Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Don't Be All, Like, Uncool

• Start Topic

Dorinda never said Heather was not a good example for her daughter. Never.

LuAnn started with Ella and Dorinda joined in, even when LuAnn backed off, Dorinda kept mentioning that Heather was not setting a good example for her daughter.

I've watched this episode 2 times but both times I had to FFWD through that table scene.  I'm so second hand embarrassed for Dorinda that I just can't watch.  But I'm laid up today so maybe I'll try again and come back to report my findings. ;-)

• Love 1

Hey hey hey ixnay on the Jillzy-nay talk. I'm worried that it may be too late. I think her name has already been uttered three times. Runnnnn

Seriously though, I could handle the occasional cameo of her snark worthy assy self, but if she came back as a regular I would be out. If you're not sure about your feelings about Jillzilla, just re watch the season when they went to Morrocco.

Jill Zaron as Beetlejuice? SOL ROFS

I do see the resemblence

Jill-Zarin-New-York-Fashion-Week-2011.jp

• Love 3

I've watched this episode 2 times but both times I had to FFWD through that table scene.  I'm so second hand embarrassed for Dorinda that I just can't watch.  But I'm laid up today so maybe I'll try again and come back to report my findings. ;-)

Dang.  That was uncomfortable.  I do not like loud, mean people. (Heather)  But I really do not like loud, mean drunks. (Dorinda) 

I did not hear Dorinda say that Heather was setting a bad example.  She did say, "My mother would be disgusted with me if I cursed in her presence." 

It would be a stretch to say Dorinda was saying Heather is setting a bad example by saying that, but I guess I could see how it could be considered so, in the context of the convo.

• Love 1

Dang.  That was uncomfortable.  I do not like loud, mean people. (Heather)  But I really do not like loud, mean drunks. (Dorinda) 

I did not hear Dorinda say that Heather was setting a bad example.  She did say, "My mother would be disgusted with me if I cursed in her presence." 

It would be a stretch to say Dorinda was saying Heather is setting a bad example by saying that, but I guess I could see how it could be considered so, in the context of the convo.

LuAnn started out the conversation by saying that using the F word is not setting a good example as a parent, Dorinda repeated that especially after LuAnn backed off when Heather told them both to stop. Now, Heather says the F word, so what do you think the implication was? Really was? If someone tells you that you do something that they consider setting a bad example for a minor child, proceed to lecture/preach to you about the fact that you do what ever it is and how they would not want their own children to do that , do you really think they were complimenting Heather? Really?

• Love 4

Unless Dorinda's mother really would be horrified if she cursed in her presence, then it's about Dorinda. Dorinda didn't get personal with Heather, Heather got personal with Dorinda.

• Love 1

She is pretty much a drooling loon but she didn't say anything about Heather's  mom or daughter.  However, she did seem to find it necessary to join Luann and discuss the places the F bomb can't be used. I love the term overserved it is such a great way to deflect responsibility.

Hey hey hey ixnay on the Jillzy-nay talk. I'm worried that it may be too late. I think her name has already been uttered three times. Runnnnn

Oh, great.  Now I'm walking around for the rest of the day going Beteljillz, Beteljillz, Beteljillz in my head.  I didn't say that out loud, did I???

• Love 2

I just want to clarify that while some of the housewives behavior can some at times make me WTF and believe they were acting shady; at no point do I hate any of them. I am not emotionally invested in them to that point. I have never met them in real life. I just can't get too worked up about it.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'd rather be shown on tv like Bethany or Heather and never as a screaming, slurring drunk. Nasty drunks trip my wires and make me so uncomfortable I run. I can reason with a mean person, there is just no reasoning with a drunk.

And is this an example of SIWOTI? Can we all agree we will never, ever, ever agree? (Sorry Taylor).

