Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Vogt has seen the episode and is answering questions on twitter again. Apparently its another 'painful, tear-jerker, emotional episode.' 

I think the audience is now numb to those.

• Love 9

Do we know that they have a jet?  When Nyssa and Sara left at the end of season 2, they went by boat.

Why would anyone got by boat when they've got a jet?

cause masogynistic ras would not want to let nyssa use his jet to fetch the interloper?
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder who's gonna die this time.

Let's see, there's oliver who is "dead" and we will listen to that 100 times. So maybe it's just that?

Probably Maseo. Definitely Akio. Probably some heart wrenching present day discussion between tatsu/Maseo about akio's death and the rift between them. Maybe a parallel bt tatsu and how she lost him with akio's death and oliver/Felicity?

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, Tiffany Vogt (@TVWatchtower) is on Twitter talking about the ep, and it sounds like it's gonna be a really uplifting rainbowfest of happiness.

She describes the episode like this:

Tragic, terrifying, tortuous.

That sums up this season, too.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

It's tragic how much the quality of the show dipped. 

It's terrifying because we're still on board (barely) and the show can suck even more next season.

It's torturous how much crap the writers are having us wade through. 

• Love 9

I'm wondering if this is Oliver to Nyssa (I hope so, because that will mean that they have a chance to chat and plot):

QUOTE:  “When I am Ra’s, I can release you from your oath."

I'm still hoping the wedding gets cut short and there's no marriage between them, but that's looking less and less likely because we can't have nice things.

• Love 5

I think it could be Oliver to Maseo, or even Malcolm, but I'd like it to be Nyssa.

I do take this lady's feelings about the show with a grain of salt because her impressions of 320 didn't exactly match up with mine, so as far as tragedy: obviously Akio is dying in this episode, and maybe Tatsu and Maseo talk about it again.

Why would the wedding make her cry? Uhhhh...I dunno, maybe she's as overinvested in Olicity as some people here are. *cough* Or maybe KL and SA really sell the angst of not wanting to be in this situation and feeling scared and shitty about their lives. Oliver makes me cry regularly, so it wouldn't take much.

• Love 2

Someone asked her if the wedding is consummated and she says SOMETHING BIGGER COMES UP. I have a dirty mind because it totally went there. LOL

Her answers about the wedding don't jive with MG as usual. Grain of salt indeed. Though I do believe her that the episode will be painful. Not for the same reasons I'm sure.

• Love 2
(edited)

I love that someone asked if the wedding was consummated and it seems like a no, so at least there's that.

I was worried about her when she said the wedding scene was beautiful. Thank god she clarified that she meant "aesthetically."

Edited by apinknightmare

Did Nyssa make an oath?  I think it's Oliver to Maseo, assuming that Maseo isn't an ARGUS agent.

@TVWatchtower Are there good Olicity scenes tomorrow?

@hotsforolicity - Maybe one, but not the kind you are thinking of.

Groan.  If everything is going to be so dark and dismal, at least they could give us a couple of good Olicity scenes.  If the Raylicity scene is better than the Olicity one, I will throw things at my TV.

“She had a wit and a fire about her that I found I could not live without.”

The weird wording sounds like Ra's.  Did he save his wife after all?

“You will always be held captive by your love for each other.”

Ra's turns on Oliver? Or on Nyssa for being too weak?

“Surrender or die.”

“I need you to trust me.”

Oliver, leading to Felicity's outcry of "you asked us to trust you".

“You made me want to be the man you saw through your eyes.”

Maseo to Tatsu?  Roy to Thea?  Ray to Felicity?  Too cheesey for it to be Oliver to Felicity.

“I’m sorry, I forgot the flag.”

Ray upon landing in Nanda Parbat?  Or Laurel snarking.

You know.. Watching that clip, Oliver is totally messing with Ra's and that just reminds me of that recap from wewatchfortheplot by Kerry or whoever. I think she said something along the lines of being tired of Diggle and Felicity's unwavering faith in Oliver and his ability to not be brainwashed... I guess she was wrong and Diggle and Felicity were right in their faith and that sort of gives me a sense of satisfaction :p

• Love 4

YAAASSSS I knew Oliver was faking it. SQUEE.

But I have to say I cannot believe the leaked that clip. Gods the CW promo monkeys are so stupid. Last week the pieced together two completely different scenes to make a joke in Supernatural that was never even in the script.

weaksauce.

(edited)

lmao she literally said watching Diggle and Felicity's steadfast faith in Oliver was hard to watch because of just how wrong they were...

Well, I for one really liked that they had faith in Oliver and didn't drop him like a hot potato like Laurel did. 

