Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Meet us at the Bluebird Cafe

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies
This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  • Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  • Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  • If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!
Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
  • Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea
Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Feel free to suggest an addition to the title ("The Bluebird," or a quote from the show, or whatever else); I can edit that in anytime.

Hi, I am Midru. I have been watching the show since the premiere, and expect to watch as long as it lasts. I have been a musician my whole life, though I don't make a living that way anymore, watching the machinations of songwriting, band dynamics, live performances and record labels is what drew me to the show. And the fantastic music keeps me hooked, even when the show gets too soapy.

I came in expecting to like the Rayna character the best, but things have worked out very differently. Juliette and Deacon and Will are my favorites. 

I'm sinnerforhire, and I too have been watching since the premiere, although I watch the show on Thursday mornings because I buy it on iTunes. I came for Chip Esten, whom I always adored on WLiiA, and Jonathan Jackson, whom I watched on GH when we were both 13, but I stayed for the great music, especially Hayden's songs, and all the drama, of course! I'm not as thrilled with the direction the show has taken this year, but I'm really glad it's getting a third season. I hope it can get back on track eventually.

I too am lifelong musician, though I grew up playing classical and jazz saxophone, but I taught myself guitar in college and I am trying to learn a couple of songs from the show. Just for fun, though--I don't perform. The show has inspired me to try my hand at songwriting, though, and I'm enjoying it. I'll never be as prolific at songwriting as I am at fanfiction writing, but it's a nice change of pace.

I live in Nashville and saw Maisy Stella (Daphne) walking around the park with her dad and her dog on Saturday.  Also saw her mom and I'm sure Lennon was around there somewhere.  I was trying not to stare because she's a little girl, but she looked a little shorter than I thought she would have and so I wasn't sure if it was her.  It was definitely her, though, and she looked adorable, waving to everyone who waived at her.

• Love 1

Hi, I'm Slade3. I've come over from TWoP, where I was somewhat active at the Nashville board. Yesterday, in NYC, I'm 98% sure I saw Will Chase walking in my neighborhood on the East Side. (I just checked his Twitter account and as of June 19th, he was in NYC.) I must say he looked gorgeous. I'm not a fan of his character on the show, and I didn't love him on Smash, which is the first time I ever saw him, but he is a very attractive man. He was coming from the gym, I think. Makes me wish I liked him more on Nashville.

Hey, I'm ReadingZombie. I've come over from TWOP as well. 

The spouse and I are planning a trip to Nashville next month. Does anyone know how I would go about finding the filming schedule for Nashville? It'd be fun to watch a scene being filmed if possible. Also, we'll be there the same week as the ACM Honors at the Ryman. Worth the ticket price and time, or would we have more fun just finding a place with live music? Any place we really can't miss while we're there? Thanks for any advice you all can give!

Hey, ReadingZombie, I'm a recent Nashville transplant (since May), but I'll try to help...

Filming started in mid-July here. Don't know how much longer it will be going on. I just noticed they had an open casting call for extras willing to film today: http://www.projectcasting.com/casting-calls-and-auditions/abc-nashville-season-3-casting-call-for-a-ton-of-new-talent/. It's a shame I couldn't have posted that earlier for you.

You can find live music all over here. The Bluebird is fun, if nothing else for hoping you'll be able to say "I saw him/her when..." My parents were down for the weekend, and we took them on the Ryman tour. The backstage tour is $20, and they take you backstage and show you dressing rooms and explain some history. Several of the rooms have appeared on Nashville, and they point out which ones they are. They also let you stand on stage. It was interesting. Broadway is very crowded, and a lot of the honky tonks there are packed to the gills at night. Not my scene, but it obviously appeals to a lot of people. If you're into photography, Marty Stuart has an exhibit at the Frist Art Museum right now. It's free, as long as you don't want to see the rest of the museum. If there's anything else I can do to help you enjoy your trip, let me know!

Hey, thanks very much Turquoise! I've been debating the back stage tour vs. self guided tour at the Ryman. Is it worth the time/money to get to go backstage? Are you allowed to go look at the video tour if you've already done the backstage tour, or does the backstage tour include the same stuff as the self guided tour anyway? 

