• Start Topic

Do we need to explain or just list them?  Here's my list;

1 Rick Grimes

2 Carol Pelitier

3 Daryl Dixon

4 Glenn Rhee

5 Michonne

6 Sasha Williams

7 Morgan Jones (would be higher, but the current mindset has to change)

8 Maggie Greene

9 Aaron

10 Eugene Porter

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
(edited)

Do we need to explain or just list them?  Here's my list;

1 Rick Grimes

2 Carol Pelitier

3 Daryl Dixon

4 Glenn Rhee

5 Michonne

6 Sasha Williams

7 Morgan Jones (would be higher, but the current mindset has to change)

8 Maggie Greene

9 Aaron

10 Eugene Porter

You could explain if you like but it's not mandatory. After some thinking here is my list.

1. Rick Grimes(No explanation needed)

2. Carol(The character that's grown the most)

3. Daryl Dixon

4. MIchonne

5. Glenn Rhee(Has become a leader in his own right)

6. Maggie Green(see Glenn)

7. Carl Grimes(Rick Jr. lol)

8. Morgan Jones

9.Hershel(yes past characters can be included)

10. The Govenor(good villain)

Edited by mommalib

These are both favs and people I want more from. Sometimes the actor themselves bumps them up.

1. Rick - he's just interesting. Makes terrible decisions sometimes but I like a messed up protagonist.

2. Glenn - he's badass but still has morals. I want more for him.

3. Michonne - complex, sweet with Carl, badass, has grown.

4. Carol - her arc has amazed me.

5. Hershel - Scott Wilson was great. I didn't care for him in the beginning but his death was the worst for me.

6. Sasha - she surprised me. I like how badass she is, while still have faults. I liked the difference her grief was shown in comparison to other characters

7. Aaron - I'm intrigued by him. I want more from him and Eric. Their relationship is sweet and one of them better not die before we see more

8. Maggie - I've always liked Lauren so I want more for her this year too. I loved how she has taken on some of Hershel's teachings and putting them forward.

9. Carl - ugh teenagers but his story is a fascinating one.

10. Rosita - I'm one of the few who likes her, I know. But I've really enjoyed her scenes outside of Abraham. I'm torn between Eugene and her on this list, but she is more capable in this world whole Eugene is great comedy. God, or maybe Morgan but that's more because of Lennie than anything else.

I would have added Daryl if he had died say, in season three, but the last few seasons have killed the character for me so I'm a bit over him.

1.-Carol. 

2.-Rick.  

3.-Michonne.

4.-Daryl. 

5.-Merle (Yes, he was an asshole but I loved his irreverence; to  me, he was a welcome presence in season three, when everything and everyone was so serious and bleak).

6.-Glenn.

7.-Aaron.

8.-Sasha.

9.-Maggie.

10.-Mika.

Special  mention  to the  zombie who ate Lori.

1) Little walker girl from opening scene of the pilot

2) Walker Merle

3) Walker girl tied up in the trunk

4) Mrs. Morgan

5) Walker in the well (after he split in half)

6) TS-19

7) Walker who played tag with Lizzie

8) Governor's daughter

9) Chained walkers in the Woodbury Arena

10) tie - Walkers weighted down at the bottom of the river and the governor's walker aquarium

In no particular order:

Merle.   You know that much like Kenny Powers, he's an asshole you should by principle hate, but he's so damned charismatic.

Bob.   Locks himself up like John Mc Cain in a tiger cage and  chugs cough syrup and just doesn't give a fuck about the walkers trying to get him.   Gone too soon.

Herschel.

Carol.

Lizzie.

Joe.  This guy should have been cast as the Governor instead of that lame ass who played him. 

The guy Tyrese didn't kill.    Should have been cast as Gareth instead of that lame ass who played him.

Carl

Michonne

Rick

Ooooh, I love this stuff. So, here we go; fair warning, I'm super verbose.

1) Michonne - I love that she manages to be absolutely badass and extremely warm at the same time, that's a unusual combination, especially in a female character. I love that they managed to give her backstory without having her be defined by that backstory, and thinking back to how she was in season 3 it amazes me that she's somehow become the "voice of reason" character on the show.

1) Carol - Her arc is the only thing I would ever call a masterpiece on this show. Even when I thought it didn't make sense, in retrospect it did. She's one of the most well constructed characters I've ever seen.