It's hard to read a recap when you know just how wrong the recapper is...

ETA. This may have been the snarkiest post I've ever made on here. Yikes

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

lmao she literally said watching Diggle and Felicity's steadfast faith in Oliver was hard to watch because of just how wrong they were...

Well, I for one really liked that they had faith in Oliver and didn't drop him like a hot potato like Laurel did. 

It's hard to read a recap when you know just how wrong the recapper is...

ETA. This may have been the snarkiest post I've ever made on here. Yikes

Embrace the snark and free your soul :-)

• Love 6
(edited)

I wonder what type of ceremony it's going to be. I mean last season I thought league members were muslims because one of them recited a muslim prayer before dying and then Ra's too when he "killed" Oliver but from the stills we got of the ceremony ... I'm confused. Is the religion part of the initiation or was it just a coincidence because the majority is for geographical reasons?

Edited by steeledwithakiss

Until I see one of those Indiana Jones style maps tracking a little plane going from Starling City to Nanda Parbat and showing Nanda Parbat in Asia, I am sticking with my theory that Nanda Parbat is in Oregon, or maybe Wyoming, and the religion practiced there is the time honored, deeply meaningful, highly ritualistic one of We Are Making This Up On The Spot. 

• Love 21
(edited)

A whole slew of quotes from 322 in this post.

Soo, I guess it's time for the guessing game?

QUOTE:  “If there is even the possibility of this kind of danger to my city, I’m reporting for duty.” Diggle or Lyla

QUOTE:  “I don’t think this is something you can run away from.” Ray or Oliver to Nyssa

QUOTE:  “You will always be held captive by your love for each other.” Sounds like Diggle but could also be Buckles to Felicity... on second thought Tatsu.

QUOTE:  “The only thing I know right now is I need to be with

.” Oliver or Felicity about each other (Hey let me dream okay?!)

QUOTE:  “There is no him left.” Tatsu

QUOTE:  “I will always love you.” Tatsu or Maseo.

QUOTE:  “I’m sorry,

, for everything.” Oliver to Diggle or Maseo to Tatsu. could also be Malcolm.

QUOTE:  “I would rather die than wed this pretender.” Nyssa.. but we've already been spoiled.

QUOTE:  “I can’t believe you’re still alive.” I literally have no idea. Maybe buckles?

QUOTE:  “You have this little cloud following you around.” Tatsu to Felicity or someone to Felicity or Oliver. 

QUOTE:  “Maybe we shouldn’t cross that line.” Diggle?

QUOTE:  “You’re my friend. I’m always going to be there for you.” Diggle!

QUOTE:  “When I am Ra’s, I can release you from your oath.” Oliver.

QUOTE:  “I don’t like the idea he can summon us.” Felicity or Diggle, the entire team being summoned by Ra's.

QUOTE:  “Don’t even play with our emotions like that.” Buckles.

QUOTE:  “Your city is in great danger.” Tatsu

QUOTE:  “I am not playing a game here.” Oliver

QUOTE:  “He’s lied to us so many times it should be a drinking game.” Felicity, for sure.

QUOTE:  “You speak to me as if I am a monster.” Ra's or Malcolm

QUOTE:  “She had a wit and a fire about her that I found I could not live without.” Ra's to Nyssa about her mother, or Nyssa about Sara.

QUOTE:  “His last thought before

was of you.” Maseo or Tatsu about Akio.

QUOTE:  “If you believe that, fight for him.” Tatsu (wasn't this spoiled?)

QUOTE:  “True art is never finished, only abandoned.” sounds like Malcolm.

QUOTE:  “Don’t make my mistake.” Maseo.

QUOTE:  “You think they rent horses here?” Ray or Felicity.

QUOTE:  “It’s not too late to come back to me.” Tatsu or Felicity

QUOTE:  “You know I wouldn’t have done the same thing for you.” Nyssa?

QUOTE:  “You should see the other guy!” Malcolm or Diggle

QUOTE:  “Surrender or die.” Oliver (as was spoiled)

QUOTE:  “If any of you speak, we’re all going to die.” Malcolm.

QUOTE:  “I need you to trust me.” Oliver.

QUOTE:  “This is so beautiful, yet so dangerous.” Ra's?

QUOTE:  “You made me want to be the man you saw through your eyes.” Oliver or Maseo.

QUOTE:  “Things are worse than we thought.” Felicity?

QUOTE:  “I had to do it for Oliver.” Felicity.

QUOTE:  “Nanda Parbat is not the easiest place to infiltrate.” Malcolm?

QUOTE:  “You got it to fly, what more do you want?” Flashback?

