Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds Fanfiction

• Start Topic

Two more ideas (think of them as a bizarre Christmas gift):

Idea #5

The basic premise: In Las Vegas, several people die after drinking a few different sodas obtained from different vending machines. All sodas have been laced with herbicide paraquat.

The unsub: Jason Wangler, a notorious local drug dealer. He first started out as a serial burglar and worked in several different soda factories. The DEA made a bust on one of his main warehouses a few weeks prior to the murders, confiscating much of the money and drugs, as well as arresting two of his close associates. Both refused to testify and there were no evidence linking him to that place. But he wanted to get the money back, quickly. He, with the help of few of his assiciates, sneaked in the several poorly secured establishments containing vending machines, broke in, laced the drinks (by injecting the herbicide through the top of the bottle with the syringe) and wrapped everything back up before leaving. (He was familiar with the herbicide paraquat and had an easy access to it because he would keep it at hand before, in case he had to ruin coke plants upon finding out the police may be on their way to get him or dispose of the plants that didn't develop properly.) After the word about the deaths broke out, he started blackmailing the manufactures of one popular brand of soda he had been poisoning, threatening to continue killing if they didn't transfer two millions dollars to his offshore account or reported his demand. (That was the brand of soda he would mostly plant the poison in, and he only poisoned a few other brands in order to set the investigators off the track.) The company didn't notify the police or FBI at first out of fear of causing more deaths and getting themselves a bad reputation.

Real life inspiration: Japanese vending machine murders

Idea #6

The basic premise: In Phoenix, Arizona, over the few months, several hunters and hikers have reported seeing a creature roaming in the woods, dressed in an old, dirty military style rain-cloak, and always with a gas mask over his face. He would do no actual harm, even picking up flowers at times, though he was reporter carrying a common switchblade a few times. The BAU is called in after a local teenager is found dead in that forest, near one of the reported sightings of "the creature", his throat slit, his shirt ripped off, and "STAY AWAY" carved into his chest. The murder weapon, a common switchblade, was found in a hollow tree, near a different reported sighing.

The unsub(s): "The creature" turned out to be a young man living in the area, who recently moved there with his wife. The whole thing was a part of their BDSM role playing. They stopped their "game" after realizing that they have attracted news attention, but a young local news reporter, Leslie Bellinger, mainly responsible for publicising the news, wanted more. Unable to impersonate "the creature" herself (not even close to the approximate height, weight, and build reported), and unwilling to pay somebody else to do it or pay off false witnesses, she lured a local teenager in the forest, near one of the reported sightings of "the creature", murdered him and then estaged the scene. It is revealed that she was raised by neglectful parents and tried for years to build a notable career for herself, which probably led to her taking up such drastic measures.

Real life Inspiration: The Gas Mask Creature of Switzerland (also known as the ghost of De Meaules [or Le Loyon])

Edited by Mislav
  • Love 2

Idea #7

The basic premise: There's been a trend of parents shaming their children online in order to teach them a lesson for years now, in USA and many other places. (You steal something, you have to hold a "I'M A THIEF" sign, parents take a picture and post it on the Internet, etc.) When three children in Pittsburgh, who were online shamed before, turn up stabbed to death, BAU has to find the unsub whose motive is way different than what it seems.

The unsub(s): Jeffrey Davies, the first victim's father. His son was emotionally scarred by online shaming Jeffrey had inflicted on him (in order to stop him being a bully) and ended up committing suicide by slitting his wrists. Jeffrey estaged his son's death as murder, even hiding the knife (initially to "savor the memory on him, or what was left of it"). He later began tracking down other children who had been online shamed and murdering them by stabbing them to death, thus closely resembling the way his own son died (he used the same knife his son had too). He blamed other parents for setting up that trend, encouraging him to take it upon his son. Instead of killing them, he decided to take away, from them, what he felt had been taken away from him, because of them, also punishing their children in the process (for giving their parents a reason to online shame them in the first place).

Real life inspiration: the murder of Michael Taylor

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11665685/1/Gone

This is my first successful fan fiction, 15 chapters so far :)

I've read first five chapters, and will read the next five tomorrow. You really got me hooked on this story line. You brought Garcia back to her original glory. You show, don't tell in your writing, but you also keep things suspenseful. Your way with dialogue is very good; I can actually imagine the BAU crew speaking these lines. Bravo!

We seriously have some talented fan fiction writers here at PTV-CM Unit. Many of you should be hired by CM. I am not kidding. And because I have written about pop culture, including television, since college I should be hired to write copy about CM-related topics for CBS's website. Seriously, the garbage they publish on the website makes Tiger Beat look like the New Yorker.

• Love 2

I've noticed that one of the main complaints regarding the later seasons of Criminal Minds is that many cases are way over the top and unrealistic, with little to no actual real life inspirations. I actually didn't mind it as much until the latest two- three seasons ("The Inspiration"-ugh...). A few posters have mentioned some of the more realistic later episodes ("All That Remains", "Gabby", "The Edge of Winter") and I really enjoyed those a lot.

This is maybe more of a fanfiction related topic (thought I am not sure will I turn any of this ideas in fanfictions), but I think that I have a few ideas that could actually work as the episodes and be interesting while still somewhat realistic. You can comment on my ideas, leave your own or even make a rewrite of the episodes you think had potential but were handled badly!

Idea #1

The basic premise: The team is assigned to a serial sniper case in Brooklyn. The unsub has shot three random people within a week, murdering one (a young woman in her car, on her way to work: a gang member in the alleyway: and an eldery woman on the city market).

The unsub(s): It turns out that a local teenager accidentally shot and killed the first victim. He was actually aiming at the man who molested him when he was a child, who just got out of prison. Heartbroken, he confessed everything to his mother, who shot two other people non fatally while her son was at school (an alibi), so the first murder would seem like just a first murder in a series of random shootings her son couldn't have been involved in.

Real life inspiration: John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo (they murdered ten people in order to cover up the murder of John's wife)

Idea #2

The basic premise: A young local homicide detective from Portland, Oregon, reaches out to the BAU, asking for their help. A young Native American woman was found dead in her house, raped and strangled to death, on October 20th. A year prior, another young Native American woman, a store cashier, was raped, robbed and strangled to death late at night at her workplace, on October 20th. That case has never been solved and she thinks that the two murders may be connected.

The unsub(s): Ryan Booth, the first victim's boyfriend and a petty criminal. He snapped and murdered her after finding out that she had been cheating on him (she was also pressirung him to find a new job at the time). He felt a sadistic pleasure at extracting his revenge on her and felt thrilled by the fear and outrage present in the community following the murder.

But that soon died down, the case turned cold, and he later lost his job. He snapped and, on the anniversary of the murder, murdered the woman who resembled the first victim in the same manner. After getting caught, he claimed that he "just wanted to have control, be powerful" and "to feel like "somebody" again".

Real life inspiration: The February 9th killer

Idea #3

The basic premise: Somebody posts a video on young woman being raped, tortured, and then murdered by two young men, on YouTube. The video can not be removed or traced to the author because whoever posted it did so on a YouTube account made by the use of an anonymous email account, and uses a few high quality proxy servers. The pen name is "TheSlaveMasters".

Sometime later, another video is posted from the same account. This one actually includes the killers issuing taunts to the police, FBI, and the community in general at the end. The videos (except for the taunts at the end) are actually composed out of smaller parts of many different tapes, so it's hard to say when the victims were murdered and are some being held captive at the moment. In both videos, the killers wear leather marks, like the ones used in BDSM sex acts, and have muffled voices. They also gag their victims and make them wear the same masks. Some of the phrases used and details in the description of the video suggest that the crimes may be happening in Wisconsin.

