Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

On 12/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, SnarkySheep said:

The trouble, IMO, is the word "assault" means so many different things these days. Bush could be referring to physical or sexual assault, or emotional harassment. Unless she gets more specific, there's really no way to know what to think, as we really have no idea what she's talking about.

Obviously none of us know Bush personally, just what we can glean from her interviews and social media. But my take is that she's very forceful with her opinions (that's actually why I stopped reading her Twitter, as it became 100% about politics and she literally did not want to hear a single word from anyone that dared go against her existing beliefs), Jason Beghe also seems to be a very strong persona. So this whole thing, if it even actually IS about him, might simply be about two strong, clashing personalities who did not get along, and things escalated (but we don't really know how).

Anyways, I realize I may be totally off, and of course I know it's not really my business anyways. But that's my personal theory.

Totally agree. Bush and her politics just makes me think of other people who behave like her these days and it makes me doubt what she has to say about how horrible she had it on PD. She does enjoy wallowing in it though and preening about her titanium spine or whatever other GirlSuperPowers she endowed herself with. As long as she hints and equivocates and kinda sorta suggests what horrors she endured, I’d just as soon not hear from her. Too bad, I liked her work as an actor, but like many she appears to be insufferable as a person.

This whole drama sounds remarkably like the Paullie Pierette (sp, Abbey) routine leaving NCIS. Oh I don’t wanna go, but it’s sooooo awful... but I can’t talk about it... but I’ll hint about it... I’m sooooo brave and mistreated ya know.

Geez, ladies, if ya got something to say then friggin’ say it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Guildford said:

https://tvline.com/2019/06/16/law-order-svu-fbi-crossover-one-chicago-franchise-cbs-nbc/

Hopefully this never gets passed the 'early stages of plotting' 🙄

SVU makes sense given that both are set in NY and the FBI probably does work with other law enforcement agencies in the same city every now and then. But why would the NY FBI field office contact Chicago PD instead of the Chicago FBI field office? Sounds like a stretch and since I doubt that they will invent Chicago FBI characters who then enlist the help of Chicago PD, I think they should go with SVU.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

SVU makes sense given that both are set in NY and the FBI probably does work with other law enforcement agencies in the same city every now and then. But why would the NY FBI field office contact Chicago PD instead of the Chicago FBI field office? Sounds like a stretch and since I doubt that they will invent Chicago FBI characters who then enlist the help of Chicago PD, I think they should go with SVU.

They can't even do a halfway competent job of aligning the three chicago shows, I cringe to think how absurd this would be.

I loved the first crossover they did, with Greg Yates but even the second Yates crossover was over done. Since then they have all been rather clunky. I think all the chicago shows need to get their own ducks in the same pond before something like this should even be contemplated.

If it was just SVU and FBI set in NYC it would have some potential. Not sure the SVU fans will be keen to be caught up in Rick Eid's universe again since he is the showrunner on FBI as well as PD.(unfortunately)

5 hours ago, Guildford said:

I loved the first crossover they did, with Greg Yates but even the second Yates crossover was over done. Since then they have all been rather clunky. I think all the chicago shows need to get their own ducks in the same pond before something like this should even be contemplated.

Totally agreed...remember the whole insane storyline of how they were basically going to convict Will Halstead of all the murders on no more evidence than his being a similar height to Yates, having medical knowledge and having been acquainted professionally with a few of the victims? Thank goodness he had Jay around to keep it from happening! /sarcasm

10 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Totally agreed...remember the whole insane storyline of how they were basically going to convict Will Halstead of all the murders on no more evidence than his being a similar height to Yates, having medical knowledge and having been acquainted professionally with a few of the victims? Thank goodness he had Jay around to keep it from happening! /sarcasm

Surprised they didn't kill Will (opportunity missed there) because since then the crossovers are purely an instrument to kill someone related to a #onechicago family member.

1 minute ago, Guildford said:

Surprised they didn't kill Will (opportunity missed there) because since then the crossovers are purely an instrument to kill someone related to a #onechicago family member.

Had Will not been the star of his own show but only a guest star on PD, he totally would've been.

To date, PD has killed off Voight's son, Olinsky's daughter (not to mention Olinsky himself), Platt's father, Nadia, Jin (that computer guy from Season 1)...

11 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Had Will not been the star of his own show but only a guest star on PD, he totally would've been.

To date, PD has killed off Voight's son, Olinsky's daughter (not to mention Olinsky himself), Platt's father, Nadia, Jin (that computer guy from Season 1)...

Ha....I guess Kim's sister should be lucky she was only drugged and raped.

I believe Bush more than that chick who played Abby

1.Bush, had creative differences. She wanted a Diane Russell character with Ziva David mentality. That meant unlike Diane's thirst for improvement, it would be doom and gloom 22 episodes a year, which would not necessarily be against this shows mantra.... there needed to be major changes with the cast and more importantly, pushing into Beghe's exposure

2. I don't see Wolf or Beghe being on board. Not only would they have to think how to keep the Lindsay character fresh, it would have been gone against Wolf's mantra in terms of casting power. I think Beghe knew what he was doing and did it in escalating fashion with NBC and Wolf's blessing. Both of Bush and Beghe are narcissists with huge egos. One simply was going and it wasn't Hank Voight

CHICAGO P.D.

