Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The Tatsu thing is puzzling, yet intriguing, she at least went part way with Oliver when he returned, but what has she been doing since?

Why is she contacting Team Arrow, they don't know about her right ?

Was it Maseo again?

Did he know the league had the Alpha-Omega virus?

I would love for Maseo to be working with Tatsu, especially after that "shell" revelation he had with Diggle. I want Oliver to be in on it too. I basically just need these people to not be as shitty as the show is making me think they are.

• Love 10

I wonder who Malcom's "contacts" are. Is he working with Maseo? Or maybe he and Oliver are working together - fake brainwashing and give TA only the information they need to put the plan into action. Seems like Malcom tells TA about the wedding or the bio weapon next week. It would help my speculation to know which...

I think the most drama for next season would be if Oliver is faking it. The hinted falling out between Oliver and Diggle seems forced if brainwashed Oliver is the only one that betrays Diggle. If he was brainwashed, Oliver would spend season 4 like thea, and Roy feeling guilty for something he had no control over but his friends would be saying "not your fault - get over it." But if it was Oliver in control then they would have a genuine disagreement on if the ends justify the means, if the team should have been let in on the plan, if Oliver was too arrogant that he could control the situation without it blowing up etc. the wedding is also less disgusting to me if it is used to make Oliver and Nyssa able to be allies and allow them to scheme and plot without arising suspicion -ideally he would let her in on the plan before the wedding but at least if there is a plan I feel better.

I am not hoping for the most drama solution, but seems like that is what MG wants. And they love JB (as do I sure but don't like Malcom) so it feels like they need to do something to earn his place on the show as a continuing character / hero / antihero - which they have not done.

I also need a solution that doesn't result in mopey Oliver - I would like him to own what he did and not have been just manipulated.

• Love 4

I feel like if this "betrayal" that Diggle feels is as big as they say it is (which is questionable), then Oliver has to do something else to him. I get that Diggle would be upset about Lyla and it was a terrible thing for Oliver to do, but...I don't know, it seems like there should be more to it than that, because while I wouldn't expect Diggle to write it off, surely he wouldn't hold it against Oliver if he was brainwashed (because he wouldn't be in his right mind), and I feel like he also wouldn't hold it against him if he was doing what he had to do to survive and get out of there by pretending. 

If he was working with HIVE though...

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

If Malcolm really is working with one of the big bads and if he really has been enacting some big evil plan, I think it's more likely with Damien Darhk than Ra's and this is their ploy to destroy the League of Assassins from the inside.

Prayer circle that this is the case. Honestly so much would be fixed for me if Malcolm turned out to have some kind of motivation for sacrificing two women, one of whom is his daughter, for a reason other than to save his own cowardly hide. He was a villain who had a larger purpose. Now he's a weakling who hides behind women's bodies because he's unwilling to pay the price for his actions. He's beneath contempt.

• Love 7

Crazy theory... what if Malcolm is now working for Damian Darhk (sp)?

Also, KATANA!!!

and Felicity doesn't need a weapon to look freakin badass.

Also2: i'm back on board with Damian being Felicity's dad. it just feel too freakin obvious in a non obvious way. But i've been known to be wrong.

That isn't so crazy because while I still think the season makes more sense if Merlyn is working for Ra's - there were a few lines in last night's episode that make me think he could be working for Darhk.

In episode 16 when Malcolm is pleading for his life, he says I was your horseman.  Ra's refers to himself and Darhk as the former Ra's horsemen.  If I assume that isn't coincidence, I think Malcolm was pretty high up in the LOA before he left and maybe he did think he could be the next Ra's.  Also Ra's says that Darhk stole some LP water which is obviously why he is alive, but we could now learn that the reason Malcolm is alive is because Darhk/HIVE found him and gave him LP water at the end of season one. 

Merlyn working for Darhk/HIVE could also explain how he is a man of so much means and who he contacts are that feed him info. Plus it would explain the shocking twist they tell us is coming and setup season four.

