Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Rush Hour

greenbean

Kellog leverages Alec by exploiting his weakness...Emily. Kiera attempts to negotiate with him unaware that Liber8 have other, darker plans. Meanwhile Alec, tired of feeling helpless, impulsively sets off to save Emily on his own.

Edited by greenbean

Wow.  Why isn't this show getting the raves it deserves?  It just isn't fair that there are only 4 episodes to go. 

Also, I wasn't really an Emily fan (though I do like the actress) but she kind of broke my heart a little in this episode.    

• Love 4

I'm not seeing a spoiler policy, so, since many have not yet seen this:

It was a little redundant to have saving Emily again be Alec's motivation to not follow through with helping Kiera get "home," but it also successfully added to the dramatic buildup when rescued Emily in the bathtub scene is heartbroken to learn that she is not Jason's mother.

• Love 4

Wow.  Why isn't this show getting the raves it deserves?  It just isn't fair that there are only 4 episodes to go. 

Also, I wasn't really an Emily fan (though I do like the actress) but she kind of broke my heart a little in this episode.    

I thought so too. I never really liked her relationship with Alec, but it was sad when she left.

When Kiera and Brad were talking about trust, it was a bit ominous. Maybe Brad betrays her.

I like that Garza ended up at the dinner party. It was a bit odd, but hey, if it means she's more involved in the main storyline, I'll take it.

And she ended up next to Alec when Emily left. Now, I'll probably be alone in wondering this, but could Garza be Jason's mother?

Edited by greenbean
  • Love 1

I like that Garza ended up at the dinner party. It was a bit odd, but hey, if it means she's more involved in the main storyline, I'll take it.

And she ended up next to Alec when Emily left. Now, I'll probably be alone in wondering this, but could Garza be Jason's mother?

And this has been bothering me all week - who is Alec's baby momma?  I am not sure if I would want Garza and definitely not Keira.  I'm hoping it might be someone else or maybe Jason doesn't know or remember who his mother is?  There was no indication either way he was brought up by mom. I'm hoping that the show will shed some light by the final. 

Edited by greekmom

Damn - this show continues to slay everything in its path. That sequence of Emily fighting her guards to escape, Keira saving Kellogg by quasi-drowning him and Carlos and Travis battling was just jaw dropping.

Nice to see Dillon back. Loved that he saved Carlos. Plus, I am a sucker for Brian Markinson.

The dinner party was so cute - and it made me wistful knowing the show is ending.

And yay to more Keirza!

Wow.  Why isn't this show getting the raves it deserves?  It just isn't fair that there are only 4 episodes to go.

Truth! I can't believe this show isn't more popular. It is SO. GOOD.

When Kiera and Brad were talking about trust, it was a bit ominous. Maybe Brad betrays her.

I had the same thought. I feel like one of them will betray the other.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 3

I don't know, Sonia Valentine should have taken out Dillon, and writing in his survival, then writing in Dillon saves Carlos, well, it all really just feels like "We like Brian Markinson, so screw the show's internal logic." I like Brian Markinson too, but Dillon is a villain. Like RL villains, he thinks his rationalizations are valid, which just made him a better villain. But villain he was, and remains. 

Emily leaving because she can't stand not being baby mommy is a self fulfilling prophecy. Also, wouldn't this woman try killing the real baby mommy first, rather than run off in a fit of pique? 

They're running out of time for Alec, Carlos and Julian to decide what kind of future they want to make. Nuking Kellog is a no-brainer for everyone but Kellogg and his future minions, who by the way, should already be looking askance at their glorious leader. Also, we really need to know about Mr. Cameron's sinister role to appreciate whatever fate Kiera has, I should think.

PS I think the dinner party was a great start to the new improved Liber8! 

Edited by sjohnson
  • Love 3

I think Brad will betray Kiera. Following their conversation about trust, he got that last evil look of doom before the shot cut away.