What do you think the odds are of getting into one of the shows for gen. admission at the Blue Bird during the week? I waited too long to purchase seats....

Thanks for the link to the filming info, and the photography exhibit info! Sounds like I am going to have plenty to do while I am in town!

Thanks again!

I've never had a problem getting into the Bluebird for shows, but your best bet is to do the early show because they specifically have 20 or so seats reserved for the non-reservation line.  If you try to do the late show, the available seats are based on the people who don't show up for their reservation.  I've also never had a problem because I got there super early.  The early show starts around 6 (or 6:30) and I got there to line up around 3:45/4:00 (they let you in at 5:00 or 5:30, I think).  Also, remember that we're Central Time!  While I was in line, a lady from New York was looking at her watch, complaining that they hadn't let us in yet, but she didn't know that we were an hour behind.

I think it's worth the extra $5 to go backstage. You can still watch the video and see all the exhibits on the self-guided. We had some time to kill before our tour started, so they give you a map and tell you to be back at a certain place 5 min before the tour starts. And I enjoyed the backstage area and the extra stories that go along with it.

Oh, and you're welcome...glad I was some help!

I was over in East Nashville earlier today with some friends going to brunch.  There was a line outside and I assumed it was for the restaurant -- it was, mostly.  The other part of the commotion was over Sam Palladio and Chaley Rose, who maybe just came out of the restaurant?  Who knows.  I wasn't really paying attention.  Anyway, one of the guys I was with insisted on getting his picture with them (how very un-Nashville of him; Sam and Chaley even assumed that he was a tourist!).  They were super nice about it, but when my friend was done, I kept watching them out of the corner of my eye.  They were saying their goodbyes to each other, which ended with a kiss and Sam giving Chaley a swift pat on the butt.  That part surprised me.  I didn't imagine him to be a butt patter.

So I'm not sure if this is the place for it, but I cannot think of what other thread would be more appropriate.  Two contry singers, Ty Herndon and Billy Gilman, apprently came out today.  They each talked a bit about how they felt being gay either did or they fear(ed) could effect their careers.  I figured I'd post these here bacuase I recall several people being surprised that Will's being gay on Nashville was supposed to be this big thing.  Yeah, it's still a thing. But hopefully this is an indication it's getting better.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

Hah, I was thinking about posting something too. I saw the thing about Ty Herndon but hadn't yet seen Billy Gilman's statement. Good on them. But hey, they are stealing Will's thunder when he finally comes out!

This is my Dixie Chick theory (since it came up in the episode thread).

Think of it as every high school movie. The country music fans (who happen to be mostly conservative politically) are the geeks. The pop music fans (who happen to be mostly liberal politically) are the cool kids. The Dixie Chicks are the awesome new kid in school who inexplicably hangs with the geeks by choice, but the cool kids are trying to get their claws into her. 

DC gets drawn in more and more to the cool kids' circle, till she ends up at one of their parties. She starts loudly bad-mouthing the leader of the geeks behind his back in an effort to distance herself from the geeks and ingratiate herself with the cool kids. "Ugh, I'm so embarrassed. I can't believe I used to sit at the same lunch table with him! What a loser!"

Someone catches that on their phone and posts it online where the whole school sees it. Of course the geeks are furious at the betrayal.

That's what the country music fans felt on a gut level. The DC may have meant only to be talking about the Iraq War, but they made it personal about Bush, Natalie Maines used the word "ashamed" in her famous 15-word statement. It was probably one of the worst PR moves in entertainment history, not because of their actual stance on the war, but because of the venue and words chosen. 

All that being said, the death threats and other reactions were completely inexcusable and wackdoodle. I wish the whole debacle had never happened, because I think the Dixie Chicks' downfall had a ripple effect on women in country in general, and probably indirectly led to the rise of bro country.

• Love 1

From the episode thread:

I would disagree that the DC debacle was really about the war, but I should probably take that to the small talk thread.

