Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

404 is the fifth episode (airing fifth) and 405 is the fourth episode (airing fourth).  The episode numbers are production order codes, not airing order codes. Apparently they had to shoot the fifth episode before the fourth episode for some reason.

Edited by tv echo

Total spec, but I'm getting the feeling from those Barrowman tweets that they [Laurel and Lance] went behind Merlyn's back and used the pit when he wasn't looking.

I thought Barrowman was goofing around.  He even tagged the CW_Arrow and TheCW in his tweet.

If those two Lances managed to get to the LP without help, I will laugh for days. The S3 tradition of making the LOA tough as jello will be upheld.

I was hoping for more BTS stuff from this episode. Pic of Matt Ryan with the cast, a pic of SA and CL, CL with EBR, etc. But just the usual.

• Love 4

Base, HQ, Control, Command all of those would work, if they don't want to give Felicity a specific code-name.  Which I kind of call BS about, I think WM's comment is deflecting, only because I'm 90% certain they fully intended to use Oracle as Felicity's code-name back in 305.  I'm pretty sure MG even admitted as much last year.

I wonder if they are holding out on a codename for Felicity until they can convince DC to let them use Oracle for her. They can be very persistent when they want to be.

• Love 1

Also because it's only PB and KC who took that photo meaning no one else (OQ, JD, FS, TQ, Nyssa) were there so they had to have done it behind MMs and everyone else's back. They probably dug up Sara's rotting body, brought said rotting body on the plane her rotting body would stink up, and then stripped her rotting body naked and just threw her in the pit whilst no one was looking. 

I emphasize rotting body because already Sara's resurrection sounds ridiculous to me. And I'm already annoyed at QL and LL for all this. 

• Love 4

Yeah, but Barrowman seems to be in LA? So he's not in these particular scenes. The lack of Merlyn in Nanda Parbat scenes pinged my spec bug. :)

oh.  I didn't know he was in LA.  I thought he was on set with them.  I guess it's possible they went behind his back.  But how the hell did the two of them manage to sneak in Sara's dead body?  I mean, I know the LoA are a joke but if you're going to keep them around you can't make them such a blatantly obvious joke.  I could see it if KL/Nyssa was there but I don't think she was filming for 404.

I wonder if they are holding out on a codename for Felicity until they can convince DC to let them use Oracle for her. They can be very persistent when they want to be.

If I had to guess, I would say that is never, ever going to happen.

oh.  I didn't know he was in LA.  I thought he was on set with them.  I guess it's possible they went behind his back.  But how the hell did the two of them manage to sneak in Sara's dead body? 

IDK, but they did mention in the comics that there were consequences to using the LP without permission, and that it would be addressed on the show - I've been waiting for that to happen. Just the thought of Laurel and Quentin trudging through the desert for a mile and somehow managing to get into the compound and then dip Sara's disgusting, rotting corpse in the LP makes me laugh for days. I hope that's not how it happens.

Wasn't there something in the 2.5 comics about using the pit without permission? I feel like that might mean something now.

Season 3 made the LOA a joke and not at all intimidating if Laurel can beat them up. I'm sure anyone can just waltz into Nanda Parbat and just hang out, light a billion candles and walk out without anyone noticing they were there. 

Now how those two managed to get Sara's rotting corpse there is something I can't believe. That's why I still wish it was Rip that brought Sara back not any of the Arrow characters. 

Edited by Sakura12

Also because it's only PB and KC who took that photo meaning no one else (OQ, JD, FS, TQ, Nyssa) were there so they had to have done it behind MMs and everyone else's back. They probably dug up Sara's rotting body, brought said rotting body on the plane her rotting body would stink up, and then stripped her rotting body naked and just threw her in the pit whilst no one was looking. 

I emphasize rotting body because already Sara's resurrection sounds ridiculous to me. And I'm already annoyed at QL and LL for all this. 

We know that SA filmed with KC yesterday so I wonder when that photo was taken.

Are SA, DR and EBR hiding from the camera? Other then a couple pics earlier on, they have been absent. I want more.

We know that SA filmed with KC yesterday so I wonder when that photo was taken.

Are SA, DR and EBR hiding from the camera? Other then a couple pics earlier on, they have been absent. I want more.

That's why I think tweets and onset photos from actors are more trouble then they're worth (most times).  I think they lead fans down the wrong roads more often than not.

• Love 2

I suppose they could've just been visiting the set and wanted to take a pic in front of the Lazarus pit. 