Some of the sayings featured on the end of the second video suggest that the unsubs were checking on the comments a lot, so one of them may even be posting there. Since there are no comments made by the pen name "TheSlaveMasters", they must be using some other account. After zeroing in on one, equally well protected, the team tries to start a conversation and get the unsubs to reveal some information about themselves.

The unsub(s): Michael (21) and Johnny Bell (19), brothers. Their father was an abusive drunk who would regularly abuse them and their mother, sometimes even raping her in front of them, and the mother would then take out their rage on them. Their father died from alcohol poisoning when was ten, leaving them alone with their mother, who would also drink regularly, abusing them physically and emotionally. They raped and murdered her when the older was twenty, got away with it, and cashed her life insurance policy.

They moved to the nice house in the suburb, started the private furniture business, and soon began abducting, torturing, raping and murdering young women that they were somehow familiar with and would get fixated on (a co worker, a pizza delivery girl...), after building a dungeon designed for that in the basement. They would usually murder the women after raping and torturing them for two or three weeks, videotaping every detail. They would then butcher up the bodies with an axe, store the body parts in the trash bags and dump the bags in the river.

Real life inspiration: Leonard Lake and Charles Ng, John Edward Robinson

Idea #4

Basic premise: There was a female serial rapist active in Philadelphia from 2007 to 2010. She claimed fifteen victims: ten girls and five boys, all between ages of fourteen and seventeen (don't ask "how"-I'll just say the objects and... medications were used at times). She then stopped all of the sudden. In 2015, one of her former victims, Lucy Eggers, publishes the book about her experience, revealing her identity, and that she has since worked hard to raise awarness about the female sex offenders and started several support groups by herself.

Soon after the book promotion, a fifteen year old girl is found beaten, raped and stabbed to that in her room-other than the murder, the M.O. matches to the one of the serial rapist to the T. The killer wrote a message, in blood, on the wall: "BECAUSE OF YOU, LUCY EGGERS."

The unsub(s): Heather Sanders. She was raised alone by an abusive father, her mother having left the family when Heather was five, unable to take the abuse anymore. One night, when she was fourteen, she got into an argument with her father, and he beat her up, then locked her outside. She was ruled in the car by a hebephile and a fetishist burglar, who abducted her and kept her captive for months, raping her repeatedly. He often commented how he had been trolling in different neighborhoods, lusting after those "stuck up, rich girls", but abducting one of them would always feel too risky for him, so he was "undescribably happy" once he found "her".

Her father eventually confronted the known sex offender in the area, whom he deemed responsible. He ended up murdering him and was convicted of manslaughter. Heather's abductor eventually tried to abduct another teenage girl, a low risk victim from an upscale neighborhood, with Heather's help, but that attempt failed. Enraged, he brutally beat Heather and raped her multiple times. She eventually managed to grab the knife he used to threaten her with and stab him to death, then find help.

The murder was ruled self defense and she wasn't legally charged: she spent the rest of her teenage years in a foster home. She eventually started living on her own and found the job at the chocolate factory. She also started attending support meetings for rape victims regularly.

When she was twenty, she found out that her father got killed in a prison riot. That was her trigger, and she began her attacks against teenagers a month later, wanting them to experience the same thing she had: that is also why she targeted low risk victims from upscale neighborhoods.

She stopped due to a growing possibility of being discovered and since she started dating a woman that she had met on the support meetings: who was submissive, petite/young looking, and would go along with her sadistic fantasies. But when one of her former victims made her story public, showing how much she has recovered and managed to help other rape victims, she decided to strike again.

Real life inspiration: The Original Night Stalker, John Joubert

And yes, I know that "The February 9th Killer" already served as a loose inspiration for "Nanny Dearest" :)

I actually think that the idea #1 may be the most realistic one, while the idea #4 is probably the least realistic.

"You have to live with what you did forever. They don't."-Derek to the unsub in idea #4.

Ah, this is a topic close to my heart!

Does anyone know any fanfiction with Alex Blake or Kate Callahan as the primary character?

AOE (Archive of Our Own) also lets you search by character.

Also, I tried to PM you but it says you can't receive messages, so here's a link for you to check out if you're interested.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer

I've read first five chapters, and will read the next five tomorrow. You really got me hooked on this story line. You brought Garcia back to her original glory. You show, don't tell in your writing, but you also keep things suspenseful. Your way with dialogue is very good; I can actually imagine the BAU crew speaking these lines. Bravo!

We seriously have some talented fan fiction writers here at PTV-CM Unit. Many of you should be hired by CM. I am not kidding. And because I have written about pop culture, including television, since college I should be hired to write copy about CM-related topics for CBS's website. Seriously, the garbage they publish on the website makes Tiger Beat look like the New Yorker.

Thank you so much! That really means a lot! I've worked so hard on this :) Posting every night possible. I only missed last night because I didn't have wifi and tonight because I left my ipod(My chapters are written in my notes) at work. Thank you so so much for those kind words!

Happy New Year's Eve and New Year to you all, and your loved ones!

One more idea (this one was co-written with Joxerlives- that is his IMDb pen name)

Idea #8

A series of murders of young white men in Manhattan and Brooklyn makes worldwide headlines but the BAU realise that they are exact copies of the murders of young African American men which received no publicity at all or were poorly investigated/unsolved. The team are faced with a random killer who is trying to force the media/society to confront their prejudices.

The unsub(s): Vicky Matthews. In February 2006, an African American youth named Stephen Johnson was found dead. The death was soon ruled as suicide, apparently without much investigation, even though the gun was reportedly found seven feet away from his body. That triggered bunch of protests and even riots in several neighborhoods.

In March 2006, Vicky's mother was murdered by a burglar. Vicky, seventeen at the time, was convicted of a manslaughter and sentenced to ten years in prison. She believed that the police didn't investigate her mother's murder well enough and ended up ruining the DNA evidence because of all the protests and the riots happening in the city at the time, that happened as the result of the police from a near by neighborhood mishandling the investigation of Stephen's death.

Her long term cellmate, doing twenty years for bank robbery, insisted that she received the harsh sentence due to the judge being racist and constantly talked to Vicky about the murders and acts of police brutality, some that she [Vicky] would later copy. She committed her first murder shortly after being released from prison, on the anniversary of her mother's murder.

Real life inspirations: many different murders, including the murder of Renisha McBride

I imagine Vicky being portrayed by Kristin Bell and the cellmate being portrayed by Tiffany Hines.

Edited by Mislav

This is just a piece I wrote, a scene based on my idea #4. Not sure will I turn it into a fanfiction eventually.

(DEREK and SPENCER are in the hallway, near the back door. The lock is broken. The hallway leads to the victim's bedroom. Opposite to the bedroom is the living room. There are many family photographs on the walls. There is a cupboard near the living room door, a phone and some minor valuables placed on it.)

DEREK (looking at the door): She could have easily broken in through the bedroom window. But she broke in through the back door.

(He observes the broken lock.)

This must have taken some strength.

SPENCER (walking around): Also, she committed most of the rapes between eight and ten pm. She attacked this victim between eleven pm and one am.

DEREK (walking towards the bedroom): This neighborhood has the pretty well organized neighborhood watch. Frequent patrol from seven pm to twelve pm, every hour or two afterward. And there aren't many houses near the back door.

SPENCER (following him): That explains it. She knows her way around the neighborhood, even this particular house.

DEREK (stopping): Maybe she lives here. Or even has relation to the victim. Obviously, the book promotion set her off. She committed the murder two days later. She couldn't have had enough time to select the neighborhood and then the random victim. That's a good lead.

