Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Out of curiosity, ReidFan, because I like to hear different perspectives and because you've mentioned before that you could never go for intra-team dating, what prevents you from being able to see it, so to speak? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but I am interested.

there's a variety of reasons, but first and foremost it's because it's just simply not allowed. My husband is a cop. Although it's irrelevant in our marriage as I'm in a different field, he has worked with police officers who become involved with other police officers. They are REQUIRED to notify superiors when they're *dating*, never mind in relationships and one (usually the less senior on the force) has to be transferred to another department, another unit. They are also not allowed to be in the same unit as a parent or sibling or in-law. It's a danger to EVERY other officer in the unit, as well as themselves, when one is involved with a 'teammate' per se because as soon as one were to become involved in a dangerous situation while on the job, BOTH partners could potentially 'lose their heads' - not thinking straight, strategically, throwing safety protocols out the door etc. (I hope I made my meaning clear here). That's pretty much standard. Don't know about every other force, but in hubby's force, they won't even let spouses work in the same shift at interrelated departments (ie, the K9 unit, ERU, Air, Station Ops, Dispatch, ). This is actually one of the things that took away my enjoyment of the Hit and Run pair of episodes. JJ and Will don't even work for the same force, yet you saw the reaction when he was shot. THAT is exactly why I just don't see the believability. I know it would never wash, from my own real life. (Hated the Pigs farm episode for a similar reason)

I deal in canon. I want my own stories, as well as those I read, to be able to be fit right into the established show/movie/original source. In the case of CM, I want to be able to read a story and picture the scenes in my head, with the established actors playing them out, if that makes sense. There's never been any indication in CM that Elle, Emily, JJ, Seaver or any of them, have actually had any sort of romantic overtones with my Reid, so that, along with the fact that it wouldn't be allowed in the first place, I just don't see it happening.

That said, I will read a story anyway if it's well written and intelligent which yours always are, and the characters are mostly in character (despite the not possible in my eyes romantic angle). I've actually found a couple Reid/Prentiss one that are pretty good characterisations of both characters as well. But for me, I actually don't see Reid going for someone with the same or similar job as his anyway in the first place. He just hasn't struck me as that type. 

I hope that answered your question CStar :)

• Love 1
 I deal in canon. I want my own stories, as well as those I read, to be able to be fit right into the established show/movie/original source. In the case of CM, I want to be able to read a story and picture the scenes in my head, with the established actors playing them out, if that makes sense. There's never been any indication in CM that Elle, Emily, JJ, Seaver or any of them, have actually had any sort of romantic overtones with my Reid, so that, along with the fact that it wouldn't be allowed in the first place, I just don't see it happening.

That said, I will read a story anyway if it's well written and intelligent which yours always are, and the characters are mostly in character (despite the not possible in my eyes romantic angle). I've actually found a couple Reid/Prentiss one that are pretty good characterisations of both characters as well. But for me, I actually don't see Reid going for someone with the same or similar job as his anyway in the first place. He just hasn't struck me as that type. 

I hope that answered your question CStar :)

Thank you for such an in-depth response, ReidFan, and the ethics of inter-office romances have also been discussed in some detail in the Law & Order forum. One of the DA's fro m the show, Sam Waterson's Jack McCoy, had an offscreen reputation for getting involved with his female assistants, and later what some viewers suspected was correct, that he and Jill Hennessy's Claire Kincaid were also involved after

Claire was killed in a car accident and Jack later zealously prosecuted another drunk driver who was unrelated to that incident.

. Although I still side-eye the character, I didn't know the RL restrictions were so stringent.

