Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Gary Anthony Williams 2

• Start Topic

Whee! Just the 4th Chair!

Intros: Wayne- Chief of Staff, Gary- First Lady, Colin- Canadian Ambassador and Ryan- Sexy intern.

Games: World's Worst, Whose Line?, Irish Drinking Song, Props, Doo-W** and Greatest Hits.

Gary's "Oh, I'm gonna use my mime skills!" was funny.  Most of the bits were funny, but that one struck me funniest tonight.

I was not expecting Colin's Mary Jane line near the end of the second game; a hat-tip to the gent for that. I know I should have expected it, but I didn't for some reason.

Irish Drinking Song was great in the way it soldiered on. That is a hardy crew. *g*

Props is a golden workhorse. Even when it's not spectacular, there are gems, but tonight was very good.

I tend to enjoy Doo-W** and tonight did not disappoint.

Neither did Greatest Hits! Not the best from the guys, but it was fun and close to great. Gary's callback was fun, too.

It was a rare-ish 6 game show, but the thing that has me wondering: When the station break came between Doo-W** and Greatest Hits, there was roughly 15 minutes left. After Greatest Hits, there was about four. Surely the show is doing well with sponsors and selling the ad time, right?

I was glad that the game mix got stirred bit and that we weren't seeing the same handful of games. I was feeling a bit anxious for Greatest Hits, even though that has gotten used quite a lot over the seasons.

This episode was a refreshing dip back to what the core of the show is about-being silly and doin' it on the fly. A fun episode that should stand up to repeated viewing.

• Love 1

I'm not sure if they've played Whose Line this season, but they've played it in the current Aisha reboot.

I love Gary's mime skills. I really loved when by happenstance he could use them again. I also loved when, in Greatest Hits, Wayne had cut the glass partition, Gary kind of put his head in, then Wayne swerved, and Gary instantly mimed that he had bumped his head. Now that's some good miming.

Irish Drinking Song was fun. I like it better than Hoedown. I don't know why since they're basically the same.

Props was good. I think I liked Ryan and Gary's side better. The Quasimodo one was good, and I really liked the curling one.

So refreshing not to have a special guest star.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode-everyone was on and no guest! I liked that they had some different games-world's worst, whose line, etc. I like Wayne and Gary together-they play off of each other well.

No helping hands!!!!!

Lots of laughs.

• Love 3

Agree with most everyone that it was nice to see no guest, see different games, etc.  One of the better episodes this season.

Wayne's Oscar Pistorius bit did surprise me a bit, in a "Ooh, he went _there_?" kind of way.  I couldn't tell if the audience's muted reaction was from being startled or from not getting it, though.

• Love 1

Irish Drinking Song was fun. I like it better than Hoedown. I don't know why since they're basically the same.

like Irish drinking song better too.  I think it is because they have to play off of each other and rhyme with someone else's line.  They don't do a whole verse by themselves so it gives more spontaneous results, usually resulting in more laughs, IMO. 

• Love 3

I really don't know what else to say about this episode that hasn't been said, other than the fact that they finally mixed up the games. The only aspect that kinda bothered me was the positioning for World's Worst. Unless there are people who have watched this rare game played outside the show (ahem, Drew Carey's Improvaganza), and you may correct me if I'm wrong, it was weird seeing the guys in the same positions for Scenes from a Hat instead of the world's worst step. It felt like watching an extension of Scenes from a Hat. Other than that, hooray this episode earned the highest number of viewers, dispensing the truth that the show does not necessarily and/constantly have to bring a celebrity guest to gain an audience. The ratings are evidence of Whose Line's true calling: having 4 improvisers play a plethora of games and banter at each other, problematic/accidental technicalities always welcomed, too.

Edited by The Luvly Junkie
  • Love 1

Yikes! I enjoyed this one a lot but at the beginning during World's Worse, Colin had a line about being a newscaster reporting on a sniper and then getting shot. I probably wouldn't have remembered had I watched this one when it originally aired--but obviously it stuck out a bit after last week. But yes, it was so nice to just have the 4 of them do it without a guest (even if I sometimes like the guests). I wish they would do this more and guests less. They are a time suck as you cheer for them coming in and then as they leave the stage...then when they come in again later then leave again...

But overall I really enjoyed this one! It's nice when the cast looks like they are having a ball too. They looked like they were having more fun in this one than many of the others this season.

• Love 1