SPENCER: That can't be said about the previous four neighborhoods. All the victims were less than a miile apart. No attacks were more than two months apart. Nobody from the neighborhood even matched close to the profile.

(He frowns.)

The alarm didn't go off?

DEREK: No, even though it was turned on. I talked to Garcia. With that type, if you are quite the distance away from the device itself, don't make much noise and move slowly, you can avoid setting it off. The brand is pretty new though.

(They walk toward the bedroom together, looking around.)

SPENCER: There were many valuables on the way to the room in plain sight. Paintings, money basket... And in the room too... money, laptop, MP4... but, like during her previous attacks, she stole none.

DEREK (opening the bedroom door): So, she wasn't incarcerated, institutionalized or incapicated during the previous five years.

(They walk into the room and start looking around. There is a big bed to the middle, and there are still traces of blood in the room, and the bloody note on the wall above the bed. There are many family photograph and movie/music posters on the walls, closet to the left and the writing desk to the right.)

SPENCER (walking and looking around): Jenny [the victim] kept the room pretty tidy. Judging by the photographs, nothing was moved or ransacked by the unsub.

(He frowns, having noticed something on the floor, near the bed.)

SPENCER: Except for this gym bag. On all of the photographs, it is on the floor, by the middle. Now it is in the corner. There are some fresh scuff marks on the floor too. It was like that on the crime scene photographs too.

(He walks over to that place and looks in front of himself: he has a perfect view to the bed.)

SPENCER: A perfect position for a camera. Used to videopate the attack.

DEREK: She stuck to that element too.

(SPENCER walks to stand in front of the bed, reading the note.)

SPENCER: "Because of you, Lucy Eggers". Very direct threat. Very carefully written. Maybe the book promotion wasn't as much of a stressor as the blow to the unsub's ego. She felt like she had to do this, as an act of revenge.

DEREK: Unfortunately, who knows how far she plans to take that revenge. And she got a taste of her old medicine again...

SPENCER: Why not just rape Lucy again? Or murder her?

DEREK: Lucy dedicate her life to helping other rape victims by relating herself to them. She wrote the book about that. If she was directly targeted, she would feel hurt, but would get nothing but sympathy from the public. This way... (He groans.)

(Short silence.)

SPENCER: The unsub didn't go after any of her other victims either.

DEREK: Yeah. That's odd.

(He sighs and looks around some more, while SPENCER is studying victim's school notes. DEREK stops near the door, having noticed something.)

DEREK: Some of the victims were awake when she attacked them. They all stated that she launched at them as soon as she entered the room, then incapicated them.

(He turns to face SPENCER.)

DEREK: She only had to open the bedroom door. It was unlocked. But if she had done so quickly, aggressively, she would have damaged or at least disrupted this stack of books in the corner near the door. Or break the mirror near by.

SPENCER: So, she sneaked in?

DEREK (shaking his head): I'm not sure. The autopsy revealed many defensive wounds. Jenny's phone was found on the floor, smashed. The parents testified that she always kept it on the bedside table.

SPENCER: Maybe the door was slightly ajar already. Once the time was right, the unsub rushed in, happening not to move the door much further, and attacked her.

(He frowns.)

SPENCER: If Jenny had left it that way, she would have likely heard or sensed something. The break in took some force, it was pretty cold outside... she didn't even get the chance to call 911.

DEREK: Unless the unsub positioned the door that way shortly prior to the attack.

(He turns toward the door again.)

DEREK: So, she was looking at Jenny for a while. Working up the courage.

(Short silence.)

SPENCER REID: Something happened during the previous five years. Something that made the unsub less brazen, even less violent. And we don't know why.

DEREK (sighing): Well, that's over now.

Edited by Mislav

Mislav, you're coming up with some really good episode ideas based on real-life scenarios. I wouldn't mind CM doing this if they do it with some nuance and don't make it look totally obvious like Law and Order: SVU tends to do.

And while working on some research for a case today, I noticed our client lives on a street called Skin Creek Road. Wouldn't that be a great name for a CM episode? Right now I'm imagining Matthew jumping round in his mismatched socks, all jacked-up like he's on a cocktail of Red Bull and Pixie Stix,, and saying to himself, "Skin Creek Road? I'd totally want to direct an episode called Skin Creek Road!!!!!!"

• Love 1

Mislav, you're coming up with some really good episode ideas based on real-life scenarios. I wouldn't mind CM doing this if they do it with some nuance and don't make it look totally obvious like Law and Order: SVU tends to do.

And while working on some research for a case today, I noticed our client lives on a street called Skin Creek Road. Wouldn't that be a great name for a CM episode? Right now I'm imagining Matthew jumping round in his mismatched socks, all jacked-up like he's on a cocktail of Red Bull and Pixie Stix,, and saying to himself, "Skin Creek Road? I'd totally want to direct an episode called Skin Creek Road!!!!!!"

Thank you! That would be awesome haha.

I remember that, in early episodes, Derek would often walk around the crime scene, saying "I'm..." Trying to get inside the unsub's head. I wonder why did they drop that.

• Love 1

I remember that, in early episodes, Derek would often walk around the crime scene, saying "I'm..." Trying to get inside the unsub's head. I wonder why did they drop that.

My guess? So they could focus more on his muscles than on his intellect.

• Love 2

A piece for idea #3 (the video of murder posted on YouTube). How do profilers profile the unsubs without the body, the crime scene, and the knowledge of victim's identity?

(The main room. All team members are sitting around the table, trying to derive conclusions from the YouTube video the unsubs have posted. The board near by is full of photographs, police reports, and print out comments. SPENCER just finished re-watching the part of the video on his tablet.)

SPENCER REID: Their voices are pretty scrambled up, but judging by the word composition, few recognizable parts of the accent and the technology required to make such quality videotapes, the unsubs are definitely Americans and this tapes couldn't have been made more than two years ago.

DEREK: Taking in the account the mention of FBI in the summary and the common characteristics of such type of serial killers, and their obvious need for attentions, the murders likely occurred in USA as well and the killers still reside here.

TARA (looking at the pile of files on the table): No murders in Virginia or five close states dating back two years that match to... what we saw. And it will take forever to go through missing person's reports, even for Penelope. Even if we narrow the list down, we can positively identify the victim based on this video.

DAVID ROSSI: Well, we know for sure that the unsubs are Caucasian men in their early to mid twenties.

(He frowns at the print out photographs of the unsubs, posted on the board.)

One of them is taller and stronger than the other and seems to be more active participant in the crime. He is probably the older one, and a dominant party.

AARON HOTCHNER: But still, they both participate in tortures, rapes, and the eventual murder. Their bond must be strong.

JJ: They may be long term friends, cousins, maybe even brothers or step brothers.

SPENCER REID (frowning at the photographs): They appear to share some physical similarities. The same eye color, similar body build...

(He stands up and walks over to the board. He takes a closer look at the photographs of the victim and tech reports.)

SPENCER REID: The video is obviously composed out of many singled out parts of different tapes.

(Drawing a timeline on the board and plastering the photographs above it when fit.) 

During the first ten minutes, there are barely any bruises on the victim, despite the brutality of the attacks. Then the first cut. Then there are many bruises, most of them blue. Five minutes, another cut. Still blue, but there are more of them, another cut. Yellow bruises. Seven minutes, another cut. Still yellow. Five minutes, another cut. Purple. Ten minutes, another cut. Green bruises, it lasts for fifteen minutes, and they kill her at the end.

(He sighs and takes a step back, looking the information over.)

I'd say that they kept her captive for about two weeks, maybe even three. 

(SPENCER pulls one photograph off the board and puts it on the table, showing it to the others.)

Also, look at the door in the background.

(They all look at the photograph.)

