Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

Interesting! They're going back to featuring patrol as well as Intel? I approve, although I expect her to be moved upstairs within a couple of episodes. I still miss the patrol aspect of the show.

• Like 2

‘Chicago P.D.’ Adds Shawn Hatosy — Scoop on His Character & Relationship With Voight

Hatosy has been cast in a recurring role in Chicago P.D. Season 12, beginning with the September 25 premiere. He’ll be playing Deputy Chief Charlie Reid—and this should be particularly interesting for Sergeant Hank Voight (Jason Beghe). His “exciting” character leads to a “new dynamic for the unit,” executive producer Gwen Sigan tells TV Insider. “I think he sees a lot of himself in Voight and identifies quite a bit with Voight and Voight’s philosophy as a police officer, and they have a really interesting relationship that will evolve as the season goes on.”

spacer.png

• Useful 1

Fall TV Preview 2024: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 25+ Returning Favorites!

spacer.png

After Upton’s departure, Intelligence will bring patrol officer Kiana Cook (played by Warrior Nun’s Toya Turner) into the fold in Season 12. Of the newcomer, showrunner Gwen Sigan says we’ll meet her on an active case. “She has been through a lot within the police department and is looking for a place where she fits in… She’s going to find a family within the 21st,” the EP teases. We’ll also see Burgess and Ruzek’s bond “grow even closer” following their engagement last season, while Voight will contemplate his mortality after surviving that brutal basement torture. The harrowing experience forces him to “be a little bit introspective,” per Sigan, and realize he doesn’t have much time. Additionally, viewers can expect “a fast-paced Ruzek episode that is just an action ride,” as well as an impactful Torres installment which showcases him in a way we haven’t seen before.

BONUS SPOILER!: Atwater is getting a love interest! We hear that it’s someone who can “see him” and quickly understands who he is. “There’s a nice relationship that forms because of that,” Sigan notes. “There’s this more accepting openness to it.”

RETURN DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 25, at 10/9c (NBC) 

• Like 1