Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 8/3/15

• Start Topic

Wow. Whoopi was not impressed with the Homme Less guy. The look on her face was priceless. For once, I agree with her. He is kind of sketchy to me. He just wants to make a documentary and be famous IMO.

• Love 2

Not to disparage the "young stuff", but they don't know what they don't know.  I have a 28-yr.-old great niece that totally blows me away with what she thinks about EVERYTHING!!!  Ten feet tall & bullet-proof -- (reminds me of me at that age!!)

• Love 2

Must be laundry day for Whoopi because that outfit had to be a last resort.  I don't know if she was wearing a dress or shirt or potato sack or tent! When she walked across the stage with the cd from the OITNB actress, she looked ridiculous. I made a dress in 8th grade Home Ec that looked better.

What WAS that?????? Easily the worst outfit ever. A little Raggedy Ann mixed with Little house on the prairie, but a lot like an old flour sack. But Raven said she loved it, and raved about the "designer". Wait. Someone DESIGNED that?
  • Love 7

I watched the show the past week and a half, but I had computer problems so I wasn't able to enjoy mocking it here with all of you. The episode with Nancy Grace and Kelly Osbourne was absolutely the funniest, first with Kelly Osbourne stepping in the same racial controversy that she acted above as a quick way out of Fashion Police and then Nancy Grace smacking down Raven's beyond stupid question, "Do they eat the lion meat?" LOL You know you're pretty far gone when Nancy Grace speaks more sense. I will say the show hasn't been as bad the past two weeks as Whoopi/Jenny/Sherri, but I'm giving the props to Nicolle and Rosie for that more than anything. I'm actually glad that happened to Kelly O, because I was worried they might have been trying to cast her. And who knows? They may still hire her. They cast Candace and Raven after they caused controversy with inane comments. And she would fit in with the other irrelevant child "stars" this show seems to be going for. Maybe those are the only "stars" that Whoopi isn't threatened by? Needless to say I'll be hoping for another cast exodus at the end of next season. And I believe Whoopi will finally be one of the co-hosts out the door, with her contract up. I congratulate ABC on torturing her by not letting her leave and get paid for it, even if that means we the viewers get tortured simultaneously.

I couldn't help laughing at Nicolle wearing black on the day she announced she would definitely be leaving entirely. Like it was her own little funeral or something. Loved your script for her final words, Bronzedog. lol I definitely think Nicolle was being a smart*** with her goodbye comments, declaring herself in love with Whoopi and pronouncing the showrunners "very wise." Raven... My dislike of her was heavily in place before she ever came on to guest co-host, but even I would never have guessed she was this arrogant and rude before The View. She should be embarrassed with the way she's acted towards Rosie Perez the past two weeks--behavior which Rosie Perez has ignored entirely and been too much of a lady to reciprocate. I'm one of the few people who liked Rosie Perez, I suppose, but I'm glad for her sake she won't have to sit next to Raven--hopefully--ever again in her lifetime. Raven looks like a Bratz doll, with the attitude to match. The way she advertised her appearance on Disney Channel like it was Meryl Streep's next movie... LOL

I did notice the past two weeks that Rosie P is the only person who challenged anything said at any time (well, except for when Whoopi is acting holier-than-thou, I mean), and even she didn't do it as often as you'd expect considering the amount of BS being spewed. Michelle has grown on me, surprisingly. I wouldn't call myself a fan per se, and she does the ad crap that Elisabeth and Sherri were relegated to, but she seems to have at least a little something behind the "fluffy" veneer the show is demanding of her. I've no doubt her reason for being hired is how cheap and mostly inoffensive she is.

• Love 8

The episode with Nancy Grace and Kelly Osbourne was absolutely the funniest, first with Kelly Osbourne stepping in the same racial controversy that she acted above as a quick way out of Fashion Police and then Nancy Grace smacking down Raven's beyond stupid question, "Do they eat the lion meat?" LOL You know you're pretty far gone when Nancy Grace speaks more sense. 

I watched an Inside Edition episode this week (don't judge) where they reported on restaurants in the U.S. that serve wild game, including lion meatballs. Raven probably hadn't read up on it but technically, some people eat lion. The asshole dentist though just killed the animal because he wanted to.

• Love 4

Technically, everything on the earth is probably eaten somewhere. I remember seeing a video years ago where someone swallowed a cobra's heart freshly cut out of its body. But I find it hard to believe anyone would think people are hunting lions specifically for their meat, or Raven would think the topic of a privileged dentist dragging a lion off a preserve, shooting it with an arrow, and then chasing it down was a good moment to make a point that hunting is okay with her as long as you eat the meat... He wasn't hunting for meat and even if he did happen to eat it afterwards, he still treated the animal as inhumanely as possible. Raven's an idiot.

• Love 6

I'm 36 and I guess I better get going on adding 10 children to my family.  Naturally, Whoopi knows better than the study.  At least Niccole (sp???) was trying to steer it back to the premise.  Less sex but better equals lower HIV rate?  Whaaaaat?

• Love 4

Technically, everything on the earth is probably eaten somewhere. I remember seeing a video years ago where someone swallowed a cobra's heart freshly cut out of its body. But I find it hard to believe anyone would think people are hunting lions specifically for their meat, or Raven would think the topic of a privileged dentist dragging a lion off a preserve, shooting it with an arrow, and then chasing it down was a good moment to make a point that hunting is okay with her as long as you eat the meat... He wasn't hunting for meat and even if he did happen to eat it afterwards, he still treated the animal as inhumanely as possible. Raven's an idiot.

OMG... this reminded me.....

Every drop of water you drink as been filtered by something's bladder.

It just might be too late... I should go to bed

• Love 2

Interesting article.  Wow, I don't even know what to think about "ABC Executives" swooping in and threatening Rosie P to apologize about such a thing.  A seriously painful stereotype was rubbed in her face and SHE had to smooth it over and grovel to Kelly Osbourne???  How very Gestapo of them.

• Love 7

I wish Rosie Perez had got it a little easier being on this show. Sure, Nicolle got fired, too, but she was never dragged in the headlines like Rosie Perez has been or had everyone in front of and behind the scenes be disrespectful to her (Whoopi mocking her accent, Raven rolling her eyes and sighing whenever she spoke, whoever leaked things about her to the media, ABC supposedly planning to fire her midway through the season, now the forced apology, etc.). I'm not sure she was prepared to jump in this den of vipers called The View.

• Love 9

The show was completely pre-empted today (one hour!) for a discussion of our weather (Phoenix are).  My area did have a heavy wind--maybe five minutes.  Then

had heavy rain: one minute.  Still, it probably takes a long time to describe that meteorologically when you're dressed like you made some money last night on the streets.

• Love 6

Ha, the irony of the Daily News calling another news source fake! Sounds more like someone at The View called in a favor to the Daily News.  The story in the Daily Mail makes more sense and seems more credible as Rosie backpedaled her apology a short time after that ridiculous apologetic tweet.

• Love 4

Once again begs the question- Why is everybody so afraid of Sharon Osborne?

She might be fairly far removed from her rock background but I have to guess that some of the power she wields is because of those past connections.

Her father, Don Arden was a serious industry heavyweight.

And it has been argued that Ozzy, et al, would not be anywhere near where they are today had Sharon not taken over his career. I think Ozzy barely still had a career at the time.