Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Basically 409 looks like  - Fresh Air & Sunlight. We're all gonna die. Speech. Party. OQ goes swimming in FB almost dies by shark. We're all gonna die again. Light a tree. Speech. Proposal. Limo. Who died, no really its not a drill this time, somebody died (wink, wink).

• Love 1

According to SA's Facebook Q&A Oliver does parkouring and jumping on moving vehicles in 4x12 (praise) and he speaks Arabic again. When has he ever spoken Arabic?

He also gets bitten by a shark in 4x09 and whispers, 'I'm coming for you' to someone. Or something similar, I didn't go back to check the exact quote. It's likely to Felicity through the glass, explaining the whispered I love you as well, I think.

Based on that latest promo in the Spoiler thread, it looks like Oliver whispers it to Damian Darhk in an angry voice.

Didn't OQ/AlSaHim speak arabic in s3? That's the only time I can think that he may have spoken Arabic on the show before. I wonder if its just a mystical incantation he knows the happens to be Arabic. I doubt OQ would be fluent in Arabic, since the writers seem to want to dumb him down. And have forgotten the other languages he was fluent in.

Oliver spoke a few phrases of Arabic when he was with the League of Assassins in season 3. It wasn't clear - to me, at least - if he learned these phrases while with the LoA or if he already knew Arabic.

I am kinda hoping that this magic stuff can be used to wave a wand over Oliver and give him the linguistic skills in Mandarin, Russian, Spanish and I guess Arabic that he's now supposed to have, even if the showrunners sometimes forget that he has it. I know that's cheating, but I'll accept it.

Oliver is so good at languages, he picked up Arabic in the three weeks Ra's was brainwashing and torturing him in Nanda Parbat.

My favourite part of the clip is when DD fries the TV listening to Oliver's speech.

Honestly the more I think about how the kid was handled in 4x08 and where they are in the plot, the more I think the whole thing is stupid.
Because of Oliver keeping the kid a secret from everyone we won't get Oliver's thoughts on having a kid. Which was something that they really glossed over in the last episode.

I'm still holding out hope that he talks to Diggle about it.  Probably not in this episode because it's too full but one of the early one of next year (4.10 - 4.12) before Felicity finds out.

Their first wedding is obviously not going to get off without a hitch, I imagine its gonna be a Bratva thing or the NP marriage that reeks havoc on it.

Noooooo!  Castle ruined that scenario for me.  Mostly because the second wedding was so sucky.

I'm so weak. I love and adore Oliver and Felicity. I want so badly to forget episode 8 happened. SO BADLY.

It'll probably be easy to forget about it tomorrow, but after that, when they start planting seeds for the potential fallout? Not so much, unfortunately. 

• Love 2

I'm still holding out hope that he talks to Diggle about it.  

Only if Diggle punches him repeatedly in the face. Hard. I'm now down with the break-up because Felicity deserves better. I am curious how TPTB are going to want me to have them get back together - other than SA does a really good kicked puppy face. What's the call on when they'll get back together? 420?

• Love 7

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow night's episode at all.  I'm hoping that the negative responses to the secrets and lies BM storyline caused the EPs to add in a last-minute scene of Oliver telling Felicity the truth, but I don't actually believe that's going to happen.  Tomorrow night, I'm guessing that lots of terrible things will happen to Felicity, Oliver will propose without telling her the truth, and she will say yes before she is gravely injured in the final minutes of the episode.  Then, in a truly epic redux of the Laurel, Sara, Lance season 3 secrets and lies plotline, Oliver won't be able to bring himself to tell Felicity about the secret kid because of her delicate health or whatever.  I thought Laurel was basically a shit last season for keeping Sara's death a secret from her father, but compared to Oliver, she had a more valid excuse: fear of Lance's heart exploding.  Whatever happens to Felicity (wheelchair-bound?), I don't see any good excuse for Oliver to keep this secret from her.  This stupid storyline has the potential, for me, to completely ruin the character of Oliver Queen.  Anytime he interacts with Felicity, it will be tainted by the fact that he's a lying liar who lies.  God, I will hate it so much if this is how things end up shaking out.  

• Love 6

I'll toss in Calculated Risk

Love it. I feel like that would have been a great title for 412, but we'll see if Unchained has anything to do with the plot. Since they haven't shared the title yet and they've definitely started production a while ago, I'm going with the idea that the title has some spoiler/major hint in it to go along with the idea that everything is going down in that episode, like apinknightmare said. Maybe not too on the nose like Sins of the Father, but honestly, it kind of fits.

I'll toss in Calculated Risk

I like it! It will be doubly ironic if this is the episode their genius (enter eye roll) idea of OQ lying comes to fruition and FS finds out about love child. Because their calculations on the risk to write that decision were so far off and its gonna rightly blow up in their faces. The dramatic blowback from their dumb decisions is probably going to taint my excitement for PapaSmoak.

Is there a a way to fake high five the writers? So that I can really just whack'em cross the back of the head...

Lying was both Oliver's Calculated Risk and his Miscalculation. Both those titles are awesome.

What's the call on when they'll get back together? 420?

That's roughly where Felicity becomes a real character again (s2) or they start getting back together (s3) although it isn't till ep 23 that the fat lady sings.

