary--and based on Laurel's final words, I think it is a strong possibility--I think they will at least try to make Black Canary and Green Arrow work long term.

Yeah but watching them together would you say they almost got married last year? I know one couple that broke off their engagement and they never talked to each other again. Now that's extreme, but going back to being friends and so comfortable with each other is bizarre.

I think they are in a denial or limbo stage were they havent accepted the new status quo?, and maybe episode 5 will give time on that issue. Just like they delayed Felicity/Havenrock issue. JMO.

This is definitely possible.  With the number of new masks that they've crammed into the arrow lair, I believe that DC/WB has mandated that they up the comics quotient this year. 

But then why is The Flash not given the same mandate, its the #1 DCWTV show? And Supergirl/LOT have added 1 or 2 . 

Edited by HeroLeague
5 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

But then why is The Flash not given the same mandate, its the #1 DCWTV show? And Supergirl/LOT have added 1 or 2 . 

I'll answer over in "bitterness" (since I can't find the speculation thread!), keeping the Black Canary conversation out of it since it is spoilers.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
I can't find the speculation thread because I'm not very smart.
  • Love 1

If Tina is the new Black Canary--and based on Laurel's final words, I think it is a strong possibility--I think they will at least try to make Black Canary and Green Arrow work long term.

What if she isnt? What if the Tina character turns out to be a LI for Wild Dog? But also has her own comic book destiny?  They been dropping enough hints about his ex-gf. And he seems to be the chosen one according to the EPs interviews. He got important parts of the storyline and getting closer to Diggle. He is getting more than Curtis, and Echo is a series regular.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

I think they are in a denial or limbo stage were they havent accepted the new status quo?, and maybe episode 5 will give time on that issue. Just like they delayed Felicity/Havenrock issue. JMO.

But that's the thing..you can't delay things to a more convenient time. A story is supposed to have a natural development. This is one of the reasons why looking at their relationship now it looks weird and many ppl wondered if FP erased the engagement. Because it doesn't look normal right now. 

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

What if she isnt? What if the Tina character turns out to be a LI for Wild Dog? But also has her own comic book destiny?  They been dropping enough hints about his ex-gf. And he seems to be the chosen one according to the EPs interviews. He got important parts of the storyline and getting closer to Diggle. He is getting more than Curtis, and Echo is a series regular.

For me, Laurel's last words put Tina in the likely Black Canary role. You are right that it is speculations on my part and that she could as easily be a love interest for Wild Dog, but it is hard to discuss in the speculation thread because there are some spoilers behind my speculation. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Yeah, honestly, I still think that's what's happening. They did the same thing in AoS, so I can't see why not in Arrow. Plus, it makes a lot more sense to me, tbh, even if she also becomes BC.

Yeah I think Tina will be a LI for Wild Dog and I don't think Oliver will be hooking up with a new BC. And i really don't think they're writing away from olicity or trying to kill the ship. And if I'm wrong and all that stuff does happen, well it will be incredibly easy for me to give up on arrow and never look back lol 

• Love 8

But that's the thing..you can't delay things to a more convenient time. A story is supposed to have a natural development.

The first 4 episodes have been focusing on other pressing issues: Mayor Oliver,Laurel's death, Havenrock, Diggle's estrangement, the new recruits etc. All plots  cant be dealt at the same time. Olicity is broken up so its not exactly like anything was left hanging

Edited by HeroLeague

If Arrow kills off Olicity this season, I think even the bitter haters will be surprised by it. They also know that olicity isnt done so it astounds me when I see olicity fans who think the show is writing away from olicity. Take away so called spoilers and things "according to sources" and actually confirm if what you see on screen shows you that they are writing away from the couple which we know isnt the case.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HeroLeague said:

The first 4 episodes have been focusing on other pressing issues: Mayor Oliver,Laurel's death, Havenrock, Diggle's estrangement, the new recruits etc. All plots  cant be dealt at the same time. Olicity is broken up so its not exactly like anything was left hanging

I disagree. It doesn't take much to show that a relationship is a bit awkward/fractured if it is supposed to be. It's quality writing..you write characters that can convey more than one emotion, that are complex. They didn't need to deal with it, but to make people understand that yes, last season happened. It isn't that hard.

• Love 10

I wish we had access to scripts because I think the staging on all O/F scenes might legit just be the word AMBIGUOUS written in all caps. There's no actual text because they're not ~writing towards romance~ right now, so Steve and Emily are doing their own thing in their one on one scenes without much guidance. Which hilariously makes them adorable and more flirty than they should, because of the magical powers of awesome chemistry.

• Love 17

These writers can't do subtle or complex save their souls.   They can show Oliver and Felicity to sympatico that they're "Mom and Dad" to the n00bs but they can't show how they might be okay on the surface and conflicted underneath.

It makes much more sense for Tina to be a LI for Wild Dog.  For some reason the EPs think he's the bestest evah (while I think he's a thug).  Even if Oliver and Felicity are still apart, it's too soon for Oliver to jump into another serious relationship.

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Scene 2: at the Arrow bunker. Tina is pounding the gym bag, Oliver arrives. She's frustrated about some Prometheus thing, he is apparently 'mr. disappearing act.' Oliver says Felicity and Curtis will find a location. She's woe-ing about her past as a Marine, and that being good enough is not enough, it's pretty much a self-actualization video script. And then Oliver tells her she's the best fighter he's ever seen, and it becomes flirty. They almost kiss, but Oliver's phone beeps with a location... Actual direction notes of this beat: 'They look at each other. Sexual tension palpable. Are we finally going to get an Oliver/Tina kiss? The tension broken by: PING! Oliver looks at his phone.'" (bijoux and dtissagirl posts, page 1137 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

1.  No way is she the best fighter he's ever seen.  She's not even as good as Shado or much less Nyssa or Sara.  For Wild Dong, on the other hand...

2. When have you ever seen post-island Oliver become flirty unless he's doing it as a manipulation?  (I don't count 301 or times with Felicity because that's heart eyes.

3.  Finally?  Finally going to get an Oliver/Tina kiss?  They've just met!

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

While I'd like to see him bite the bullet, I fear he's going to be sticking around since WM wants us to like him after we've got over our shock.

I took it to mean that Prometheus was going to go after people close to the Green Arrow and since Felicity is working on his team and Mayo is dating her, Mayo is in danger of dripping red and I don't mean the ketchup.

1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm bothered by the fact that they are excluding Felicity from OTA, making Oliver and Diggle's friendship exclusive.  I do feel like they are erasing Felicity's contributions both currently and the past in how they talk about the show. 

They always excluded Felicity from the Oliver/Diggle bromance.  (I still loathe Oliver and Diggle kicking her out of their convo to save MM from Ra;s,) The only time she was actively involved was when she forced them to make up after the kidnapping.  Bromance means  a lot to these EPs.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

The sides of Tina are fake. It's an audition piece, not from an actual script.

I'm all for Mayo dying but I hope Felicity and him are donzo by then. I don't want to watch Felicity grieve the condiment.

• Love 10

I wonder why Mayo's connection to Felicity should be worrisome to him if it has something to do with Prometheus, since Mayo's been making fake police calls in order to talk with the Green Arrow. Unless it was just a bunch of word salad by Wendy to bring the convo back around to our fave sandwich spread and give us some DUN DUN DUNNNN feels. I suppose WM could've been talking about Felicity considering letting Mayo know about her involvement with Team Arrow (assuming she actually does), but...seems he'd already be on Prometheus's hit list?

LOL @ me trying to make sense of this.

• Love 1
(edited)

Stephen had something similar to say. “Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver. Detective Malone should be afraid of his connection to Felicity,” he said.

Who is the his? Cause it kind of works both ways. 

Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver he should be afraid of Oliver's connection to Felicity.

Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver he should be afraid of his own connection to Felicity.

At first glance, I thought his = Malone but, now I'm wondering if his = Oliver.  I could be over thinking it. 

It's confusing because the author ties Mercle and SA's answers together but I'm not actually sure they're talking about the same thing. Like Mercle could be hinting at Malone getting into danger because of ties to Prometheus or whatever he does on that Task Force or perhaps whatever he is doing as Lance 2.0

But I don't know exactly what SA is talking about since we don't have the exact question asked. I hate when writers do that.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, HeroLeague said:

Is she though, I dont think BC is considered the best fighter in the DCU. 

I remember her being compared to Batman's skill level in certain animated films so yeah, that's valid.  

2 hours ago, sara1121 said:

I'm getting the impression more and more that it isn't ship stalling - it's ship killing. If you're ship stalling at least in interviews you give some sort of hopeful message to fans. But they are doing everything in their power to make it clear that Oliver and Felicity are over for good. To me it seems like the original plan was ship stalling - break them up for a while, but still intend for them to end up together eventually. But it feels like things changed in the last couple of episodes last season. I don't know if they changed their plans, or the higher ups changed their plans for them or whatever, but I think the idea changed from ship stall (standard TV pattern) to the new plan to completely kill Olicity forever in the next couple of eps, so that Oliver can be "free" to hook up with the new Black Canary. I really don't want it to be so, but I think 5x05 is going to be the Olicity death knell and I'll be surprised if their relationship is really ever a focus again after that (other than work associates). 

1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

For me, Laurel's last words put Tina in the likely Black Canary role. You are right that it is speculations on my part and that she could as easily be a love interest for Wild Dog, but it is hard to discuss in the speculation thread because there are some spoilers behind my speculation. 