And ETA  if I now dream of Jillzy in clown make up and wake up screaming, I'm coming for you guys.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 2

Y'all, my toilet not only overflowed but shot up a geyser of water when I tried to fix it.  I could have drowned or slipped on the water and broke my neck.  Unfortunately, I didn't handle it the right way.  Instead of crying and yelling at the maintenance guy on the phone, I spoke to him like an adult and he fixed the problem.  Damn, I wish I was more like Heather.

• Love 1
(edited)

Y'all, my toilet not only overflowed but shot up a geyser of water when I tried to fix it.  I could have drowned or slipped on the water and broke my neck.  Unfortunately, I didn't handle it the right way.  Instead of crying and yelling at the maintenance guy on the phone, I spoke to him like an adult and he fixed the problem.  Damn, I wish I was more like Heather.

Hey, wait a minute! The shower/tub in her AC hotel room was broken and spraying water everywhere and Heather did not get upset either! LOL No screaming, no yelling, in fact, she laughed! So, maybe you 2 are more alike than you think! LOL (jk)

Edited by WireWrap

I hope you watched him like a hawk when he was in your home, I mean, he could have been looking at you and "spanking his monkey".

Hide yo'kids, hide yo'jewelry, hide yo'monkey.

• Love 2

Great, cuz clearly that is exactly the same thing.

Listen, I think it's great if there are folks that never reacted to something because of "what ifs". If people are able to evaluate a situation after the fact and say, "well everything turned out just fine, so need to worry over what could have been in every situation, they are made of some strong stuff. I've just never, ever in my life met a person like that. If my kids missed curfew (they are good, so this happened rarely, but still), I worried and lectured even after they were home and safe. Even after I was looking into the white of their eyes and knew that zero harm had come to them. I was still reminding them of the things that can happen to people in the deep dark night. You know what would really piss me off? If they would dare say "what's the big deal, mom? I'm fine". Made me see red and want to shake them. Shake them for being so dense as to not realize what could have happened. If others have never done this, I guess good for them. I once cried two hours after a car almost crashed into me on the highway. Was still shaking hours later because of what I imagined could have happened to me and my family. I was so mad at the other driver I would have absolutely told him off. Don't other folks get mad after the fact at careless actions that could have made events turn out differently?

• Love 12

Jill Zaron as Beetlejuice? SOL ROFS

I do see the resemblance

Jill-Zarin-New-York-Fashion-Week-2011.jp

That thing on Jill's head -- has anyone seen that damn yappy dog, recently?

• Love 4
(edited)

I hope you watched him like a hawk when he was in your home, I mean, he could have been looking at you and "spanking his monkey".

Hide yo'kids, hide yo'jewelry, hide yo'monkey.

OMG!  I choked on my drink.  Although, not only did he look at me, he spoke!!!

Listen, I think it's great if there are folks that never reacted to something because of "what ifs".

I said I reacted.  I called the maintenance guy and, what for it, spoke to him calmly.  Dun, dun, dun.

Edited by Freckledbruh

Listen, I think it's great if there are folks that never reacted to something because of "what ifs". If people are able to evaluate a situation after the fact and say, "well everything turned out just fine, so need to worry over what could have been in every situation, they are made of some strong stuff. I've just never, ever in my life met a person like that. If my kids missed curfew (they are good, so this happened rarely, but still), I worried and lectured even after they were home and safe. Even after I was looking into the white of their eyes and knew that zero harm had come to them. I was still reminding them of the things that can happen to people in the deep dark night. You know what would really piss me off? If they would dare say "what's the big deal, mom? I'm fine". Made me see red and want to shake them. Shake them for being so dense as to not realize what could have happened. If others have never done this, I guess good for them. I once cried two hours after a car almost crashed into me on the highway. Was still shaking hours later because of what I imagined could have happened to me and my family. I was so mad at the other driver I would have absolutely told him off. Don't other folks get mad after the fact at careless actions that could have made events turn out differently?

You are not alone, I have done this with my kids many, many times. I have also over-reacted to things, blown things out of proportion, and possibly been a complete bitch at times. I think we all have our moments. 

