Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If it's separate universes why does DC care who's on tv? 

Marvel's movie and tv universes are connected, that's why they can't two people playing the same character. 

It's like they're deliberately choosing all the disadvantages of a shared universe (no duped characters) and none of the advantages. 

• Love 4

Oh god. The Olicity wedding and pregnancy speculation is making me cringe. We're still very much in 'Oliver doesn't think he can be with Felicity and save the city' territory, why/how on earth would that change by the end of the season?!

If it's in present day maybe Laurel finally marries her mask, you know, because she's always been heading that way. Haha. That line still makes me laugh. Sorry!

Edited by Guest

The wedding frenzy has hit a fever pitch! JbuffyAngel has released her theory http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/116042845043/olicity-wedding-theory. I love reading her, but she is firmly an Olicity fan and sometimes sees things they way she wants to see rather than what may actually be there. She did make some valid points if people wanted to read them.

All I can say if they do have an O/F wedding during sweeps that would be rather impressive and pushing the boundaries of anticipation/expectation. I'm not sure its organic to the story. But if coming back from the dead, resurrecting a loved one from the LP, giving up your identity to become heir to the demon and then destroying the demon, all while reclaiming your identity does not make you evaluate who you want in your life and choose a life partner, then perhaps the couple is not meant to be. So by the finale, I could possibly buy into an O/F wedding.

In real life probably not, but in real life most of season 3 never would have happened the way it did because O & F would have talked to each other. So in reality, they would have been in a committed relationship months ago. It would be game-changing & epic to put together a couple so officially in the middle of the TV's run. But they do aim to be jumping the shark. So this O/F wedding might actually happen. Honestly, if it does I just hope they get married because OQ has come to his senses and it has absolutely nothing to do with a baby. I can get on board the crazy train that O/F wedding might happen. But I just can't except that there will be a pregnancy scare or baby, that is just too cliche and going too far.

• Love 5

I agree that it's waaayyyyy too soon for a wedding or babies for Oliver and Felicity, but this is the same crew that doesn't believe in slowing down the show or waiting to tell a story even if it's to the detriment of the show. I actually don't think the wedding will be Olicity, though. I'm thinking a quickie Roy/Thea thing before he gets carted off to prison, maybe. 

I am interested in what the odds are that the CW won't exist after a few years. I know there's been rumblings, but has anything new come out recently?

Even if they wanted to pull Black Canary, you just know that the EPs would never get rid of Laurel. She would suddenly become Manhunter or some other character. There is just no getting rid of her EVER, it seems.

KC's contract is signed in blood and backed by the forces of Hell, apparently, especially if some of the spec I saw in the relationships thread (about TIIC recognizing a dearth of chemistry between the leads and looking for contingencies) is accurate.

So, this is ages old and embarassingly girly to bring up again, but for some reason I was a little unsettled by the look on Felicity's face when Oliver takes off her glasses. I couldn't quite place it, and it was so...steady. I'd been thinking maybe it was just trust and a strong mutual understanding of their position, but honestly I have a hard time seeing the show tackle that maturely. After MG's less than reassuring response ("duly noted" to someone's comment about needing F to break up with Ray first), I'm thinking the look might be resignation in the face of guilt; that she's cheating on Ray. Do we have any sort of evidence of an actual break, besides the "rough patch" episode description?

• Love 3

I thought for sure, and still definitely mostly think, she won't cheat.  However, from what I've heard she's pretty much hanging all over Ray in The Flash (which I am obviously not watching), so who the heck knows what these idiots will do.  They've done everything they can to ruin her.

However, there is still the shot of Ray leaning against the car with an apparent case of the sadz, so that's probably post-dumping.

33 days, 4 hours, 51 minutes, 2 seconds until this season is over.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

There's been no official evidence of a break up that I can see. Beside the very sad shot of RP by his car at the airport. But I guess we'll have to "keep watching".

