Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

From May 27-28 (MB and EK did a joint panel at this comic con, but I haven't found video of that panel yet)...

Arrow's Deathstroke, Manu Bennett Interview - MCM Comic Con London - May 2017
Published on May 29, 2017, by Geektown

-- On what he thought of Deathstroke's story arc from the beginning to recent events, Manu Bennett: "Ah, it's interesting, you know, sometimes as an actor, you know, you kinda have to be thick-skinned and realize, you know, there's a whole bunch of things that are going on, that may or may not enable, uh, the producers to do, you know, certain things. Sometimes they're concentrating on other characters. You know, sometimes they're not allowed to - to involve your character, you know, which I found out from Marc Guggenheim, you know, that basically they had to hold off on Deathstroke because of the potential of him being used in the movie world. You know, he's going to be used in the Batman movie and whatnot. But, uh, since there's been an issue with that production, they got the opportunity to bring Deathstroke back. So, you know, it's a very popular character. You know, the fans are out there who wanted this return for a long time. Uh, you know, I've had really great discussions with Marc Guggenheim about the type of relationship that is going to emerge now - you know, now that Slade has supposedly evolved. (Interviewer interjects that they haven't seen the S5 finale yet) Well, here you go, mate. I'm going to spoil your week. Uh, yeah, yeah. Basically, you know, Slade is straight-faced in saying the mirakuru has worn off. You know, so it's going to be interesting to see now that Oliver's looking at the Slade that he knew in Season 1 of Arrow, you know, pre-the mirakuru. So, it's kind of like this - you know, can you forgive -  as Slade will say in the upcoming episode... Why does England have to be a week behind [unintelligible words]? ... It's crazy. But simply, it's simply a scenario of Slade is back, as Slade, you know, not as Deathstroke. So, you know, how can Oliver reconcile a relationship with somebody who ended up being through so much? But, you know, it's as though you got to the end of like Othello or great Shakespearean tragedy. And instead of everybody suddenly dying, it's like, 'oh wait up, the truth is -' and everyone's going like, 'huh? oh? what? hey?' Where to now, you know? And so it's just interesting, you know, because Slade is back as Slade, not Deathstroke. You know, is he?" 
-- On how he was dealing with all the new characters on Arrow, MB: "I didn't even realize until I went to shoot this episode that I've just been in. 'Who are these guys?' (Laughs) I just did a stage - I just did a panel [with Echo Kellum]. And he's going, 'oh, I play Mr. Incredible.' I'm like, 'what?' So what's happened on this show, there's a few more cast members. Yeah, you know, as far as Slade's concerned, as far as the character's concerned, he doesn't even know. He's been on Lian Yu. So whoever's popped up has popped up in his absence. And so, you know, when I do get back onto the script or - we'll see what happens, uh, with Arrow.

I mean, there's been no - there's been no, uh, agreements yet or any sort of sign-off on me returning to the show yet for Season 6. But, you know, I know their intention's to flesh out, you know, more of a storyline with Deathstroke. And the fans obviously want it as well. So, yeah, it'll be interesting the discussions we'll have in coming weeks to sort of see what the potential is. ... With Slade in Season 6, you know, even though I don't know what the - what the current status of where they're going to take the character is, uh, there's incredible potential to, um - to really... put the audience in the hot seat, 'cause they're going sit there knowing, 'wait up, Slade killed Oliver's mother,' you know, 'how can they be talking to each other, and be in the same space even?' You know, but the episode you're about to get in the U.K. is going to explain how that actually does start to happen, even in that one episode."

-- On whether he's read any of the Deathstroke comics, MB: "I read every single one of them." He said that he went to a comic con and bought them all from someone there who had a booth with a massive comics collection. He also said that he had his "own interpretation" of Slade Wilson. He once met Marv Wolfman, who gave him "great compliments" on his portrayal of Slade. He also met George Perez, who told him that he didn't look anything like Deathstroke. 
-- On what were his favorite standout moments as Slade on Arrow, MB said his favorite scene is when he was sitting at the campfire with Oliver in S1 and they're having a discussion about Billy Wintergreen. He said that that was one of the only scenes ever where Slade talked about his background, mentioning his son, being from Australia, and special forces. He said you got some brief background on Slade and learned that there were some "disturbances" in Slade's life that weren't related to Oliver Queen or his storyline. You also got a "strong sense of his code" as a man - that he's a man of his word and that he follows through on his promises. He's a man of "strong conviction."