Heavy steel door, with two differenf deadbolts on. Very clean, no cuts, dust, rust. *Spencer lists likely brands/models the way only he can*

DEREK MORGAN: I'll tell Garcia to pull out the sale list of this type of door and leather masks in parts of USA dating back two years from now and cross-reference the data.

SPENCER REID (pulling out another crime scene photograph): And take a closer look on the floor and walls.

DEREK MORGAN: It is all covered with a thin layer of clean protective plastic.

JJ (pointing at the corner of the photograph): Look at the window. In the very corner of the frame.

(They all look at that area closely.)

It is covered with the black plastic from the inside.

AARON HOTCHNER (sighing): That is a dungeon. Carefully constructed and secured.

(JJ turns to her laptop. She lifts the lid, opens the video file and rewinds it to the 20th minute.)

JJ: And listen to this. The part when they pull the gag off in order to hear the victim cry out... maybe the only "clean" piece of audio in this video.

(She plays that part. Everyone listens carefully.)

JJ: Pretty strong accustic. And deep. And now the gunshots.

(She rewinds to the final minute, where the victim gets shot multiple times.)

Bang-bang-bang. And again, bang-bang-bang. Bouncing back and forth and echoing, every time. The dungeon is located in the basement.

TARA: The dungeon obviously isn't sound isolated, but if it really is located in the basement, with thick walls and heavy steel door, and if they live alone, they would likely have no problems getting away with it. If they live in that house, I mean. Gary Heidnik kept six woman captive in the basement located in his house, eventually murdering two.

DAVID ROSSI: Leonard Lake and Charles Ng tortured and raped dozens of people that they kept captive in the basement of Leonard's house, leaving some alive for weeks before shooting them to death in the back yard and cremating the bodies. Joseph Fritzl kept his daughter Elisabeth captive in the basement for twenty four years. The basement located in his house, that he, over the years, shared with his wife and seven other children.

TARA (frowning at the photograph of the victim, now dead): The blood is pretty dark red and not rare at all. Despite the injuries, it took her about a minute to die... they watched her, obviously enjoying in that. On some parts, you can even see remains of the food and empty plastic water bottles on the floor. Despite such sadism and disrespect towards her, they must have been giving her food and water regularly, maybe even medications. 

(She sighs.)

They wanted to keep her alive as long as possible. As their sex slave, punching bag. Until they grew tired of her.

DEREK MORGAN: Despite all the countermeasures, they seem strangely easy going in that place. And they must have been spending a lot of time in there. So it is likely located inside their home, and they live together.

SPENCER: They were able to torture and rape the victim for weeks, both at day and at night. 

(He gazes at others, realizing that they have been taken aback by his conclusion.)

Although the dungeon is in the dark the whole time, due to the plastic over the windows, in some parts all the lights in the dungeon are on. In others, only few of the lights are on. They still had some natural light source during that timed, despite the protection.

And such preparations take money, and education. High security door and locks, first class leather masks, anonymous email accounts, proxy servers...

TARA: So they likely have the job, but the sort that is easily manuvered. They probably work at home, maybe in union.

JJ: They are obvious well familiar with the Internet, movie editing... maybe website designers? Freelance artists?

DAVID: Freelance journalists?

SPENCER: Doubtful.

JJ: How so?

SPENCER: Though they did a great job with editing the video, they didn't really put much work into the YouTube profile itself. They don't even have the avatar. They obviously want to shock people, mock the authorities, they want fame, attention. But they only posted the video on YouTube. The journalists would probably submit it to several different sources within a short period of time, to ensure that it would spread around, attract as much attention possible.

AARON: They can be sculpturists, or into the furniture business.

DAVID: They do appear to be in a good shape. And strong.

AARON: This probably wasn't their first victim either. They already had the dungeon, masks, plastic and the camera ready. There are absolutely no signs of hesitation or remorse. They managed to keep the victim alive for at least two weeks and disposed of the body so well that it still hasn't been recovered. The video wasn't composed out of complete tapes and they are aiming for shock, but still... what we get to see is pretty revealing. 

(Looking at the file.)

They used very common chairs. Easily obtainable.

TARA (going through the files): The first weapon, held by the older unsub, is Remington 870 shotgun. The other is caliber .22. No serial numbers or any other distinctive characteristics ate seen. There are over thousands of both of those rifles in Quantico alone. And those are just the registered ones.

(She stops and frowns, looking at some of the print out photographs.)

TARA: They both used high quality rifles. Well preserved. And look at the way they aimed the victim before they began shooting. They are hunters, experienced ones.

(Short silence. AARON groans.)

AARON: Of course, all these information would be useful if we knew in which STATE they live. For a start.

Slightly off topic, but I've been playing with this Criminal Minds fanfiction idea that is starting to develop into a movie idea of mine... A teenage girl and her friend are abducted by the members of the Satanic cult. They rape and murder her friend in front of her and are about to do the same to her when the police arrives and rescues her. 

Years later, that girl, traumatized, lives in a mental institution. She reads a poem written by another young girl, published in a literally magazine, about a Heaven on Earth. The poem is metaphorical, but the girl takes it literally, escapes from the institution, abducts the author and her boyfriend, and forces them to lead her to the "Heaven". She believes thar the girl is a prophet who sent her the message. The movie would be titled "Promises Of Paradise".

Idea #8 

The basic premise: In 2005, in Houston, Texas, twenty year old Jake Call was sentenced to death for the murder of twenty five year old Zoey Douglas. She was found brutally stabbed to death in her home. Jake's fingerprints were found on the crime scene and her blood was found on his clothing, the witness saw him near the crime scene at the approximate time of the murder, and the items stolen from the house were found in his possession. He eventually confessed to the murder. The conviction has been controversial, since Jake reportedly has an IQ of 73. 

At the time the episode airs, he is scheduled to be executed in three days. Several members of "The Innocence Project" have managed to point to several highly suspicious details: such as the murder weapon being brought to the scene rather than taken from the house, and bloody shoe prints being cleaned up. But the evidence is still pretty concrete and Jake still maintains that he committed the murder. The BAU has to interview him in order to determine was he capable of committing such an organized murder and is it possible that somebody, somehow, manipulated him into believeing that he murdered Zoey. They also have to look into the victim's abusive husband and a sex offender who lived in the area as the suspects, and confront with the local police's controversial tactics.

The unsub(s): Eric Douglas, the victim's stepfather. He molested her when she was a child. He lost the interest when she turned ten and she came to repress those memories. Sometime prior to her murder, she started visiting a psychiatrist, so she could deal with her developing depression and difficult marriage situation better, and came to remember the abuse. 

She tried to blackmail Eric into giving her a lot of money so she wouldn't turn him in. In fact, she planned to report the abuse to the police sometime after receiving the money, figuring that nobody would believe his story about the blackmail following the arrest for molestation, even if he told. She wanted the money so she could start a new life with her daughter after the trial, somewhere far away from everything. But Eric murdered her.

Jake broke into the house sometime later, with an intent to burglarize it. He found Zoey: she was still alive, but barely. He panicked and fled. That is how his fingerprints ended up in the house and how blood ended up on his clothing, and why the stolen items from the house were found in his possession. It also explains why the witness saw him near the scene. The shock and guilt he felt, combined with his mental problems and manipulation by the local police, led him to believe that he actually committed the crime.

Idea #9 

The basic premise: Three registered sex offenders have been brutally murders in Los Angeles.

The unsub(s): Walter Brooks. He was raised by a single mother, who was abusive and extremely religious. He would display signs of schizophrenia from an early age and was shy and withdrawn at school, often bullied by the other students. At the age of ten, he got to live a little happier life while being baby sat by a nice local teenage girl, Melany, but that ended after a few months, when her family moved out of the area.