I like Emily. Is she really gone for good?? Also, why would she just believe Jason? He's at least a little crazy.

Can someone remind me when/why Lucas hooked up with Alec and Kiera's side?

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

I was going to ask the same thing about Lucas. While we're at it - whatever became of Julian's dad and Alec's mother?

Anyone else think Rachel Nichols is wearing a wig? Her hair looks totally fake this season.

So, future Kellogg looks a little older than 2015 Kellogg, but not 60 years older. At some point in this timeline he must either travel to the future or figure out some way to slow down the aging process. I guess either is possible in this show.

• Love 2

So, future Kellogg looks a little older than 2015 Kellogg, but not 60 years older. At some point in this timeline he must either travel to the future or figure out some way to slow down the aging process. I guess either is possible in this show.

In theory since they changed the future were looking at alternate time lime. Kellog is the only Lib8 member that wouldn't self sacrifice. When in the future he turns to is another question. The 'mission' has me puzzled, to bad they don't have a full season to elaborate although I see why the producers said they had a plan for 8-9 seasons.

Also in an epi about trust Kiera basically hides a known fugitive from Carlos.

Something about Kiera's son/I wanna go home on keeps bugging me. An illusion from her CMR to keep her going/motivated?

• Love 1

So I was able to catch this episode and here are my thoughts:

1) I really liked how there was so much going on during the second half. I enjoyed seeing how everyone's plans either went up in smoke or they were able to save each other. I also liked that Emily basically saved herself. 

2) one of the major characters that I don't like is Dillion. I really don't like him only because he comes off, to me, as a self-serving a-hole.So seeing him tonight was a bit disappointing and the only thing he really did in this episode was shooting Travis. 

3) Finally, the dinner scene. I was wondering that since Graza is setting down at the table means that they are now allies to take care of Kellog?

I was going to ask the same thing about Lucas. While we're at it - whatever became of Julian's dad and Alec's mother?

Anyone else think Rachel Nichols is wearing a wig? Her hair looks totally fake this season.

I can't remember why Lucas switched teams either, but I have some vague memory of it that I would like to have refreshed without rewatching.

I never notice women's wigs, but I did read RN is wearing one because of the shortness of the season and her preference for blond hair--although maybe she needs blond for another role? The article didn't say.

ITA that either they skimped on the aging makeup on Kellogg this season, or he time traveled to the future and we were seeing him after he was there 10 years, or maybe his 10 year older self sent a hologram after time traveling to the future. Technologically, this last one makes the most sense, even if it does seem a little contrived and sort of like a pony express of time travel.

I was going to do just a refresh of the last few episodes of season 3, then realized it was summer and I had nothing to watch so I mainlined the entire series. After Kiera made Liber8 realize that what they do doesn't matter, they all kind of splintered off. Lucas joined their side at the same time as Garza and Travis for Operation Switch Alecs, but the latter two apparently didn't stick around afterwards.

And yeah, that's a wig. It's a really good wig, though, Rachel just blew half the show's budget on that wig.

In theory since they changed the future were looking at alternate time lime.

They haven't changed the future yet. We know that because Brad's beacon device wasn't supposed to do anything if they had successfully prevented the Kellogg dystopia from happening. But since it did work and all of Brad's co-workers showed up, we know whatever future Brad came from is still intact.

This is why Kiera's sudden urgent need to return home doesn't make a lot of sense outside of only having six episodes left. If the alternate future Brad came from is still in place, that means the future she came from doesn't exist anymore so there wouldn't be any way for her to get back to it. Not until she "corrects" the timeline, anyway.

• Love 3

They haven't changed the future yet. We know that because Brad's beacon device wasn't supposed to do anything if they had successfully prevented the Kellogg dystopia from happening. But since it did work and all of Brad's co-workers showed up, we know whatever future Brad came from is still intact.