Maybe, who knows?  I'm going to assume they filmed a scene or scenes at the LP.  However, I'm not going to assume that they were the only two filming scenes in NP or at the LP just because we don't see anyone else in that tweet/pic.  That's where I think we get into trouble.

• Love 1

If I had to guess, I would say that is never, ever going to happen.

Yeah, from the vitriol i hear spewed whenever this even gets a mention, I don't think DC will go there which is confusing because I thought when they rebooted their comics and put Barbara Gotdon back in the Batgirl mask that they were actively looking for a new character to step in to the name Oracle. Seems they changed their minds (or those early reports were wrong).

I'm wondering if the Lances went to DD for help. He probably can access Nanda Parbat, since he was runner up on America's Next Ra's Al Ghul.

Doesn't he have his own portable LP full of water he stole from Ra's in a U-Haul? He probably puts that water in a kiddie pool in is backyard for an occasional dip. They should just go to him.

• Love 2

Since they are delving into mysticism, maybe they find a way to bring Sara back without dragging her whole corpse. Maybe just key parts like heart or head?

And now I'm giggling at the ghoulish bag of body parts they would have to carry. It's still going to stink to high heaven. Maybe they can do product placement for Fabreeze air freshener.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Doesn't he have his own portable LP full of water he stole from Ra's in a U-Haul? He probably puts that water in a kiddie pool in is backyard for an occasional dip. They should just go to him.

Right. I forgot about that. Maybe this isn't Nanda Parbat, but a replica DD built because it's not the same, going into the LP if it doesn't look culturally appropriated.

Well Comic Ra's was going to drop Bruce Wayne's parents in the pits so years dead can obviously happen. But Batman fought with all he had to prevent it.

When The Black Canary went into the pit her Canary cry and ability to have kids was restore but she wasn't actually dead when put in. Critical but even less dead than Thea.

Well Comic Ra's was going to drop Bruce Wayne's parents in the pits so years dead can obviously happen. But Batman fought with all he had to prevent it.

Oh yeah, dead can definitely happen. Just the thought of it to me is so gross, since Sara's been dead a year, and wasn't properly embalmed or anything. They buried her in an unsealed wooden box, I mean...the state of her would just be ungodly.

Total spec, but I'm getting the feeling from those Barrowman tweets that they [Laurel and Lance] went behind Merlyn's back and used the pit when he wasn't looking.

How does one do that though? How do you infiltrate the den of highly trained assassins and use their magical hot tub without them knowing it? 

Then again, how does a lawyer with nothing but boxing classes supplemented by a few training sessions with the former Heir to the Demon, successfully take down league trained assassins, a few weeks after being beaten soundly by run of the mill street thugs?

Sigh. This show is so good but when it's bad, man is it bad. 

• Love 1

Frankly, from the moment Sara came in in Season 2 and it was clear that she was meant to be the real Black Canary (and they gave her just about every single comic character trait that was identified with BC), that read as a pretty big slap in the face to the Laurel character, because it was clear that the writers knew and had decided that the BC character needed to go to somebody else.

But, having decided that, they were also stuck with Laurel, so they tried to twist things around to fit as best as they could, and that will always leave the impression that the real BC on the show is someone named Sara Lance, who did not exist in the comics and simply took over the identity of the character who was supposed to belong to someone else.

So that's pretty damn convoluted, but they're stuck with that tangled up history now. If they had figured out a way to rename Sara "Dinah" or something, that would have gone a long way towards fixing it, since that's a bit closer to paralleling the comics history of there being two BC's, one mother and daughter, but in this universe they could be sisters.

I don't put it past the writers to make "Dinah" part of SL's name during the ressurection scene. Esp now that spoilers heavily suggest a Lance involvement. I can see the writers using the LP scene as a way to solidify LL as BC and absolve her from whatever guilt she feels for SLs death and her subsequent SWFing of her sister's life.

This LP dip is everyone's shot at redemption. Its their big mea culpa to the audience. Sadly, it won't change the fact that Arrow is losing a really good canary to the spinoff for whatever version/model (good or bad) of LL/BC we get this season.

I don't put it past the writers to make "Dinah" part of SL's name during the ressurection scene. Esp now that spoilers heavily suggest a Lance involvement. I can see the writers using the LP scene as a way to solidify LL as BC and absolve her from whatever guilt she feels for SLs death and her subsequent SWFing of her sister's life.