QUOTE:  “Malcolm, we need help.” Diggle.

QUOTE:  “From my prison, there is no escape.” Ra's

QUOTE:  “I’m sorry, I forgot the flag.” Ray or maybe Felicity.

Y'all that vial is full of Evian or Aquafina! 

Evian? the water that may as well be made of diamonds, where a 1.5L bottle costs easily $2.5(depending on where you at in the US)? (this is the time to admit that I drink Evian). that vial is full of what ever is on tap.

Edited by foreverevolving

Just read Tiffany Vogt's tweets about 3x22. More darkness, pain, tears and torture. Excellent, just what I was hoping for because it's been so damn cheery lately :(

I'm so confused, they actually do want me to watch right?

• Love 11

“If there is even the possibility of this kind of danger to my city, I’m reporting for duty.” -  This is so much Ray:

“You’re my friend. I’m always going to be there for you.”  Sadly also probably Ray

“I don’t like the idea he can summon us.”  Someone ( Felicity?) about Malcolm

“You speak to me as if I am a monster.”  Ra’s - cause only the monster can't see himself as one.

“She had a wit and a fire about her that I found I could not live without.”  Nyssa about Sara I hope but since it comes after the monster line, it could be Ra's

“Don’t make my mistake.”  Tatsu to Felicity (about not fighting for Maseo)

• Love 1

Do all these released quotes mean that they did another press screening? Or are these just from advanced copies given to the press so they can do/release their write-ups earlier? Is that normal for the penultimate episode? I don't think I remember this much push/help from the media to tease the episodes compared to last year. I wonder if the CW/EPs are more than a little worried with how this season's arcs are being received.

“I will always love you.” Thea or Roy to each other

“I’m sorry,

, for everything.” Thea to Roy or Maseo to Tatsu

“I can’t believe you’re still alive.” Thea to Roy

“When I am Ra’s, I can release you from your oath.” Nyssa or Oliver (because I really want them to be cohorts in devising a plan against Ra's)

“He’s lied to us so many times it should be a drinking game.” Felicity about Malcolm

“I had to do it for Oliver.” Roy

“If there is even the possibility of this kind of danger to my city, I’m reporting for duty.” -  This is so much Ray:

“You’re my friend. I’m always going to be there for you.”  Sadly also probably Ray

You're probably right about these. The first one sounds vaguely cheesy with a dash of ~superhero posturing so yeah, it's Palmer. The second quote is, of course, to show how much of a cool and nice guy Palmer is even though Felicity broke his heart. Do I sound snarky toward Palmer? I don't mean to be.

So, if Tiffany Vogt says that "There is a wedding, but it would be a spoiler to reveal if it is completed" and MG said that the ceremony "finishes" and "reaches a conclusion," does that mean that, just as it ends, it gets interrupted leaving us (and them) unsure if Nyssa and Oliver really did end up married by League standards? Oy, this forced nuptials confuses me so. By the way, was Maseo present at the ceremony in any of the promos? I don't think I saw him. Unless he was all covered up like the rest of the League men/women.

I'm going to speculate that there's something in Felicity's body bag that helps them out of their situation, like a bomb or something. I don't think she's wearing the bag inside the cell. And that Maseo, probably, found out that H.I.V.E. was behind Shrieve's plan to spread the Alpha/Omega virus in Hong Kong, which is why he went to Ra's in the hopes of pitting the League against H.I.V.E., because the enemy of my enemy is my friend--only to find out that the road to hell is paved with good intentions and that he was in over his head with Ra's. And that the "something big comes up" could be rogue Assassins (Damien Darhk's embedded men in the LoA or those still siding with Nyssa) wreaking havoc in Nanda Parbat. Also, that Oliver/Arrow/Al Sah-Him/Warith al Ghul will have a scene where he's seemingly hanging off the plane during 3x23's epic fight involving Ra's and Nyssa on the mystery set/cargo plane--just because SA was so enamored of that Tom Cruise shot in the MI:5 trailer.

Okaaayyyyyy. I didn't see that coming. Apparently Oliver didn't either. Why would Maseo give Ra's the virus? I figured Maseo was working to stop Ra's from using the virus.

Yeah, it doesn't compute for me either. This thing killed his son, he still remembers his son, I don't get it.

I wonder if anyone told roy about thea/her injury was covered on the news? That still alive line could go both ways. Poor Roy, can you imagine him giving up everything, turning on the news and hearing that thea was hospitalized and brain dead, and him wallowing for a month bc no one bothered to call him??? It's crazy.

I am still bummed Colton won't be around this season. He def got the short stick this season and last, and after oliver, he's the only costume I reallt care about.