That said, as normasm says, Elle left the team and the show so soon that there's leeway for their relationship to change if they were to meet again. I'm not so much disagreeing with your take on it, since I think people should be able to ship what they like, but of the female co-workers Reid has had, Elle is the one person I could see it working with. Thanks again for responding, it was really interesting to hear what you think. :-)

• Love 1

But, ReidFan, Elle was no longer a co-worker when they got together. She was "not" for 8 years, so, at least in my book, they aren't breaking any rules anymore.

oh I agree with you (both) on this account. But I just don't see Lola Glaudini and Matthew Gray Gubler together in that sense. (and I realise that's actors not characters LOL). I just don't see "Elle" as "Spencer's" type either. Again though, the awesome writing CoStar does makes it an enjoyable read, but I still don't buy Elle/Spence as a couple anyway. She's too.....um... for lack of a nicer word, bitchy  (not *to* him) . I don't see a 'sweet' and ' positive'  person like him ever getting together with such a negative type. *shrug* again, though, that's my read on her/ them....   And I have to admit too, that *because* it's CoStar writing them, I do read your stories despite having to suspend the romantic pairing disbelief. If I read a story summary or 'Reid/Greenaway' I usually just give the story a wide pass.

You know, I really didn't much see a connection between the two of them (despite the chemistry in Derailed and LDSK and others) until The Aftermath (I think it was this one) where he comes to her hotel room and tries to talk her down. From that point, I thought that Reid saw her as a woman he loved, maybe platonically, and maybe not. I could see how that feeling for her would grow and maybe change over time to something more mature, as he matured.

• Love 1

and I must admit, so far, of all the CM fiction I have read, CStar's and amusement345's are my favourite authors, even if neither pairing is one I care for/believe in, the writing is so superb I'll read it anyway :D

• Love 4

I've read a lot of fan fiction in my lifetime, and not just those related to CM. I'm not a prude, but badly written sex scenes in fan fiction makes me want to close up shop. And I have read some really bad CM fan fiction sex scenes that make EL James look like Anais Nin. So I take great joy when I do find well-written sex scenes partnered with excellent plots and character development (blows kisses to CoStar Stargazer).

That being said, I thought this was a very interesting article:

http://bookriot.com/2016/02/17/the-anatomy-of-a-bad-sex-scene-in-literary-fiction/

• Love 2

Whenever I write a sex scene- or any scene in particular- I tend to focus on the why it's happening as opposed to the "what". If the scene is about two lovers having rough but passionate sex, you talk a lot about just how haphazard and frenetic things are. If it's about soothing romance you talk about how gentle and soft the lovers are with each other, perhaps going into overdrive about how the sex strengthens their bond. If it's a "lie back and think of England" scene, you talk about how businesslike the couple is during the act.

Then there's rape. I feel I should make a special mention of this because too many writers view it as simply "unwanted sex" when rape isn't just about the sex. If you want to write an effective rape scene, it behoves you to remember that it's about power and dominance, and that's what you need to focus on- either what the perpetrator's anger issues and reasons for wanting to dominate the victim or the victim's feelings of helplessness and despair. I should also mention that while it could happen, having the victim falling in love with their rapist either during or after the event is very rare, and if you invoke it you'll likely get a lot of eye rolls from your audience. I don't want to say that the storyline can't be done- I never say never, especially when it comes to the creative process- but it's really important that if you are going to do something like "victim falls for the rapist" that you take extra care with the storyline and that you're committed to it.

Whenever I write a sex scene- or any scene in particular- I tend to focus on the why it's happening as opposed to the "what". If the scene is about two lovers having rough but passionate sex, you talk a lot about just how haphazard and frenetic things are. If it's about soothing romance you talk about how gentle and soft the lovers are with each other, perhaps going into overdrive about how the sex strengthens their bond. If it's a "lie back and think of England" scene, you talk about how businesslike the couple is during the act.

Then there's rape. I feel I should make a special mention of this because too many writers view it as simply "unwanted sex" when rape isn't just about the sex. If you want to write an effective rape scene, it behoves you to remember that it's about power and dominance, and that's what you need to focus on- either what the perpetrator's anger issues and reasons for wanting to dominate the victim or the victim's feelings of helplessness and despair. I should also mention that while it could happen, having the victim falling in love with their rapist either during or after the event is very rare, and if you invoke it you'll likely get a lot of eye rolls from your audience. I don't want to say that the storyline can't be done- I never say never, especially when it comes to the creative process- but it's really important that if you are going to do something like "victim falls for the rapist" that you take extra care with the storyline and that you're committed to it.