His mother died when he was fifteen, and he had a mental break down as a result, that led to him being institutionalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. He was extremely antagonistic during his first few months in the mental institution, often trying to escape and refusing to take his medication. He once bit his psychiatrist and punched the nurse. He was institutionalized for ten years before being release and prescribed a necessary medication, with a recommendation to talk to the therapist regularly. He was under a strict surveillance for a year following his release.

In the waiting room, he met a young woman named Lyndsay O'Reilly, who would visit the therapist due to being raped by her coach at the age of fifteen. He became found of her, since she reminded him of Melany.

Lyndsay learned about Walter's illness and possible violent tendencies, as well as his extreme religiouness, and eventually gained his trust and started manipulating with him.

She first convinced him to stop seeing the therapist: he did, lying to her that he found another one, due to the finantial issues. Lyndsay then started spending a lot of time with him, showing him the sex offender registry and convincing him that those people were demons that had to be destroyed for the greater good. She would also replace his medications with a similar looking steroid pills, thus worsening his mental condition and making him more aggressive over time (easily obtained since she worked as a pharmaceutical sales representative). 

That way, Walter started brutally murdering registers sex offenders in the area, starting with the one who raped Lyndsay. By her instructions, he would attack at night with a matchete that she provided to him, with the gloves over his hands. Also by her instructions, he would take the victim's IDs after the murder and bring them to her, as the evidence that he has completed his "assignment". The trust that she has gained ensured that he would never turn against her. Just in case, she would always carry a concealed gun while interacting with him.

Most of my ideas require the unsub's identity remaining a secret until the end of the episodes, for them to work, but this one would feature Walter and Lyndsay throughout the episode. Over the episode, we are led to believe that Lyndsay is Walter's hallucination, possibly a loved one who was raped and/or murdered, and she actually seems pretty innocent, but in the end it turns out that she was a real person, manipulating with him all along, thus putting a new spin to the whole "hallucination twist ending" (terribly overused on this show).

The BAU team manages to prove her involvement by finding a secret compartment in her house, containing the victim's IDs.

Hey Mislav :) Did you ever finish reading Gone? I'm currently writing the first chapter for the sequel so it should be up soon! Just thought I'd let you know!

Hi! I'm sorry, but I haven't had much time for reading lately. I will definitely keep reading though, especially now that the weekend is near. I review each chapter after reading it, so it will be easy for you to follow how far have I gone.

• Love 1

Idea #10 

The basic premise: The team has to reflect upon their past experiences and race against time after their former colleague, Alex Blake, goes missing.

The unsub(s): Heather Bell. She was raised in a poor family: both of her parents were alcoholics and they would abuse her, and her younger brother (to whom she was very close with) often: mostly emotionally, but sometimes physically too. She had a juvenile record for petty theft and vandalism. When Heather was fifteen, in 1985, her brother was diagnosed with leucemia. 

Sometime later, Heather abducted the fifteen year old girl from a near by town, Mandy Dillon, demanding two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in a ransom note left at the abduction sight. She kept Mandy in an abandoned house near her [Heather's] home. While in Heather's captivity, Mandy had an epileptic seizure and died. 

Heather managed to collect the ransom ( that she later used to pay for her brother's treatment, lying to her parents that she "found it") and she dumped Mandy's body in a river, where it was discovered a week later. The case remained unsolved. 

(Just for clarification, she threw the body in the river located in the same town where Mandy lived, to set the investigators off the track. Sometime later, for the same purpose, she wrote a taunting letter about her crime, mailing it to the local precinct and several newspapers. She sent the letter from that town too.)

Alex first heard about the case while on academy, when she was specializing herself in a field of forensic linguistic. The case really intrigued her and she even wrote a few college papers about it. She would later often mention it during her lectures.

Heather grew up to be a successful novelist, mostly writing mystery and romance novels. Alex eventually happened to read a few of Heather's books: she came to see many similarities with Heather's writing style and the one in the letters relating to Mandy's abduction. The short bio in the end also mentioned the town where Heather had grew up in, the one located close to the one where Mandy Dillon had lived.

After doing a long Internet search on Mandy, Alex managed to find out that Mandy's brother was diagnosed with in 1985 and managed to make a full recovery by 1990. She also found a few photograph of Mandy from 1985, and deduce that she looked pretty similar to the description provided by the witness (now dead), who saw a young girl lurking around Mandy's house at the approximate time of the abduction.

Alex sympathized with Heather, since her [Alex's] own son had died from cancer. Not to mention, Heather was married with children of her own, had been just fifteen at the time, and apparently hadn't re offended since, and was still close with her younger brother, and outside some circumstancial and behavioral evidence, the case seemed pretty thin. Alex reached out to Heather, trying to convince her to turn herself in, but Heather decided to murder her. 

Heather stalked Alex for a while, getting to know her habits, and found out that Alex's husband, James, was on a trip, and was supposed to come back in a few days.

Heather abducted Alex, holding her captive in her [Heather's] summer house. She planned to keep Alex alive until James was back in town: that way, she could murder Alex and frame James, and somehow estage that Alex took off on her own, for some reason, a few days prior. Heather abducted Alex as soon as possible (before James returned, rather than just murder her once he was back) because she didn't want to risk Alex sharing her discovery with anyone.

Of course, the team ends up finding Alex just in time :)

Real life inspiration: none really, I just want to see Alex back :) 

A flashback scene with Reid attending her lectures before she joined the BAU would be nice, especially if she would mention that case.

Idea #11

The basic premise: After three troubled youths have been brutally murdered in Chicago, the team has to look into an urban legend about a young drug dealer called "The Monster Of Navy Pier". The M.O. seems to match but there are however, serious doubts about did that person even exist. The victims have been brutally stabbed, beaten, and even set on fire.

The unsub(s): Elaine Monroy, raised by an abusive mother and stepfather, both alcoholics and drug addicts. She was actually the first drug dealer in that neighborhood, starting with marijuana that she would steal from her father, at the time the neighborhood started deteriorating. She eventually moved on to breaking into the drug stores (in different neighborhoods) and stealing medications that she would later sell on her "territory". When one of the neighborhood kids threatened to report her, she stabbed him in the eye with the switchblade. She stopped her activities in 2000, after her boyfriend managed to take her away from her family and let her move in with him.

Shermain Walters, raised by a single mother who died of a drug overdose when he was ten. He kept running away from foster homes, and was convicted multiple times for burglarly and possession of narcotics.

After getting his hands on a large amount of clean cocaine, he decided to make a name for himself in one of the known drug infested neighborhoods, where Elaine used to operate. He heard stories about her and, figuring that "he" must be inactive, decided to assume that "role". Copying her M.O., he first murdered one of the rival drug dealers, then stated murdering the teenagers who would refuse to work for him. 

Real life inspiration: Lisette Lee

I got my inspiration while watching "How I Met Your Mother", when Lily talked about being some sort of a badass/street thug as a teenager and nobody believed her, but in the end it turned out to be true. Episode 8x8.

I imagine Elaine being portrayed by Franka Potente.

If somebody wants to write fanfiction based on my ideas, feel free to contact me :)

A Spencer/JJ moment, from Idea #11

(At the location where the first body was found.)

SPENCER: He left the body out in the open. Why?

JJ: To shock people? Get attention?

SPENCER: He didn't pose the body, and this doesn't appear to be a very... traffic alleyway. Among the people willing to co operate with law enforcement, anyway.

(He frowns, deep in thought. Short silence.)

He is trying to send a message... but what kind? And why?

(Short silence. They walk around, looking over the crime scene.)