• Love 3

So Katana comes to Starling City and takes them to NP.

So is Wells gonna steel the Alpha & Omega virus and that is why Oliver comes to Central City? Courtesy of Charlie Emergency on twitter.

CD0cDnTUsAAxWBm.png

Edited by Velocity23

Someone asked what if Maseo was still working for Waller/ARGUS so I have to toss it out there, what if Oliver is as well?  From what we can tell in the flashbacks, Oliver was working for Waller up until two years before he returned to SC.  Whatever happens in Russia could still be connected to her/ARGUS.  And Waller knew where Oliver's backup lair was even when Diggle and Felicity didn't.  And it probably isn't a coincidence that ARGUS has a prison on the island for Oliver to lock people up in.  I can't remember when I started thinking this, but at some point earlier in this season, it occurred to me that Oliver himself might still be an ARGUS agent.  If Maseo and Tatsu are as well, that could explain a lot about what may be coming up in these last two episodes.

And frankly, Oliver not brainwashed, but undercover would make all of his really stupid decisions this season work.  Plus, while I think Felicity could easily forgive Oliver for not telling them that bit of information - I could see this as something that could cause some trust issues for Diggle for awhile. If Diggle learned that Oliver was lying to him for years - he might seriously question just how close they were as brothers after all. For some reason, I think Felicity would just shake it off and be glad there was a higher purpose to all the LoA stuff.

So that's it for me - I can make this season make sense if Malcolm is working for Ra's or Darhk and Oliver is working for Waller.  There - nobody is stupid - we just have some trust issues going forward.

• Love 1

I've thought about that ARGUS thing too--particularly with the whole "when I decided to return to Starling" thing. I mean, at some point, he made a decision, but who made that possible? But he was explicitly working against Amanda in the finale (and maybe other times I've forgotten?), so if he still is affiliated, I'd guess it's a more informal deal.

• Love 1

So are we gonna get some Maseo/Oliver parallels in the upcoming episodes? Maybe they'll both remember their humanity when the virus comes into play against the people they love.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm somehow got everyone to NP so they wouldn't be in SC to prevent the virus being unleashed. Lucky for him Thea is with Roy when this goes down though.

I hate myself for this... But I saw this on tumblr:

tumblr_inline_nnlwxdpF7R1qfnniy_540.png

It definitely looks like two people (Nyssa and Felicity)... Maybe they're going for the whole 'mirage' thing? Lol so cheesy. But it also shows Oliver's humanity seeping back in. 

Um…that really does look like two people. Are we seeing things?! But it's just like this show to have Oliver imagine Felicity walking towards him when it's really Nyssa. Is this supposed to show us that Oliver is still there, deep down? 

Ugh. I don't want any of this. It's so pointless.

Have there been any reports about the actress who plays Waller filming?  We saw her for two seconds an episode or two ago, but surely they film these flashbacks all at the same time and then sprinkle them throughout the show right?  Anyway, she could have filmed a big reveal for the finale weeks ago and we probably wouldn't have noticed.

I don't feel as certain that Oliver is working for Argus as I do that Malcolm has to be working for Ra's or Darhk, but it is an impression I had earlier this season that I'm starting to revisit in light of the coming tension between Diggle and Oliver AND the season four story with HIVE. It just feels to me like the hints about Oliver and Argus have been there for three years. And between the comments that this season will make the whole show feel like a trilogy AND that everyone would wonder "where do we go from here" - it just kind of works for me.

What if the big game plan for Oliver returning to SC was to eventually take down the LoA.  This seems like something an organization like Argus would want to do (it also seems like they would want to take out HIVE as well).  So in season oen, we get Malcolm and the Undertaking and how it focuses Ra's on SC.  Season two has Argue threatening to destroy SC gets Sara to recruit the LoA to help take out the Mirikuru soldiers instead.  So now Oliver and Maseo are in the LoA and Tatsu is about to go with TA to NP? I don't know - there could be a big reveal that Oliver's purpose since returning to SC was to get recruited by and then destroy the league.

