Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: From Around The Globe

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I just read an article which mentioned in passing that one of the Republican presidential candidates is "presumably gay"-- who are they referring to? I had not heard this particular rumor.

Here's the quote:

...the Republican field [includes] a black man, a woman, two Latinos, a presumably gay man, and a South Asian man....

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/11/15/1449028/-Are-liberals-living-in-their-own-bubble

possibilities, on 17 Dec 2015 - 7:18 PM, said:

I thought this article might interest some of the folks who frequent the TDS forum. I don't know what to think of it, at all:

Liberal or conservative? Brain responses to disgusting images help reveal political leanings

http://research.vtc.vt.edu/news/2014/oct/29/liberal-or-conservative-brain-responses-disgusting/

I remember seeing that  on the PBS show The Brain with David Eagleman.  Totally fascinating!

So I've been thinking how to perfect the late night block.p and think I have it.

Larry to TDS, Trevor and Chris to TNS, cancel @M, place a mock Sportscenter show at midnight.

Cut back on required interviews for TDS (maybe once or twice a week if you don't want to completely take it away), drop panel and half the correspondents on TNS with limited interviews as well, and gets rid of a show that's overstayed it's welcome.

As far as the host shuffling Larry would've gotten the show if not for TNS and I think he would bring the viewers back as long as there is no panel. Trevor and Chris are both pretty young and would have a youthful dynamic together and I don't think they would try cohosts on TDS.

So I've been thinking how to perfect the late night block.p and think I have it.

Larry to TDS, Trevor and Chris to TNS, cancel @M, place a mock Sportscenter show at midnight.

Cut back on required interviews for TDS (maybe once or twice a week if you don't want to completely take it away), drop panel and half the correspondents on TNS with limited interviews as well, and gets rid of a show that's overstayed it's welcome.

As far as the host shuffling Larry would've gotten the show if not for TNS and I think he would bring the viewers back as long as there is no panel. Trevor and Chris are both pretty young and would have a youthful dynamic together and I don't think they would try cohosts on TDS.

I thought Chris was closer in age to Larry, which is technically true.  Trevor is 32, Chris is 44 and Larry is 54.  Chris and Larry will be 45 and 55 at the end of the year. 

I can't see this happening.  A mock sports show could be cute. I don't think Chris wants to do a show that is as serious as either Nightly/Daily. I think you would have to rename the Nightly Show, since it now has a certain vibe. I can't see any of the hosts being happy with it, even Larry. 

Edited by Temperance

NYC Parks stands firmly against any unpermitted erection in city parks, no matter how small.

Best part of the article is the NYC Parks Department statement about the statue.  

There is not a good place to put this, but I just wanted to let people know that The Jim Jeffries Show is ending. The final episode on November 19. Jim Jeffries is attempting to create a new show for himself that could possibly air on NBC.

Part 1: Infamous Peloton ad

Part 2: Infamous Same Sex Hallmark ad

Mashup: Peloton is inclusive, any spouse can irrationally fat shame the other....Ellen & Neil Patrick Harris on a spilt screen buying Pelotons as surprise gifts for their respective spouses....