SPENCER: Forensic testings showed that the unsub used a dry cleaning agent. Not a very common accelerant, and not a very reliable one. It is likely something that he has at hand and is familiar with. That could help us narrow down the search.

JJ: He is obviously violent, and strong. So, he is young, probably in his late teens to early twenties, familiar with the area, maybe a local. He owns or has an easy access to a vehicle, possibly a van.

SPENCER: And there is also the mystery of the burns on the body. Burns obviously weren't made by accident, neither were they the cause of death. So it should be one out of four things: a ritual, a torture methods, a way to obtain information by force, or a forensic countermeasure.

Although the original M.O. has yet to be researched, there are no indications of such ritual in the original crimes. If the unsub was sadistic, he would probably start with the hands and feet, move to the face... make it last. If he wanted to obtain information, he wouldn't have used the accelerant. Not with this level of organization. Too risky. And if this had been a forensic countermeasure, he would have burned the whole body or at least all of the clothing. Apparently, the burning itself is the only common element with that part of the original crimes.

(He freezes, his face lighting up.)

Maybe that's the whole point.

JJ: A copycat?

SPENCER REID: It would explain the discrepency. And since this murders, as far as we know, otherwise aren't that different from the crimes in 2000, the unsub was likely in his late teens to mid twenties back then too. Sixteen years have passed since then.

JJ: Two different unsubs.

SPENCER: And only one of them currently active.

A flashback scene for Idea #10

(ALEX is standing in front of the students in the conference hall; there is a PowerPoint presentation projected onto a near by board, currently showing the photograph of Mandy Dillon. SPENCER is there also, in the first lines, appearing to be particulary interested.)

ALEX: You might have heard about this case. Mandy Dillon. Fifteen. Abducted from on May 26th 1985. Ransom demand left on the scene.

(She clicks at the remote. The photographs of the ransom note appears on the board.)

Made out of the news cut outs. The parents paid the ransom, didn't notify the police at first. The abductor never returned her. The police was finally notified. No leads. Her body was found a week later. Dead since about a day after the abduction. 

STUDENT #1: Murdered?

ALEX: She had an epilepsy. She went into a seizure at some point and died. The case is still unsolved, sadly. But from forensic linguistic point of view, it's pretty interesting. Careful use of perfect and past perfect, barely any swear words or slang, every dot in place, no misspellings... the abductor was a native English speaker with, at least, the solid High school education, possibly a local.

(SPENCER is listening to her and watching the note carefully, obviously very interested.)

ALEX (looking at the presentation): The constant use of the second person, "you" form, in the writing style, shows that the criminal is distancing himself, or herself, from the crime. Probably his, or her, first serious offence. That would also explain why the abductor offered all the details in this one note and then stopped all the communication. Usually, the abductor only gives out the basic instructions in the first correspondence and then gives out more details as the deadline approaches. That also likely means that the abductor himself was near some sort of a deadline at the time. In a desperate need for money, a lot of money, with the limited time and resources. But the constant use of the victim's name, both the first and the last, shows that he likely had little to no personal connections to her.

(She sighs, turning towards the students again.)

ALEX: There is a big possiblity that the person responsible was a young woman, probably from a lower class.

SPENCER (actually surprised): How can you know that?

(ALEX smiles. Some students chuckle. SPENCER straightens himself up a little, blushing slightly, waiting for the answer.)

ALEX: There are plenty of descriptions, but very little details about the threat at the end. That is very consistent with the young, female abductor. 

(Turning back toward the presentation.)

All the words, cut outs, are placed in a very short distance from one another. There was very little glue used, so little that some cut outs almost fell off. Not to mention, forensic examination revealed that the types od paper and glue used were cheap and very common. The letters were cut out from a very common local newspaper. How many rich or even middle class people, obviously approaching somr sort of a deadline, would do that? The killer was, well, using the cheap items at hand and saving the material in the process. 

STUDENT #2: While making a ransom note?

ALEX (turning back towards the students, a smile on her face): Many of us are creatures of habits. Even criminals. Many things that we do are subconscious. Especially when it comes to writing.

(She clicks at the remote. The photograph of the second letter appears.)

ALEX: The perpetrator sent another letter a month later. A taunting letter. To the local precinct and several newspapers. This one is different. Many insulting remarks. Details about Mandy's body. Her death. But the person did reveal the information only the killer could have known. And all the other case details and the first letter point to a single offender. So, the same person definitely wrote both letters.

SPENCER: Maybe he, or she, wanted to set the investigation off the track.

(Short silence. ALEX grins.)

ALEX: I think so.

[After the lecture...]

(ALEX is packing her back, about to leave. Most of the students have already left. SPENCER approaches her. He looks a bit shy, timid.)

SPENCER: Hi.

(ALEX looks up at him and smiles.)

ALEX: Hi.

SPENCER: It was really good. Interesting. Your presentation.

ALEX: Thank you. I'm glad to hear that.

SPENCER: I'm actually from FBI. Also. FBI BAU SSA Spencer Reid.

(He held out his hand, smiling. ALEX returns a smile. They shake hands.)

ALEX: SSA Alex Blake. Well, I'm quite honoured.

(SPENCER chuckles.)

ALEX: I'm about to leave now...

SPENCER (confident, but obviously excited): We can talk outside. Or in the cafeteria. There is one near by.

(Short silence. ALEX seems to be considering that proposition, slightly surprised.)

ALEX (smiling): We can.

(They leave the hall together.)

Idea #12

The basic premise: In 2012, woman named Melany Gould was found dead in the house that she had shared with her husband, Gill, and her infant daughter, Julie. She had been brutally beaten with a tyre iron, strangled with a curtain cord, and brutally stabbed all over the body post-mortem. Her husband was the suspect: neighbors and family members confirmed that the two had been arguing often in the weeks prior to her death, and a bloody palm print found on the wall next to the body had matched to him (he claimed that he had left it while trying to help her). Still, there was not enough evidence to charge him. The man that Melany had dated, Alan Bell, who once beat her up and spent two years in prison on the charge, was also interrogated, but ruled out as a suspect once his alibi checked out. The case remained unsolved.

In 2016, Gill's second wife, Sandy, was brutally stabbed to death with the garden scissors in the family yard, and is now at the hospital, in a critical condition. The team has to look into both cases and find out is Gill Gould just a man with an extremely bad luck or a cold blooded murderer. However, as the investigation progresses, it turns out that Melany's ex-boyfriend may not be so innocent either.

The unsub(s): Leslie Monroy. She and her older brother, Danny, were raised by an abusive parents, who would often physically abuse them in order to establish "discipline", all the while mantaining that "that was all for their good", and sometimes even giving them regards for behavior that they considered remarkable. But still, due to abuse, both Danny and Leslie grew up to be pretty antisocial and withdrawn, sometimes lashing out at their peers. That would only bring on more punishments from their parents, who mantained that they "have been raising them right" and that there is "something wrong" with them. In order to scare them, their mother would sometimes tell them stories about their deceased grandfather (her father): he was a nice, ordinary man, until one day he walked into his workplace and shot several people to death, then committed suicide. The mother would always insist that she was nothing like him though. 

When the siblings grew older, they learned that the story was, in fact, correct. They also came to learn that their parents, who started dating in High school, had had two more children before them, putting both up for adoption. Leslie's father died in a car accident when she was ten: he had been driving while drunk.

Danny eventually graduated and was planning to move out, his life finally taking turn for the better. But he soon got involved in a store robbery and died in a gun fight with the police officers. Leslie, fourteen at that time, had hard times dealing with the loss. She attempted suicide soon after the funeral: her mother rescued her and then, like any good parent (sarcasm), beat her as a punishment. A year later, Leslie dropped out of the school and went to live on her own.