• Love 2

Gah, those quotes. The number of them that could be olicity related. Dead.

However, I imagine fanfic/head canon will far surpass reality.

Yeah there is a number of them I want to be Olicity releated too but MG likes to be a prick and one of the hostile quotes is likely them

(edited)

Tiffany Vogt @TVWatchtower  ·  7h 7 hours ago

@HeatherTrends - Felicity does something super cool and clever, as we all were hoping in tomorrow's #Arrow 3x22.

Thank the lords. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
(edited)

Cranky Pants: Diggle? At first I was thinking Felicity because her emotions have been running high on and off all season, but Oliver was more unkind to Diggle last episode. And with the spoilers about the rift.. Felicity, he needs another hug!

Flashback Drama: I'm thinking this is the episode where the kid kicks it.

Jawline: HI ROY

Palmer Has A Plan: ….for Felicity. The show hinted that we would get info on stuff coming up for Diggle and Felicity. I did not want that future stuff involving Ray. Unless, he is going to hand her Palmer Tech so he can tun off to Spin Off. Which she can then rename back to Queen.

Malcolm's Position: yada yada Ra's yada yada Comment about some of the group being bad actors. Please let this be confirmation that Felicity (and Laurel) are faking the screaming. Please that be confirmation. 

Going To The Chapel: No Thanks

Sexy Time: Roy and Thea!

Tablet This: Has to be Felicity and Her Tablet. I ship it.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

Maybe they use the jet for missions that require 10 or less League stooges and the use the boat when more stooges are required?

I guess I was hoping for magical portal over jet :( It just seemed more up Ras alley. Perhaps a magic carpet...

Unless they do have electricity and just prefer candles.

7. Sexy Time: In the midst of all the craziness with trying to save Oliver, someone makes time to get some lovin' just as someone else loses everything.

Oh god. I hope that's just some dramatic phrasing for Nyssa marrying Oliver. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh god. I hope that's just some dramatic phrasing for Nyssa marrying Oliver. 

Perhaps it is Tatsu losing Maseo.  She's already lost Akio.  Or I guess it could be Maseo losing Tatsu since Katana is part of the SSS movie.

Edited by Sunshine

Have they ever spoiled that many quotes? Tatsu is going to tell Felicity about Oliver's dying thought? How would she know that? I think Roy/Thea is going to be very bittersweet. I'm guessing the "I will always love you" and the "I wanted to become the man you saw in me" is them. And Oliver is going to tell Nyssa he'll free her of her oath (marriage) as soon as he becomes the demon's head.

I think a lot of those quotes were Thea and Roy to each other.  I think they might make me cry tonight even in the midst of the main story pissing me off.

(edited)

* Guess who says it: “You lost my trust. You lost my respect.”

That's going to be Diggle to Oliver, and I hate to say it, but...it's probably going to piss me off. 

* Tatsu convinces Felicity to fight for Oliver, but it might be too late seeing as how she finds out — from Oliver himself! — that he’s getting hitched to Nyssa. Tatsu also reveals to Felicity something Oliver confessed to her while she was helping him heal after the fall.

So, she's the one who tells Felicity that Oliver's last thought before he died was of her. And then all my feelings will be shat on when Oliver probably tells Felicity in some cold-ass fake Al Sah-him voice that he's going to marry someone else. Fingers crossed that he tells her as himself in a very nice way. 

LOL, I know.

* Thea’s trip to see Roy, who now goes by the name Jason and works at an auto shop, leads to a scenario that will definitely evoke excitement.

They gettin' hitched?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Looks like Diggle and Oliver are going to hurt. :-(

Looks like Tatsu tells Felicity she was Oliver's last thought. That's nice. But I don't like that Felicity needs convincing. I've been waiting for scenes between these two, please stop disappointing me show. 

Ray totally leaves Felicity in charge of the company.

Malcolm, What The Fuck Are You Going To Do Now??

• Love 1

Someone asked her if the wedding is consummated and she says SOMETHING BIGGER COMES UP. I have a dirty mind because it totally went there. LOL

Her answers about the wedding don't jive with MG as usual. Grain of salt indeed. Though I do believe her that the episode will be painful. Not for the same reasons I'm sure.

Yeah, my take doesn't jive with hers.  She talked up the (paraphrasing) "Cute...morning after scenes" in 3x20 and after seeing the episode, I was like "Did they cut the morning after?". It was like two lines of dialogue, kiss, then Felicity drugs Oliver and onto the escape plan.  Alrighty then. Definitely not banking on her impressions.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ray totally leaves Felicity in charge of the company.

