Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Best Runs of 2015

• Start Topic

I watched and liked it. Lots of fun runs coupled with snippets of highlights. I was already running behind the episode when I started watching it, and I had to rewind at the poor bastard who flamed out on the Barrel Drop (or whatever it's called), then had the barrel smack him in the head and knock him into the water. That was funny. Also amusing: Matt & Akbar when they're amped up on a ninja, or when the ninja flames out far too early.

Michael Stanger got a wild card. I just know it. Nice that the three qualifying women from last year got wild cards. At least the finals won't be a total sausage party.

I enjoyed seeing the runs again but not the sob stories and other filler.  I wish they'd spend less time on all those back stories and on rehashing Kacy's non-qualifying run and use that time to explain some things I've never heard explained. 

Aspiring contestants submit application videos which are narrowed down by ???  A selection committee?  Then walk ons, presumably people who didn't submit videos for some reason, line up for days hoping to make the cut.  What has to happen for a walk on to be added to the show?  And how do those guys manage being in line for days?  How do they get food and use bathroom facilities and so on?  And what are the criteria for wild cards?  Who makes those decisions? 

• Love 1

I enjoyed seeing the runs again but not the sob stories and other filler.  I wish they'd spend less time on all those back stories and on rehashing Kacy's non-qualifying run and use that time to explain some things I've never heard explained. 

Aspiring contestants submit application videos which are narrowed down by ???  A selection committee?  Then walk ons, presumably people who didn't submit videos for some reason, line up for days hoping to make the cut.  What has to happen for a walk on to be added to the show?  And how do those guys manage being in line for days?  How do they get food and use bathroom facilities and so on?  And what are the criteria for wild cards?  Who makes those decisions? 

Well, Matt and Akbar and the producers have hard-ons for Kacy, so she's never going away. 

I always assumed that the walk-ons are people who submitted videos, but were not chosen beforehand, or just decided to show up. Jonathan Horton allegedly was a walk-on, because he wasn't chosen, even though he was a contestant last year.

They must give the walk-ons numbers or something, so they can go off the line to get food or go to the bathroom. Maybe you have to be in line during the day when the producers roam up and down, deciding who to choose.  

• Love 1

I do not understand how someone like Jonathan Horton who has some name recognition for being an Olympian (at least, I know his name...) doesn't get a spot.  Maybe it is because he isn't a full time trained ninja competitor and this is secondary for him- but you'd think the show would want to highlight someone like him.

I would love to hear more about the walk-on line and what it entails.

In college we would camp out for football tickets, and there would be hourly roll calls. Someone in your group had to be there on the hour, or every third hour over night, to answer the roll call, or you lost your spot. I wonder if it is like that.  (We also had an infamous "list eater" event, where a girl cut in the line, grabbed the list that had kept roll call for 5 days, ate it, and then stood in front of the ticket office to be first. I'm pretty sure that due to the angry mob she did not  get tickets, but I can't recall.)

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 1

I also want to know how far apart are the first city competitions and the city finals:  are they held the same weekend or a week or two apart or what?  Do contestants get any expense money if they make the Finals and Las Vegas?  How long after the city finals is the Las Vegas competition held?  How does one get tickets to the event?! (thinking of myself there!)

So, which Wild Cards did they reveal?  (Kacy, I'm willing to guess.  But who else?)

Kacy Catanzero, Meagan Martin, Michelle Warnkey, and seven more women - Rose Wetzel, Cassie Craig, Marybeth Wang, Tory Garcia, Caitlin Shukwit, Annie Dudek, and Asya Grechka

I was so sure that Michael Stanger and John Alexis, Jr. were going to get wildcards but it seems unlikely.  With the ten wildcards, the total number of participants comes to 100.  Maybe, they upped the number of participants.