Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: 74 Ephiphanies

With the 15 Division restructuring looming, Andy and Sam’s wedding comes just in time for the gang to celebrate one last hurrah.  

Well that felt very end of the series-ish. The wedding, all the sentiments of the episode, bringing up of Jerry's watch, the comments about "last act." All of them staying together, getting new rookies, Dov and Tracy getting promotion. 

Nick only had one scene and that's it? It was a great scene saying bye to Andy and helping her with her dress. But he just moves to Vancouver? Was Peter already filming something when they taped this? Even if the show returns, doesn't seem like he will.

Duncan's gone too. They wrapped up him helping Andy and redeeming himself and then shipped him off. 

I really liked the finale, only loose end was the girl who stole the truck. Did they mention getting that back? 

Hope the show isn't canceled. 

• Love 3

While this would be a fine episode to end on, because everything's all wrapped up, I hope it's not the end.

I really want to see Gail training Rookies, while Oliver watches and laughs.

• Love 5

Yeah I think I have something in my eye or something cuz that made me way too soppy. It was a good finale I just wish we had gotten another moment with the original rookies besides them just standing in front of the whiteboard. I did love the slideshow pic of the four of them though. 

Swarek's dad was gold and actually good idea, although I wish we had seen his sister again. I was wondering where the hell Marlo was though especially when Andy made that comment about "all the people we love" The vows were good I loved the screw-up with the ring and Sam calling her "McNally". The whole wedding was pretty perfect.

• Love 2

Nice way to wrap up a season or a show - I guess it could go either way. The episode was your standard wedding shenanigans episode. Andy looked great in her wedding dress, the shades and the leather jacket. I can't help it but Nick sewing Andy into her wedding dress was way hotter than it should have been. If Nick leaves the show for good I hope Peter Mooney picks up a decent gig that offers him more screen-time than this show did.

• Love 3

I was wondering where the hell Marlo was though especially when Andy made that comment about "all the people we love" 

When they got engaged (or when they decided on a date, can't remember exactly), Andy had asked Sam that the wedding be "Marlo free". 

Nice way to wrap up a season or a show - I guess it could go either way. The episode was your standard wedding shenanigans episode. Andy looked great in her wedding dress, the shades and the leather jacket. I can't help it but Nick sewing Andy into her wedding dress was way hotter than it should have been. If Nick leaves the show for good I hope Peter Mooney picks up a decent gig that offers him more screen-time than this show did.

I agree! Andy looked really, really good with the shades, leather jacket, the wedding dress and the big huge boots! Loved it. And yes, Nick's scene with Andy was great - I really liked that they finally found a place to be really good friends, and genuinely happy for one another.

• Love 3

I appreciated that both Nick and Marlo weren't at the wedding.  I like Nick, but I always find it disingenuous when the exes are at a tv wedding.

What a beautiful wedding, I misted up just reading the vows, before I watched.

I am still peeved that Jerry and Traci didn't get their wedding.

(edited)

Wow the video was great. It really seems like they were preparing for the end. The table read, the clips/slideshow of all the photos.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Wait, so... Gail's story arc for the last 2 seasons has been growth, right? And now she backs out of the adoption (fair enough) and has a post-wedding hookup with a woman she doesn't like or connect with, but who is available sexually, not emotionally, and is a version of pre-growth Gail. Like... ok, sure, but the whole growth arc is such a fiasco then. Why bother with it at all? Did they hope until the last episodes that they'd have another season to go somewhere with it?

• Love 1

Rookie Blue: Inside The Wedding

Awwwww! Missy and Ben tearing up during the table read. If this was the series finale...what a way to go out and what a wonderful episode.

PS: I would have liked to know what Baby Swarek's name was though. lol.

aww, the link itsn't working for me.  is it something that's only available in the US? anyone have a working link that works in canada?

Well that felt very end of the series-ish. The wedding, all the sentiments of the episode, bringing up of Jerry's watch, the comments about "last act." All of them staying together, getting new rookies, Dov and Tracy getting promotion.

i missed this bit.  what positions did they get promoted to?

i hope this show gets renewed.  it was a fun show to watch during summer, and i'm always fond of good, modern canadian programming.

eta: on a shallow note, i wish they had styled andy's hair better for the wedding. maybe loose and flowy, instead of up in that half pony-tail thing she had going :)

Edited by smilestar

The actor who plays Duncan is a regular on "Kevin From Work" so that's where he went.

I remembered that Andy had asked for a Marlo-free wedding, but the comment about "everyone we love" excludes Sam's kid, and that kind of made her vows look pretty ill-considered. Realistic, though, I guess. People in real life say all kinds of lovey stuff they don't live up to, so why not TV characters doing the same?

Tracy's promotion was to head of guns and gangs. Dov is now a detective (in training).

I thought it was perhaps the most boring Rookie Blue finale ever.

What was with the crazy knife-wielding lady? If she just felt like going on a killing spree, why was Andi spared? And if she wanted to steal a car, why didn't she dump out Angus after stabbing him and take his? Why did she take his keys but leave his car? 

Of course I should know by now that Rookie Blue plots are not high on sense, yet I still get dragged in...

That dress made Andi look really broad shouldered.

This definitely felt like a series finale, but I'm a little torn on hoping it might come back (no more Duncan! a new show runner!) and hoping it doesn't (it really is inane, and I'd kind of like to see some of the better actors move on to other things).

• Love 1

I'm glad Nick didn't attend the wedding. His thirty seconds with Andy was far more interesting than McSwarek will ever hope to be. I miss Nick and Andy. although I wouldn't wish Andy on any of my exes. 

Andy's dress was hideous. The jacket and sunglasses were a cute touch, but the flipping boots. Ugh.

Chloe was cute solving the crime by knowing the dish the wife was preparing.

Duncan annoyed. Suddenly introducing Sam's father seems like such a wasted opportunity. I also liked how we randomly forget people exist while new faces suddenly are everywhere.

I keep saying I'll stop watching, but summertime boredom sucks me in. I hope someone else can  put an end to this show so I won't be tempted to catch another episode. I'm not ready for a McSwarek married life snoozefest. I really don't want a rocky marriage though for them so one is tempted to cheat.

The ending montage (besides McSwarek) with the rookies becoming TOs was a nice touch and it amused me more than anything else this episode. You know Andy is going to screw it up royally so why bother Oliver?

• Love 1