Yeah, I'm curious about this. A major business move is made and Ray has plans for Felicity that she doesn't know about. Why would he put her in charge of the company though? Where's he going? She goes to NP with everyone else, so... I don't get it.

Edited by apinknightmare

Holy, epic fight sequence! When Diggle, Felicity, Laurel, Malcolm and Tatsu land in Nanda Parbat with the hopes of saving their city from the Alpha Omega virus, a battle breaks out against The League (with a last-minute assist from Atom) that might be the show’s lengthiest and most impressive to date.

I find it unbelievable that Diggle/Laurel/Felicity aren't going to get skewered in this fight. 

* Diggle’s got some serious anger when it comes to Oliver, and it doesn’t seem like his issues with what his friend did are going away anytime soon.

*sigh* I suppose this is what I wanted, a change in dynamic. I hope they kiss and make up soon though :/

* Tatsu convinces Felicity to fight for Oliver, but it might be too late seeing as how she finds out — from Oliver himself! — that he’s getting hitched to Nyssa. Tatsu also reveals to Felicity something Oliver confessed to her while she was helping him heal after the fall.

I hate how someone has to convince Felicity to fight for Oliver. And aw, Tatsu is going to tell Felicity that she was his last thought before he sorta died :')

* Thea’s trip to see Roy, who now goes by the name Jason and works at an auto shop, leads to a scenario that will definitely evoke excitement.

Pls pls pls get married

* A major business move is made.

Yep, Ray Palmer is going to give Felicity control of the Starling branch of Palmer Industries and Felicity will change it to Queen Inc. I will accept nothing less

* Malcolm delivers not one, but two of the episode’s biggest twists.

I really hope he's gonna get back to being evil. I can't stand his redemption arc if that's what you call it.

* Guess who says it: “You lost my trust. You lost my respect.”

*sigh* DIGGLE WHY.

• Love 4
(edited)

The quote about someone becoming Ras and releasing someone else from their oath is probably Oliver to Nyssa or Maseo but I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it if it was Malcolm to Oliver because becoming Ras has been Malcolm's plan all along.

Someone getting lovin is clearly Roy and Thea - someone losing everything is hopefully Masea and Tatsu related.

* Malcolm delivers not one, but two of the episode’s biggest twists.

I so hope I'm right and Malcolm is going back to becoming the lovable villain I need him to be.  I cannot accept psycho but loving dad who killed Sara and no one seems to care in season four.  I just can't.  I can enjoy the hell out of a scene chewing insane villain trying to convince Thea he really does want to save the world in his own f-ed up way but who everyone still sees as a villain they need to stop instead of bring soup to.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 4

I edited the post in Spoilers with this bit.

Wednesday’s Arrow....brings with it the nuptials of Oliver....and Nyssa, but the specter of that dreaded union will be the least of everyone’s worries by the time the crazy cliffhanger rolls around.

(edited)

I guess I'll be in the minority because I don't hate that someone has to convince Felicity to fight for Oliver. She has been fighting for his defeatist ass for two years now. I think her stepping away is a self-protective move, because she's in love with the guy and he is just always f-ing intent on sacrificing himself or giving up. Must be freaking exhausting and difficult to get past, especially now that she's seen Evil!Oliver. 

It's not the healthiest thing, but it's understandable to me. I'll wait and see how it plays out. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

So, what are Malcolm's two twists? Will we be led to believe that he's been working with Ra's this whole time (Twist!One) but then BLAM Ra's and co find out he's been working with Damien Darhk/HIVE (Twist!Two)?

• Love 4
(edited)

I really want Oliver to tell Felicity he is going to marry Nyssa and her reaction to be all snark. "You are? Of course you are! Because this year? IT SUCKS!"

ETA: Or just laugh in his face like Arya Stark 

I guess I'll be in the minority because I don't hate that someone has to convince Felicity to fight for Oliver. She has been fighting for his defeatist ass for two years now. I think her stepping away is a self-protective move, because she's in love with the guy and he is just always f-ing intent on sacrificing himself or giving up. Must be freaking exhausting and difficult to get past, especially now that she's seen Evil!Oliver. 

It's not the healthiest thing, but it's understandable to me. I'll wait and see how it plays out. 

I get it, but so much of this show has been lost in translation this season. It worries me.

Also I find it hilarious that so many people get to tell Felicity what to do this season and she just gets to tell Malcolm what to do. At least let that part continue show. I need snarky Felicity/Malcolm scenes.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

I think ill join you in the minority, she deeply loves him but like you said his self defeatist ass can be draining. You can love someone but when they are like Oliver there's only so much you can do

• Love 1