Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, tv echo said:

If I'm trying to put an optimistic spin on things (trying, I said), then the delay in reuniting Oliver & Felicity as a couple could just be additional confirmation that they're endgame.

Unfortunately, not to the people who don't believe it already, but there's no convincing them anyway. Personally, my optimism is just kind of lowering the impact of these comments. Like, I've always thought that the cast/crew/TPTB/press always overestimate what people want/expect out of Olicity. Like @looptab was saying, part of what I think they were addressing is just the idea that Oliver and Felicity aren't going to get back together/get reengaged by the finale, since a bunch of people do/did think they would by 423. So much is set up from Oliver and Felicity by little moments and slow build that even the smallest moments, imo, set up Oliver and Felicity, whether the show addresses it as romantic or not. 

The biggest thing that would disappoint me, if this is what meant as "not addressing it," would be Oliver and Felicity not interacting at all, since that's the only real thing that's been disappointing me for them for the last two episodes. Idk, I just want them to have a scene together, and since it looks like they do, these comments don't really phase me much.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No, people here wanted them back together in some form. I'm one of the few that did not want them back together by 423. 

I think it's kind of funny that I NEEDED them to break up, and for it to last at least a few episodes, but I was kind of chided for that, especially for wanting it to last at least until sweeps. But I definitely thought they'd get back together by the end of the season. Not married or even engaged, but at least dating. So I'm pretty surprised. I'm okay with it, as long as Felicity doesn't take the blame for the breakup or anything rage-inducing like that, but I am pretty surprised.

I'm a TINY bit wondering whether they will have either or both date someone else next season. I still don't think so, but really, this show just does the weirdest things a lot of the time. 

"But ultimately, life is not black and white, there are shades of grey, and we had him make a decision tonight, in the finale, and we had him make it in an incredibly deliberate, analytical way – not a hot-headed way, not a vengeful way, just quite simply, he does something that has to be done.

SA's new quote, dude, I think he's killing Malcolm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I don't really understand the issue here. I thought most people here were pro Oliver/Felicity not getting together by the end of the season? So I don't get people ragging on the show for this :p 

Also I thought the interview meant that O/F won't be getting together this season (which is what people consider a full reconciliation) but that won't mean that there won't be any forward movement.... I mean we've been hearing for weeks that O/F end in a solid, better place which means that, yes, they'll probably be having a conversation about the status of their relationship in the finale. 

I mean I'm probably wrong, but I'll wait till the episode airs to judge.

My "issue" if we can call it that is not that he said they won't be back together, that we knew already, but that he said "There's always hope for Oliver and Felicity but that hope isn't addressed in this episode at all." Saying they won't address that hope = no forward movement. Or that is what I got from his interview, than if the episode will show something different I can't know.

I'm frustrated that they have been avoiding addressing what happened between them in a direct way since the break up. 

And right after that I read he said he wants Oliver to die in the series finale and that made me sad, LOL.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm a TINY bit wondering whether they will have either or both date someone else next season. I still don't think so, but really, this show just does the weirdest things a lot of the time. 

I honestly wasn't worried about this at all but I have to admit, I am now. And if this happens, I wave bye bye to Arrow for good. I'm not here to be played or messed around. 

(edited)

right after that I read he said he wants Oliver to die in the series finale and that made me sad, LOL.

I've actually suspected that Oliver would die in the series finale and that a new person would pick up the Green Arrow title.  Now, does he realy die or do they fakeout like TDKR is up in the air. 

I'm also massively in favor of Sam/Dean going out Butch and Sundance style

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

My "issue" if we can call it that is not that he said they won't be back together, that we knew already, but that he said "There's always hope for Oliver and Felicity but that hope won't be addressed in tonight's episode at all." Saying they won't address that hope = no forward movement. Or that is what I got from his interview, than if the episode will show something different I can't know.

I'm frustrated that they have been avoiding addressing what happened between them in a direct way since the break up. 

And right after that I read he said he wants Oliver to die in the series finale and that made me sad, LOL.

But I thought we've been hearing for weeks that they'll end up in a good place by the end of the finale and that there's a cemetery scene ... I guess I'm not too worried because journalists tend to make things too dramatic... Look at Natalie Abrams and how she likes to troll the fandom. 

I definitely get where you're coming from. I'd be frustrated if there wasn't any forward movement in this episode regarding their relationship... But maybe this was just a bad interview? Who knows? 

