Type keyword(s) to search

Criminal Minds Fanfiction

• Start Topic

On 26/10/2017 at 3:29 PM, JMO said:

Haven't actually watched it yet, but I was fairly certain they wouldn't touch on this:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12702238/1/The-Things-That-We-Love

Post-ep for Lucky Strikes with no real spoilers for the episode.

I have seen and enjoyed the episode, but this was really missing, so thank you for writing it.  In fact, when I heard JJ say "he's dead" and I saw the look in her eyes, I hoped that they addressed it somehow, but they didn't. But we have our fiction writers to help us fix this type of things!!

• Love 2

I have been meaning to find time to sit down and read that, yes! Will work on doing that this week :). I know there's a couple other stories of hers I've been following that I need to catch up on as well. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, normasm said:

FF fans, if you haven't been reading Broken, by aMUSEment345 (our own JMO), you owe it to yourself to start now. It's 28 chapters in, and a very well written, interesting story about Reid post-prison. It's also on AOOO

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12548102/1/Broken

Thanks, Norm. Since we're not getting to see any aftermath on the show, it's been cathartic for me to write it.  If any of you decide to read the story, please let me know what you think. 

• Love 3
On 2/5/2018 at 3:10 AM, JMO said:

Thanks, Norm. Since we're not getting to see any aftermath on the show, it's been cathartic for me to write it.  If any of you decide to read the story, please let me know what you think. 

I’ve been following this. What struck me particularly is how accurately you describe the symptoms of PTSD. I thought the flashback in the chapter when Reid opened the bag from prison was spot on. I especially like the mention of EMDR because I’ve done that; it isn’t a miracle cure but it does help with coping. 

If there is one thing I’d nitpick about, it’s the frequent use of ellipses. Stylistically it bugs me, because I was taught to use them as sparingly as possible. But style is a personal thing. I’m an abuser of the emdash myself. 

Edited by idiotwaltz
41 minutes ago, idiotwaltz said:

I’ve been following this. What struck me particularly is how accurately you describe the symptoms of PTSD. I thought the flashback in the chapter when Reid opened the bag from prison was spot on. I especially like the mention of EMDR because I’ve done that; it isn’t a miracle cure but it does help with coping. 

If there is one thing I’d nitpick about, it’s the frequent use of ellipses. Stylistically it bugs me, because I was taught to use them as sparingly as possible. But style is a personal thing. I’m an abuser of the emdash myself. 

Ha!  You made me laugh, because it's the emdash that I actually abuse.  FFN turns it into a single, nearly invisible dash, so I've fallen back to ellipses as a means of separation.  I agree with you about the overuse of ellipses---- just haven't yet found a way around using them.  (Except here, where I can dash away to my heart's content.)

Glad the content is ringing true, since it's not my area of expertise. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JMO said:

Ha!  You made me laugh, because it's the emdash that I actually abuse.  FFN turns it into a single, nearly invisible dash, so I've fallen back to ellipses as a means of separation.  I agree with you about the overuse of ellipses---- just haven't yet found a way around using them.  (Except here, where I can dash away to my heart's content.)

Glad the content is ringing true, since it's not my area of expertise. 

That would explain it! Gotta love the dash. I haven’t been on FFN for years, as I find the font too small and the search function impossible to use, so I’m glad you post on AO3 as well. The formatting is much easier on my eyes! (I know I can always press CTRL+ , but in my old age it’s too much effort.) 

• Love 2

Ha, I'm definitely guilty of using ellipses and dashes an awful lot, too :p. Trying to work on being more careful with that. 

2 hours ago, idiotwaltz said:

That's one of the best things about your stories, @JMO :).. They're always so relatable, and capture the emotion of a moment or a situation so perfectly.

• Love 2

I use and overuse and abuse ellipses, mostly because I'm trying to be sarcastic... and they add that little extra... twist. Emdashes, however, are indispensable if one is ruminating and there are just too, many, commas – you want to continue this thought, but the commas, so many commas; and what a time to lose my enterobang

I just noticed... I spelled interrobang as if it were an intestinal malady....

Edited by normasm
bad misspelling
  • Love 5

Beautiful!!

(Right now I'm smiling and blinking quickly at the same time!!)

And there's another one planned, Great!!

Editing to add: BTW, I hadn't realised what it was that Reid had in his hands in that scene until you posted that screencapture in the episode thread, so thanks for it!!

Edited by senin
  • Love 1

I've been mostly offline this week because the tragedy in Saskatchewan had left me kinda numb and non-caring about Criminal Minds, and just fandoms in general.

I wrote this one largely to distract myself and to help me cope with that monumental tragedy by writing something more positive.

no relationship stuff, just Reid and his colleagues.

at aooo:   https://archiveofourown.org/works/14316381/chapters/33034389

and at f f net:   https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12903269/1/Uncaged

• Love 2

So I've updated my fanfiction series, based in my alternate world, Vicendum. Call it "the season finale" of the series (because it's not the end), because in today's installment, Derek Morgan and Aaron Hotchner are called before a Congressional panel led by Special Investigator Mike Milner to answer for the BAU's "hero mentality"- and a key figure from the BAU's past shows up as an unexpected foe.

The story is here: 

As a reminder, my series follows essentially CM cannon up to Season 6, though there are parts I've adjusted and elements from later seasons that I've added as I saw fit. Plus, I'm not afraid to use other characters from other shows- Patrick Jane from The Mentalist is on the team.

Hope you enjoy it.

ok guys I need help here...I remember starting to read a story about a bombing at the federal building, Garcia was trapped inside & she had to crawl down the stairs to the ground floor, JJ was trapped with some others in an elevator..This story took place after Strauss had been murdered

...it had original characters & was the second installment from a previous story...Emily was still leading her team at Interpol & they were paired up with an anti terrorist task force...The previous story involved terrorists bombing at a building in Nigeria

One of the original characters was a British woman

That's all I remember...If someone knows which stories I'm talking about could you pretty please post the links?

Thank you

Kris