This is why Kiera's sudden urgent need to return home doesn't make a lot of sense outside of only having six episodes left. If the alternate future Brad came from is still in place, that means the future she came from doesn't exist anymore so there wouldn't be any way for her to get back to it. Not until she "corrects" the timeline, anyway.

Yes, Kiera's whining I wanna go home to see her son. I thought we had gotten past that.

Since Kellog is the conman of Lib8 he is manipulating the past to get the future he wants or undo someone else's future. There is 'a' con/plan here. But what doesn't make sense about Kellog's future is that he was part of Lib8 because his sister was killed so I will go with undo the evil future. Also wasn't his mother or grandmother killed in S1 so maybe Kellog does create alternate evil future that still needs to be undone(or is it fate, dark future no matter what)

Yes that 6 epi wrap up(or not, with time travel they bring the series back or do a movie). At least give us a spin off even if one of the new characters(I want to see more Zyra)

I'm trying to figure out how this series could end in a satisfying way and I'm not sure it's possible. Kiera saves the day and goes back to her own time and lives happily ever after? The problem is that now she understands her future was seriously eff'd up so even if she "fixes" the timeline she just returns to the same dystopia she came from. Not exactly a happy ending for the show. 

Alternatively, she could simply choose to stay in the present knowing she can do the most good here in preventing that future from happening, but then she never gets home and it sort of ends like Quantum Leap did. 

I can't think of anything that would really make me happy.

• Love 1

Did Jason confirm that Emily wasn't his mother? I thought the shake of his head was more of a "No, I can't tell you" instead of "No, you're not my mother". Or maybe, it's left ambiguous on purpose. I was annoyed that she was used as a way to blackmail Alec AGAIN. Apparently, it bothered her too. With all the high tech they have, can't they tag her with some kind of location tracker if she's such a liability?

I get the impression that Carlos has a crush on Kiera. When he asked her if she had a chance to go back and she answered so quickly, he looked so crushed. He also had that same look when she didn't even ask if he was okay after that brutal (and awesomely choreographed) fight with Travis. He's done a lot for Kiera and Alec-- least they could do was invite him to that awesome dinner they had at the end... though that would be trouble if he saw Lucas and Garza there. Still, they should treat him to a dinner. The poor guy probably broke some ribs. Way to look after your partner, Kiera.

Liked the brotherly snarking from Julian... who seems to enjoy just chillin' in their HQ.

• Love 2

Also wasn't his mother or grandmother killed in S1 so maybe Kellog does create alternate evil future that still needs to be undone(or is it fate, dark future no matter what)

If I remember correctly, the point of showing Maddie (Kellog's grandmother) was that the there was already a new timeline created when Liber8 and Kiera all were transported to the past (and the show isn't following the Back To The Future rules of time travel). Or, it's that Maggie isn't Kellog's biological grandmother. 

Edited by TVSpectator

?????? Kellog wouldn't look 60 years older because he's only supposed to be like 30 years older from what I recall. Didn't we see something with Brad's childhood last season? And he's certainly not 60 years older. Like, I thought the point of this alternate timeline was that bad stuff happened worse and quicker because of the initial time travel shenanigans. (I honestly can't remember since I only watched the episodes once when they aired but I think????)

• Love 3

Random observation: When Kiera was drowning Kellogg, his hand trailed down her hair and cheek in this sort of loving way and Kiera gave it this insane side eye.  Not sure if this was intended or just accidental actor responses, but it's seriously weird when watching.  

• Love 1
Random observation: When Kiera was drowning Kellogg, his hand trailed down her hair and cheek in this sort of loving way and Kiera gave it this insane side eye.  Not sure if this was intended or just accidental actor responses, but it's seriously weird when watching.

What? How did I miss this! I need to re-watch that ep! 

Edited by Gillian Rosh

I keep hoping someone will create a gif of it.  Or that I learn to gif so I can post it here.  It's a really great gif moment and I still can't figure what it's about, whether it was intentional or just a mistake in editing.