• Love 4
(edited)

MCM, I absolutely understand and agree with the scenarios you are posting. I'm a worrier by nature.  My issue with Heather is how delayed her reaction was. But to be honest, today I watched that whole episode for the third time and I don't even have an issue anymore.  It's just funny now.  Maybe that's what she was shooting for when reenacting her reaction.  Whatever it was - authentic or well played - she's responsible for over 20 pages of snark about it.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

In general, no.....and this was not a close call (like almost getting hit on the highway). Going by your example, if you are going to freak out over "what ifs" there is nothing different in terms of risk in the hour before curfew and the hour after. My kids would be in trouble because they didn't follow the rules, not the "what ifs" of what might happen to them at 12:30 am vs 11:45 pm.

• Love 1

Yes, motorcitymom65, quite a few probably do, but the Heather Hate is causing some incompatible comparisons.

Really?  My situation actually happened (geyser shot up and and knocked me back).  Dude didn't even see Heather naked.  In fact, she saw HIM naked.  Too bad he didn't cry.

PS:  I don't hate Heather.  I don't even dislike her.  Carol on the other hand...

• Love 1

When I was 13, my sister and I went for a drive. Neither one of us was wearing a seatbelt. We got hit, slammed really, at a red light. Totalled the El Camino. I called my mom to tell her what happened and asked her to bring me a hairbrush. She came but with no brush. I was a nasty, bratty, teen to her. She never spoke a word.

Fast forward, to my own children, in a truck in a wreck at a red light. I damn near died pulling up behind the trooper's car. I knew everyone was ok but fuck. That was hard.

I called my mom when I got home and apologized for being such a little jerk to her, that day years ago. Then I had to figure out just how hard to squeeze my kids without popping their heads off.

You are not alone, motorcitymom.

• Love 11

Yes, it is. You quoted my response to motorcitymom65. I am baffled by your comments

Oh, my bad, I thought you were referring to one of my comparisons which was almost dying from a plumbing tragedy.  Sorry for the confusion.

(edited)

I am so over the Luann vs Heather arguement.

1. It is skunky behavior to sleep with married men and pick up men to sleep with whenever the mood strikes. I'd think this of anyone , male or female at any age. If Carole and Heather said or insinuated that the behavior is less than desireable then hey! They are totally right. I'm stomped that it is even a question mark. Luann's indiscretion is rotten.

2. You don't allow strange men to spend the night without alerting your housemates. Period. Everything else is semantics. A heads up is just common curtesy. But we are discussing someone/s who does the above. Decency is not Ramona or Luann's top priority.

I didn't understand Bethenny's outrage at Kristen. Basically all Kristen said to the reporter was that Beth was not as much of a humongous bitch as most people believe she is.

Kristen is easy pickings. She's backed off Heather but after a brief reprieve Kristen is still fair game. Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 9
(edited)

Excuse me, are you being facetious? I am still confused about what calling your plumber has to do with you quoting my comment directed at motorcitymom65.

This question and comment is directed at Freckledbruh

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

It is skunky behavior to sleep with married men and pick up men to sleep with. I'd think this of anyone , male or female at any age. If Carole and Heather said or insinuated that the behavior is less than desireable; then hey!

But Carole has basically said that she does the same.  Am I supposed to believe that she had an open relationship with a rock musician who wanted to commit to her didn't go around picking up men?  She threw up in a dude's lap in a taxi after taking drugs for Jeebus' sake.  If you said just Heather, I could believe that since she is a little too controlling and uptight for casual sex, but Carole?  Really?  Nope.  Not believing that.

• Love 2
(edited)

No, of course Heather has to face what she did but there is editing to contend with as well . As MCM has pointed out, the editing has been really bad this season, re-watch the dinner at Dorinda's to really get how bad it was. Add to the mix that Bethenny had 3 - 4 TH more that anyone else, especially Heather and the show becomes slanted in order to give 1 HW an advantage over the others or in this case over just 1. I do believe it is possible that had Heather had the same amount of TH, some might think differently about her now. And, YES, I do think Bethenny laid down ground rules to return to the show that included a "good edit", a "sympathetic edit" and that her SG products are in most scenes and placed higher than anyone else's products. That's great for Bethenny to get these things but I don't think anyone would ever have the same chance at them given how tight/close Bethenny and Andy are in real life.

