Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Previews and Speculations (No Spoilers)

• Start Topic

This is where you can talk about the previews at the end of each episode and make your predictions based on them, or just your speculations for the rest of the season. NO spoilers except what you see on the priviews (which can be misleading, so not TRUE spoilers anyway)

Thanks and happy posting!

Anybody want to guess who gets the Express Pass? Also . . . am I remembering things correctly about Phil saying that the team that is gifted the Pass has to use it in that leg? If that's the case, whomever gets it is all but guaranteed to win the subsequent leg.

I'm thinking the Reporters get the Express Pass, leading to more "#PupperMastering."

Is it too soon to start determining leg averages?

It's hard to imagine a team other than Justin/Diana and Tanner/Josh winning. The editing just isn't there, and no team has been at that level. I know . . . Denise & James Earl finished first in the latest leg, but they needed the Express Pass to do it.

Trying to remember the teaser for the next episode. . . one of the Texans has a fear of bungee-jumping? Okay. Nice to see the Cheerleaders having fun, hate seeing Logan & Chris having another meltdown.

Is it too soon to start determining leg averages?

It's hard to imagine a team other than Justin/Diana and Tanner/Josh winning. The editing just isn't there, and no team has been at that level. I know . . . Denise & James Earl finished first in the latest leg, but they needed the Express Pass to do it.

Trying to remember the teaser for the next episode. . . one of the Texans has a fear of bungee-jumping? Okay. Nice to see the Cheerleaders having fun, hate seeing Logan & Chris having another meltdown.

Yeah, it's really hard not seeing JD or TJ winning - it's a really lopsided season. The only ones who may pose a threat are the reporters who are running a very steady race so far. The rest will be picked off one by one.

I'm betting the reporters will win. The green team will be knocked out at the second u-turn, then the reporters will beat the boys in the final leg.

Alabama is actually a pretty good team too, but I do not see any of the other three teams winning.

You can pretend the Racers are burying all evidence of TAR26.

Here are the leg averages after seven episodes . . .

2.43 Justin/Diana

2.43 Tanner/Josh

4.29 Denise/James Earl

4.43 Kelsey/Joey

5.24 Logan/Chris

6.00 Tiffany/Krista

. . .  and after taking each team's best and worst legs out . . .

1.40 Justin/Diana

2.40 Tanner/Josh

4.20 Kelsey/Joey

4.40 Denise/James Earl

5.40 Logan/Chris

6.00 Tiffany/Krista

I wonder if Justin's fandom is the factor that would drive him and Diana towards the million bucks. A better question would be whether Diana would want to be with him even after finishing first in the final leg. My calculations also don't take into account how improved the (ex-)Cheerleaders have been in the last few legs.

I'd have to same reaction to the fly that Krista did. Also, if Justin & Diana wind up U-Turning Tiffany & Krista as "payback" for the meaningless action, I'm going to hunt them down. And by "them," I mean "Justin."

ETA: Has there been a season where they went to India this late?

TAR5 and TAR20 both went to India in Leg 9 (and TAR Asia 1, but that's a weird situation because the route was mostly southeast Asia with a dogleg at the end for legs in India and the UAE), and there are a few seasons where they entered in Leg 8 and stayed for Leg 9.

So what's up with the preview for next week? My bet is that green comes in last, and are saved by non elimination

Noooooooooooooooo!

That would make sense. It sure looks like they come in last, and the recent seasons have had the last 4 go into the final with one getting eliminated halfway through.

Or maybe the shock is that this time only 3 teams go into the finale episode :-)

I saw the preview the same way.  Justin thinks he is out finishing fourth and gets a reprieve because it is another final four.  Though again the editing suggests the Reporters, always wanting to win just one leg, will win the last one and the season.  Of course the previews show the Reporters on the far left and the Green Team on the far right at the mat so maybe implying they (Reporters) win this upcoming leg next week too.

I just don't get Phil's line about "Guess you didn't see that coming."  Because a final four is now the new norm.  So that does give me pause.  But then Phil has to work with the editors to do something to make it interesting I guess.

PS:  Hey I just thought of a great reason for Justin not to finish first next week.  He decided to stop and go shopping at a mall in Hong Kong hoping to spot Oswald & Danny there.

Edited by green
I just don't get Phil's line about "Guess you didn't see that coming."  Because a final four is now the new norm.  So that does give me pause.  But then Phil has to work with the editors to do something to make it interesting I guess.