That falling in love idea is usually very uncomfortable to me, especially when the victim is involved, but it reminded me of the Criminal Minds fanfiction idea that I have. 

The killer abducts a convicted rapist, and a woman, a convicted murderer or something, and locks them into a small room covered with surveillance equipment, then gives them the ultimatum: ha rapes her in the next few hours, or she kills him in the same time period. The one who succeeds, lives. If none accomplish their "tasks" in the given time, they both die. 

Neither want to follow the orders, fearing the criminal prosecution despite the circumstances, and thinking that the abductor would kill them at the end anyway, and they try to think of the way to break free together. And they are right: the unsub considers not following through on any commands, despite the threats, as the only right response. There would be some implication in the end, where the woman asks the team can she take a ride at the ambulance van with him (the second hostage). I see the man maybe being portrayed by Brian Austin Green and the woman by Cote de Pablo. 

I never wrote it, since it has always seemed too similar to "Saw", or "Through The Looking Glass", to me. 

and I must admit, so far, of all the CM fiction I have read, CStar's and amusement345's are my favourite authors, even if neither pairing is one I care for/believe in, the writing is so superb I'll read it anyway :D

The more I read CoStar's Spellebound fan fiction the more I think she has the workings of a true novel. Now obviously there is a lot she'd have to change so it doesn't look like a CM rip-off and she doesn't get in trouble. But I really think she could make her fan fiction a knockout book!

• Love 1

The more I read CoStar's Spellebound fan fiction the more I think she has the workings of a true novel. Now obviously there is a lot she'd have to change so it doesn't look like a CM rip-off and she doesn't get in trouble. But I really think she could make her fan fiction a knockout book!

I agree, Booky, and I also feel that way about aMusement345. Each have their way with in-depth character studies. They should share with the wider world!

• Love 3

I agree, Booky, and I also feel that way about aMusement345. Each have their way with in-depth character studies. They should share with the wider world!

How much do I owe you?

• Love 2

[sally Field]"You like me, you really like me!"

I've actually tried to write long projects for National Novel Writing Month, NaNo for short, which is where you try to write fifty thousand words in thirty days in the hopes of getting a publisher to look at your work, but it's fizzled out both times. I can't decide if it's because the time constraint is not my friend or just because shorter pieces fit my style better. Fifty thousand words in a month is a lot more difficult than it sounds, and while I've got more ideas than I do time to flesh them out properly, I think the best I can hope for right now is a book of short stories. But thank you for the praise and the encouragement. :-)

• Love 1

Yep, these two should go for it. And if they get their work published I'll use my PR skills to promote these books at my blog.

https://thebookselfblog.wordpress.com/

How much do I owe you?

I'll do it pro bono.

U2-Bono-MacPhisto.jpg

"You rang, Bookish Jen?"

"I said pro bono, not Bono. Now shoo! I'm busy!"

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 3

I need help ASAP.

Can anyone tell me Garcia's favorite foods? 

I'm struggling with this chapter haha.

I can't remember, sorry

but she says she is a vegetarian and she has a sweet tooth :D

• Love 1

I can't remember, sorry

but she says she is a vegetarian and she has a sweet tooth :D

Yeah haha I remembered that much. I figured something out haha. thanks though :)

Idea #14

The basic premise: In Pittsburgh, two prostitutes were murdered within a month, both stabbed to death. Two weeks later, another prostitute and her john were found stabbed to death. BAU is called in. It seems that the murders may be religiously motivated: all the bodies have been covered with white sheets, cross shaped smears found on their foreheads, and traces of water found on the scene. BAU initially focuses on local Catholic priest, Eric Green, who runs a local shelter often frequented by homeless men and prostitutes, and a sex offender who lives in the area: in 2007 he raped a woman and stabbed her non fatally. But as the new victims turn up, the case starts heading into a very different direction.

