Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Kelsey & Joey

• Start Topic

So they were the only team to do the Fletero Detour, and they seemed to make some good time at it.  Kelsey also made good time at the Roadblock, another one to get it done on her first attempt.

Seventh place was decently earned.  I'm actually glad they didn't do any news spots this week.

They're still racing solidly enough, but it's sad to see them join in the mob mentality.  I want to keep liking them, but this needs to stop.  But Kelsey killed the Roadblock, and their strategy at the Croquet Detour was sound, with Kelsey blocking the pro's ball.

Let's see if they can keep this up!

Holding steady, they remain about in the middle of the pack.  Kelsey did well with the Roadblock, they did the Detour at an okay pace, and they didn't fail the lion task.  They lost third place at the fruit balancing, so fourth place is where they finished.

I have to say that I wouldn't be surprised if they win.  They're the only team whose edit seems close to perfect right now.

I'm grateful to Lingo who inserted a vid so I could see their faces and (kind of) know who they were the reporters. Because "Kelsey and Joey"? Didn't ring any bell. I blame that on the silly hashtags:-) (do the name still appear next to the hashtag and have I blanked on them?)

NutMeg, on 02 Nov 2015 - 09:21 AM, said:

I'm grateful to Lingo who inserted a vid so I could see their faces and (kind of) know who they were the reporters. Because "Kelsey and Joey"? Didn't ring any bell. I blame that on the silly hashtags:-) (do the name still appear next to the hashtag and have I blanked on them?)

They do.  Their team name is "#TheReporters."

• Love 1

They got off to a good start when Joey was the only one to clear the Roadblock in one try.  But then, they faltered at the Ship Detour long enough for Justin & Diana to pass them up.  Lucky to get to second place by being faster than Tiffany & Krista on the run to the Pit Stop.

I do notice, however, that the editing has shifted priorities.  I think Justin & Diana vs. Tanner & Josh has now shifted to Justin & Diana vs. Kelsey & Joey.  Honestly . . . I like this better, because at least they mentioned wanting to beat them themselves, not by using other teams to do it . . .  Tanner & Josh.

Edited by Dale Griffin
  • Love 1

The Ha-Goo? Seriously? Even more pathetic given that they are journalists.

Jeez, no kidding.  I think that should be "journalists" in ironic quotation marks.  They're probably just "news readers" hired because they're more or less photogenic.

• Love 2

If you don't know how to pronounce it, though, that is what Hague looks like. Also, if they really do spend time trying to get people to talk to them on camera (which at least one of them said), they're not just news readers. I don't think either one is a Ted Baxter, for instance.

• Love 1
If you don't know how to pronounce it, though, that is what Hague looks like.

Not necessarily--it rhymes with "vague."

Plus, it's the seat of the UN's international court. It's a big deal. Journalists, more than the average person, should know what it is.

Not necessarily--it rhymes with "vague."

Plus, it's the seat of the UN's international court. It's a big deal. Journalists, more than the average person, should know what it is.

But it could be hagoo. English is weird. Journalists who cover international stuff should know about the international court. Journalists who cover local stuff may not. I worked at a newspaper for 19 years, and while I know about The Hague, I probably wouldn't recall off the top of my head about the UN international court. It comes up so rarely in our relatively small town in the middle of the country. It is much more useful to know where city hall and the county courthouse are.

• Love 1

Well considering most of the congratulatory posts were in the main episode thread I guess people just didn't see the need to "double post" it in the team thread.

But here we go-  Congratulations to Kelsey and Joey.  You guys ran a great race, worked well together, almost no anger or upset or tears (that we saw- minus the cab deal at the NY roadblock).  Just plain awesome all around.

(I'll be hiding under the dock in case there are rotten tomatoes/produce thrown my way)

(aw- no colors for fonts :) )

• Love 3

Wow, no posts on the winners' thread, 18 hours later! I guess that's what happens when most viewers' opinion on the win is "At least it wasn't the other guy."

I always wonder if these shows consider this a casting failure. It's not the first time that the winners are so bland or edited that they've received few comments, while some of the other players have inspired passionate hate or love. I felt little to nothing for Kelsey and Joey throughout, but found I could not root for them by default. I didn't like them. And their prune lipped uptight behavior when arguing the taxi at the mat just furthers my opinion. You're standing there knowing you've won the million dollars and still bickering. Maybe an over investment in their image as related to their occupations.

When Justin can more easily shake of his loss than these two can laugh off the cab drama - it reflects on the winners. K/J won the race, they have all the former players there screaming for them, they won the battle of the cab ....... yet they're still pissed. Plenty of players have had cabs stolen, money stolen, shifty players jumping tracks to beat them at the mat, been ganged up on with a u-turn, yet shaken it off and continued on. Just reinforces why I don't like these two. Team Texas was more gracious when completing one of hardest u-turns ever.

IIRC, Kelsey and Joey did not bring up the cab incident on the mat...but they were drawn into the conversation..  I thought Logan was the one still stressing out over the attempted cab hijacking, and would not drop it.  If Logan had just dropped the issue...the whole thing would have ended.

• Love 2

I'm glad they argued their piece.  Logan was acting like K&J won out of the kindness of Chris and Logan's hearts.  For one thing, that cabbie wasn't going to take them.  And secondly they still would've lost at the flag task.  

I enjoyed that interview.  And they seem to be fully aware that people are claiming they are boring or invisible, and chalk it up to Justin dominating the screentime because he's Justin, and because he and Diana fought.

This always seems to happen.  Couples that get along and don't fight are often labelled as "boring" by viewers.  Then this only encourages producers to find people like Justin, and I suspect it is why we are getting a season of allegedly non-boring social media exhibitionists.  I think that stinks.  There's nothing wrong with couples like Joey and Kelsey who work well together and don't argue.  Steve and Aly, the Olympians, garnered the same complaints.  People always seemed to comment they were boring.

• Love 3