That would conclude the trilogy, create trust issues between Diggle and Oliver (and maybe between Diggle and Lyla depending on how much she knew), and perhaps "free" Oliver from Argus and let him try to reclaim a normal life in the finale only to figure out he is going to have to become Green Arrow and be a vigilante for his own reasons in season four when he faces Darhk and HIVE.  That's not insane is it? 

Have there been any reports about the actress who plays Waller filming?  We saw her for two seconds an episode or two ago, but surely they film these flashbacks all at the same time and then sprinkle them throughout the show right?  Anyway, she could have filmed a big reveal for the finale weeks ago and we probably wouldn't have noticed.

Nope. They film flashbacks just as any other scene, during the shooting of each episode.

Nope. They film flashbacks just as any other scene, during the shooting of each episode.

That seems odd given how little we see of each per episode.  You would think they'd save time and money shooting several sequences at once and peppering them into three of four episodes but whatever, what do I know? :)

I still think an ARGUS/Oliver connection could be coming in the last two episodes - I guess the end of 22 as that is when MG thinks we should all be very surprised.

I actually don't think that Oliver is faking the brainwashing at all.  I've not seen this week's episode and don't plan on watching it (seriously, you're not even required to watch the show to figure stuff out anymore--just pick the dumbest possible scenario), but I suspect that any hesitancy or doubts shown by Al Sah-him are meant to show that Oliver is not so far gone that he can't be saved.  I think that Felicity's ILY and the love scene was placed in the last episode for plot purposes because that will all tie into breaking Oliver from this hold that the brainwashing has over him (I can imagine a nice little montage of Olicity kisses, the ILY, the sex, etc.).  It's all dumb...so dumb.

• Love 1

I actually don't think that Oliver is faking the brainwashing at all.

I don't think he is, but also think, we're meant to believe it wasn't as successful as Ras thinks, and will be broken, and then we're supposed to wonder if he has a plan and at what point he broke through and developed said plan. The writers clearly want this to be "ambiguous" because, they want people to believe Oliver wasn't really responsible, and that his humanity and love of Felicity made him reachable (whenever the brainwashing does break), and ultimately redeemable for something he was brainwashed into doing. I just can not roll my eyes any harder right out of my skull.

I so look forward to Oliver's manpain about what he did to Diggle/Lyla, and whatever else is coming in 3X22.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 3

That seems odd given how little we see of each per episode. You would think they'd save time and money shooting several sequences at once and peppering them into three of four episodes but whatever, what do I know? :)

Hee, yeah, efficiency is not the problem. If they shot all flashbacks beforehand -- who gets writing credit for those? Also, who directs them? One single director? Or each episode's director shows up for the scenes in his/her episode? Do the one director then gets credited for the flashbacks in every episode of the season? Does the writer get credit in every episode? The writing and directing guilds would eat them alive, basically. Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 5

I so look forward to Oliver's manpain about what he did to Diggle/Lyla, and whatever else is coming in 3X22.

Does it make me a terrible person for not thinking what he did to Lyla was all that bad? Yeah, there was the abandonment of baby Sara, that was awful and unsafe, and kidnapping doesn't ever put someone on a good list, but I was expecting Evil!Oliver to be a rat bastard and he just wasn't IMO. I mean, I didn't like watching it, but he's a weak sauce villain. 

• Love 13

Does it make me a terrible person for not thinking what he did to Lyla was all that bad? Yeah, there was the abandonment of baby Sara, that was awful and unsafe, and kidnapping doesn't ever put someone on a good list, but I was expecting Evil!Oliver to be a rat bastard and he just wasn't IMO. I mean, I didn't like watching it, but he's a weak sauce villain. 