The unsub(s): Brenda Teeger. She was raised by an abusive and neglectful parents. In her mid teens, she became a runaway, and, eventually, a prostitute and an alcoholic. She eventually managed to get clean and find an actual job, partially with Eric's help. She also became extremely religious. Brenda and Eric tried to help her friend Maggie too, also a prostitute, but that proved difficult due to Maggie's drug addiction and poor background. Within months, Maggie was found stabbed to death in an abandoned building that she sometimes sleeped in. Months passed, but there were no leads in the case. 

Starting as of one year anniversary of Maggie's murder, Brenda began killing. She would kill her victims in the same manner Maggie was killed, in a different neighborhood than the one Maggie was murdered in, to avoid attracting attention to herself. She would either solicit the victims and murder them after ruling them to an isolated location, or go around the known pick up sites and stalk them for some time, attacking once the opportunity would present itself. Her first murders (which led to BAU being called in) were, in part, mercy killings, and, in part, vigilante killings. She eventually progressed to murdering johns and pimps, and those murders were mainly vigilante killings.

Eric is eventually cleared off the suspicion of murders, but the investigation uncovered his affair with one of the nuns, starting a process that will likely lead to the Church stripping him (and her) off their duties.

I imagine Eric being portrayed by Jeremy Jordan, the nun by Rene Felice Smith. Brenda could be portrayed by Alessandra Torresani.

Real life inspiration(s): Jack the Ripper (loosely)

I have an idea for a fan fic that I just shared with CoStar. I can't wait to get her response. Now I just have to find the time to write it, or at least take a stab (hee, hee) to write it. I'm more of a non-fiction writer than a fiction writer.

I also have a couple of actual episode ideas. Should I share them here or on another thread?

• Love 1

I have an idea for a fan fic that I just shared with CoStar. I can't wait to get her response. Now I just have to find the time to write it, or at least take a stab (hee, hee) to write it. I'm more of a non-fiction writer than a fiction writer.

I also have a couple of actual episode ideas. Should I share them here or on another thread?

I think you can share them here. I do so myself :) Looking forward to reading your story!

• Love 1

I think you can share them here. I do so myself :) Looking forward to reading your story!

Thanks, Mislav. I'll share my episode ideas once I have them more fully formed and share them once I've given them more thought. In one possible episode, the unsub is based on an actual blogger who is a total female misogynist whose followers are the type of man boys that will send chills down your spine. The other is an unsub profiled by the BAU that turns out to be innocent but due to mishandling of evidence by LEOs and the unsub's bad legal team (for the most part, the BAU haven't done anything wrong, but they do feel some after-effects, especially Dr. Reid).

As for the fan fiction, that will have to wait til possibly this summer. Right now I have other pressing writing and editing work to be done. But I'm happy to have your interest.

Okay, here is my first episode idea:

A female Charles Manson

Through her blog, a woman inspires her very disturbed followers to rape, torture and kill women. Her blog posts are filled with hateful comments about women are are raped and victims of domestic violence. She calls victims of rape, sexual assault and violence against women "whores and c****" from her blog, YouTube account and various social media. She has libeled quite a few activists who work on behalf of victims. She convinces her very maladjusted followers that most accusations of rape, sexual assault, and other assorted violence are totally false, and it's actually the rapists and assailants who are the true victims. Needless to say, she does this under a pseudonym.

In her off-line life, this female Charles Manson looks like your average soccer mom you'd meet at the local grocery store or a PTA meeting. She is very pretty and seems nice and friendly. She lives in the suburbs and drives a mini-van. Her kids seem well-adjusted and do very well in school. Her husband is a nice guy with a great job.

This unsub, however, is truly psychotic; there no major trauma in her background other than the usual problems many face in their lives. Yes, her parents could be strict, but they weren't abusive. And in fact, there were quite indulgent of their daughter. This unsub is just a really, really horrible person.