When Season 7 opens, Antonio (exiting series regular Jon Seda) is missing, and the Intelligence unit “will ultimately figure out what’s going on with him,” showrunner Rick Eid previews. On top of that, the team must uncover who killed newly elected mayor Brian Kelton. Even though he’s part of said investigation, “the prime contender is Hank Voight,” which leaves Halstead “wondering, ‘Could the guy next to me have really done this?'” Eid says. Meanwhile, Ruzek is “trying to put on a brave face,” but his night in jail is “making him realize he’s not great in small, confined spaces.” Elsewhere, “some pretty major personal things” are in store for Burgess, and Upton bonds with undercover cop Vanessa Rojas (The Fosters‘ Lisseth Chavez).

BONUS SPOILER!: “There’s potentially another interesting intra-team romance” happening in Season 7, Eid reveals, before adding that he’s “not sure if it will be fully realized or not. But it’s something we’re talking about and writing toward.”

RETURN DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10/9c (NBC)

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2019-season-premiere-spoilers/chicago-pd-fall-tv-preview-2019/

I’ll be honest if they weren’t All About Upstead I had thought that they might possibly be referring to Upton and the new girl as the new romance. Had Bush not exited when they added Upton I always thought they could have gone that direction with her.

3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

CHICAGO P.D.

When Season 7 opens, Antonio (exiting series regular Jon Seda) is missing, and the Intelligence unit “will ultimately figure out what’s going on with him,” showrunner Rick Eid previews. On top of that, the team must uncover who killed newly elected mayor Brian Kelton. Even though he’s part of said investigation, “the prime contender is Hank Voight,” which leaves Halstead “wondering, ‘Could the guy next to me have really done this?'” Eid says. Meanwhile, Ruzek is “trying to put on a brave face,” but his night in jail is “making him realize he’s not great in small, confined spaces.” Elsewhere, “some pretty major personal things” are in store for Burgess, and Upton bonds with undercover cop Vanessa Rojas (The Fosters‘ Lisseth Chavez).

BONUS SPOILER!: “There’s potentially another interesting intra-team romance” happening in Season 7, Eid reveals, before adding that he’s “not sure if it will be fully realized or not. But it’s something we’re talking about and writing toward.”

RETURN DATE: Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 10/9c (NBC)

https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2019-season-premiere-spoilers/chicago-pd-fall-tv-preview-2019/

I’ll be honest if they weren’t All About Upstead I had thought that they might possibly be referring to Upton and the new girl as the new romance. Had Bush not exited when they added Upton I always thought they could have gone that direction with her.

Did Eid actually watch previous seasons? We already know Ruzek doesn't like confined spaces thanks to 'Prison Ball'. (Still one of the best episodes they've done.)

If Halstead doesn't know that Voight may have really done this or is capable of it then he really is as dumb as a box of hair. It's not like Voight doesn't have form.

Gee...what a surprise, the new chick is friendly with Upton, heaven forbid someone else, like maybe Burgess gets to be front and centre.

Hopefully its Atwater & the new chick with some romance, he deserves more than half an episode of sexy time.

I wonder which family member of Burgess they'll kill this season? That's the only personal storylines she seems to be dragged out of the glare of Upton's halo for.

On another note I saw the show is nominated for a People’s Choice Award. Now I know why’re not the most prestigious awards but it’s the viewers voting so it kind of amazed me that they got through this year when they’ve never managed it in earlier series when the show was actually good.

• Love 1
On 1/11/2020 at 4:25 PM, Chas411 said:

I know Sophia isn’t relevant in these forums anymore BUT I’m just posting this here as I’m surprised she’s gone back to NBC. I didn’t think she’d work on the network again given how it ended on PD but then again just a small guess starring role. 

Honestly? I don't think her career has been going as well as she imagined it would after leaving PD. She is probably taking whatever she can get.

• Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 12:16 AM, Chas411 said:

Yeah I do agree. I get being scared etc but if you’re not afraid to drop hints all over the place then just say what happened. 

You say that like it’s so easy. Just look what happened to Eliza Dushku for speaking up. 

• Love 2

https://tvline.com/2020/01/14/chicago-pd-season-7-spoilers-ruzek-burgess-pregnancy-patrick-john-flueger/

I For one would have rathered the baby be Charles M. Davis' character instead of Ruzek... Still could have had him be overly worried because he cares about her.. Plus it woulda given Burgess a new perspective not just as a parent.. But the white parent of a bi-racial black child... In a Chicago with some racial issues... My dad even tho he grew up as one of the only white kids in his friend group, certain things really hit him differently after I was born.... Plus its one less relationship.. And one less glaring sign that somehow Atwater still hasn't hooked up with anyone.. But all the white castmates of similar age have been playing musical bedrooms.... But no instead we get.. Whatever basic storyline this will turn into

• Love 1
2 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

https://tvline.com/2020/01/14/chicago-pd-season-7-spoilers-ruzek-burgess-pregnancy-patrick-john-flueger/