Echo Kellum At MCMCOMIC CON LONDON 2017 / ARROW / OLICITY
Published on May 29, 2017, by prince mojo

-- EK talked about Curtis' break-up dinner with his husband Paul.

-- Per EK, there will be more T-spheres and other tech coming from Curtis. He also thought that we'll see Curtis work on that salmon ladder next season (might've been joking). 

-- EK talked about Curtis being a matchmaker for Oliver & Felicity and being an Olicity shipper. Per EK, Curtis loves Oliver and loves Felicity and thinks they're a power couple. EK joked that Curtis would want to know about the bunker sex and was maybe hiding in the bunker watching them.

-- Per EK, if Curtis were to go up against Deathstroke, he'd get "whooped" right now, but that Curtis could whip out his T-spheres and take on Slade that way. EK said that Manu Bennett was a "great guy."

-- EK thought it was "cool" to be on Lian Yu for the first time.

-- They joked about the S5 finale: "Everyone's dead." EK thought (and hoped) that most of them survived and "weren't zombies."

-- I don't think it's a big spoiler that Curtis is returning next season. So here's EK's take on what will happen with Curtis (I don't think he knows anything for sure): "Curtis is going to get into the dating scene. He's going to get a job, you know. He's going to help Olicity maybe happen again." 

-- Interviewer mentioned MG's tweet about the new Big Bad being Covenant (I think that was MG's joke about the Alien: Covenant movie, and not a real spoiler).

-- EK said that he's always spoiling things. He spoiled Oliver & Felicity's engagement last year. He snapchatted that "Josh was Prometheus" at the beginning of S5 and had to take down that snapchat.

Arrow's Mr. Terrific, Echo Kellum Interview - MCM Comic Con London - May 2017
Published on May 29, 2017, by Geektown

This is the same EK interview that was recorded in the Flicks And The City video (posted on page 578 of this thread). It must've been one press interview attended by multiple media outlets.

MCM London Comic Con - Roundtable: Echo Kellum Arrow
Published on May 29, 2017, by Airun Garky Gallery

This is the same EK interview that was recorded in the Flicks And The City video (posted on page 578 of this thread). It must've been one press interview attended by multiple media outlets.

Edited by tv echo
6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

If KC is saying BS had the same family that mean that E2 Sara died on the Gambit with E2 Oliver? Robert Queen came back and is the Green Arrow on E2. 

Or E2 Sara didn't go on the Gambit.  

I didn't watch the DR panel video so I am just going by the writing, but I seem to detect quite a bit of frustration in some of his answers - especially when he talks about potential storylines he would like to see on the show. 

• Love 3

I'd love to know why EBR and JLB keep referring to themselves as "Surrey kids." Have they been to Surrey? Like, huh? LOL.

9 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I didn't watch the DR panel video so I am just going by the writing, but I seem to detect quite a bit of frustration in some of his answers - especially when he talks about potential storylines he would like to see on the show. 

Not surprising. They barely gave him anything to do this season. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'd love to know why EBR and JLB keep referring to themselves as "Surrey kids." Have they been to Surrey? Like, huh? LOL.

Not surprising. They barely gave him anything to do this season. 

I thought they refer to Surrey in Canada. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

I thought they refer to Surrey in Canada. 

Ohhhhhhh. Doh! I've only ever seen them use it when they've been in the UK so I just assumed Surrey, UK. My bad. 

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

If KC is saying BS had the same family that mean that E2 Sara died on the Gambit with E2 Oliver? Robert Queen came back and is the Green Arrow on E2. 