This case brings back a very notable woman from the BAU's past, Elle, who is now a very well-respected victims' rights activist. And because I'm a total Spelle-shipper, Elle and Spencer rekindle a romance.

Any thoughts?

Elle being a victim's rights activist is a nice idea and totally befitting her character. If only she and Hotch know she killed William Lee, how she wrestles with that and keeps it under wraps would be an interesting story.

This idea...I gotta be honest, I don't like it very much.

First of all, the whole "she's not who she seems to be" is so overused these days that it's a cliche at this point. I mean, yeah, guys like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson certainly fit that bill, but the trope gets so much mileage that it just doesn't have the impact it once did any more. Plus, truth be told, if you were to go to anyone who is friends with a suspected killer, 99% of the time their friends and family would say "I never saw it in him/her." It's just not that special anymore.

I think the real big thing, though, is that this killer is essentially "doing it for the lulz". I grant that this is realistic, but just because it's realistic doesn't make it entertaining. For me, I watch a show like Criminal Minds because I want to understand why the criminals do what they do- it's the most engaging aspect of the series, and the fact that this UnSub has no reason for doing what she does is frankly dull.

Give me some motivation for what the UnSub is doing, some insight into why she does what she does and why she targets her targets in this specific way- this way I'm at least engaged with the UnSub's story. Furthermore, her motivations drive the narrative and dictate her actions and her interactions with others, as well as how others respond to her. Not only do interactions provide conflict, but motivations give you something to build on. From my own perspective, someone "doing it for the lulz" gets tiring after a while because I've got nothing to build on. An UnSub on a mission- now there's something I can build upon.

It doesn't have to be much. Even if this female Charles Manson was simply motivated by a false rape accusation herself- this can happen- it may be a "paint by the numbers" reason but at least it's something to build upon. The UnSub now has something to motivate her and make her want to defeat the feminists and the activists and Elle, giving more urgency to the story and the BAU's own mission. With urgency, there's more tension and thus it becomes a lot more engaging.

Sure, a rape apologist who kills is bad enough, but that person could just as easily "stop" out of sheer boredom and eventually the principals in the story would move on to other things. A lot of people kill, so there's no point "sticking" with this story because there's many others that will be just like it.

However, a rape apologist who's striking because her or her boyfriend was wrongly accused and won't stop until "those whiny 'victims' are taught a lesson about who's the real criminal"- now there's someone you need to stop. You don't want that mission to succeed, do you?

I could go on about how there are tons of other angles to this story, but for now I want to stick with that. There's a nice premise, but I need something that will draw me in further.

First of all, the whole "she's not who she seems to be" is so overused these days that it's a cliche at this point. I mean, yeah, guys like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson certainly fit that bill, but the trope gets so much mileage that it just doesn't have the impact it once did any more. Plus, truth be told, if you were to go to anyone who is friends with a suspected killer, 99% of the time their friends and family would say "I never saw it in him/her." It's just not that special anymore.

Fairly random, but related, so:

Ann Rule, who wrote the true crime book Small Sacrifices, among others, knew Ted Bundy personally and considered him a friend before he was arrested and charged with the murders he committed. They worked together at.....wait for it......a suicide prevention hotline in Seattle, and I couldn't make that part up if I tried. The late Ms. Rule's relatives were involved in law enforcement, including two sheriffs, a medical examiner, and a prosecuting attorney. I would imagine that he must have been able to fool her into thinking he was normal on some level, given her forays into more or less making a career of writing about murderers.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

A female Charles Manson

Through her blog, a woman inspires her very disturbed followers to rape, torture and kill women. Her blog posts are filled with hateful comments about women are are raped and victims of domestic violence. She calls victims of rape, sexual assault and violence against women "whores and c****" from her blog, YouTube account and various social media. She has libeled quite a few activists who work on behalf of victims. She convinces her very maladjusted followers that most accusations of rape, sexual assault, and other assorted violence are totally false, and it's actually the rapists and assailants who are the true victims. Needless to say, she does this under a pseudonym.

