Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Cheese Stands Alone

Trini

The writers need to come to NYC to see some real sized rats!

...and maybe an alligator in the sewer

I will repeat that the book was AWFUL but the animals globally and across species joined together quickly. It didn't happen in these pockets of animals in different corners of the continent. And the species joined forces...dogs, cats, rats together following a chimpanzee through the streets of New York.

Edited by English Teacher

I looked to see how many episodes are left.  Five!  So I'm out.  I could have watched another episode or two, but not five!  And this is from someone who watched all of The Following episodes!

• Love 1

I looked to see how many episodes are left.  Five!  So I'm out.  I could have watched another episode or two, but not five!  And this is from someone who watched all of The Following episodes!

I, OTOH, could not handle The Following's stabby gore past the first half of the first season.

Relatively tame, clean, campy predators are more my speed.

• Love 1

QUOTE-I feel embarrassed and outraged on behalf of the poor rats. Given all we know about their behavior and their intelligence they really drew the short stick here. You'd expect them to mastermind the zoopocalyps probably with the help of crows, delphins and octopuses.QUOTE-I feel embarrassed and outraged on behalf of the poor rats. Given all we know about their behavior and their intelligence they really drew the short stick here. You'd expect them to mastermind the zoopocalyps probably with the help of crows, delphins and octopuses.

As anybody who has read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy knows the MICE are in charge and are experimenting on us, and the dolphins know enough to blow town (or blow planet as the case may be) before things really get desperate.  Can you imagine how much better this show would be if it were being written by Douglas Adams from beyond the grave? 

Anybody else think the cats had their meeting, decided there was nothing in it for them by joining the animal revolution since humans are pretty much their slaves already and decided to sit the whole thing out?

• Love 1

If this show had any sense, they'd give spiders a hive-mind. Has anyone been able to sleep with a spider on the ceiling over their bed?

Spiders with access to a hive mind is my idea of nightmare fuel! Full disclosure: I speak as one who couldn't make it through a whole episode of The Following's stabby gore follies.

I should think a feline hive consciousness would involve a lot of "Bored. Now."

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I didn't mind Mitch in this episode.  He told Jaime that she should stay with the group because there's safety in numbers.  At this point, she may or may not be a fugiitive.  She said that he should be careful, or people will think that he might care.  Then, they smirked at each other. 

I was amused because it seemed meta because Billy Burke doesn't even pretend to care about this show.

The father/daughter bonding was boring.  The mom doesn't trust Mitch, so she's not going to accept some questionable meds that Mitch manages to get. 

At this point, the only father/daughter storyline is the Reiden tramadol.  I'm waiting for the daughter to be attacked by the lovable lab.  It will be unintentionally hilarious. 

I love Abraham's voice, and he offers good advice.  However, he's better when he's looking for a glass of wine. 

Jame's Wolk's prettiness is the only selling point for this show, and he's looking frumpy. 

Chloe and her flamethrower.  Sure, why not?

I don't care about the science because nothing on this show is believable.  I know nothing about James Patterson, but he is no Michael Crichton.  I expected the rat queen to be the size of a large white sow.  I loved watching the rats come to shore as if they were storming the beaches of Normandy.

The show mentioned that the animals are reproducing at an accelerated rate.  First, rats.  Then, it'll be lions, tigers, etc.  People can handle the lions and tigers.  People will have a harder time with controlling a rat or insect population.

The group thought that the animals were mutating to wipe out humans.  Thousands of rats, and they only managed to kill an exterminator.  These animals better start getting better at killing.  I expected the entire island to be at the mercy of male rats that were reproducing asexually.  These rats were spending too much of their time surfing the elevator. 

• Love 2

I would never guess that Billy Burke is unprofessional enough that he doesn't care about his part in the show; I think the cynical, bored affect is in character for Mitch. At the same time, I can't help thinking that "Sure, why not?" must have been said a lot in the writers' room.

Like, A LOT.

• Love 3

If this show had any sense, they'd give spiders a hive-mind. Has anyone been able to sleep with a spider on the ceiling over their bed?

Actually, I did it, last month. It wasn't exactly over my bed, but it was on the wall, pretty close. 

This show is awful! I think its main mistake is that until now, you never get the feeling  that humanity is in danger, that this threat is getting bigger. People in the street isn't worried about these attacks. Media isn't talking about these attacks.

. It's like Revolution and Terra Nova all over again: good idea, disappointing execution.

Edited by Helena Dax
  • Love 3
I would never guess that Billy Burke is unprofessional enough that he doesn't care about his part in the show; I think the cynical, bored affect is in character for Mitch.

I agree.  I also think that Billy Burke knows how cheesy this show is, and the meta is coming through. 

I was surprised that I liked Mitch in the last few episodes.

Edited by spaulding
  • Love 1