At the age of sixteen, Leslie got drunk with her boyfriend: they got into a fight and she murdered him. She was tried as a juvenile, found guilty on a manslaughter charge, and was given five years. She graduated while in prison, and did an extensive research about genetics and serial killers.

When she got out, she did a lot of research in order to track down her "lost" siblings, including researching family trees, sneaking into the hospitals and foster homes in close proximity to her family home and High school that her parents had attended while disguised as a cleaning lady, and using services of a PE named Ned Keller. After several months of research, she managed to track them down both. Her sister, Melany Gould (later her first victim) was happily married. Her brother, Marcus Dill, was in prison, serving the lengthy sentence for multiple rapes, his first parole hearing being scheduled for 2020.

Leslie started stalking Melany and her family. Melany and Gill argued a lot at the time. In Leslie's (disturbed) mind, that meant that Melany was a dangerous individual, with evil genes, much like herself [Leslie]. After witnessing one more argument between Melany and Brian, Leslie broke inside and murdered Melany. Knowing that Melany was an organ donor, she did a horrific post mortem mutilation to the body, to make sure that none of the organs could be transplated into another person. Leslie couldn't bring herself to murder the child, presumably due to an abuse that she had suffered as a child and a miscarriage that she had had at the age of fifteen. She cleaned up the crime scene the best she could and fled. Soon after, she murdered Ned too, making the murder look like a botched burglary and taking all the materials about her siblings with her, in order to cover up her tracks.

As Spencer would explain, Leslie would have probably committed suicide after those murders, if there hadn't been for Marcus. She needed to wait for him to get out of prison, so she could murder him too, committing suicide later, and therefore putting an end to her family line. 

She started going to the anger management meetings often, eventually falling in love and getting married to one of the volounteers active in the facility. They had a child together, which further delayed her plans, and she seemed to be both over protective and controlling as a mother, hoping her daughter wouldn't grow up "evil".

Leslie continued to stalk the Gould family, being especially active around the anniversary of Melany's murder, so she could see how Julie was developing, was she of the "evil blood" too. Gill's new wife, Sandy, spotted Leslie during one of those stalkings, near the anniversary of Melany's death, and confronted her in the family yard. Leslie panicked and attacked Sandy with the garden scissors, nearly murdering her, but had to flee when Gill arrived home. 

The real life inspiration: the chromosome Y controversy

Possible casting choices:

Emily Osment as Sandy Gould

Ethan Erickson as Gill Gould

Jesse Tyler as Alan Bell

Kate Micucci as Leslie Monroy

I think that the title should be "Bad Seed" or "The Bloodline". I know, very cliche :)

Idea #13

The basic premise: For almost twenty years, a serial rapist and a killer, targeting teenagers, has terrorized otherwise peaceful small town called Stovington, Vermont. 

The unsub first murdered seventeen year old Rick McTeer, in 1997, in his home, late at night while his parents were away: he beat him up, sodomized him, and stabbed him to death. Three months later, he raped and murdered sixteen year old Vanessa Smith, attacking her in a local forest near the running track while she had been jogging: the M.O. matched to the T and DNA ultimately linked the crimes. The killer remained inactive for fifteen years, and then claimed the life of twelve year old Sheila Davies. She was abducted on her way home from school and found dead in a dumpster the few days later. Same M.O., same DNA. He remained inactive for three more years before raping, robbing murdering eighteen year old Anne Newman, a cashier at a local grocery store.

In 2016, several hunters spotted a suspicious looking man trying to dump a heavy trash bag into a lake located within the local forest. He act suspicious and confrontational

when questioned by them. They overpowered him and informed the authorities. The suspect was identified as a local man, forty seven year old Randy Green. The bag contained the body of a nineteen year old local girl, Tracy Adams. Randy's van was located near the lake: another bag was found in it's trunk, that one containing the body Tracy's twin brother, Shermain. They had both been viciously beaten with a fire pocker. There were also signs of an attempted rape on Tracy's body. She worked part time for him as a house cleaner. Her brother would usually drop her off to work and pick her up afterward in his car.

Randy had been arrested for multiple armed robberies and assaults in 1997, soon after Vanessa's murder, and only got out of prison shortly before Sheila's murder. His DNA didn't end up in CODIS after that conviction or afterward due to a procedural error, but it matched to the DNA profiles recovered in the first four murders, as well as the one extracted from the skin cells found under Tracy's and Shermain's skin cells and hairs found on their bodies. Randy eventually confessed to all six murders. The box containing the  underwear that had belonged to the first four victims was found in a box hidden underneath the floor boards in his basement. The box also contained the knife, matching to the one used to commit those murders.

However, there are some problems. He hasn't provided any significant details about the crimes, and there are records indicating that he was out of town at the time Anne was murdered. 

Also, soon after Randy's arrest, Vanessa's younger brother, Shawn, who was only twelve back in the 1997, came forward, claiming that he had committed the first four murders. As an evidence, he provided a strand of Vanessa's hair and her ID, as well as detailed description of the body and the crime scene.

The unsub(s): Anthony and Jane Montana. They attended the same school as the first two victims, and were constantly bullied during that time, especially by Rick, Vanessa, and the third girl, Shanna Davies. Once Rick had molested Jane, she and Anthony had enough and they formulated the revenge plan: brutally murder all three bullies and frame someone else for it. 

Anthony worked near Randy's home and witnessed him drinking a lot and bringing prostitutes over. He concluded Randy would be a perfect patsy, and that the world would be better with him behind the bars anyway. 

Rick obtained Randy's semen and skill cells from the condoms found in his trash. He and Jane stalked Randy for some time, getting to know his habits and learning of the times he would likely be home alone, without an alibi. Together, they murdered Rick and Vanessa, taking turns beating the victims and sexually assaulting them with the objects, before Rick would stab them to death. Then they would plant Randy's semen on the bodies. They would take the victims' underwear with them, planting Randy's DNA on those items too. Due to an organized nature of the murders and a single DNA profile recovered on the bodies, everyone assumed they were dealing with the single killer.

Their plan got disrpted once Randy got arrested on an unrelated charges. Concluding that they had put in too much effort into framing him for the murders, they dropped the plan about murdering Shanna. It baffled them that nobody linked Randy to the murders. They thought about planting some additional evidence into his house and then issuing an anonymous tip about his involvement, but never got around to do so, still hoping that they could, somehow, complete their revenge.

Eventually, they moved into another town and got married, but never forgot their plan. Upon learning about Randy's release, they decided to complete it, but Shanna had died in a car accident two years prior. They murdered the closest substitute, her twelve year old daughter Sheila Davies, once again planting Randy's DNA on her body. They even planted the box containing the victim's underwear and the murder weapon in his house. However, they decided not to take too much risks and leave things the way they were: even if nobody were to link Randy to the murders, they had DNA evidence for the defense in case somebody were to ever suspect them.

However, the local girl, Anne Newman, saw them leaving the third crime scene: the body was dumped near her boyfriend's house, and she had snuck out to see him. Having strict parents and not really convinced that those two were involved, she kept quiet. But, years later, she was an adult, also facing some serious money problems, and came to learn of their identities, as well as that they had lived in that town at the time first two murders had happened. She started blackmailing them: they eventually tracked her down and murdered her, once again planting evidence implicating Randy.

Randy only committed the last two murders. He tried to rape Tracy, but she kept resisting, and her brother arrived there earlier than he should have and caught Randy in the act. He ended up murdering them both. 

Vanessa had bullied her brother Jim too, and their parents were neglectful. Jim grew up to be an alcoholic, going from one dead end job to another. Shortly before Randy's arrest, Jim's girlfriend broke up with him and he faced a prison sentence for a burglary. He said that "taking the fall for those murders was his last opportunity to make some sort of an impact" and that his life "has been going nowhere anyway". He was actually the first one to find the body: he took Vanessa's ID and a strand of her hair, keeping them all those years as "the keepsake".