In her off-line life, this female Charles Manson looks like your average soccer mom you'd meet at the local grocery store or a PTA meeting. She is very pretty and seems nice and friendly. She lives in the suburbs and drives a mini-van. Her kids seem well-adjusted and do very well in school. Her husband is a nice guy with a great job.

This unsub, however, is truly psychotic; there no major trauma in her background other than the usual problems many face in their lives. Yes, her parents could be strict, but they weren't abusive. And in fact, there were quite indulgent of their daughter. This unsub is just a really, really horrible person.

This case brings back a very notable woman from the BAU's past, Elle, who is now a very well-respected victims' rights activist. And because I'm a total Spelle-shipper, Elle and Spencer rekindle a romance.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for sharing your idea with us, BookishJen. Exploring misoginy among women is an interesting topic.

I like the idea of the woman convincing others to commit the crimes through the Internet.

I also like that Garcia would-obviously- be featured in the story but without the "magic computer" angle as much-obviously, they can't track down the unsub right away.

Like other posters have pointed out, I would like to know why the unsub turned out that way-well, I'd like there to be a reason behind it. Though I notice that, in early seasons, the show wouldn't focus on that background angle much, and I still adore those seasons. But I still think we should find out something. Maybe her husband was accused of rape though never convinced, forcing them to move?

I agree that "not what she seems" angle is overused, but it is often true to life and it seems fitting here.

• Love 1

I also have kind of an undeveloped idea... In Texas, brother and sister break out of prison together, make their way to the town they grew up in, and start committing rapes and armed robberies together, all over the place, as a revenge to the abuse that they endured in there. They are a little, uhm, *too close* also...

A female Charles Manson

Any thoughts?

I think it kind of depends on what kind of writer you are or want to be, and what interests you.  There are writers who are excellent at plotting out a case, and the story is all about the plot.  For me, it's very different.  For me, it's all about the characters and their relationships, with the case serving as a backdrop.  You still want a case that interests you, and is well enough thought out.  But it doesn't matter if it's been done before.  What hasn't?  It only matters that this is the first time it's been written by you, with your version of the characters.  

PS  Love Elle as a victim advocate.  I'd kind of like to know how she made that journey.

• Love 1

It doesn't matter if it's been done before.  What hasn't?  It only matters that this is the first time it's been written by you, with your version of the characters.

Noted, but I do think there are some story ideas that have been used so much that you absolutely have to be invested in writing that kind of story and doing your own "spin" on it, instead of using it as a "throwaway" reason for a story. For me, "the criminal isn't the same person normally" is almost in the same category as "the butler did it"- it just wouldn't engage me as a base premise. The writer needs to do much more with it to make it worth my while.

In this case, how and why the UnSub uses her facade would be a big factor. Does she want to lull potential victims into a false sense of security? Does she loathe her community but can't leave for some reason (because she's got kids to raise or a job she likes)? Is her community a great place for procuring victims but she needs to be discreet about it? Does she need to hide it from her husband because he wouldn't understand or even like what she's doing? There's many different ways to go about it.

In short, having a normal person turn out to be a criminal shouldn't be "the twist"- it's important to develop a reason for hiding her criminality to make it work.

Maybe her husband was accused of rape though never convinced, forcing them to move?

Or, you go further- he actually did rape someone, but because the prosecution sucked, he wasn't convicted. Since his wife sees things as "black and white", she views the acquittal as proof that the accusation was false, and thus starts to believe every other rape accuser is also lying.

Perhaps the BAU, then, investigate this crime and reveal the truth, which they use as leverage against the UnSub to get her to reveal where she's keeping her final victim, which she does because now her whole raison d'etre for committing her crimes was based on a lie.