Underneath, that's 100% true. It was way beyond the war, and it most definitely became about much more than the war. But the war was the frame. Luke dropping Will is about a lot more than Will being gay too, but he's the frame. The analogy is that, for me, what the Dixie Chicks' experience represented was much, much more important than Luke's. So if we're criticizing people simply for caving to public pressure and initially not being brave, they don't get a pass. Personally, however, I believe that they all get a pass, and I fault none of them for the decisions they made because I completely get why they did it. The main difference is that the Dixie Chicks changed their approach. Maybe Luke will change his too. I have no idea, but I do think it's possible.

That's what the country music fans felt on a gut level. The DC may have meant only to be talking about the Iraq War, but they made it personal about Bush, Natalie Maines used the word "ashamed" in her famous 15-word statement. It was probably one of the worst PR moves in entertainment history, not because of their actual stance on the war, but because of the venue and words chosen.

I get what you mean, but was it really fair to attach a fan base's ideology onto theirs? For me it was more about freedom of speech than anything else, which ironically was what we were supposedly fighting to promote (democracy). It always struck me as so hypocritical, and frankly un-American, that a conservative ideology lauded patriotism to such a huge degree, but then denounced a major cornerstone of U.S. democracy in how they treated the Chicks.

From the episode thread:

Underneath, that's 100% true. It was way beyond the war, and it most definitely became about much more than the war. But the war was the frame. Luke dropping Will is about a lot more than Will being gay too, but he's the frame. The analogy is that, for me, what the Dixie Chicks' experience represented was much, much more important than Luke's. So if we're criticizing people simply for caving to public pressure and initially not being brave, they don't get a pass. Personally, however, I believe that they all get a pass, and I fault none of them for the decisions they made because I completely get why they did it. The main difference is that the Dixie Chicks changed their approach. Maybe Luke will change his too. I have no idea, but I do think it's possible.

I just wanted to add that Luke throwing Will a behind-the-scenes job was more offensive to me than dropping him from the label because I saw it as someone who was trying to have it both ways, as well as demeaning to Will. It's kinda like asking the help to use the back door. The stage is for straight people....nothing wrong with gay people, and I'll hire them to work in the back, but they're not accepted front and center.

I get what you mean, but was it really fair to attach a fan base's ideology onto theirs? For me it was more about freedom of speech than anything else, which ironically was what we were supposedly fighting to promote (democracy). It always struck me as so hypocritical, and frankly un-American, that a conservative ideology lauded patriotism to such a huge degree, but then denounced a major cornerstone of U.S. democracy in how they treated the Chicks.

Would the geeks in my high school scenario be expected to dismiss their friend's betrayal as "well, she has freedom of speech, she can say whatever she wants and we'll be fine with it?" No, and that's my point. The fans took it as a personal insult, not as an esoteric political disagreement. 

Freedom of speech is a legal construct that prevents the government from punishing citizens for speech, usually political dissent. In the rest of society, there's no way to prevent speech from having consequences, on both ends of the political spectrum. It's just human nature. 

Abstract: People not buying their albums or going to their shows would have been acceptable. That's not what happened to the Dixie Chicks. They were harassed, threatened, and illegally boycotted in an organized effort to destroy their careers because they said something some people and one very powerful political lobby group disagreed with. That's all against the law. It's not just, "Oh well. They talked some trash, and fans were insulted." Plenty of people were insulted that Bush became president when he actually lost the popular vote, lied to us, and got us into a war that has destabilized an entire region. I'm insulted that he used someone as awesome as Colin Powell to do it. So what? We were insulted. Big deal. We had to get over ourselves and not threaten, harass, or organize illegal boycotts. I also don't think your analogy works at all. That's not even remotely close to what happened until they'd already been threatened, harassed, and boycotted. Then yes, they did tell country music to go F itself. A lot of us did. But the thing is, the Dixie Chicks and those of us who supported them won the ideological battle years ago. So I don't see much point in arguing about it anymore.

When I said the Bush incident had to do with more than the war, I meant things like...they were successful women and our culture is often not very supportive of that, especially if those women seem mouthy; it was a completely different and scary time and lots of people got caught up in fear; etc.

The stage is for straight people....nothing wrong with gay people, and I'll hire them to work in the back, but they're not accepted front and center.