I guessed awhile ago that he would kidnap but not otherwise harm Lyla and/or Sara, and I agree it's really not all that bad.  But I'm happy about that, because while I was comfortable he wouldn't do anything all that bad (this is still a superhero show, after all), I also did not WANT him to do anything all that bad. 

Still hate the brainwashing/evil Oliver SL with the fire of a thousand suns.  Probably my least favorite tv storyline for any show I've watched, EVER. 

• Love 1

Does it make me a terrible person for not thinking what he did to Lyla was all that bad?

It doesn't, but it does make me think less of the show and David Ramsey IF this alone is what drives t he supposed rift in S4. I mean c'mon, Lyla has been through worse, and I realize having your brother do that to you is line you can't cross or whatever he said but AGAIN if Diggle is going to hold what he did under the influence of drugs/brainwashing against him, that makes me think less of Diggle. Now IF Oliver is faking all of it and was never even a little brainwashed than he'd have more of point.

But I'll concede there is perhaps more truly foul stuff Oliver could do in 3X22. 

I didn't want him to do anything bad either, but for some reason I thought he'd at least make things somewhat awful. That was the most cut and dry kidnapping ever. He didn't hurt her, he turned her over right away. I'm surprised Lyla didn't fall asleep.

I mean, I thought it was not so bad to the point where I'll actually be disappointed if that's the reason for Oliver and Diggle's discord. 

• Love 2

There must a LOA handbook on assassin tactics.  Last season Nyssa kidnapped Dinah to force the return of Sara.  This season Evil!Oliver kidnaps Lyla to force the return of Nyssa.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I think the fact that Oliver only kidnapped Lyla and then fought but didn't maim his team is what made me keep questioning if he was really brainwashed but I also am willing to believe that 3.21 was written just ambiguously enough to make us believe in 3.22 that he's been faking in when he is still under Ra's control.

That said, Oliver breaking, herbs or no herbs, in less than four weeks is very weak writing.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

Unfortunately, I think that Oliver not maiming his team was the EPs' plot decision because they didn't want them incapacitated for the remaining two episodes.  Thus, you have Laurel and Lyla holding their own against trained LOA assassins, and Diggle holding his own against Ra's-trained Oliver and then saved by Thea's arrow.

I think Oliver really is brainwashed (courtesy of magic herbs) - at least in 3x21.  I agree that it's ambiguous, though.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Also Ra's says that Darhk stole some LP water which is obviously why he is alive, but we could now learn that the reason Malcolm is alive is because Darhk/HIVE found him and gave him LP water at the end of season one.

This I would love so, so much! Logic! Plotting! But these are the people that admitted the new Arrow shape at the start of season three that they used to brand Oliver is something they came up with on the fly and was not preplanned as we were giving them credit. Could they really have kept this secret for two years??

• Love 2

"That said, Oliver breaking, herbs or no herbs, in less than four weeks is very weak writing."

Which has been my problem with the brainwashing thing from the moment Morrigan hypothesized it.  He's been for-real tortured and didn't break...he didn't tell Deathstroke #1 where to find Yao Fei when he didn't even know Yao Fei that well at the time.  Basically, if he did break in three weeks from that weak sauce brainwashing, he's not at all the strong-minded character I grew to love, so why should I bother loving him anymore?  If it turns out he's faking, that's different.  But right now, I think he's a bit pathetic and weak.

Someone on tvline hypothesized that Thea laced her arrow with something that Malcolm knew would help break the drugs' hold.  Thoughts?

"Also Ra's says that Darhk stole some LP water which is obviously why he is alive, but we could now learn that the reason Malcolm is alive is because Darhk/HIVE found him and gave him LP water at the end of season one."

Guggie said awhile ago they were not going to revisit how Malcolm survived.  Not to say he's not a grotesque liar or couldn't just change his mind, but he did say that.