I have another story idea but I feel TERRIBLE for wanting to write it... mostly because I am Reid fan, and he has suffered enough... but I can't get it out of my mind.

Anyway... the BAU team is called in to investigate a school shooting, in the middle school in New York. The shooter apparently didn't commit suicide, but managed to flee. Spencer recognizes one of the surviving victims, a woman slightly younger than him (she worked as a teacher there). He knew her, briefly, when they were children, before her family moved, and she actually seemed to be a true friend of his-maybe the first he ever had. Now, during thr investigation, he talks to her, tries to get her to remember any useful details. They seem to get along well and it appears this will be one of Spencer/OC romance fanfictions. But in the end, it turns out that she committed the murders and shot herself in order to set the investigation off the track. Spencer is the one to realize all of that. Spencer is shocked to learn that she hurt innocent people and ruined his childhood memory that he considered "perfect", but she just doesn't give a damn.

I can understand why many of you would want to know what is the angle behind my female Charles Manson. And I do like the ideas of either her husband or a past boyfriend were falsely accused of rape and that set her off. I also came up with an idea that she falsely accused a past boyfriend and now assumes every accusation of rape is false.

But I've been hate-reading this broad for a while, and I have no idea why she is so off the rails. She mentioned she and her siblings were abused by both her parents, but she total forgives her father, even revering him. But the hate for her mother is mind-blowing and quite disturbing. She's also bragged about bullying and tormenting women during college, grad school (she admits she got her MBA just to get her MRS), and in the work place. She's just batshit and scares the living shit out of me. And her followers are just as bad. I left a very mild comment at her page, and her followers told me I should be raped and tortured. Due to my very Jewish-surname, I was called a k*** and a Jew bitch.

Shudder

• Love 1

There are so many great works of literature and light out there, too many to get through in a lifetime.  With that kind of feast before you, why spend any amount of time at all reading something filled with hate?.   

• Love 2

I can understand why many of you would want to know what is the angle behind my female Charles Manson. And I do like the ideas of either her husband or a past boyfriend were falsely accused of rape and that set her off. I also came up with an idea that she falsely accused a past boyfriend and now assumes every accusation of rape is false.

But I've been hate-reading this broad for a while, and I have no idea why she is so off the rails. She mentioned she and her siblings were abused by both her parents, but she total forgives her father, even revering him. But the hate for her mother is mind-blowing and quite disturbing. She's also bragged about bullying and tormenting women during college, grad school (she admits she got her MBA just to get her MRS), and in the work place. She's just batshit and scares the living shit out of me. And her followers are just as bad. I left a very mild comment at her page, and her followers told me I should be raped and tortured. Due to my very Jewish-surname, I was called a k*** and a Jew bitch.

Shudder

There's a number of ways you can go about this:

1) She has or had a boyfriend who was accused of rape but was acquitted, with the accuser doing it because she hated the boyfriend in some way. You could add- as I suggested before- that the boyfriend really did commit the rape but the prosecution was terrible, which won him the acquittal. This would make the UnSub's motivations based on a lie and would give the BAU an "in" to get her to surrender.

2) You could substitute "boyfriend" with "father" in Example 1, with the event occurring in the UnSub's youth (if not resulting in her birth). Father and mother would be separated, if not divorced, and the UnSub lives with her father. The mother frequently asserts she was raped, but, because of the Daddy-Daughter bond, the father routinely tells his daughter that the mother is lying, and the UnSub believes him.

3) In her youth, she was repeatedly abused by her father, who "passed her around", thus "normalizing" the abuse in the eyes of the young UnSub. She never got past this psychological conditioning, causing her to believe every woman "wants sex" and thus "no one is ever raped".

Edited by Danielg342

Does anyone know/have a fanfiction where Alex returns? Like, triumphally and all? I've been working on my Alex fic but still... also, she will be more of a victim in that one (abducted and all).