IDK I guess I'm just gonna wait till the episode airs... Unfortunately I won't be able to see it till tomorrow. But it is what it is :p

Edited by wonderwall
Just now, wonderwall said:

But I thought we've been hearing for weeks that they'll end up in a good place by the end of the finale and that there's a ... I guess I'm not too worried because journalists tend to make things too dramatic... Look at Natalie Abrams and how she likes to troll the fandom. 

I definitely get where you're coming from. I'd be frustrated if there wasn't any forward movement in this episode regarding their relationship... But maybe this was just a bad interview? Who knows? 

IDK I guess I'm just gonna wait till the episode airs... Unfortunately I won't be able to see it till tomorrow. But it is what it is :p

I have no faith in NA, LOL. But the words I quoted are from the video. It's not journalists making stuff more dramatic, it's word by word what he said.

I think this definitely wasn't one of his more optimistic (not sure how to word it) interviews but still I don't think he would say what he did if it wasn't going to happen. Anyway we will see.

• Love 1

I

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

guess I'm not too worried because journalists tend to make things too dramatic... Look at Natalie Abrams and how she likes to troll the fandom. 

This was a direct quote from SA on video though, wasn't it? Not sure there's any other way to take it but at face value. 

I think it's just a matter of they won't have a chance to get back together. I fully admit that I don't think the actors are portraying them as broken up really. I mean, honestly, they don't feel broken up to me with the exception that there would probably be less hugging and more kissing if they were still together. But that's about it.

However now that we are down to the last episode, it just feels like they haven't had a chance to have that "let's get back together" talk. And depending on what happens tonight - I wonder if that talk will happen off screen over the summer or sometime around the 100th episode? Maybe they will pull a Leonard and Penny and once they get back together - they'll just go get married in Vegas. :)

But I thought we've been hearing for weeks that they'll end up in a good place by the end of the finale and that there's a ... I guess I'm not too worried because journalists tend to make things too dramatic

SA said it in the video , so it's not a reporter's interpretation. 

Anyway, I guess we'll see in a couple hours.

Ah my bad... 

And yeah. I just think that they won't get back together, not that there won't be any forward movement. Oh well we'll see. 

Ah my bad... 

And yeah. I just think that they won't get back together, not that there won't be any forward movement. Oh well we'll see. 

(edited)

I think it's the "at all" that makes it seem particularly bad. He didn't just say the hope for O/F isn't addressed, he said it isn't addressed "AT ALL."

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've actually suspected that Oliver would die in the series finale and that a new person would pick up the Green Arrow title.  Now, does he realy die or do they fakeout like TDKR is up in the air. 

I'm also massively in favor of Sam/Dean going out Butch and Sundance style

The fact that it is a tv show and especially a CW show makes me say "happy ending". Also it's not that important what he wants but on top of everything it ruined my mood.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I think it's the "at all" that makes it seem particularly bad. He didn't just say the hope for O/F isn't addressed, he said it isn't addressed "AT ALL."

It's the "at all" that I don't like. Get back together or don't, but give me something. We're going to get 5 months of a life we won't see, and they'll either build their relationship back up or drift further apart. I suppose it could also remain the status quo, but I would like some semblance of where their relationship is heading. But I guess that's not happening. Boo.

Edited by calliope1975
wonky double posting in posts
  • Love 5
(edited)

Maybe this is a stupid question and maybe I missed it but wasn't there a spoiler that said Felicity would see how she had a part in the break-up too...

Was that supposed to be the scene with Curtis last week? Has it not yet aired? Or was it just bla bla?

Edited by Belinea
(edited)

LOL did SA really say he thinks a good series finale would be Oliver dying? WTF. Did he fall and hit his head? First he likes the baby mama crap and now that? Yeah, I want to dedicate 6 plus years of my life watching a show where the hero's journey ends with him dead.

EYE ROLL.

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

LOL did SA really say he thinks a good series finale would be Oliver dying?

Maybe he wants to make sure that once his contract is over they can never make him return. But wasn't Oliver old in the Flash timeline last year and on LoT. So that were to mean, he won't die. But then again, it was before the Flash finale. 

