Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Electro/City

I'm impressed that Amy Poehler got out "I'm only 16 years old" with a straight face.

I binge-watched this faster than I've done for any other Netflix series, but this was clearly the best episode of the run.  

• Love 3

Bruce Greenwood!  He's one of my favorites, so I was thrilled to see him pop up as the defense attorney.  Plus, all his prior connections with the rest of the cast is fun: he is another former Mad Men guy and he was Pike to Chris Pine's Kirk, in the Star Trek reboot.

I figured something was going to happen to Greg, but I was surprised how brutal his and Michael Cera's deaths were.  The Falcon ain't fucking around!  And I loved that he gave a dramatic death speech, with a freaking hole in his head.

The way Susie and Claude are so casual about the underage stuff is so wrong, but so hilarious.

Yay, Ben and McKinney!

I don't know how, but this show is actually making me root for Andy/Katie, despite him being such a jackass in the film.  I think it's must be Paul Rudd.  Well, that, and that Blake is such a perfect antagonist.  Josh Charles is so much fun.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Anyone looking to come out to their 16 year old girlfriend, family, friends … "I didn't know until I put on the Zoot Suit." 

Also … "Electro-City is SUCH a cruel place to live!!!!"

Edited by DiegoBurger
  • Love 3

I didn't realize Electro City wasn't a real thing. 

1) it so should be, though.  I swear, the (original!!) music through this thing...

Anyone looking to come out to their 16 year old girlfriend, family, friends … "I didn't know until I put on the Zoot Suit." 

2) I've been trying unsuccessfully to come up with some story that makes sense for why there would be a two-headed zoot suit man in a musical otherwise about the death penalty.  The spandex body suits are... I think the electr..i...city?

3) it's not in this episode, but the whole "I had no idea you were so creative" "I assumed you knew I was creative because you're creative... nevermind, whether or not you're creative, I think you're very talented" exchange was so cute and more of those two together please.

• Love 2

Unless you could identify a song and artist without even thinking about it (REO Speedwagon, for example) the song was probably an original. They really nailed the 80's music. Heart Attack sounded like it could have been a Pat Benatar song.

Heart Attack borrowed heavily from Benatar's Heartbreaker.  It has a lot of the same lyrics and some of the same music in parts.  I haven't gotten to Higher and Higher yet.  

I had never watched the movie before this weekend. I watched it, then watched all of the episodes over 2 days. I didn't decide for sure whether I really liked it until this episode, and what finally tipped me over was the Lite-Brite front and center on the stage floor that spelled out "Electro-City". All of the little 1981 touches they put in everywhere are amazing.

• Love 2

When Bruce Greenwood was talking on his cel, I was like, wait a minute, we didn’t have those back in the day!  Then Schwartzman  says something like, hey, what’s that metal thing you’re holding in your hand?  Ha!

I was pretty shocked when Cera got the bullet to the head, was NOT expecting that. Jason also!

I was pretty shocked when Cera got the bullet to the head, was NOT expecting that. Jason also!

Really?  I was waiting for it to happen from the beginning of the press conference.  Classic "gonna get killed" setup.  And, y'know, we all knew Greg wasn't going to make it to the last day of camp... 

On 8/1/2015 at 8:02 AM, starri said:

I'm impressed that Amy Poehler got out "I'm only 16 years old" with a straight face.

Me too. I love that this sequel just decided not to give a fuck about how old everyone is.

Electro City did a good job at aping 80's theater. I felt a bit of Chess and Cats influences there.

• Love 1