1 hour ago, tangerine95 said:

Yeah I think Tina will be a LI for Wild Dog and I don't think Oliver will be hooking up with a new BC. And i really don't think they're writing away from olicity or trying to kill the ship. And if I'm wrong and all that stuff does happen, well it will be incredibly easy for me to give up on arrow and never look back lol 

I think Tina will absolutely be a canary and perhaps the show might even make it seem like she might become the next black Canary but then swerve (cause that actually would be a tiny bit unexpected).  Or maybe she will get the title of Black Canary and to make comics line up, Wild Dong (I am so going to call him this now) will suit up in the green leathers for some reason.  Poof, comic destiny once again done.  

Or maybe they will try to force something but I just don't see it getting traction.  

As for if they are ship killing...no, I honestly don't think that is what is happening.  This isn't how you write to kill a ship.  Supergirl is currently either doing an extreme ship stall or is actually writing to kill a ship and number one thing in either variation is to radically reduce their screen time together and absolutely do not give the ship intimate, heart to heart talks in every episode.  

I do think that they are writing away from their romance right now so that they can stick Oliver with other women but I think that is going to be for plot purposes, not to replace the shows big ship.      

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

At first glance, I thought his = Malone but, now I'm wondering if his = Oliver.  I could be over thinking it

I guess I just don't understand why anyone should be worried about their connection to Felicity? No one is after her as far as we know. If it's regarding Green Arrow, Mayo has his own connection directly to the guy that should be worrisome since Prometheus is after him? Unless maybe Wendy is referring to Mayo getting in trouble for Felicity using him as Team Arrow's hook up to the law stuff since she already used him for the mass spectrometer whatever, and seems like she'll be going to him for more cop stuff in 5x06 (because I think her considering telling him about her work with GA has more to do with needing something from him than wanting to be honest with him, but I could be wrong).

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver he should be afraid of Oliver's connection to Felicity.

Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver he should be afraid of his own connection to Felicity.

At first glance, I thought his = Malone but, now I'm wondering if his = Oliver.  I could be over thinking it

I see where your head is going but I don't think SA would phrase it that way if he meant that Mayo should worry about Oliver's connection to Felicity, not when he just got done saying that Mayo shouldn't be afraid of Oliver.  I mean, how would Oliver's connection to Felicity be more harmful than Felicity's connection to Oliver?  

(edited)
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I see where your head is going but I don't think SA would phrase it that way if he meant that Mayo should worry about Oliver's connection to Felicity, not when he just got done saying that Mayo shouldn't be afraid of Oliver.  I mean, how would Oliver's connection to Felicity be more harmful than Felicity's connection to Oliver?  

I was thinking more along the lines of relationship. Like Malone shouldn't worry about what Oliver might do to him. Malone should worry about what Oliver's relationship to Felicity will do to Malone (I.e. bye bye Malone)

I guess I just don't understand why anyone should be worried about their connection to Felicity? 

The problem for me is that it's 2 quotes, one from WM, the other from SA. The author tied them together but, WM seems to be hinting about something police/task force/Prometheus related. However, I don't know if SA is talking about the same thing.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Both WM and SA are saying that Oliver is not going to be jealous of Felicity dating Mayo and that they will handle it in an adult way to I don't see why Mayo should be afraid of Oliver's connection to Felicity.

Not to mention, he already knows about it, it was all over the papers last season.  Unless he means the Green Arrow's connection to Felicity.

(I suspect this will turn out to be nothing again.)

27 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The sides of Tina are fake. It's an audition piece, not from an actual script.

I'm all for Mayo dying but I hope Felicity and him are donzo by then. I don't want to watch Felicity grieve the condiment.

Me either!  It would be too traumatic; I'm still grieving Hot Mustard since McDonald's dropped it from its sauce line-up a few years ago. :-)

9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

As for if they are ship killing...no, I honestly don't think that is what is happening.  This isn't how you write to kill a ship.  Supergirl is currently either doing an extreme ship stall or is actually writing to kill a ship and number one thing in either variation is to radically reduce their screen time together and absolutely do not give the ship intimate, heart to heart talks in every episode.       

I agree.  We all saw how these writers kill a ship because they killed Lauriver in a way that tracks with what you're saying.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

At first glance, I thought his = Malone but, now I'm wondering if his = Oliver.  I could be over thinking it. 

It's confusing because the author ties Mercle and SA's answers together but I'm not actually sure they're talking about the same thing. Like Mercle could be hinting at Malone getting into danger because of ties to Prometheus or whatever he does on that Task Force or perhaps whatever he is doing as Lance 2.0

But I don't know exactly what SA is talking about since we don't have the exact question asked. I hate when writers do that.

I initially read it as Mayo Bread should be afraid of the connection between Oliver and Felicity. But now I'm not sure. LOL.