• Love 1

The way I feel about it is this: If you're going to feed me misery for almost a whole season, give me a nice dessert at the end of it. Don't take away the one period of time that these people get where life isn't continuously shitting on them. Seems like something terrible happens with Diggle tonight. Don't know about Thea, but I'm guessing nothing great is coming her way, either. Not sure what's going to happen with Felicity, or if she's going to stick around. Seems like we know Oliver's going to stick around Star City, what...alone? Still sleeping on a cot in a bunker? I don't like being where I was two years ago. I wasn't expecting Oliver and Felicity to be back together (I used to think that was going to happen, but I've since tempered my expectations), but I did expect something hopeful to top off the shit sundae we got with them in the back half of the year. An invite to dinner? Something? If it's not addressed at all, what even was the point? Maybe SA was trying to temper expectations, IDK. But him of all people saying it's not addressed doesn't make me feel very good about things. 

Can't wait to find out what kind of miserable tidings this cavernous space is gonna bring. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe this is a stupid question and maybe I missed it but wasn't their a spoiler that said Felicity would see how she had a part in the break-up too...

Was that supposed to be the scene with Curtis last week? Has it not yet aired? Or was it just bla bla?

I think that referred to her statement in 20 that she didn't mean it when she said he cant' change.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If it's not addressed at all, what even was the point? Maybe SA was trying to temper expectations, IDK. But him of all people saying it's not addressed doesn't make me feel very good about things. 

This. I think it's annoying me more because SA is saying it. You could always count on him to be a little hopeful with Olicity. If he's not providing any hope... I guess that's that. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

This. I think it's annoying me more because SA is saying it. You could always count on him to be a little hopeful with Olicity. If he's not providing any hope... I guess that's that. 

To play devil's advocate there's also to say that it seemed to me he went out of his way to provide zero hope about a couple of things in his interview. 

I hate that dialog tease from the writers. It doesn't make sense for Oliver & Felicity, since Felicity spoke of her love for Oliver in the present tense fairly recently, and that was after the breakup. I will truly not believe it's past tense. We know Diggle's got a reckoning coming with Lyla, but she wouldn't use past tense, would she? Donna to Noah (if he's even in this ep)? Can't be Curtis and Paul, because as far as we know they're still happily married.

Probably Felicity to Oliver, because of course.

(edited)

"You can still be the man I loved..."

LOL. Okay.

I hope that's not Felicity saying that tbh. Probably is though.

Edited by Guest
Just now, Angel12d said:

LOL. Okay.

I hope that's not Felicity saying that tbh. Probably is though.

Yeah. I'm getting the sense that's probably how this is going to go. Will be happy to be proven wrong. 

It doesn't make sense for it to be Oliver... What is he doing that isn't the 'right thing'... I feel like I'm missing something. 

It's probably Lyla to Diggle after Diggle tells her the truth about the reason why he killed Andy...

(edited)
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah. I'm getting the sense that's probably how this is going to go. Will be happy to be proven wrong. 

I'm hoping it's Felicity to Cooper instead of Felicity to Oliver. It works if it's Cooper, especially if he is in the finale.

Edited by Guest

It doesn't make sense for it to be Oliver... What is he doing that isn't the 'right thing'... I feel like I'm missing something. 

It's probably Lyla to Diggle after Diggle tells her the truth about the reason why he killed Andy...

Maybe. Do you flat-out fall out of love with someone like that over that kind of admission? Like, right away? I wouldn't buy it at all from Lyla. Like, not even if Diggle went all rage-y again. Past-tense love doesn't really make any kind of sense, unless it's Ghost!Laurel talking...for whatever reason. Or Malcolm having some idiotic vision of his dead wife. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm hoping it's Felicity to Cooper instead of Felicity to Oliver. It works if it's Cooper, especially if he is in the finale.

Is he in it? I thought Darhk was done with him once he couldn't get Rubicon back up. If he is, then yeah, I guess that could make sense.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Is he in it? I thought Darhk was done with him once he couldn't get Rubicon back up. If he is, then yeah, I guess that could make sense.

I'm not sure? The actor posted a selfie the other day asking who was watching the Arrow finale, which made it sound like he might be in it. IDK. 

Edit: See post above!

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Is he going to be shirtless then too? Just for the record, I thought it was very strange that they brought him back... 

Edited by Belinea
(edited)
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe. Do you flat-out fall out of love with someone like that over that kind of admission? Like, right away? I wouldn't buy it at all from Lyla. Like, not even if Diggle went all rage-y again. Past-tense love doesn't really make any kind of sense, unless it's Ghost!Laurel talking...for whatever reason. Or Malcolm having some idiotic vision of his dead wife. 

