Type keyword(s) to search

Anthony Bourdain & Parts Unknown in the Media

55 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

He made several off hand comments about it i. Describing his friendship and made a joke about it on one of the eps that Nugent was on.

The leaked texts also indicate that he wasn’t hoodwinked by Asia about the situation and viewed it as if she didn’t do anything wrong.

What leaked texts are you referring to?  I took it that he didn't believe the allegations, that's why he didn't think she did anything wrong, but if there are texts showing otherwise I'd like to see them.

• Love 1

I'm really torn on this and I'm not sure if Anthony really thought that Asia was not in the wrong.  Based on what I've read and seen, I think it's likely that he knew she did wrong, but, believed that she did not realize that she did wrong. That's why he supported the settlement. Then, later, something happened. I'm not sure what, but, for some reason, Anthony was disillusioned. I'm now rethinking my hole idea about his suicide. It was still his choice, of course, but, I just feel differently about it now.  We may never know, but, I think it's more complicated than what was put out initially.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm really torn on this and I'm not sure if Anthony really thought that Asia was not in the wrong.  Based on what I've read and seen, I think it's likely that he knew she did wrong, but, believed that she did not realize that she did wrong. That's why he supported the settlement. Then, later, something happened. I'm not sure what, but, for some reason, Anthony was disillusioned. I'm now rethinking my hole idea about his suicide. It was still his choice, of course, but, I just feel differently about it now.  We may never know, but, I think it's more complicated than what was put out initially.  

I agree.  I could even believe he may have bought a story from her where she admitted doing it but said that at the time she didn't know what she was doing and has realized since then that it was wrong and now regrets it, etc.  Perhaps later on Tony realized she lied to him or was otherwise misrepresenting herself, hence his disillusionment and even feeling she betrayed him.  Especially after forking over all that money on her behalf.....

BTW, I have been feeling "differently" about his suicide since day one.....Agree that we may never know.  Several friends all say independently that they believe more will come out in time.  This is part of that.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 1

Anthony Bourdain Wins Two Posthumous Emmys for "Parts Unknown"

The late personality won for Outstanding Writing for a Nonfiction Program and Outstanding Informational Series or Special, marking his first wins since 2016, when the CNN series won in the Informational Series category.

In total, Parts Unknown took home four Emmys, including Outstanding Picture Editing for a Nonfiction Program and Outstanding Sound Editing for a Nonfiction Program (Single or Multi-Camera), which were handed out during the 2018 Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Sunday. Meanwhile, Anthony Bourdain: Explore Parts Unknown also won for Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction or Reality Series.

• Love 3

A complete list of the awards that Parts Unknown won last weekend (they actually won six, not four as stated in the article above):

• Outstanding Picture Editing For A Nonfiction Program - "Lagos," Hunter Gross, ACE, Editor
  • Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction Or Reality Series
  • Outstanding Informational Series Or Special
  • Outstanding Sound Editing For A Nonfiction Program (Single or Multi-Camera)
  • Outstanding Sound Mixing For A Nonfiction Program (Single or Multi-Camera)
  • Outstanding Writing For A Nonfiction Program - "Southern Italy," Anthony Bourdain

The only award the show was nominated for but didn't win was Outstanding Cinematography For A Nonfiction Program (for the Lagos episode).

• Love 6

For anyone that's interested, Neil DeGrasse Tyson's show, "Star Talk" will feature an interview with Tony Bourdain.  The episode will air on NatGeo at 11:00 p.m. this coming Monday, November 12th.

• Love 1