I mean if we are getting technical about relationships. RP & FS have never officially stated that they are mutually exclusive. I mean he said ILY & she went to grab a "hospital nurse" (still not sure what other type of nurse she would have looked for in that instance) to find jello. So that would have been primo time to at least establish them as an official monogamous couple if that was the game plan. She doesn't call him her boyfriend until the Flash episode, so who knows what type of relationship they are actually in? So cheating may be a grey area, although it certainly does not bode well for their relationship if she does sleep with OQ. I'm not sure if it is considered cheating, but I certainly do hope that we get an official break up before the event - so that it won't even be an issue. Frankly, I've had to process enough of FS's character and choices this season in relationship to RP, I just want this one decision to be all about her & OQ.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

If the wedding + marriage is between Oliver and Felicity then I see it eventually ending in a divorce. There's no way that they would marry off their main character at the end of season 3 and have it last until the end of the show, which is still at least 2 years away (and with how good the ratings have been, make it 3 or 4 more years).

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 2

The wedding frenzy has hit a fever pitch! JbuffyAngel has released her theory http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/116042845043/olicity-wedding-theory. I love reading her, but she is firmly an Olicity fan and sometimes sees things they way she wants to see rather than what may actually be there. She did make some valid points if people wanted to read them.

All I can say if they do have an O/F wedding during sweeps that would be rather impressive and pushing the boundaries of anticipation/expectation.

I really admire that she can get her "Laurel is the floater" theory sunk by MG and a couple of hours later she's got a new, positive theory.

At this point, I will be grateful if Oliver and Felicity just have a real talk at last given how this season has been going.  I know they blow through their storylines but a wedding is big enough that it should be saved for season 5, after the two have gone through a few problems together (Oliver's son, HIVE) and survived.

Remember, they gave us the "I love you" in 2x23 last season, only to take it away again later in the episode.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

There's been no official evidence of a break up that I can see. Beside the very sad shot of RP by his car at the airport. But I guess we'll have to "keep watching".

I mean if we are getting technical about relationships. RP & FS have never officially stated that they are mutually exclusive. I mean he said ILY & she went to grab a "hospital nurse" (still not sure what other type of nurse she would have looked for in that instance) to find jello. So that would have been primo time to at least establish them as an official monogamous couple if that was the game plan. She doesn't call him her boyfriend until the Flash episode, so who knows what type of relationship they are actually in? So cheating may be a grey area, although it certainly does not bode well for their relationship if she does sleep with OQ. I'm not sure if it is considered cheating, but I certainly do hope that we get an official break up before the event - so that it won't even be an issue. Frankly, I've had to process enough of FS's character and choices this season in relationship to RP, I just want this one decision to be all about her & OQ.

MG did say awhile back on tumblr that he didn't think Felicity was the type of person to be with one guy while seeing another.  I don't think they'll have Felicity sleep with Oliver if she hasn't broken up with Ray.  Whether or not we see an official break-up might be up for grabs though.  It might be all exposition. 

I wonder if the cut the Felicity and Laurel scene regarding how Felicity feels about Oliver or if it comes into play in 3.19.

• Love 3

If the wedding + marriage is between Oliver and Felicity then I see it eventually ending in a divorce. There's no way that they would marry off their main character at the end of season 3 and have it last until the end of the show, which is still at least 2 years away (and with how good the ratings have been, make it 3 or 4 more years).

I disagree that it will definitely end in divorce. But a few seasons down the road who knows, its always a possibility esp. if the show goes into 9-10th season. They are not writing OQ as someone who is interested in dating other people. This season he's barely even looked at a girl. In s2, he had 1 one-night stand and picked up an old relationship that carried a lot of baggage. S1 his flitting around romantic partners made sense and was fun to watch. So moving forward, the writers could just decide that they want to tell other stories than the ones that revolve around OQ's dating life. Frankly, I think it would be strong move to move away from the dating portion of the show anyway. It just creates a lot of unnecessary melodrama.

Plus logistically, how can OQ or any TA member really date anyone outside of the foundry? They'd always have to explain why they're running out on dates. The running out on dates, balancing vigilante/dating is cute for one season, but then it gets a little boring. Its not just an OQ problem. I mean Ray should have known something was up if Felicity kept on having to take moments or leave during their dates. Dyla only works because Lyla knows OQ secret, has lived similar life & is trustworthy. So unfortunately logistically in foundry dating is probably best option and if you're gonna go that route, marriage just seems to be a better than everyone swapping partners like they wind up doing on so many shows.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

Please no babies. Diggle has been sidelined so much already, I can't see it done to any other character I like. Also kids in an action show are always a bad idea. That is one of the reason I never want to see Connor. He's what 7 maybe 8 years old? (depending on when exactly the flashbacks in 2x20 were supposed to be happening). What are they supposed to do with a 7 years old?