I For one would have rathered the baby be Charles M. Davis' character instead of Ruzek... Still could have had him be overly worried because he cares about her.. Plus it woulda given Burgess a new perspective not just as a parent.. But the white parent of a bi-racial black child... In a Chicago with some racial issues... My dad even tho he grew up as one of the only white kids in his friend group, certain things really hit him differently after I was born.... Plus its one less relationship.. And one less glaring sign that somehow Atwater still hasn't hooked up with anyone.. But all the white castmates of similar age have been playing musical bedrooms.... But no instead we get.. Whatever basic storyline this will turn into

They could have had Atwater & Upton hook up instead of that crap last year but then again they needed it to be someone that Upton could treat like shit to show how much she is in love with the other white dude so Atwater misses out again because he's the nice guy & we couldn't have Upton ragging on him for breathing.

Edited by Guildford
1 hour ago, Guildford said:

They could have had Atwater & Upton hook up instead of that crap last year but then again they needed it to be someone that Upton could treat like shit to show how much she is in love with the other white dude so Atwater misses out again because he's the nice guy & we couldn't have Upton ragging on him for breathing.

Yeah the whole Atwater barely speaks to the white girl not named burgess thing is getting old.. To the point that I'm assuming they know its happening and are just trolling us... I barely remember any meaningful convos he had with Sophia bush's character save that time he was trying to do stand-up... And when Upton came on the show it was like 6 or more episodes before they even shared a scene and spoke

• Love 1
8 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

Yeah the whole Atwater barely speaks to the white girl not named burgess thing is getting old.. To the point that I'm assuming they know its happening and are just trolling us... I barely remember any meaningful convos he had with Sophia bush's character save that time he was trying to do stand-up... And when Upton came on the show it was like 6 or more episodes before they even shared a scene and spoke

Every single storyline on this show is getting old tbh. Not sure how long it's got left in it if Eid keeps on this path.

17 minutes ago, Guildford said:

Every single storyline on this show is getting old tbh. Not sure how long it's got left in it if Eid keeps on this path.

I'm not sure it's just Eid. I don't watch regularly but from what I'm reading and have seen, Chicago Fire also does stories over and over again. Either it's the nature of the show or Dick Wolf or the showrunners aren't the most creative for either or all of the above.

TV Line listed the best and worst rated shows so far for each network before the holidays and Chicago PD is NBC's number 2 scripted show, doing slightly better than Fire in demo and is broadcast's number 4 rated drama. I was surprised myself but I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:00 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

Jason Beghe gives a PSA for All In Illinois. I did not know that's how his last name is pronounced. 

That little smirk he gave at the end when he said "we're all a family" said exactly what he really thought of that!

7 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I'm torn....I hope it is X but that character is Eid's love child so that won't happen....on the other hand I hope it's my Fave so I can finally give up on this train wreck. I seem incapable of doing it on my own.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Guildford said:

I'm torn....I hope it is X but that character is Eid's love child so that won't happen....on the other hand I hope it's my Fave so I can finally give up on this train wreck. I seem incapable of doing it on my own.

It's not going to be X I don't think, no matter how much we want it.  Who is your favorite?  

17 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

It's not going to be X I don't think, no matter how much we want it.  Who is your favorite?  

Ruzek, although he has pushed his luck many times. Season 6 was a particularly bad year for him. 

6 hours ago, Guildford said:

Ruzek, although he has pushed his luck many times. Season 6 was a particularly bad year for him. 

I would be sad if it was him too.  I go through stages of liking/not liking him but he grew on me the past season.

Bye Felicia.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/lisseth-chavez-exits-chicago-p-d-joins-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-series-regular-season-6-1234575425/

Chicago P.D.’s Lisseth Chavez is set as a new series regular in the upcoming sixth season of season 6 of the CW’s DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. The Warner Bros. TV-produced superhero drama moved in to cast Chavez shortly after she became available following a season-long stint as a series regular on NBC’s Chicago P.D

5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Bye Felicia.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/lisseth-chavez-exits-chicago-p-d-joins-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-series-regular-season-6-1234575425/

Chicago P.D.’s Lisseth Chavez is set as a new series regular in the upcoming sixth season of season 6 of the CW’s DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. The Warner Bros. TV-produced superhero drama moved in to cast Chavez shortly after she became available following a season-long stint as a series regular on NBC’s Chicago P.D

Good Luck to the actress

....but I am not sad to see her character go, actually I don't really care. She never really made an impact.

4 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Is there any news about episode counts for the One Chicago franchise this season? Or about scheduling through the holidays, since it will be premiering mid-November, at about the time series usually go into their hiatus.

Only 15 episodes each this season. I think Med returned to shooting today & PD & Fire are early October.

• Useful 1
On 9/13/2020 at 4:54 AM, Avabelle said:

She hogged a lot of screen time so maybe it’ll go to characters we like now.. if there are any even left. 

She did? I see Upton with her Permasmirk, I'm Untouchable and my shit don't stink demeanor eating up undeserved screen time 

• Love 1