But I've been hate-reading this broad for a while, and I have no idea why she is so off the rails. She mentioned she and her siblings were abused by both her parents, but she total forgives her father, even revering him. But the hate for her mother is mind-blowing and quite disturbing. She's also bragged about bullying and tormenting women during college, grad school (she admits she got her MBA just to get her MRS), and in the work place. She's just batshit and scares the living shit out of me. And her followers are just as bad. I left a very mild comment at her page, and her followers told me I should be raped and tortured. Due to my very Jewish-surname, I was called a k*** and a Jew bitch.

Shudder

First of all, sorry about your experience. Nobody deserves such a treatment. I hate prejudices.

Second... on the Internet, unless you are Garcia, you can only go by what the people reveal about themselves. For all you know, that "woman" may not even be a woman. It may all be made up. Maybe it's all the work of a very sick, elaborate troll. You think she is evil for no reason because she has basically portrayed it that way.

But that female Charles Manson in your planned story, although based on a "real" person, is your character. And you are free to reveal ANYTHING and EVERYTHING about her life. It baffles you that she, the inspiration, is evil for no reason-if there is a reason, what do you think it would be? Think about it that way.

I've written an episode tag for "A Beautiful Disaster" if anyone's interested.. Reid reflects on the events of the day

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11864774/1/Doors

or

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6379225

thanks!

You did an excellent job capturing Reid at a pivotal moment in his life. I wish you and CoStar would be hired to write for CM and bring Reid back to life. And you'd even get to meet Matthew (who should consider himself to be lucky to share the same atmosphere with you two talented dames).

• Love 2

There are so many great works of literature and light out there, too many to get through in a lifetime.  With that kind of feast before you, why spend any amount of time at all reading something filled with hate?.   

Thanks for your concern, JMO. Believe me, as a voracious reader and a book reviewer, I read a lot of great books including the classics, memoirs, novels, various non-fiction on everything from pop culture to politics.

However, as a liberal, progressive feminist I must inform myself of ideas and opinions that are different from my own to get a "profile." I started doing this even before I was old enough to vote. I started out reading more conservative voices like Cal Thomas, Kathleen Parker and the late William F. Buckley. Sure, I disagreed with them but I found for the most part they were respectful, nuanced and conducted themselves with some dignity in their views. Heck, one of Cal Thomas' besties is the liberal Democrat Bob Beckel.

Then the conservative movement and its ideas began to go off the rails bringing us Fox News, pundits like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter and politicians like Sarah Palin and the current crop of GOP presidential candidates. And as the Internet got bigger and bigger, I noticed many of these extreme voices were expressing themselves via various websites, blogs, social media and YouTube.

Interestingly enough, I used to write for a now defunct liberal website. Often for my articles, I had to read these various forms of views via the Internet as research. I read them as research. Yes, I was disgusted by their views, and still am. But I feel it is important to read them as research and as warning of what our country just might become if we let these people shape our views and ideas on everything from religion to the environment. Plus, some of my contacts in the alternative media have been targets of these horrible people. One of them just mentioned she is getting threatening emails from some of these pundits' followers. So it is important to watch them...like a hawk.

• Love 2

This is dedicated to all of my favorite fan fiction authors who write sex scenes that don't make me cringe with embarrassment. Love all of you to bits!!!!

Both out of curiosity and as a general question: what constitutes a cringe-worthy sex scene?

Obviously there are those who have no idea of how to write "good sex", but I'm wondering if it's more than that. In my experience, a fair amount of fanfcition in general centers around characters who aren't together in canon for any number of reasons. Either they're married to other people or they're not inclined towards their own gender and in some cases the characters have never even met before due to being on different shows. Personally crack-shipping is my Kryptonite, mainly because I so seldom get what I want pairing-wise from TV that I end up having to read about it outside of the show.

I'm mostly asking because I'd like to pair up a non-CM character, and I'm wondering if it would be so cringe-worthy that no one would read it.  Those of you here who have read my stories know that I try to make it seem at least halfway feasible that X Pairing could happen, so any advice I could get would be much appreciated.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer