Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Pittsburgh Finals

• Start Topic

The top 30 competitors from the Pittsburgh Qualifier tackle the Pittsburgh Finals course, which features such obstacles as the Salmon Ladder, Floating Monkey Bars, Door Knob Arch and Invisible Ladder.

Geoff Britton is a monster.  And happy to see Weatherman finish the course.  I pretty much liked everyone in this city finals...well, maybe not liked...could stand everyone.

It was also a little ridiculously dramatic that Hall fell...it's not life or death here.  He was still great.  Bummed that Warnkey fell.  Boo.  

• Love 1

Add "Floating Monkey Bars" to the list of obstacles that can wipe out even the most stalwart ninja. Snake Road isn't too shabby, either. Lucky for the female competitors that wild cards exist; otherwise, we'd have a big ole sausage party in Vegas. And yes . . . Geoff Britten is a monster.

Yeah, the course designer really screwed up this year. Way too much upper body. Makes me scared for what we'll see in Vegas this year. Then again, knowing what happened this year, the Ninja's will focus on upper body/rock climbing skills and probably blow this year's courses out of the water.

The key to the invisible ladder is definitely  the legs. Get your legs/body in the swings certainly helps get up faster. But you have to have the right rhythm;  seemed to me that some of the ones that made it to the ladder couldn't quite get it down and they were swinging wildly.

That all said, I don't think I can find much really *wrong* with the Houston course. It seemed decent enough all in all. I love the Monkey bars. The Doorknob arch was probably a bit too long as its only flaw; seemed like it would be hard to get a good dismount angle off of it in general; but it's a classic obstacle. Houston's main problem is that it's heavy upper body to the end; same problem all the other courses had. (Warped Wall is the only break between the Stairs to the Invisible Ladder)

Is it just me, or are there fewer rock climbers this year? It feels like we've got more 'professional ninjas' and fewer rock climbers and parkour artists and other athletes. Did they get knocked out in the preliminaries? 

Britton (popeye) was amazing! I'm glad the weatherman (Joe M) finished the course. All the courses this year seemed a bit harder than prior years (less finishers IIRC) and as always--to much focus on upper body strength. I still enjoy this show despite the "while you were away" bs and sappy sob stories (they should cut it down to just a couple and then do faster intros for everyone imo).

This is season 7 right so it should be time for someone to finish all of the stages in Vegas. If it is mainly upper body then I bet the rookie Britton has a good shot even though I'd like a vet like David Campbell or someone like that to win (like the weatherman or Paul Kashmir). But I'd be happy with Britton winning it all. Wait, I want the rookie law clerk to win and donate all the money then I want to see what his girlfriend or wife does (lol). I don't know why but I'm not a big fan of that cowboy dude (Lance Pekus?). I don't dislike him but let's just say~not a fan. For some reason I cringe when all the fans scream when he takes off his shirt.

Edited by Vicky8675309

I don't know why but I'm not a big fan of that cowboy dude (Lance Pekus?). I don't dislike him but let's just say~not a fan. For some reason I cringe when all the fans scream when he takes off his shirt.

I think it's the wax job he does on his chest. I don't know why men do that. It's not attractive.

Lucky for the female competitors that wild cards exist; otherwise, we'd have a big ole sausage party in Vegas. 

There was one woman who was in the top 15 in her city, but otherwise, yeah.  Hated to see Warnsky go out.