Knowing that he would likely spend the rest of his life in prison because of the last two murders anyway, and learning about the DNA evidence, Randy confessed to all six murders, hoping that he would get some "prison privileges" in an exchange for his confessions and that being an infamous serial killer would make him popular in prison.

In the end, the team realizes what has really been going on. They search Anthony's and Jane's homes and computers and find nothing, then try to trick them into confessing by trying to make them turn against each other.  But that doesn't work and they get away with it, while Randy ends up going down for all six murders. 

The real life inspiration: the murder of Bobby Kent, Lonnie David Franklin Jr. (the Grim Sleeper)

Possible casting choices:

Skeet Urlich as Randy Green

as Jim Smith

Brian Austin Green as Anthony Montana

Lucy Liu as Jane Montana

I want to see Matthew Gray Gubler direct such an episode. That is why I named the town Stovington, Vermont. It is a fictional town from several Stephen King works. One of the towns featured in "Mr. Scratch" was taken from Stephen King's works too.

I don't want anyone to get away with murder(s), especially not such hideous ones, but that could make for an interesting new take on the episode formula.

A scene for idea #12

[in the yard, where Sandy was stabbed.]

DEREK: In both cases, the forensic experts estimate that the unsub must have been between 5'7 and 5'9, right handed, medium strength. That can be Gill, but also many other people.

SPENCER: Sandy was stabbed repeatedly in the yard, in broad daylight, with garden scissors. Pretty risky. Improvised weapon, possible witnesses. He didn't even bother to dispose of the weapon.

DEREK: Maybe it wasn't planned.

SPENCER: The first murder did seem a bit disorganized, but there was some level of control to it. Cleaned up, barely any physical evidence. The tyre iron used didn't match to anything in the house.

DEREK (looking around): He is her husband. He is intelligent, strong. Even if the things got out of hand, he could have ruled her or forced her back into the house before murdering her. I doubt that he would have panicked or lose the control that much.

SPENCER: And he did take her to the hospital.

DEREK: Maybe he thought that she was dead. It happens.

SPENCER: Melany had been bludgeoned, strangled, and mutilated post mortem. Sandy was just stabbed multiple times. Maybe Gill has grown more confident, but that isn't consistent with such a sloppy attempted murder.

DEREK: So, maybe he's telling the truth. Somebody else attacked Sandy. He walked in on the guy, who fled. Of course, even if that is true, we can't know for sure that he wasn't involved in Melany's murder.

SPENCER: In Melany's murder, the most brutal damage was done to the breasts and stomach. Breasts are usually presented as pretty sexual, but they are also a simbol of nourishmemt. The stomach could represent the fertility.

[inside the master's bedroom.]

DEREK (looking around): Many family photographs around... none featuring his first wife.

SPENCER (also looking around): Well, this is their masters bedroom. And people deal with grief differently. But that appears to be the same in the rest of the house though.

[DEREK examines the bed sheets and the pillows closely. SPENCER stops in front of the bed, the photograph above the bed having caught his attention.]

SPENCER: The High school ensemble photograph is in the dominant place though. Both Gill and Melan are on it. That is where he met her.

[DEREK checks the closet. He then walks into the near by bathroom and checks the cabinet above the sink.]

DEREK: All bed sheets and pillows equally wrinkled. Both men and women's clothing of different kinds in the closet. Two toothbrushes and two different kinds of toothpaste in the bathroom cabinet over here. Seems like a functioning, relatively happy marriage.

SPENCER: I did notice a single toothbrush and a toothpaste in the downstairs bedroom and some scuff marks all over the living room couch though.

DEREK: Maybe he sleeps downstairs sometimes. Not necessary a sign of serious marriage problems.

[sPENCER examines the content of the closet closely.]

SPENCER: Many of expensive women's clothing, some with labels still on. Neither really have that high paying jobs. It looks that they've been living beyond their means.

[He notices the box in the corner and opens it.]

He keeps the photograph of his first wife-the ones that the unsub didn't destroy-in the box in the closet.

[DEREK pulls out two items from the bathroom cabinet and examines them closely, attracting SPENCER's attention.]

DEREK: Birth control pills. And condoms. Pretty big amount.

[He frowns.]

Sandy is still young. Melany was murdered soon after giving birth. It can be a defense mechanism... or a motive. A trigger. 

SPENCER (sighing): Too many conflicting evidence.

[in the living room, where Melany was murdered.]

DEREK: What bothers me is this. The forensics concluded that the tyre iron used to bludgeon Melany was an SUV model. Gill owned a Sudan. That tyre iron hasn't been recovered. But the curtain cord used to strangle her and the knife used to mutilate the body were found on the scene. Those were the idoms taken from the house.

SPENCER: Maybe he planned the murder but had to carry it out quicker than expected, so he got sloppy. Or he planned to make it quick but grew to enjoy the murder so he escalated. That isn't consistent with the attack on Sandy though.

DEREK: Again, Gill can be responsible for just one of those crimes, not both.

SPENCER: Yeah, but that is unlikely.

[They start walking around the living room, remembering the details about the first murder.]

SPENCER: The unsub ransacked the living room. Did plenty of damage to family photographs, some books from the book case... that doesn't appear to be the accidental damage done during the commition of murder. But the traces of blood show that it happened after the murder.

DEREK: If that was Gill's way of trying to make this look like a burglary gone wrong, it was a bad one.

SPENCER: Most of the furniture seems to be moved to the opposite side of the living room to the one where the murder happened. Maybe he really is in mourning.

[They move to the near by room.]

SPENCER: Julie's room was in here. They found horizontal drops of blood near the crib. Pretty far away from the body, no other blood around.

DEREK: They found some smeared blood on one of her toys inside the crib though. Somebody stood there, after the murder. Watching their daughter, for quite some time.

SPENCER: And left her unharmed. He even gave her the toy.

[They share a look.]

first chapter of what will likely be around 10-12 chapters of my new story, Mistaken Identity, Reid/female character...written for a friend of mine, she's the female character but the names have been changed to protect the guilty (of being MGG fans)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5978136/chapters/13738620

(I'll add the fanfiction.net link once I have it...that site is not playing nice right now)

edit to add ffnet link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11783394/1/Mistaken-Identity

Edited by ReidFan
  • Love 1

"So, you are going to profile the comments section?"

-Garcia to Reid in Idea #3 LOL

first chapter of what will likely be around 10-12 chapters of my new story, Mistaken Identity, Reid/female character...written for a friend of mine, she's the female character but the names have been changed to protect the guilty (of being MGG fans)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5978136/chapters/13738620

(I'll add the fanfiction.net link once I have it...that site is not playing nice right now)

I really look forward to reading it. Spencer should have had a serious love interest by now.

it's lovely writing CStar, I adore your style and your characterisations.  I just would never buy Reid/coworker in any way shape or form, it ain't allowed. BUT that doesn't take away from what a great read your work is. love them all

it's lovely writing CStar, I adore your style and your characterisations.  I just would never buy Reid/coworker in any way shape or form, it ain't allowed. BUT that doesn't take away from what a great read your work is. love them all

Out of curiosity, ReidFan, because I like to hear different perspectives and because you've mentioned before that you could never go for intra-team dating, what prevents you from being able to see it, so to speak? I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but I am interested.

I'm with you, CoStar, I've been attracted many times to co-workers, while not necessarily following up on the attraction. I did fall in love/marry/divorce/marry a co-worker, though, so my perspective eats your story right on up.