I think it's more...my label can't take this public hit because I'm scared, but come in the front and do something else. Luke was not the one who refused a picture with Will.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

Abstract - I think it's understandable for fans to feel betrayed. And if burning old Dixie Chicks cd's is what a fan wants to do, that's their prerogative. But I agree with MM that what happened to the Chicks was illegal, and that's not anyone's prerogative. A personal boycott is one thing, but a business banning your music across all country radio stations is not ok, and not legal. (I think Clear Channel had a monopoly on country radio stations across the country).

I think it's more...my label can't take this public hit because I'm scared, but come in the front and do something else. Luke was not the one who refused a picture with Will.

Yes, I like how he let Will use the front door. And I understand your point that throwing him a songwriting bone is at least partly generous. I'm just waiting for him to invite Will up on stage to sing the song with him!

• Love 1

Last post. I don't mean in any way to imply that anyone's bad behavior was justified. It's like I try to explain to my kids, feel what you want, but control your actions. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. I'm not addressing the legal and corporate aspects of it because I didn't even know that was going on. The 2003 episode happened just as I was falling down the rabbit hole of Clay Aiken fandom (yeah, go ahead and judge me), which consumed way too much of my attention for over a year.

My analogy came as a result of my trying to process why the episode had an emotional impact. I know a conservative person who is perfectly fine with watching movies starring outspoken liberals, but won't listen to a DC song even 12 years later.  The betrayal theory is the only thing I can come up with.  

Last post. I don't mean in any way to imply that anyone's bad behavior was justified. It's like I try to explain to my kids, feel what you want, but control your actions. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear. I'm not addressing the legal and corporate aspects of it because I didn't even know that was going on. The 2003 episode happened just as I was falling down the rabbit hole of Clay Aiken fandom (yeah, go ahead and judge me), which consumed way too much of my attention for over a year.

My analogy came as a result of my trying to process why the episode had an emotional impact. I know a conservative person who is perfectly fine with watching movies starring outspoken liberals, but won't listen to a DC song even 12 years later. The betrayal theory is the only thing I can come up with.

I think you're right that they feel betrayed, but they feel betrayed by something that was never real to begin with. White, conservative, country-music-loving America made the assumption that the Dixie Chicks were the same as them ideologically. When they found out that they weren't, they attacked...the same way Republicans have been doing in this country since the Clinton era. They also did it in a climate of extreme fear and hysteria, which fed them. But that insanity was fairly isolated. I've lived in California for over a decade and was here when this happened. The Dixie Chicks were never hated here or in other liberal, progressive areas, so they always had a huge audience willing to embrace them as they remade their brand. In the end, they won, but this "incident" was huge in its time for people paying attention to both politics and country music, and the right wingers are not the only ones who felt betrayed and still hold a grudge. If I never have to look at Toby Keith's or Reba McEntire's face again, it won't be soon enough, and I haven't listened to country radio since 2003.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

I think you're right that they feel betrayed, but they feel betrayed by something that was never real to begin with. White, conservative, country-music-loving America made the assumption that the Dixie Chicks were the same as them ideologically. When they found out that they weren't, they attacked...the same way Republicans have been doing in this country since the Clinton era. They also did it in a climate of extreme fear and hysteria, which fed them. But that insanity was fairly isolated. I've lived in California for over a decade and was here when this happened. The Dixie Chicks were never hated here or in other liberal, progressive areas, so they always had a huge audience willing to embrace them as they remade their brand. In the end, they won, but this "incident" was huge in its time for people paying attention to both politics and country music, and the right wingers are not the only ones who felt betrayed and still hold a grudge. If I never have to look at Toby Keith's or Reba McEntire's face again, it won't be soon enough, and I haven't listened to country radio since 2003.

I'm European. I'm pretty well informed about popular music. But country has never been big here. Check all the big country stars. They are not doing international tours the same way American indie/rock band/pop stars are. If I went to a shopping mall and asked people who Faith Hill or Reba McEntire were, they wouldn't know. I had no idea who the Dixie Chicks were before that issue. It was actually a great career bust outside of America them because it is what made them well known. The Dixie Chicks do tor Europe now. I doubt they would have if that had never happened. So in some weird way, what put them on the shitlist of right wing American, made them a household name elsewhere.

All the typos in that post...