You know, whoever came up first with Malcolm working for Darhk, not Ra's, is kind of a genius.  That would be really interesting, fairly logical, and could explain keeping Malcolm around for yet another season.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

Also Ra's says that Darhk stole some LP water which is obviously why he is alive, 

Can we talk about this for a second? How much water did this dude steal? He obviously didn't fill up a Deer Park bottle with the stuff, if it's keeping him alive then he's got to have enough to submerge himself in it. Did he steal it by the bucket, or rent a U-Haul to drive it away?

• Love 8

There must a LOA handbook on assassin tactics.  Last season Nyssa kidnapped Dinah to force the return of Sara.  This season Evil!Oliver kidnaps Lyla to force the return of Nyssa.

Arrow's LOA is so weak, it makes me think that Sara shouldn't have been so hard on herself for being part of that lame group. She probably barely did anything bad and just did a lot stupid contrived crap that Ra's wanted them to do for no reason. 

• Love 6

This I would love so, so much! Logic! Plotting! But these are the people that admitted the new Arrow shape at the start of season three that they used to brand Oliver is something they came up with on the fly and was not preplanned as we were giving them credit. Could they really have kept this secret for two years??

No, but I am hoping that its a rather convenient retcon that happens to work really well. :)

• Love 1

LoA to Sara: "So what did he make you do today?"

Sara: "I had to deface someone's Facebook page! He's a monster."

Sorry I realise Sara went through horrible things but Ra's makes my eye twitch. He needs a hobby.

• Love 5

So, Malcolm's totally working for the League again, isn't he? That's who Felicity's saying "We trusted you!" to, right? He offers to help them, but he's just being a backstabbing D.

Totally exhausted and desperately need sleep! Will catch up on the other spoiler theories later. But I totally agree with you! That was my first thought after watching the promo. But then again, I've always felt like MM & Ras were up to no good and there is more to Sara's death than what everyone is being told.

My 2nd thought, at least the bride & groom are very beautiful & handsome on their wedding day. I mean they look miserable as hell. But man they do make some nice wedding attire in NP. If all else fails Ras should totally go into making NP some exotic romantic retreat. :)

• Love 1

Can we talk about this for a second? How much water did this dude steal? He obviously didn't fill up a Deer Park bottle with the stuff, if it's keeping him alive then he's got to have enough to submerge himself in it. Did he steal it by the bucket, or rent a U-Haul to drive it away?

LOL I thought the same thing about a half hour after the episode and then I just went nm, just go with it.  I will ignore details like this if I can have the big plot points make sense. :)

"The bad stuff Sara went through was before she met Ra's. Ivo was probably 10x worse then Ra's. That's why she laughed in his face when he was trying to show off how badass he is."

Seriously, Ivo was crazy creepy, and SHE was brainwashed/Stockholm'd pretty bad.

• Love 1

"The bad stuff Sara went through was before she met Ra's. Ivo was probably 10x worse then Ra's. That's why she laughed in his face when he was trying to show off how badass he is."

Seriously, Ivo was crazy creepy, and SHE was brainwashed/Stockholm'd pretty bad.

Right, Sara asked why Oliver took her from Ivo. He thought he was saving her and she didn't think of that way. That made me sad for her. The League of Lameasses is the not even close to that. 

• Love 1

My 2nd thought, at least the bride & groom are very beautiful & handsome on their wedding day. I mean they look miserable as hell. But man they do make some nice wedding attire in NP. If all else fails Ras should totally go into making NP some exotic romantic retreat. :)

Yes! Someone brought it up. I felt silly for thinking Oliver looks dapper in his marriage outfit.

And I second the romance resort. Or whoever Ra's interior decorator is should get their own show.

• Love 5

I can't figure out if Oliver is actually brainwashed or not but I think that was the point? I remember SA saying there's a loop hole to his actions or something, which makes me feel like he definitely is brainwashed and they can blame all of his bad behavior on that. And maybe all the little glimpses we got of the real Oliver was to show that no matter what, he will never be able to let go of Oliver Queen because that's his main identity. 