The Olicity wedding could be a possibility but I hope it's Thea and Roy. First of all it would mean Roy is still alive at the end of the season, and they've been together the longest so why not? It's true that during the Olicity date those 2 were so awkward (adorably awkward) I kept saying "you two don't need to date, just get married already" but I wasn't serious.

• Love 7

I really admire that she can get her "Laurel is the floater" theory sunk by MG and a couple of hours later she's got a new, positive theory.

At this point, I will be grateful if Oliver and Laurel just have a real talk at last given how this season has been going.  I know they blow through their storylines but a wedding is big enough that it should be saved for season 5, after the two have gone through a few problems together (Oliver's son, HIVE) and survived.

Remember, they gave us the "I love you" in 2x23 last season, only to take it away again later in the episode.

What do you want Oliver and Laurel to talk about?  Do you think that's who is getting married?

Regarding the ILY scene in 2.23, the take away depends on your perception I think. They took it away to explain how Felicity got the cure.  They gave it back in the beach scene when Oliver wouldn't take it back.

• Love 2

I don't think Felicity hanging on Ray on The Flash is indicative of anything. MG has said several times on tumblr that the timeline is messed up.

Seems pretty obvious they're headed for a breakup in the non-messed up Arrow timeline, after the post "I love you" dash.

• Love 2

Erm so I'm all for this brand of crazy. Olicity marriage and babies? Yes! All of the game changers have left me cold so that would be awesome. Would it make sense...no. But who cares. Malcolm Merlyn is living under Thea's roof because reasons. Olicity can get married and make babies for reasons too.

• Love 4

Ouch!  I meant that Oliver and Felicity need to talk.  I have to stop typing on two threads  at the same time!

I think the Felicity/Ray break-up should break up when Felicity decides to go with Oliver to Nanda Parbat (and Sad Ray offers her a ride to the plane). But I've often been wrong before.

Regarding the ILY scene in 2.23, the take away depends on your perception I think. They took it away to explain how Felicity got the cure.  They gave it back in the beach scene when Oliver wouldn't take it back.

It was a 'maybe it's true/maybe it isn't' at the end of the season because SA had to keep answering the question during the upfronts that followed.

A marriage is such a definitive statement, I can't see them not setting it up through several episodes.

KC's contract is signed in blood and backed by the forces of Hell, apparently, especially if some of the spec I saw in the relationships thread (about TIIC recognizing a dearth of chemistry between the leads and looking for contingencies) is accurate.

So, this is ages old and embarassingly girly to bring up again, but for some reason I was a little unsettled by the look on Felicity's face when Oliver takes off her glasses. I couldn't quite place it, and it was so...steady. I'd been thinking maybe it was just trust and a strong mutual understanding of their position, but honestly I have a hard time seeing the show tackle that maturely. After MG's less than reassuring response ("duly noted" to someone's comment about needing F to break up with Ray first), I'm thinking the look might be resignation in the face of guilt; that she's cheating on Ray. Do we have any sort of evidence of an actual break, besides the "rough patch" episode description?

I've read That MG said he doesn't see Felicity as a cheater

Ugh. I really hope Felicity and Ray break up. I'm like 99% sure they will but it's always a worry with these EP's. I don't care if it even happens at the start of 320, I need them broken up before anything happens between Felicity and Oliver. Also, I can't imagine she would do that to anyone. I really can't. But they seem to like writing her OOC so who knows? 

Oh boy. I admire her dedication but yeah, she puts way too much faith in the EP's when some things just happen by (happy) accident. Sorry. 

I don't think it'll happen. S4 maybe? Sure. At a push. But not now. Oliver is still all over the place. We know he loves Felicity and vice versa but they're not there yet. 

Edited by Guest

Regarding the wedding we know 3 things.