This LP dip is everyone's shot at redemption. Its their big mea culpa to the audience. Sadly, it won't change the fact that Arrow is losing a really good canary to the spinoff for whatever version/model (good or bad) of LL/BC we get this season.

I pretty much expect a scene where before she leaves to tour spin-off land, Sara joins the in-show crescendo of approval for LL donning a mask. Felicity, Diggle, Roy and eventually Oliver all had to give their blessing, now it'll be Sara's turn, as who better than the woman whose life critics claim was seemingly stolen to stamp out any allegations of Single White Femaling (to the EP's mind at least)

I fully expect the showrunners to hit us over head with a scene so clunky that no-one can miss the fact that Sara approves of LL's choice to take up crime fighting in her honour. It'll be like the passing of the jacket scene but worse. I expect references to LL always having a light within her and gratuitous use of the word "hero', with a "LL always trying to save the world" thrown in for good measure.

• Love 9

I pretty much expect a scene where before she leaves to tour spin-off land, Sara joins the in-show crescendo of approval for LL donning a mask. Felicity, Diggle, Roy and eventually Oliver all had to give their blessing, now it'll be Sara's turn, as who better than the woman whose life critics claim was seemingly stolen to stamp out any allegations of Single White Femaling (to the EP's mind at least)

I fully expect the showrunners to hit us over head with a scene so clunky that no-one can miss the fact that Sara approves of LL's choice to take up crime fighting in her honour. It'll be like the passing of the jacket scene but worse. I expect references to LL always having a light within her and gratuitous use of the word "hero', with a "LL always trying to save the world" thrown in for good measure.

Don't forget about Tommy's/CD's annual visit. They'll bring him back from the dead in a vision/dream/flashback just so he can give his blessing too. Edited by kismet
  • Love 4

Silly logic... Nobody reads important documents on this show. Especially not to sign them - that's unnecessary for plot purposes. :)

Also competency & capacity, those are trivial matters that don't need to be addressed. :)

Crazy is all relative on this show. One week you're crazy...next week you're of sound mind. Listen to the plot there you will find the truth :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 6

I'm probably irrationally annoyed that they killed off Moira who had so much more story to tell, to bring other women that are her same age range to essentially be Moira 2.0 .  I'm all for introducing more women that are over 40 into the show but they killed off the best one.  Sorry that's been really eating at me.

• Love 6

Glad to hear Antonio Negret is heading back. Would that be for 4x04, or 4x06 because he needs to prepare?

He probably can access Nanda Parbat, since he was runner up on America's Next Ra's Al Ghul.

That pretty much says it all about the Ra's al Ghul and LoA arc last season.

While we and Oliver know that DD was runner-up and has his own supply of unholy water, I think it's too soon for it to be common knowledge to the rest of the Team though.

Yeah, from the vitriol i hear spewed whenever this even gets a mention, I don't think DC will go there which is confusing because I thought when they rebooted their comics and put Barbara Gotdon back in the Batgirl mask that they were actively looking for a new character to step in to the name Oracle. Seems they changed their minds (or those early reports were wrong).

DC has such a bizarre relationship with the TV shows.  They want them, IMO they need them, but they want to save all their good stuff for the movies.  Watching Deadshot's flashbacks and getting killed in Suicidal Tendencies (his, I presume), made me want to knock their heads together at DC for taking him off the TV board.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Taking them off the TV board makes no sense, their universes are not connected! Marvel can't have two characters because their movie and tv shows are in the same universe. DC doesn't have that issue. They are just being weird about it. 

• Love 6

I've been thinking about this lately while watching Justice League. I just keep thinking - wouldn't a live action version of this show be amazing?

While on one hand I get it - a blockbuster movie probably makes them a lot more money than a TV show does - I still don't get why it applies to some characters and not others. The Suicide Squad thing for one. Why did that affect Arrow but at the same time we have a Flash movie coming out and no-one's acting like we need to cancel GG's version. IDGI.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

Now I want to know how he goes from wanted vigilante to mayor candidate. But I suppose Moira went from complicit in deaths of over 500 people to mayor candidate so it makes sense really. 

Now I want to know how he goes from wanted vigilante to mayor candidate. But I suppose Moira went from complicit in deaths of over 500 people to mayor candidate so it makes sense really. 

He was cleared though, and the citizens of Star(ling) can't even operate their vehicles property when the power goes out, so...

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

And also this just confirms to me that we're gonna get baby mama drama this season. Can't run for mayor without finding out some scandalous secrets. UGH. 

Edited by Guest