• Love 2

I'm European. I'm pretty well informed about popular music. But country has never been big here. Check all the big country stars. They are not doing international tours the same way American indie/rock band/pop stars are. If I went to a shopping mall and asked people who Faith Hill or Reba McEntire were, they wouldn't know. I had no idea who the Dixie Chicks were before that issue. It was actually a great career bust outside of America them because it is what made them well known. The Dixie Chicks do tor Europe now. I doubt they would have if that had never happened. So in some weird way, what put them on the shitlist of right wing American, made them a household name elsewhere.

All the typos in that post...

Absolutely true. :) It actually proved to be a great career boost here too; they just had to find a new audience, which they did. We call that winning! Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

Wait...I know little about Reba McEntire. Is she conservative?

I think so, but honestly, I have no idea what she thinks anymore. When the Dixie Chicks debacle happened, she made some cracks and gave some interviews about them being out of line...or being unAmerican...or something. I vaguely remember a snide joke at one of the award shows that year, though the details didn't stick with me. I'd been a huge Reba fan before that, but afterward, I stopped listening to her music or caring what she was up to.

I think so, but honestly, I have no idea what she thinks anymore. When the Dixie Chicks debacle happened, she made some cracks and gave some interviews about them being out of line...or being unAmerican...or something. I vaguely remember a snide joke at one of the award shows that year, though the details didn't stick with me. I'd been a huge Reba fan before that, but afterward, I stopped listening to her music or caring what she was up to.

Oh, I somehow got the idea she was to be championed as a strong, feminist woman and a legend that gets to count in the "good country" that European music aficionados will accept, even though she doesn't really fit (the Wikco's, the Steve Earle's, the Lucinda Williams that are celebrated by critics in comparison to the Toby Keith's that are unknown in Europe). I really only know to songs by her though through playlists and I always felt that The Night the Lights went out was a little sexist.

Oh, I somehow got the idea she was to be championed as a strong, feminist woman and a legend that gets to count in the "good country" that European music aficionados will accept, even though she doesn't really fit (the Wikco's, the Steve Earle's, the Lucinda Williams that are celebrated by critics in comparison to the Toby Keith's that are unknown in Europe). I really only know to songs by her though through playlists and I always felt that The Night the Lights went out was a little sexist.

Well, to be fair, she probably is to be championed for her strength and accomplishments. Regardless of her political ideology, she still made huge contributions to music and the music industry.

If you're looking for more progressive, Demi at women in country music, you'll want people like Dolly Parton, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, and Trisha Yearwood. Also, full disclosure, I love Miranda Lambert. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

Well, to be fair, she probably is to be championed for her strength and accomplishments. Regardless of her political ideology, she still made huge contributions to music and the music industry.

If you're looking for more progressive women in country music, you'll want people like Dolly Parton, (I think) Martina McBride, Faith Hill, and Trisha Yearwood. Also, full disclosure, I love Miranda Lambert. If that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

And certainly Loretta Lynn. Most people are really problematic, you like them for one thing and then they come out and say something awful about something else. Faith Hill is pretty interesting to me. She seems to be who Ranya is modeled on. She managed to have a big career and then "come out" as a Democrat.

While other people...I really want to like Kelly Clarkson for example. I love it how she doesn't bow down to beauty standards but she has made such awful politically right wing comments that I just can't. She also happens to be Reba's mother in law. So maybe you are right.

• Love 1

Oh yes! Loretta Lynn is great and a legend! Rosanne Cash is pretty cool too, but she's not super famous in her own right; it's more that her dad is Johnny Cash.

I like Kelly Clarkson a lot, actually, though I don't really consider her a country singer. I'll admit I was secretly a little disappointed when she married Reba's son, but I think she's got more of a libertarian bent than straight conservative. She's not a liberal by any means and she loves her guns, but she's also a huge supporter of gay rights.

I don't generally dislike celebrities for their politics alone, and I think they have as much a right to say what they think and not be ruined for it. But I don't like jerks or vicious mobs, and the way the Dixie Chicks were treated went way beyond political ideology. It was insanity, and I remember it so well that I do still side with them. I also like almost anyone who supported them. It's one reason John McCain remains a favorite of mine despite my disagreeing with a lot of his other political views.