1.  Present Day

2. Involves 2 characters

3. A marriage follows the wedding

I think Ra's and LOA is over by the end of S3 - at least for now.  3.23's title is "My Name is Oliver Queen"  Doesn't this eliminate both the LOA, Nyssa & Ra's as potential mates for Oliver? Not to mention 3.21's synopsis would seem to eliminate Nyssa anyway.

Who does that leave?

Maseo & Tatsu (assuming they divorced when he joined the LOA) - Are they coming back for S4?

Sara & Nyssa (assumes Sara is returning on Arrow)

Thea & Roy (Possibly, but what is the catalyst for Thea donning a mask?  Usually it's not anything happy.)

Oliver & Laurel (They don't even appear to like each other this season)

Oliver & Felicity (They are probably never going to have a traditional romance - dating, etc.  Also, why is the sex, which is traditionally a sweeps staple, taking place before sweeps starts.  Something bigger happening during sweeps?  If it's only by losing Oliver Queen in 3.21 Al Sah-him and 3.22 once he embraces him again in 3.23 he might decide he's wasted enough time.  (I think jet convo on 3.20 might be "pivotal') 

Who did I miss?

• Love 1

I remember that. Ok, so we've got that statement, a possible open relationship, Ray sadz, and the fact that we've seen that RP/FS is a horrible relationship (although I'm pretty sure TIIC think it's "cute" still) versus sappy girlfriend behavior on The Flash, maybe a guilty expression, vague comments about what Felicity is willing to sacrifice, and a certain EP's soap opera sensibilities. Fingers crossed the tragedy of an imminent separation is enough drama without them adding the cheating on top.

The idea of an Olicity wedding after this [expletive] season cracks me up. Don't get me wrong: I'm in like Flynn. I just assume it's Thea and Roy, if he's really not dead. I'd be amused by Al Sah-him taking the plunge as well, although I don't see that happening.

Speaking of, if they're going to turn him into EvilAssassin!Oliver, I really hope it's not just one OOC episode. I was always in favor of them bringing him back from The Climb in full Lazarus Pit Crazy mode, screwball or not, and if it's more of LotR movie-Theoden momentary thing, I may hurt my eyes from the rolling of them.

• Love 1

Speaking of, if they're going to turn him into EvilAssassin!Oliver, I really hope it's not just one OOC episode. I was always in favor of them bringing him back from The Climb in full Lazarus Pit Crazy mode, screwball or not, and if it's more of LotR movie-Theoden momentary thing, I may hurt my eyes from the rolling of them.

Where did this idea of EvilAssassin!Oliver come from? 

One thing to keep in mind regarding 3.23 too.  SA said whatever happens might  be cause for Oliver to break out with a smile next season.

I am not convinced the wedding & marriage is Oliver & Felicity.  I am just trying to figure it out and running out of possible suspects.  They all seem unfathomable to me at this point.  I also know they like to chew through story and Oliver/Felicity would also give them story for 3.5 comics.

A discussion I skimmed a few pages back, where they were talking about Oliver in League-gear, possibly going after Nyssa, maybe teaming up with her to pull a con on R'as, can't be that evil or long-term turned/brainwashed/drugged because he apparently helps Barry in the Flash finale.

(edited)

I got it from the episode description, Oliver undergoes a rigorous transformation. That plus the 3 week time gap led me to speculate that Oliver was brainwashed into embracing Al Saheem. Ra's sends Oliver to SC after Nyssa as a test for his new heir. We get a fight between LoA/TA +Nyssa before Oliver snaps out of it.

That's my spec for now, anyway

Edited by Morrigan2575

Regarding the wedding we know 3 things.

1.  Present Day

2. Involves 2 characters

3. A marriage follows the wedding

I took the third point as "it's not a fake-out wedding", not that we'd necessarily see this marriage on-screen. I think it's possible it's Tatsu and Maseo. I think they're pretty much the only couple where it would feel at least somewhat organic.

• Love 3

I think the wedding and marriage is Diggle and Lyla again. I think part of season 3 will be erased (time travel) and then it will be as if they had not married yet, so we'll see they to marry but maybe in another situation.

I dont believe they'll put Felicity as cheat nor Oliver put in a bad position too.

Edited by Morena
  • Love 1

Morrigan, ruining my whole weekend.

