Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Kelly & Shevonne

• Start Topic

Aw, that's a shame.  They had a good start, but everything seemed to fall apart after the Detour.  Switching was a good choice, but they needed to not panic at the Sidewalk Detour.  They did, while Tiffany & Krista stayed calm and retained focus, which helped them make it through.  I agree with what they said, though.  The guys at TMZ are going to crucify them when they find out about this.

I liked them okay, though, and was hoping they'd have gotten past this first leg, at least.

I'm really sad that they didn't get to continue.  Their running commentary about the other racers was pretty funny. Shevonne was basically saying what I was thinking.  I feel like Shevonne should've taken over the puzzle task, she seemed to be the "cooler" head.  Poor Kelly was just frustrated and needed to take a break, I think.  

Hopefully there'll be another "Second Chances" season and we'll get to see them again.  They started well enough too. 

• Love 1

When Phil walks up to them. If you focus on Kelly, you will see her back is all red. 

I think you've confused the two ladies.  Kelly is the blonde and is wearing a black sweater when Phil arrives.  Shevonne, the brunette, is in the bikini and is very burned and has noticeable tan lines from her racerback tank top that she was wearing earlier. 

• Love 2

When they were talking smack about some of the other teams, I felt that karma was going to strike back at them full force and it did at the Detour, to the point of a Field Philimination - one of the worst possible Philiminations, making it more amplified since it was on the first leg.

Oh, and Phil didn't have to go too far to run the Philimination, since the Pit Stop was about 2 km from the Detour site, if what a vendor told Team Texas was true.

Edited by goldeneye

When they were talking smack about some of the other teams, I felt that karma was going to strike back at them full force and it did at the Detour, to the point of a Field Philimination - one of the worst possible Philiminations, making it more amplified since it was on the first leg.

While there have been many field eliminations, it's only happened twice on the first leg.  As of now, TAR16's Dana & Adrian are now in good company and don't have to be the sole team to get that terrible distinction now that Kelly & Shevonne have had a similar fate.

Apparently, Team TMZ nor The Amazing Race is of any interest of TMZ. There has been nothing on the TMZ site since Friday. Today, I watched both TMZ Live & thehalf hour TMZ show and there was still no mention of them going out first. For some reason, I found it a little odd since part of their show is about busting on each other. I did see them sitting there but they didn't say anything about any other stories. I was looking for their exit interviews and didn't see any which I would thought would be out on Monday,

Cheeses, when did snark go out of style?  They weren't being mean.  Spare the snark etc as we used to say? 

TMZ chided them when it occurred in real time.  I didn't need to see anything Mon night, they were still in the front row.  I don't follow exit interviews so I can't answer to that.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Finally watched the episode and ... disappointed! I hate stunt casting and yet was willing to forgive in this case since I am a self-avowed, unapologetic TMZ stan. I wanted them to go much farther, although I didn't think they had it in them to win (because of the physical aspects mostly.)  I thought they'd rock the puzzle, for real. I wondered too why there were no updates on TMZ - guess they didn't want to draw even more attention to the failure.

Sadness.

Anybody else thought they'd run into one of their photographers/reporters at LAX and make it part of the storyline? Just me?

• Love 1

There is snark that simply comes and there is intentionally making mean comments. Shows like TMZ thrive on looking for crap to make fun of and then doing so with as much venom as possible. I don't find that funny, I find it distasteful. Many of times it feels like bullying. So an entire season of listening to two people making fun of other folks in that manner is not entertaining. It is tiresome.

• Love 1

THRILLED that they were eliminated!! Those two needed to be cut down a few pegs. Though, my spidey sense is suggesting that their participation was part of a marketing scheme and their 1st round departure was actually planned, but the show and TMZ.