Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Breaking Up The Band

Now that Sam and Marlo’s baby girl has arrived, it’s clear nothing could have prepared Andy for this moment. So when Juliet offers Andy an opportunity to leave town for 4 months on an undercover project, Andy starts to consider it. Meanwhile, Jarvis reveals the shocking news that 15 Division will be restructured following the corruption scandal.

This episode reminded me why I hated Sam all last season and preferred Nick/Andy He attacks and always blames Andy for running away, yet he broke up with her and didn't talk to her for weeks then blames her for going on the undercover assignment. He said he loved her and instantly jumped into a relationship with Marlo, that will follow them forever. 

Next week looks like it could be a series finale if they didn't get renewed.

• Love 5

Well, that was pretty horrible. Plus isn't someone sane calling Duncant a good cop a sign of they're not even trying? (Andy remains a horrible cop, but she's Andy so that gets a pass.)

Looks like they're ready to stick the fork in.

(edited)

I forgave Traci for telling Duncan't he's a good cop (I think she was just trying to be kind) when I saw the "Oh, crud. Now he's gonna follow me around like a puppy" look that flashed across her face at his reaction. Was the scene between Nick and Chloe and Duncan't (and his failing deodorant) supposed to charm us? I found it weird, and sort of creepy. The writers continue to misjudge the appeal of this character. Matt Murray's not really bringing it off, but I'm not certain it's his fault.

I'm SO GLAD that Andy didn't just bail (again). I think that would have been unforgivably immature and selfish. Who knew that Frosty would end up being the more unselfish (and parental) between those two? I really felt for Gail when she tried to do the right thing for Sophie. Charlotte Sullivan sold Gail's anguish really well.

Oliver's really lost.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I was surprised Duncant didn't ask Traci out on a date on the spot.

Just wait; there's still the season finale for that to happen.

I really, really hate the Andy/Sam drama. I like them happy, but I hate when they have drama. First off, Sam. She's not the only one known for running away. You've done it many times with her as well, so don't act like you're the victim. Seriously dude, you judge her so many times and you act like you're so much better. Sure, I like you better this season but that's only because Andy's been annoying and you haven't gotten much of a voice with the whole baby storyline. So, sit down and shut up.

Now, Andy: running away is not the answer. It's ridiculous that she thinks that running away is going to be good for them. It's a baby! I know it's a difficult situation, but Sam and Marlo both have said that it's going to take some time to figure it out. It's not like Marlo is looking to get back with Sam, anyway. And now they have a dog! Relax! I know she does have a say, but it should not be as big of a say as Sam and Marlo. They are the parents; Sam is still consulting Andy on things, but ultimately it's their decision, not Andy's.

I guess we're just going to alternate with Andy and Chloe getting into trouble around the season finales, right? 

Now, I kind of expect someone to get kidnapped after the wedding as a possible cliffhanger. I know this show isn't known for cliffhangers, but I can still see it. Although I guess it would mostly just be the whole 'transferring' storylines. Watch someone actually move to Vancouver. 

Oh, wait, Nick's leaving? No! Don't go Nick! 

I feel so bad for Gail; she really wants Sophie and now it looks like she is letting the other family take her. No Gail! You'll find a baby to adopt someday!! 

So, let's see: the woman with mental health problems, who probably deals with postnatal hormonal imbalance and sleep deprivation on top of those comes off as the only sensible person in the baby triangle of doom? She's the one person entitled to freak out yet she calmly assessed the situation and thought of a solution. Sam was just improvising along probably hoping the baby would develop a regular sleep pattern before the puppy arrives and Andy did nothing except complaining that Marlo had not really organized her post-baby life to perfection so that it would not inconvenience the McSwarek household too much. And instead of coming up with a plan to help Marlo (how about hiring a baby-sitter) they start a massive argument? I'm feeling bad for the puppy.

And Nick can just waltz off to Vancouver because Oliver pulled a 'Love Actually' speech on him?

The only plot that was working dramatically was Gail's. And it was one of the few times this season they made really good use of Diaz. What a lovely Dad Peck sen. is!  And Steve got a moment of redemption for not putting his sister into the horrible situation of committing perjury or sending her brother to jail. The scene in the bar broke my heart. Frosty deserves some happiness!

• Love 3

Andy is one of the most selfish characters I've ever seen on television. Her entitlement blows my mind every single episode, just when I think she can't get worse, she blames a mother of a newborn for disrupting her time. She blames Sam for being a father and helping the poor woman with his own child, just bc she couldn't get me time. It's not like they don't work together or anything and see each other every day...

And on the other end, we have Gail admitting that another home may be the best for a child and letting it go (at least I hope bc a family makes more sense than anything and if she somehow ends up with her well...)

Nick can go to Vancouver if it means he gets out of this shit hole.

You know what will solve Sam and Andy's massive mountain of problems that have existed from the beginning of time? A puppy along with the new baby, and speeding up the wedding. Because nothing solves communication problems and nothing in common than forcing a wedding to happen sooner than it should. They really should try couples therapy first.

• Love 6

We finally see what kind of a father -- and man -- Peck Pater is, and I immediately thought, well, no wonder Other Peck turned out like that!