Think how we would all be reacting to this latest fight in T&C if the apology Ramona gave all of them, which was filmed, where she admits what she did was 1, her fault and 2 was wrong/dangerous/stupid was seen on the episode, if we were shown Heather apologize for going nuts and then apologizing and all of them making up before leaving the island and then we see LuAnn's idiocy in going after Heather at Kirsten's. BUT, of course, the PTB have made this "takedown Heather" season in order to build Bethenny up IMO. Bethenny will never stand for another strong, successful business woman/mother, and especially wife, on the show at the same time.

Thank you for putting my thoughts into words. I just read an article about Heather not returning, and this paragraph stood out to me:

“She did the show to promote her business and later to be with her best friend, Carole Radziwill, and didn’t expect it to end up with fighting with Bethenny and Sonja and the rest edited out. It is no longer a good fit with where she sees her life going so she is making the choice to walk away.”

Most of what she filmed was probably edited out---as was most of everyone's scenes unless it involved Bethenny. I will be sad if she and Carole don't return, and I would much rather have Kristen as a HW than Dorinda.

Y'all, my toilet not only overflowed but shot up a geyser of water when I tried to fix it. I could have drowned or slipped on the water and broke my neck. Unfortunately, I didn't handle it the right way. Instead of crying and yelling at the maintenance guy on the phone, I spoke to him like an adult and he fixed the problem. Damn, I wish I was more like Heather.

Yeah, 'cause the two situations are so alike. Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 9

Well then Carole is a hypocrite to judge Luann for doing the same.

Except that Carole said that she and Russ were in an open relationship, she never tried to hide that fact, as it was her that revealed that on camera. LuAnn on the other hand, never said she and Jacques were in an open relationship, in fact she was saying that "we are trying to get pregnant" BS and that they were a committed couple when she slept with the pirate.  

We never hear anything about who Carole sleeps with and she does not bring guys back to the HW vacation homes for ONS. She does not brag about her needs/desires when ever she sees a guy while out and about. Carole has never said anything about ONS at all, she and LuAnn are very different IMO.

• Love 5

Except that Carole said that she and Russ were in an open relationship, she never tried to hide that fact, as it was her that revealed that on camera.

You do realize that that post was in response to my post that responded to the poster saying that picking up guys made Luann a slut?  I pointed out that clearly Carole was (is?) doing the same so she conceded that Carole would then be a hypocrite.  Who cares if she keeps it off camera?  If you're a freak in the sheets, no shame in that game.  Just don't go trying to shame others.

• Love 1
(edited)

motorcitymom65, I apologize for the number of times that I had to utilize your moniker in my comments/questions.

No problem. I'll forgive you for anything except visiting my home and leaving your stray random guy in my suite. Or as we refer to it, upstairs.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
(edited)

Ok, the deletion of a post did allow for my comment to be placed below the photo

This comment is directed at rye bread not any other poster(s) or related posts

Edited by BookElitist

Excuse me, are you being facetious? I am still confused about what calling your plumber has to do with you quoting my comment directed at motorcitymom65.

This question and comment is directed at Freckledbruh

It is confusing, considering his situation is completely irrelevant to the topic here.

• Love 1

We have tried EVERYTHING with you guys. We've mod noted - to no avail. We've PMed, we've handed out warnings, we've left you to your own devices, we've tried. We're tired. Over the last 24 hours there have been 10 reports from you guys. This last episode has garnered 15 reports, and over 1,100 posts on the subject of whether or not Heather was out of line.

Guess what? We don't care. We've let you go around and around in circles, and now - we're shutting it down. We truly feel we have let you have your say. This discussion is over. See you on Tuesday night.

R1RdN2n.gif

• Love 24