3) Rick - it's rare that I like the main character of a show, let alone love him. Sure, I was annoyed at him when he kept flip-flopping between "kill everyone!" and "no, I'm not gonna carry a gun, thanks anyways", but as with Carol every phase he went through informs his caracter now, and Rick's current incarnation is the most interesting one. "I wanted to kill him but didn't because why waste the effort, he's gonna be dead soon anyways"? Cold, and awesomely pragmatic. Love.

4) Glenn - he's grown so much, both him as a character and Steven Yeun as an actor. He's strong and assertive, but still generous and kind. His strong morals don't make him a liability, and that's rare on this show.

5) Sasha - if anyone told me back in season 1 that there would be a storyline about a woman of color suffering from PTSD after losing the brother she loved and the man she could have seen herself loving, I would have laughed at the wishful thinking. That's a story a white man gets, not a black woman. And yet, there it was, and treated with respect. And it allowed Sonequa to shine, which I'm all for, because she's lovely.

6) Morgan - he'd be higher up, probably tied with Glenn, if he wasn't currently kind of a fuckup. He's still incredibly interesting, because looking at him you can see he has a past that made him into who he is, and I wanna know about it. It helps that Lennie James is an amazing, charismatic actor, who's building a character I'm immediately interested in, even when I think he's being dumb.

7) Noah - he was sweet, and he was kind, and he had the saddest, shortest life and the most brutal, horrible death. He was just starting to find a place for himself in the world, and in the group, after spending most of the apocalypse in the hospital of ass.

8) Tara - I know, she's barely a character, but what I've seen of her I've really liked; she tries, she tries so damn hard, and I like that a lot, because I feel like trying has become an uncool thing to do. And one of the bravest things anyone has ever done on this show was going up to a woman she was starting to genuinely see as a friend and telling her "I used to ride with the asshole who hacked your daddy's head off".

9) Maggie - she'd also be higher up, if they just let her do something. She hasn't had a story that was about her since season 3, and I hope that changes soon, because that Maggie, who refused to be victimized any more than she actually was, that Maggie rocked.

10) Carl - I hated him. Now I like him. That's hard to do, make me change my mind about a character, especially a kid (I'm really not a child person). He's found his balance, found who he wants to be when he grows up, and he's taking steps to get there. I now trust him to take care of things when he's in a scene, and he's not just the little albatross around everyone's necks anymore.

Special mentions to Abraham's mixed metaphors, which are pretty much the only thing I like about him, Rosita's and Aaron's potentials, and seasons 2-3 Daryl, who was a cool character before he became pretty much infallible and perfect.

Edited by Caelicola
  • Love 3

1) head aquarium

2) the katana

3) chocolate pudding can

4) terminus blood trough

5) Dale's RV

6) Governor's eye patch

7) Daryl's winged leather jacket

8) mason jars o' moonshine

9) hospital kiddie scissors

10) Carl's Hat - actually starting to miss it

Honorable Mention: tin cans strung on wire as camp perimeter alarms

Oh no, wait. We're talking about people. Okay, so:

1) Lori because of her warmth, wit and humor

2) Andrea because she was an excellent judge of character

3) Beth because she was the show's moral center

Oh no, wait. This is a serious exercise. Okay, here's my real list - although this list probably changes by the day:

1 - 5) The Atlanta survivors: Rick, Carol, Carl, Glen, Daryl. Could be a function of having spent the longest with them. 

6) Michonne 

7) Merle was mostly unlikeable but definitely interesting

8) Andrea - I actually did like her piss and vinegar ways even though the Woodbury year tanked her character

9) Bob - the idea of someone struggling with a pre-ZA illness like alcoholism was an interesting one 

10) Can't remember his name. The prisoner that was crushing on Carol. I wanna say Axel?

Edited by maplebrew
  • Love 1

1. Carl

2. Rick
3. Carol

4. Michonne

5. Daryl

6. Merle

7. Hershel

8. Maggie

9. The Governor (ducks)

10. Shane

Wait, I forgot Glenn.  I would trade him for Maggie, I guess.  I kind of think of them as a unit.

Edited by peach

Michonne - My favourite character.  I think DG is hands down the best actor on the show.

Morgan - I've loved him since the first episode.  Lennie James is Danai's only competition for best actor. My fears for him joining the cast have been proven right but I'm trying to keep hope alive

Rick - I miss how much I used to like Rick.  He's become a dangerously unhinged man, but he's the lead character.