I can't figure out if Oliver is actually brainwashed or not but I think that was the point? I remember SA saying there's a loop hole to his actions or something, which makes me feel like he definitely is brainwashed and they can blame all of his bad behavior on that. And maybe all the little glimpses we got of the real Oliver was to show that no matter what, he will never be able to let go of Oliver Queen because that's his main identity. 

Or the loop hole is that he isn't brainwashed, but he is working for/with Waller to bring down the LoA so everything he does is for the greater good.

Yes between this theory and the Malcolm has to be working with Ra's or Darhk theory - I am grasping at straws, but I need there to be some bigger picture for at least some of the things that haven't made any sense this season.

I think that he has to be brainwashed if he's going to do something horrible to Diggle that will fracture their relationship (I mean, unless kidnapping Lyla was supposed to be the thing that causes problems for the two of them---but I was expecting worse than that).  If he's going to do something terrible to Dig, the only way he can ever be forgiven is if it was beyond his control due to the brainwashing.

I think that he has to be brainwashed if he's going to do something horrible to Diggle that will fracture their relationship (I mean, unless kidnapping Lyla was supposed to be the thing that causes problems for the two of them---but I was expecting worse than that).  If he's going to do something terrible to Dig, the only way he can ever be forgiven is if it was beyond his control due to the brainwashing.

I'm kind of thinking that maybe the kidnapping was supposed to be it. SA said he had to mentally count down to how many episodes were left after he got this script, trying to see how they were going to undo what he did, and IDK, I don't think there's all that much to undo?

It was funny that SA went on Twitter to apologize in advance for his actions and I didn't really think he had much to apologize for, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I have a feeling that Malcolm will have some sort of bigger role in all this. Otherwise he has been totally misused the whole season. But even if he had this plane, he truly must be a mastermind because he could have never predicted all of this. And even if he did why didn't they kill Thea right away then to force Oliver's hand?

I still feel that it is such an offensive move to force your gay character into marriage with some dude. It don't like this storyline at all. If they have sex, I might just barf. Poor Nyssa. 

Also the virus storyline makes me think of Batman Begins. Ra's wanted to poison Gotham. Here he wants to poison SC. And nobody knows why. Is it clear why he wants to kill the people of SC? Does he not like their fashion choices? Too many crop tops? 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3

Here's what I don't really understand about that virus - Ra's just happens to have it on hand for...what, exactly? He said Nyssa stole it to prevent his heir from using it, but up until a few weeks ago, SHE was his heir. What town was he going to have her destroy since she seems to have lived in NP her whole life? Was that something she'd have to do? She had no non-League life to separate herself from, so...was he always going to destroy Starling anyway? If so, why? 

Ugh.

• Love 1

I don't believe that Oliver has been working this whole time for Waller but I could believe she contacted him since he got the new job offer and let him know the stakes were higher than he knew. If Oliver's plan had been all along to let Ra's recruit him, I have a hard time believing he would have let anyone die in his city. Those deaths would have been on his head since he'd just be planning to say yes anyway. And it would negate his moment where he came to realize what was his true reason for being the Arrow - to save lives not be thanked.

In 3.20 I always thought it odd that he didn't immediately have Digg and Felicity at his side while he was in the hospital room with Thea. Maybe it was deliberately written as an open window for Waller to approach him about and tell him Ra's had the virus. He would have shrugged her off, only concerned with Thea but once he had the chance to revive her, he could have gone in to Nanda Parbat with a mission. Not a clear plan but a chance to stop what in the past he'd been unable to stop.

I am probably giving the writers too much credit.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Maybe the marriage not lasting into season 4 is because the marriage was never consummated. Then they get it annulled.  

There's nothing to annul - it's a ritual marriage that's only valid within the League, unless Ra's got himself ordained on the Church of the Internet, but both of them would have a good case for coercion. MG was just fucking with shippers with that one, I think. Either that or Oliver and Nyssa's wedding gets interrupted and the two who actually tie the knot are Thea and Roy.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2