I think it sort of makes sense. Lyla said that there were 2 parts of Diggle. One that she married and one that she divorced. Right now Diggle isn't being the man that she loves, he's being the man that he divorced? 

IDK  :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I also hope it's Felicity to Cooper. If he's for sure in the episode, it would make a lot more sense. If it's Felicity to Oliver, I can't even fathom what Oliver would be doing wrong that would require Felicity to say this to him. It's definitely not Lyla to Diggle. She wouldn't use the past tense on him, even if Diggle tells her in the finale about his lies. 

It just doesn't make sense for it to be Oliver because he's legit the only person on the right path right now and the one with hope and the one who's giving the hopeful speeches. So yeah :p I'm pretty sure it's not him haha

More likely to be Felicity to Cooper so yeah I agree with all of you there

• Love 2

If it is Felicity to Cooper: Aren't we all glad that the episode finds time to deal with a relationship that nobody probably cares about...

Well 2,5 hours to go

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah. My annoyance clouded my brain. Haha. It definitely doesn't make sense for it to be about Oliver. I can't see Lyla saying it either tbh. Loved? Past tense? Nah.

Felicity to Cooper works because she loved him once and she could be trying to implore him to help her stop the missiles. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If it is Felicity to Cooper: Aren't we all glad that the episode finds time to deal with a relationship that nobody probably cares about...

Well 2,5 hours to go

But if it IS Felicity to Cooper... This will be Felicity trying to talk Cooper out of doing something really evil and help her take down the 15k missiles. It's not them actually dealing with their issues...She'd be appealing to his emotional side or whatever's left of it to help save the world.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
(edited)

Felicity to Cooper would make sense but why would she talk about their relationship at this point? He kidnapped and tried to kill her last year, it's not like talking about her opinion of him is going to make an impression.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Felicity to Cooper would make sense but why would she talk about their relationship at this point? He kidnapped and tried to kill her last year, it's not like talking about her opinion of him is going to make an impression.

Have you watched this show? Haha. Knowing these writers, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote that line specifically for a twitter tease to get people all in a tizzy. 

AND IT WORKED, OKAY. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Imaginary Black Canary to Oliver! :-)

Be gone, DEMON!

:P

Man, all of the spoilers have certainly depressed everyone over on Twitter.  I'm still waiting to see what happens before I write things off altogether.  Then again I've always been in the group of people who didn't want O/F back together by the finale.  That's not to say that I didn't want at least some indication that they're working their way back to each other, but I think I'd rather see it slowly develop in S5 rather than miss it altogether in the hiatus (like last year).  I doubt we're going to get a big reconciliation scene in this episode due to the big cliffhanger setup, but I don't think Stephen's comment means there won't be any hints/hope for O/F going forward.  I take his quote to mean they aren't fully back together yet which I'm perfectly okay with.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, NumberCruncher said:

Man, all of the spoilers have certainly depressed everyone over on Twitter.  I'm still waiting to see what happens before I write things off altogether.  Then again I've always been in the group of people who didn't want O/F back together by the finale.  That's not to say that I didn't want at least some indication that they're working their way back to each other, but I think I'd rather see it slowly develop in S5 rather than miss it altogether in the hiatus (like last year).  I doubt we're going to get a big reconciliation scene in this episode due to the big cliffhanger setup, but I don't think Stephen's comment means there won't be any hints/hope for O/F going forward.  I take his quote to mean they aren't fully back together yet which I'm perfectly okay with.

PROBLEM: Barry's reset of the universe has the potential to fuck it ALL up.

I'm betting it's another Laurel flashback when he's on the island OR  we see whatever it was that Laurel said to Oliver off screen that we didn't see 11:59.

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Edited by catrox14
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

PROBLEM: Barry's reset of the universe has the potential to fuck it ALL up.

Which we don't know will happen yet or what will happen in the finale for that matter.  I get people's anxiety over the spoilers but I still need to actually see it before freaking out.  If it sucks well then I reserve the right to bring all of the pitchforks, haha.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NumberCruncher said:

Which we don't know will happen yet or what will happen in the finale for that matter.  I get people's anxiety over the spoilers but I still need to actually see it before freaking out.  If it sucks well then I reserve the right to bring all of the pitchforks, haha.

I prefer my pre-freaking out strategy so that I'm not blindsided when stupid shit happens. LOL

• Love 2