Daryl - I'm not part of the NR harem but I like what he's done with Daryl. I only wish the fangirls had less influence over the direction of the show and Daryl was allowed to be more of a person and less of a pin-up boy/trophy for the most aggressive shippers

Glenn - I think Glenn is one of the most under-rated characters on the show.  If you want to talk about character development since season 1, Glenn is perfect example.  SY doesn't get the credit he deserves

Maggie - Another under-rated character.  The fact that Maggie's reaction to the death of her father and sister was pushed aside to focus on Daryl's man-pain and Carol was shoe-horned into the Grady story while Maggie went on a fool's errand with a bunch of strangers was a disgrace

Carl - He's the reason Rick does what he does.  Another character who was pushed aside in season 5.  Not one word about his sexual assault.

Tyreese - HE was the one who saved Judith along with Lizzie and Micah although he never gets credit.  One of a number of Black men sacrificed at 'Queen' Carol's altar.

Sasha - She's grown on me and I'm interested in what's going to happen with her.

Hershel - He's missed a lot.

Honourable mention

Bob - I loved Bob.

Andrea - Her loss left a huge vacuum in the show and it's still being felt.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 1

Current favorites:

1 - Carol (coolest middle aged woman on TV. I'm sorry, I mean one of the only middle aged woman on TV, making her even cooler.)

2 - Michonne (don't think I even need to explain)

3 - Rick (he might be a loose cannon at times but he's always right - except for his stalker crush on Jessie when Michonne is there

4 - Glenn (what great writing to have a character who is this strong and tough also be one of the most compassionate)

5 - Morgan (yeah, that's right, I said it) 

6 - Daryl (I won't be sexist and say it's his biceps, but oh my god have you seen his biceps??? Oh, and yes, the character's arc has been interesting too)

7 - Tara (who doesn't love a dork with a good heart?)

8 - Rosita (her confidence, humor, grit and kindness)

9 - Aaron (I think the actor playing him is killing it- his whole face says sincere and good hearted, (and a little smarter than everyone else in this town)

10 - Abraham (possibly because I adore Michael Cudlitz and have for many years, but also, he has some of the same qualities I like about Rosita)

• Love 1

The best are currently, for me:

1- Michonne (edging Rick only because she's currently the voice of reason for me) Because I don't know too many other female characters who are allowed to break the damn mold, i.e to be both badass and maternal as seamlessly as she is.

2- Rick, because I love good guys who are ruthless when people try to hurt their family, and because I find his endless dilemma between what's right and what's safe fascinating.

3- Daryl - Carol, can't choose between the natural born badass and the self-made badass. Daryl is kind of my Sipowicz on TWD, Carol had the most spectacular evolution for me.

5- Carl, because he has his father's qualities, because he's smart enough to look up to Michonne, and because he's a pretty well-adjusted kid considering his shitty "childhood".

6- Glenn, because he's decent and honorable and sweet (and not dead, damnit!).

7- Maggie, because she's strong and dependable and never gives up.

8- Aaron, because he's a responsible, nice guy and he knows to make friends.

9- Sasha, because she gets the job done and brings the snark.

10- Abraham, because he's the president of Rick's fan club.

HM: Judith, because she's hope and top of my list of "Do Not Die", Enid because she has what it takes to survive and I see in her shades of Michonne when she was alone with her pets, and Rosita, who is pretty cool and dependable whenever she has something to do.

1. Beth: She was the light of the show. After she decided she didn't want to die, she became the sunshine of the show and I really liked that about her. She got along with everyone and she was really good with Judith :)

2. Maggie: I believe Maggie is one of the strongest characters on the show. She's been through so much yet she still has this hope that not many of the other characters have. She lost her father, her sister and yet she still had faith that Glenn was alive and I really loved that about her.

3. Glenn: Glenn is the only character that has never killed another human being.

4. Michonne: Because she's a badass, enough said.

5.Andrea: I personally loved her up until she was sleeping with mayor. I loved her friendship with Michonne.

6.Daryl: Another Badass

7. Lizzie: Only because she added an interesting storyline and she showed that even in the zombie apocalypse not all children are innocent.

8. Herschel: He really cared about everyone and he shared his farm.

9. Carol: Because it's been fun watching her change throughout the seasons.

10. Rick: Same reason as Carol

• Love 1