Type keyword(s) to search

The Kids In The Hall - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Just saw the first three episodes and had to comment, of course. 

We agree: They still got it! These are the Daves (and Bruce, and Scott, and Mark, and Kevin) I know, I know.

Favorites were 60-year-old pole dancers and Drop Baby average. Also, Shakespeare spurting blood out of his armless bust shouldn’t have been nearly as funny as it was, but it was. As always, it’s the small absurdist touches that they do so well— the imaginary girlfriend fight, for instance. A marshmallow car! And not just fireproof clothing, but a flame resistant sexy asbestos catsuit!

It was also fun seeing the Kathies again, even though they were never my favorites. Hoping for a few more callbacks in later episodes— c’mon, let’s crush a few heads!

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 4

Well, I enjoyed the heck out of that! I was tickled to see Eddie Izzard pop up in the hot-hot bath sketch (and brushing her hair with Kevin's toothbrush!)

Favorite line (which I will definitely use when I can):

Gordon: How much do weigh these days?

Fran: Only whores weigh themselves.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

Well, I enjoyed the heck out of that! I was tickled to see Eddie Izzard pop up in the hot-hot bath sketch (and brushing her hair with Kevin's toothbrush!)

I like the Fran and Gordon sketch. Belini is back so excited, I just wish they brought back the 30 Helens lol

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, 30 Helens said:

Me too! 😄

most of those helens are dead, it's a fact!

as others have said, they still got it. Only through the first 6 but apocalypse DJ is my fave, Dave was always the best "actor" of the group IMO.

Edited by MrWhyt
  • Love 4

I've seen the first four episodes so far. Still doing meta jokes about Kevin, I see. 

Glad to see the return of Buddy Cole, and how the show has accepted the passage of time ("The Last Fax" sketch.) 

However, that Shakespeare sketch was a bust, no pun intended -- or WAS it?? 😉

On 5/18/2022 at 7:57 PM, Nordly Beaumont said:

Now, every time I step on the scale I say to myself "Only whores weigh themselves."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1