You know what will solve Sam and Andy's massive mountain of problems that have existed from the beginning of time? A puppy along with the new baby, and speeding up the wedding. Because nothing solves communication problems and nothing in common than forcing a wedding to happen sooner than it should. They really should try couples therapy first.

They need to try couples therapy quickly, and A LOT of it.

No name yet. And she seems to be taking after Marlo in skin tone.

Gail being sad just broke my heart.

I don't get why Chloe hasn't had her tie cut yet. She can't still be considered a rookie anymore, can she?

I know I am late to the party here, but I just really needed to vent about this episode.  I decided I am ok with this series ending just so I don't have to watch Andy McNally ever again.   Can we have a spinoff in Vancouver with Nick and Juliette?  Gail, Dov, Chloe and Chris can join them.  I find NOTHING redeeming in Andy at all.  She is just so.....whiny and dramatic.  She flips out over Marlo falling asleep ONE time??  Very mature.  I guess she would rather her future husband be a dead beat dad and completely shirk his responsibilities, as long as Andy still gets to be the center of attention.   And how passive aggressive is threatening to run away again?  She is infuriating and I honestly cannot comprehend how she is the lead of this show.

Gail broke my heart.  I love that Chris was there for her.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 1

I can't figure out what is going on. This ep is titled and dated 07/22 but here in Georgia the most current episode is called best man and it aired 07/01. Is my satellite behind in airing abc shows? Even though it aired 07/01 it just recorded 2 days ago I feel like I am losing my mind

I couldn't believe Andy was not thinking the obvious solution would be to bond with the kid herself, and stop seeing her as competition. She's jealous of an infant!! It's so juvenile, I couldn't believe anyone wrote it. I feel sorry for that kid, who will be growing up with a step-mother who resents her, instead of one who will see her as another member of the family. It's even worse because Andy wants kids; she's not struggling with having to be a mom when that was not something she wanted. She's struggling with not being the center of attention 100% of the time.

Now we understand why Gail is such a cold person. With a family like hers, she probably needed that hard shell. It's been enjoyable watching her soften a bit. She's basically my favorite part of the show now.

I have not forgiven Tracy for not reporting that witness tagging Steve. She basically participated in the cover up, and left Gail out to dry.

Duncan's neediness is sad but also creepy. His grabbing Chloe and Nick was really too much for me. I get that he, like Gail, comes from shit origins. But it's painful to watch in a way Gail isn't.

I really like Marlo. I like that Dov enjoyed working with her, and was very reasonably trying to speak with Andy like an adult, not realizing she was actually in a diva snit over the situation.

Oliver seems crushed by life. Why isn't Celery cheering him up? Are they still together?

I knew the promoter was responsible for the drug situation the second he showed up on camera. I don't even know why, I just knew it.

• Love 2

Shut the fuck up Andy. She's whining about me time when there is an infant who is relying on both her parents. Maybe get your head out of your ass and be a helpful stepmother. If this show renews can she go away?

I love Marlo for dealing with that selfish asshat.

How did Chloe and Dov become my favorite couple? And Gail one of my favorite characters? So much character development with her- too bad Andy got none of that.

Run Nick, run!

• Love 1

I really felt for Gail when she tried to do the right thing for Sophie. Charlotte Sullivan sold Gail's anguish really well.

OMGoodness yes! I cried at the barroom scene! I kept waiting for the social worker to say - you're putting Sophie first - now you ARE a mother... BOO!

I really, really hate the Andy/Sam drama. I like them happy, but I hate when they have drama. First off, Sam. She's not the only one known for running away. You've done it many times with her as well, so don't act like you're the victim. Seriously dude, you judge her so many times and you act like you're so much better. Sure, I like you better this season but that's only because Andy's been annoying and you haven't gotten much of a voice with the whole baby storyline. So, sit down and shut up.

Now, Andy: running away is not the answer. It's ridiculous that she thinks that running away is going to be good for them. It's a baby! I know it's a difficult situation, but Sam and Marlo both have said that it's going to take some time to figure it out. It's not like Marlo is looking to get back with Sam, anyway. And now they have a dog! Relax! I know she does have a say, but it should not be as big of a say as Sam and Marlo. They are the parents; Sam is still consulting Andy on things, but ultimately it's their decision, not Andy's.

GRRRRRRRR = YESSSS!!!! SO. SELFISH. I wanted to throw something at the TV.

Andy is one of the most selfish characters I've ever seen on television. Her entitlement blows my mind every single episode, just when I think she can't get worse, she blames a mother of a newborn for disrupting her time. She blames Sam for being a father and helping the poor woman with his own child, just bc she couldn't get me time. It's not like they don't work together or anything and see each other every day...

And on the other end, we have Gail admitting that another home may be the best for a child and letting it go (at least I hope bc a family makes more sense than anything and if she somehow ends up with her well...)

In case I wasn't clear above - SO. SELFISH. 

How did Chloe and Dov become my favorite couple? And Gail one of my favorite characters? So much character development with her- too bad Andy got none of that.

Right?? I hated Chloe when she first came on, and now I look forward to her scenes. I realize the concert guy wasn't necessarily a hulking felon, but I love that She hung up, confronted him and arrested him without breaking a sweat.

Same with Gail - I was so tired of her meangirl attitude in the first season. Now she's breaking my heart. What about Sophie - doesn't she know that Gail is trying to adopt? Will she heartbroken???

• Love 1