Luckily Daredevil is great so far.  I am beyond desperate for a new obsession, because Arrow has just been making me angry for months now.

I think it could be Maseo and Tatsu.  We've already seen their marriage, now we just need a wedding.  

Edited by AyChihuahua

A discussion I skimmed a few pages back, where they were talking about Oliver in League-gear, possibly going after Nyssa, maybe teaming up with her to pull a con on R'as, can't be that evil or long-term turned/brainwashed/drugged because he apparently helps Barry in the Flash finale.

I got it from the episode description, Oliver undergoes a rigorous transformation. That plus the 3 week time gap led me to speculate that Oliver was brainwashed into embracing Al Saheem. Ra's sends Oliver to SC after Nyssa as a test for his new heir. We get a fight between LoA/TA +Nyssa before Oliver snaps out of it.

That's my spec for now, anyway

Hmm. I mean, I totally get it. But my first thought was that he endures all the branding and probably an increase in fighting with Ra's, lots of training and things like that. I didn't even consider brainwashing. If there was more episodes I'd consider it but it feels pretty pointless for just two episodes. (I'm assuming that's how long we actually see him in the LOA.)

I think the wedding and marriage is Diggle and Lyla again. I think part of season 3 is erased (time travel) and then it will be as if they had not married yet, so we'll see they to marry but maybe in another situation.

I think it's got to be Lyla and Diggle, or Maseo and Tatsu renewing vows unless it's a marriage of contrivance.  Other than Thea and Roy, no one is in a relationship (I'm just going to forget about Ray here) much less being in the kind of relationship that makes you want to get married.  And the timeline for Quentin or Malcolm to find someone (Hello, Donna!) is pretty tight even with a 3 week time jump.

A long shot for Sara and Nyssa but I don't think they would want to tie up Sara like that when she's going to a new show.  It wastes the story-telling of how she reconnects to Nyssa.

Oh goodness, shotgun wedding spec now?  I vote for Thea and Roy for any reason.  The only way I can see it being Felicity and Oliver is if there is MAJOR time jump between episodes 22 and 23 or within 23 itself.  Hmmm, maybe that is exactly what happens?  Seems possible because of Flash spoilers. 

I guess that would be one way to have Oliver hang up the hood for awhile and get back his company, move Ray off to the spin-off, age up baby Sara, maybe give Lyla the job as floater, skill up Laurel as Black Canary, and deal with whatever they are going to do with Roy (break him out of jail, let him serve his time, give him a fake ID, etc...).  All of that could happen with a time jump and we'd never have to see it.  And it would feed into their "the show is never going to be the same" comments.

• Love 2

I think it's got to be Lyla and Diggle .....,

as I said before, I think they' re because think part of season 3 will be erased (time travel) or will not happen the same way it did . That's why I think Ray had to be someone who can celebrate the wedding, he'll do it again.

Hmm. I mean, I totally get it. But my first thought was that he endures all the branding and probably an increase in fighting with Ra's, lots of training and things like that. I didn't even consider brainwashing. If there was more episodes I'd consider it but it feels pretty pointless for just two episodes. (I'm assuming that's how long we actually see him in the LOA.)

you could be right. I don't know why but rigorous transformation just screamed drastic mind/personality/emotional change to me.

• Love 1

I'm sorry but they really didn't think this one through, did they? Obviously they knew O/F would be happening in 320 and they still continued with this sex talk between R/F in 118, as well as Felicity hanging all over him like a limpet. It's so wrong. People are already questioning/doubting Felicity's feelings and this is not gonna help AT ALL. Ugh. 

Edited by Guest

Canon-wise, if they in no way address the timing issue in the episode, I think it counts as coming after Arrow 18.  I totally understand that the EPs have explained it, it's the network's fault, etc., but if they don't have something like "Meanwhile, one week ago on The Flash..." I think it counts as coming after.  

Also, fricking gross.  Not even about Raylicity sucking, it's just crazy inappropriate.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but they really didn't think this one through, did they? Obviously they knew O/F would be happening in 320 and they still continued with this sex talk between R/F in 118, as well as Felicity hanging all over him like a limpet. It's so wrong. People are already questioning/doubting Felicity's feelings and this is not gonna help AT ALL. Ugh.

