Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: CeCe Peniston/Kellie Williams

I'm 6 minutes in and this CeCe chick has mentioned the size of her house and remarked that Kellie's is much smaller 3 times already.

I hated the Laura Winslow character with a passion, hopefully I'll like Kellie more.

I'm 6 minutes in and this CeCe chick has mentioned the size of her house and remarked that Kellie's is much smaller 3 times already.

Never heard of her.

I hated the Laura Winslow character with a passion, hopefully I'll like Kellie the person more.

Edited by Maharincess

Hannibal has some strong genes because both of those children, particularly John, looked.like.his mini me' s. There is no way in hell I would have recognized either though I watched Family Matters.and know CeCe' s hit.

• Love 3

Hannibal has some strong genes because both of those children, particularly John, looked.like.his mini me' s. There is no way in hell I would have recognized either though I watched Family Matters.and know CeCe' s hit.

You wouldn't have recognized Kelli Williams? She still looks and talks like Laura Winslow. I never knew how Ce Ce looked, though.

And all of the kids were adorable: Kelli and Hannibal's children were cute and smart, and Autumn was really pretty and smart. She seemed older than 13, only because she's tall and very mature. When Kelli told Autumn she was a good cook and she said, "I'm chopping lettuce!", I cracked up because I'd been thinking the exact same thing.

I thought the wives brought important insight to each other's household, but both husbands (Marcus was a fiancée?) were pretty stubborn and didn't seem to care what their new "wives" brought to the table. Kelli was exactly right that you can't spend 4-plus hours a day in the gym when you have a family and a job.  Wait, do either Marcus or CeCe work? CeCe had hits in the early '90s, but that was over 20 years ago. But Marcuse was right that Kellie does need to exercise and eat better.

And CeCe was right that Hannibal could spend more time with the family. The problem is that neither Kelli nor Hannibal seems to have a problem with their current arrangement--Hannibal works long hours, and Kelli does everything for the house and the children. So I don't think either would be willing to change much. And CeCe was right that Hannibal and Kelli need more couple time, and Kelli needs to make time to take care of herself.

In terms of them living in Hannibal's bachelor townhouse, I totally respect his plan to save money rather than getting a huge mortgage on a big house. But it looks like the family is starting to outgrow their current home. But they don't need a mini-mansion. Maybe just a slightly bigger house. That makes me wonder, though, what Kelli Williams' financial status is. I know she was a child actor on an ensemble show, so she wasn't making a million dollars an episode. But that show has been in syndication for years, and it's still in syndication, so she's still getting some amount of income from Family Matters.

You wouldn't have recognized Kelli Williams? She still looks and talks like Laura Winslow. I never knew how Ce Ce looked, though.

Not between the haircut and the weight gain.

Edited by OnceSane
fixed quote tags
  • Love 1
Not between the haircut and the weight gain

It took me a minute too. It probably doesn't help that I haven't watched the show in about ten years. That voice is exactly the same especially when she gets snarky. I knew right away she was familiar and when they played the clip I went "Ohhh".

I think Cece is still producing dance stuff. Its not as lucrative as a solid gold single but it still pays.

I agree with Cece about the house though. I don't think its about money Hannibal just seems to have control issues. Even if he makes peanuts Family Matters was a top ten show and Kimberly was the second lead for most of its very long run she was probably making around $25,000 an episode on the low end (I seem to remember Urkel was actually one of the top ten  highest paid men on tv at one point).. Even if she made some bad investments she should be able to by the house Cece took them to a few times over.

Those children were adorable though just so cute and they speak so well. Kelly was actually really funny and even Cece had some good moment. See this is good television and why I watch the show not like last weeks trainwreck.

• Love 3

"Finally" was one of my favorite songs back in the day (hiding my head in shame).

Those kids were absolutely adorable and Autumn was a sweetheart( give credit to both couples for raising sweet, well mannered kids).

Does Marcus work?

• Love 2

I'm assuming he is actually a fitness trainer- maybe? I think he said something about in his line of work he doesn't wear a suit. Maybe he actually trains professionally and not just Cece.

The kids were the best part. It was also nice to see the couples actually seemed to like each other at the end.

• Love 2

I saw Kelli while visiting the DMV area a year ago, and I recognized her immediately. Yes, she gained weight, but she looks the same facially. I remember seeing her on an episode of Girlfriends way back and she was little heavy then, too. Anyway, I really liked Kelli's family. The kids were too cute! I liked Hannibal, too. I think some people might find him boring, but I think a man who is serious about his career is sexy. I think he owns an IT company which is pretty cool.

I don't see why the size of Kelli's house  is a problem. Yes, Kelli was storing her shoes in the son's room, but she could always reduce her shoe collection or figure out how to reconfigure the home so she can make space for the shoes. I've gotten great storage ideas from watching that Tiny House show. If the housing crisis taught me anything, it's that you buy what you can afford. Even if Kelli has savings from her career, it's better that she live within her means, particularly since she has two kids. Family Matters ended almost 20 years ago. Also, the longer the show airs reruns, the less the residual check. Kelli and her husband are smart not to purchase a home just because.

I know Cece tours a lot - she makes a killing overseas when she does shows there. I imagine that's where most of her money come from. Her step-daughter was adorable. I hope she gets to go to science or space camp.

• Love 3