Edited by madam magpie

Honestly, that was such a hard time. If you weren't with the war effort and backing President Bush you were just plain un-American and the media wouldn't hesitate to trash you even if you did nothing more than keep your mouth shut. Reba may well be conservative, I don't know her politics and really don't care, but I'd take most quotes that come out of that time with a grain of salt.

As for me, the Dixie Chicks still rule and I wish they could find a way back. I miss their sound. Of course I'm also the girl who stood at the bottom of Monticello mountain urging Bush's impeachment when he visited town to swear in new citizens on the 4th of July. It was a good day ;)

I don't generally dislike celebrities for their politics alone, and I think they have as much a right to say what they think and not be ruined for it. But I don't like jerks or vicious mobs, and the way the Dixie Chicks were treated went way beyond political ideology. It was insanity, and I remember it so well that I do still side with them. I also like almost anyone who supported them. It's one reason John McCain remains a favorite of mine despite my disagreeing with a lot of his other political views.

Did you ever see the documentary they did of that year? All the death threats and CD burnings? Natalie consulting an astrologer or fortune teller or somebody? I remember watching sometime while Heroes was big because I recall her using the surname Pasdar rather than Maines. She was well and truly frightened by the aftermath.

• Love 2

Oh yes. I know the movie well! And like Natalie says in it about forgiving the people who attacked them in song...nope! You're either with us or against us. That's what we were told, right? If you bashed the Dixie Chicks and thought they deserved what they got, I'm very much against! (Though it was a crazy time. I think about it sometimes and thank god or the universe of time or whatever for getting us to now.)

That's a great story about Monticello mountain! I still can't believe old Dubya took the crown twice.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

Oh yes! Loretta Lynn is great and a legend! Rosanne Cash is pretty cool too, but she's not super famous in her own right; it's more that her dad is Johnny Cash.

I like Kelly Clarkson a lot, actually, though I don't really consider her a country singer. I'll admit I was secretly a little disappointed when she married Reba's son, but I think she's got more of a libertarian bent than straight conservative. She's not a liberal by any means and she loves her guns, but she's also a huge supporter of gay rights.

I love Rosanne Cash! I actually thought she managed to step out of her family's huge shadow quite well. Of course she didn't have to fight for a successful music career in any way. But didn't she just get some sort of recogintion award?

Personally, I hate libertarians much more than Republicans so her comments still make my blood boil. I really want to enjoy her  but she made it onto my shit list.

I love Rosanne Cash! I actually thought she managed to step out of her family's huge shadow quite well. Of course she didn't have to fight for a successful music career in any way. But didn't she just get some sort of recogintion award?

I think you're right! I feel like I read something about that on Facebook, but I forget what it was. I love Rosanne Cash too! I just mean she's not really a mainstream star here, and most people would know her first as Johnny's daughter. But maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to be wrong!

Love her too! She's not a mainstream star her either, but she is better known for her own work than for being Johnny's daughter.

Check her out on Google. Apparently she's in the midst of a Facebook battle because she came out in support of gun control. Yeesh!

• Love 1

I just mean she's not really a mainstream star here, and most people would know her first as Johnny's daughter. But maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to be wrong!

Oh, I was under the impression she was in the country music scene. Not the kind of popular Carre Underwood kind of star. But a very well respected alt. country music artist and it doesn't get more country royalty than having her family background.

I've always hated Layla, but I assumed it was the character I didn't like & Aubrey Peeples was OK. Jem and The Holograms is on HBO & she stars as Jem, so I thought I would check it out. I did & then I checked out about half way through the movie. It's awful, & now I wonder how much of my dislike of Layla was the character, & how much of it was how Aubrey Peeples played her. I couldn't stand her as Jem either.

Reactivating this topic to ask: Nashville is going to be bang in the middle of the path of totality for the upcoming eclipse, and I see that the city is going all out to attract tourists and give them places to go and stuff to do. I want to see the eclipse, and for various reason I would like to see it in Nashville. I was wondering if the local residents here could suggest some locations that would be more likely less populated by tourists - places locals might go to get away from them. :)

Much obliged for any pointers.