I'm guessing death in 419 which brings them back together in 420(ish) and a re-proposal in 423. Just in time for the big 100th Episode Wedding/FlarrowLOT crossover.

Olicity really might be tainted for me now:

1. Proposal ruined due to stupid lie.

2. Reconciliation will seem more reactive to the death than to two people working through their relationship issues.

3. Proposal redux won't feel earned yet (see #2).

Lying was both Oliver's Calculated Risk and his Miscalculation. Both those titles are awesome.

That's roughly where Felicity becomes a real character again (s2) or they start getting back together (s3) although it isn't till ep 23 that the fat lady sings.

I like those titles a lot. I'll submit Zero Sum.

• Love 3

Olicity really might be tainted for me now:

1. Proposal ruined due to stupid lie.

2. Reconciliation will seem more reactive to the death than to two people working through their relationship issues.

3. Proposal redux won't feel earned yet (see #2).

This is what I've been thinking. Felicity is going to find out, Oliver is not going to tell her. Are we going to see him visiting and bonding with his child (and BM) in CC while Felicity is possibly recovering/working hard at her day job and for TA back in SC and all the while funding his campaign because she thinks they're creating a life together?

If it does play out something like this, this lie by omission will likely turn off a lot of fans of this couple. No matter how tptb 'decide' to eventually resolve their differences. 

• Love 2

WM basically said that Felicity would find out on her own in a post show interview last week - Oliver's not going to tell her. If I had to guess, he'll try to tell her, get interrupted by something terrible, and then she'll be recovering or whatever and he'll not want to add to her burden or something lame like that.

Still don't see how Oliver's stupid enough to go visit William after he publicly makes a move against HIVE as Oliver Queen, and even if he IS that stupid, I don't see how #1 Oliver Queen Google alert subscriber BM lets him anywhere near the kid. That would be even more ridiculous to me than the secrets and lies requirement. 

I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

WM basically said that Felicity would find out on her own in a post show interview last week - Oliver's not going to tell her. If I had to guess, he'll try to tell her, get interrupted by something terrible, and then she'll be recovering or whatever and he'll not want to add to her burden or something lame like that.

Still don't see how Oliver's stupid to go visit William after he publicly makes a move against HIVE as Oliver Queen, and even if he IS that stupid, I don't see how #1 Oliver Queen Google alert subscriber BM lets him anywhere near the kid. That would be even more ridiculous to me than the secrets and lies requirement. 

Seriously, if, after all that goes down in tomorrow's episode, BM doesn't take off with her kid and change both their names, she is an idiot. 

• Love 4

Still don't see how Oliver's stupid enough to go visit William after he publicly makes a move against HIVE as Oliver Queen, and even if he IS that stupid, I don't see how #1 Oliver Queen Google alert subscriber BM lets him anywhere near the kid. That would be even more ridiculous to me than the secrets and lies requirement. 

OMG this had me ROTFL it is perfection: "I don't see how #1 Oliver Queen Google alert subscriber BM"

• Love 1

I'm wondering just how much they thought this through. If Oliver does the smart thing and stays away from the kid, then I can't see it prompting anything more than a discussion between Oliver and Felicity. It certainly shouldn't lead to a break up. Basically they need Oliver to pile on the lies. That means they need Oliver to experience the events of 4x09 and still think it's a good idea to sneak away to CC.

ETA: I've posted a variation of these thoughts before, but honestly. THE STUPID.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I see the problems with this potential breakup. It seems like the only decisions lead Olicity down more awful roads with each turn. However, I wonder, what's going on the rest of the plot for 4b? I'm guessing that we find out DD's plan tomorrow, but what is the team's actual plan for moving forward? Yeah, the team obviously escapes death from the glass chamber, but what stops DD from coming after Felicity again to finish the job or even from going after more of the team or William and his mother? Besides this whole secret kid plot, I've got no idea what's going on next. For all I know, there might not be as much time for the secret kid problem.

4x13 is shaping up to be interesting.

Is Lance going to play Step-PapaSmoak?

A girl needs to get her father-figure from somewhere! Also, is that a ring on her hand if you zoom in close?

Edited: OK, so I'm not the only one who saw it. Thanks, apinknightmare

Edited by way2interested

I think it's the light. It also looks to me like she has some major tan lines going on. And a ring on her finger. 

Holy shit you. are. observant. as. hell. 

*HIGH FIVE*

That also means one of two things:

• Oliver still hasn't told her/ she still hasn't found out
  • They're working it out together

Please let it be the latter

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

I legit cannot see a ring on her finger. At all. 

After s2 I always wanted more Quentin and Felicity scenes but now I really don't care. Shame really. I guess it's nice to mix things up though.

I hate that damn limo and the freaking dark water around them for it to fall in probably after Damien's Ghostly goons shoot the hell up out of it. Why show why for once I'd love for Arrow to do a mid-season finale that ended on a happy scene. People will return to see those just as much as they will a sad one when the show resumes. Oh well might as well brace myself and my buddy Jack Daniels for tomorrows episode! Happy Merry Christmas too me. Those Arrow writers are straight up bastards who all will probably get coal in their damn stockings!

Edited by Ann Mack

Wow. Everyone is going to be drinking tomorrow night. The episode discussion thread is going to be VERY entertaining. LOL

I'm find myself hoping that we've gotten everything wrong and the episode will be full of surprises.

• Love 6