She was thinking of Oliver!

Canon-wise, if they in no way address the timing issue in the episode, I think it counts as coming after Arrow 18.  I totally understand that the EPs have explained it, it's the network's fault, etc., but if they don't have something like "Meanwhile, one week ago on The Flash..." I think it counts as coming after.  

Also, fricking gross.  Not even about Raylicity sucking, it's just crazy inappropriate.

It so is Barry and Calitin in Particular are like "why are they saying this?"

R/F acting like that after she ran away from his "I love you" makes no sense. It's definitely set before 318. It's just a shame not everyone who watches will know that.

I'm not even going to watch The Flash because tbh I haven't watched it in ages - it just hasn't gripped me yet - but I'm annoyed simply knowing what happens. I know logically that Felicity is overcompensating with Ray (even more so after she couldn't return his feelings) but will it look the same to a casual viewer? The whole Raylicity stuff was pretty unnecessary in The Flash. She could have just introduced him as her boyfriend and that's it. RAGE.

If she's says Ray's good in the sack, I doubt she's thinking of Oliver right then.  Also, I'm really starting to think they're ruining Felicity on purpose.  They won't kill Olicity right this second, because of the PR, but if they keep making her more and more awful, over time no one will want them together.  

This whole season of Arrow is making me very grateful that Supernatural, which I used to be obsessed with, slowly went down in quality so I had time genuinely to lose interest.  Even Veronica Mars helped me by having a not-great, but not horrible (once Donut left) second season, then a third season that started out decent and went downhill over time.  This season of Arrow it's like if VM had gone from S1, IMO one of the best seasons of television ever, straight into the final third or so of S3.  

If she's says Ray's good in the sack, I doubt she's thinking of Oliver right then.  Also, I'm really starting to think they're ruining Felicity on purpose.  They won't kill Olicity right this second, because of the PR, but if they keep making her more and more awful, over time no one will want them together.  

This whole season of Arrow is making me very grateful that Supernatural, which I used to be obsessed with, slowly went down in quality so I had time genuinely to lose interest.  Even Veronica Mars helped me by having a not-great, but not horrible (once Donut left) second season, then a third season that started out decent and went downhill over time.  This season of Arrow it's like if VM had gone from S1, IMO one of the best seasons of television ever, straight into the final third or so of S3.  

R/F acting like that after she ran away from his "I love you" makes no sense. It's definitely set before 318. It's just a shame not everyone who watches will know that.

Oh, I agree with you.  But do things that EPs say offscreen count as canon?  And I think the large majority of the viewing audience won't know.  I mean, LARGE majority.  So she's going to look insane, flighty, and desperate to viewers of both shows.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I doubt they'll put anything about the timeline on the show - Flash's timeline isn't the one messed up by the change, and people who don't watch Arrow won't care.

I know it's difficult to resist the double entendres, but they probably should've resisted that. My one consolation is that thankfully it made everyone uncomfortable.

• Love 2

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining about that scene because I have seen similar scenes in Olicity fics countless times- and people seem to love it. Not that I am really looking forward to this episode of the Flash because time-wise it's weird, especially after last week's Arrow episode. 

But there seems to be a double standard in the fandom. If Ray does something it's terrible (like telling a bad guy to stay away from Felicity) but if Oliver does it it's amazing and "the hubby protecting the wifey!!". And honestly I'm so tired of it. 

• Love 3

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining about that scene because I have seen similar scenes in Olicity fics countless times- and people seem to love it. Not that I am really looking forward to this episode of the Flash because time-wise it's weird, especially after last week's Arrow episode. 

But there seems to be a double standard in the fandom. If Ray does something it's terrible (like telling a bad guy to stay away from Felicity) but if Oliver does it it's amazing and "the hubby protecting the wifey!!". And honestly I'm so tired of it. 

What scene are you talking about? Because what happens in the scenes in The Flash aren't really the biggest issue - it's the timing of them. 

And I must be in a minority because I don't want to see Felicity acting like that with anyone. No thanks.

So AK represents all those fans who only want to be Felicity to be funny and make inappropriate remarks.  I might need to create a twitter account so I can tell him exactly what I think of his characterization of Felicity and its not much!

• Love 9