Yeah, that's the part that's got me wondering, because I'm sure Justin knows the last 2 races had a final four, and I'd be surprised if the other teams don't know that as well. So if Phil's saying that about a non-elim, then I have to give him a serious eye-roll. So I have to think (or hope) that's it's something that would actually be surprising. Such as: it's a race for last between J&D and the cheerleaders, and J&D finish third -- but are penalized for breaking a rule or not following instructions and therefore end up last. Phil's voice-over did mention something about big mistakes.

Of course, "Guess you didn't see that coming" could just be referring to the possibility of J&D coming in last.

You can pretend the Racers are burying all evidence of TAR26.

Here are the leg averages after seven episodes . . .

2.43 Justin/Diana

2.43 Tanner/Josh

4.29 Denise/James Earl

4.43 Kelsey/Joey

5.24 Logan/Chris

6.00 Tiffany/Krista

Is that actually right?? J&D and T&J had the same average in the first 7 legs?

Edited by Lingo

Is that actually right?? J&D and T&J had the same average in the first 7 legs?

The former's bottom-three placement in the premiere due to the botched FF is the outlier among two 2nds and four 1sts, yes.

However, the Dave/Rachel mimickry - right down to having an average of 2.0 by the end of the tenth leg in India - is on the brink of collapsing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMxLT4S0L6M

Edited by Vyas

Would it be a good thing if Justin & Diana were upset at the penultimate leg? As much as I hate seeing heavy favorites roll over the opposition (see: Rob Mariano, Survivor: Redemption Island), it would suck to see the Greens go. For one thing, you know they'd come back in a future edition. For another, you'd have a team that has been frequently in the back of the pack (Tiffany & Krista), a good team with unfortunate caps and little else going for them (Kelsey & Joey) and the Token Annoying Team (Logan & Chris). If Justin & Diana win, it would cap all of Justin's fantasies, and we'd probably never see him and Diana again . . . unless TAR decides to do another "Family Edition" in 15 years' time.

• Love 2

Would it be a good thing if Justin & Diana were upset at the penultimate leg? As much as I hate seeing heavy favorites roll over the opposition (see: Rob Mariano, Survivor: Redemption Island), it would suck to see the Greens go. For one thing, you know they'd come back in a future edition. For another, you'd have a team that has been frequently in the back of the pack (Tiffany & Krista), a good team with unfortunate caps and little else going for them (Kelsey & Joey) and the Token Annoying Team (Logan & Chris). If Justin & Diana win, it would cap all of Justin's fantasies, and we'd probably never see him and Diana again . . . unless TAR decides to do another "Family Edition" in 15 years' time.

Okay, you've convinced me.  I'm officially Team Green.

Lantern7, you make a compelling argument. Of course, if they came back in All Stars and had to race against a tougher field, it might be worth watching that. But no, no, you're right. Get him off the screen for good.

As a Supah Fan, Justin must read some of the forums . . . maybe? Sometimes I wonder if he wanders around in here and sees what kind of impression he's making.

Here's what I figure will happen . .  . Justin & Diana have a tough leg, and Phil will try to deke them into thinking they finished fourth, but it'll be third, and that causes Justin to collapse (in relief, as opposed to what happened to Joe on Survivor). And seeing how the commercial online doesn't have Tiffany or Krista, I'd say that they finish fourth, and TAR will break with their recent pattern, eliminating them from the final leg.

ETA: Holy crap. I'm never that on the money on anything. Here are the leg placement averages heading to the final leg:

2.09 Justin/Diana

3.55 Kelsey/Joey

4.43 Logan/Chris

Anybody who isn't a fan of the Greens can take solace in knowing that a win would still not be enough to overtake Rachel & Dave's blistering 1.83 pace from TAR20. I think they'd tie Megan & Cheyene for second all-time with 2.00. Also, a win would make Justin & Diana less likely to come back in a future season. And better them getting the money than the Paparazzi, who suck on many more levels.

ETA2: I'm basing the all-time stats on this post I whipped up prior to TAR23. I might need to update it.

This preview I found might put a smile on your face . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_7lPDLspYA

Even with the footage of the Greens in the back, I still say they win. Then Phil presents Justin with another $1 million check all for himself. Then Bertram and Elise show up to announce that Justin killed it so much this season, the show will be officially ended. Then a beam of light elevates Justin to the heavens, where he is never seen again. Then Diana goes out with one of the Texans. I still can't tell them apart.

• Love 1