Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Tsunami(1)

I am staying with this show because I think Jennifer Beals is terrific.  Poor Joe Morton spent way too much time in Shondaland because no matter how hard he tries - his speeches come across in bloviating Shonda-speak.  It's very difficult to take him seriously.

• Love 2

I am staying with this show because I think Jennifer Beals is terrific. 

Myself as well. I don't hear a lot of good buzz about this show. I wonder if it's because viewers do not want to watch a show that deals with what if's, intangibles and spiritual questions?

Jennifer Beals is terrific.  I think there would be a lot of interest in the subject matter if the plots were better written.  They have an interesting premise in the beginning of each episode and then they lose me somewhere along the line.  Why is the woman with the green scarf always wearing the green scarf, no matter what else she has on?  Oh, right, it's for effect.   And I'm not really interested in the love connections of the supporting characters.  I do like the story line with Dr Tyler and her husband.  That part seems authentic to me.  I like Jennifer Beals enough to keep watching but I wish it was a better show.

• Love 2

I'm loyal as well.  Just watched it today.  The whole pushy African fiancee story line turns me off, but I too like the romance-ish between Dr. Tyler & hubby.  The story line is interesting, and Beals keeps me riveted.  I wonder if this show will have a second season, despite the low interest here.  Not sure about the ratings.

• Love 1

I enjoy this show, and I hope it gets renewed.  Even though there are few comments in here, it's nice that they are all positive.  Most of the show forums I read on this site are dominated by haters.  It makes me wonder why they even watch.

I am staying with this show because I think Jennifer Beals is terrific.  Poor Joe Morton spent way too much time in Shondaland because no matter how hard he tries - his speeches come across in bloviating Shonda-speak.  It's very difficult to take him seriously.

I loved Joe Morton in Eureka, where he was nothing like his Scandal character, but I agree with you, for some reason he comes across that way too. On the other hand, pretty much all they're giving him to do is being the scolding parental type - so maybe it's not entirely his fault.

I enjoy the show too - medical inaccuracies aside. In this case the donor's wife's story bothered me because it seemed to only lead up to a moment when she would think her sacrifice was all for nothing (the heart rejection scene) and set up a possible law suit or something.

I like all the characters, and Zed's romantic entanglements as well. I have trouble watching Caroline Kaplan (Janel) since it struck me that she looks so much like the actor Zach Woods (Silicon Valley). It's not that I dislike her, it's just that I keep seeing him instead of her (though she's a much prettier version). I looked them up on IMDB, and they don't seem to be related.

Well, that was an unusual episode. During that Scrabble game, I actually half-expected Caroline to confess to her ex-husband that she's been seeing Will. She seemed so close to saying something, but instead she kissed him. (Not that I blame her. LOL.)

Turing's losing it. Hasn't he ever seen Flatliners?? Nothing good comes from opening that door.  ;)