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Or E2 Sara didn't go on the Gambit.  

In 5x10 BS said "Do have a sister? I hear he likes sisters."

That sounds like there was no Sara on E2. But I don't know if that was just a throwaway line because they never intended to bring BS back.

• Love 1

Ha! Wasn't that Pedowitzs whole excuse to move Arrow in the first place- to be alternative viewing against This is Us (see what he views as female) viewership. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Wait so E2Oliver didn't run off with E2Sara? Why did she go evil then? ?

Oh I think we're just speculating.  Like @Chaser said, BS's line in 5x10 made it sound like she didn't have a sister, but what KC said at HVFF makes it sound like she does. I mean, KC might just be assuming - I don't know.  So E2 Sara might or might not exist, and might or might not have died on the Gambit.  

I think 5x10 made it sound like BS (assuming she was telling the truth and not just trying to manipulate Oliver) went evil because her Oliver died, not necessarily because he cheated on her.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I think 5x10 made it sound like BS (assuming she was telling the truth and not just trying to manipulate Oliver) went evil because her Oliver died, not necessarily because he cheated on her.

So she had less reasons to go evil than E1 Laurel?  ??

Not even crazy sauce like Slade?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

I watched parts of David's panel and it struck me how annoyed he was with the Olicity stall. Much more than I would expected from someone not even involved in the ship. He sounded pretty forceful, which makes me wonder of he's heard of more plans to stall the couple again. Also, I don't think he said "fleshed down" ... I wanna say "fleshed out" but it sounded more like "flushed out," which yikes! 

Also, since when did he have to worry about giving a "political answer" to the Canary vs. Felicity question? Am I wrong in thinking he'd always been pretty much Team Olicity?

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- Fan asked what other storylines he would like to see more of. DR: "I think we should make a decision on Oliver and Felicity. Get them together or apart. One or the other. Get that out of the way! And, uh, just make a decision... But for me, if they're together, they should kinda be like, uh - like - like Diggle and Lyla. It's just a matter of fact they're together. No bid deal. Whatever. Keep it moving. You know what I mean? So - or they're apart. I think, just for me, there's a storyline there that just has to be fleshed down. Finally. Alright?"

• Love 3

Given Katie is both notorious for developing her own head canons that contradict the story the show is telling and that she has admitted to not reading the scripts beyond her own lines and that she doesn't watch the show- I'm pretty sure she knows Jack all about what's going on. I personally wouldn't take her word as gospel.

4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I watched parts of David's panel and it struck me how annoyed he was with the Olicity stall. Much more than I would expected from someone not even involved in the ship. He sounded pretty forceful, which makes me wonder of he's heard of more plans to stall the couple again. Also, I don't think he said "fleshed down" ... I wanna say "fleshed out" but it sounded more like "flushed out," which yikes! 

Also, since when did he have to worry about giving a "political answer" to the Canary vs. Felicity question? Am I wrong in thinking he'd always been pretty much Team Olicity?

I'm pretty sure at this stage of the game the only member of the cast who would know plans for next season is Stephen. I think David is just expressing what fans have probably been expressing to him over the year/s and sharing those views that's it time to commit to Olicity and move on. I highly doubt David's view is hinting at more stalling. The finale kind of suggests the opposite. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't mind his Olicity answer. I'm tired of the stall. That Team Canary v Team Felicity answer was weird though. He has been Team Olicity for him to suddenly go 'well I don't know, I've always loved Oliver and Laurel in the comics" is bizarre. I can't remember him ever talking like that.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4

I'm just confused at this point why people are talking about Laurel as a possible LI for Oliver. E1 LL is dead. E2 LL just helped Chase keep Oliver's son captive. Why bring up Team Canary vs. Team Felicity? Why bring up a possible love triangle in season 6? I just don't understand why anyone is wasting time talking about it.

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't mind his Olicity answer. I'm tired of the stall. That Team Canary v Team Felicity answer was weird though. He has been Team Olicity for him to suddenly go 'well I don't know, I've always loved Oliver and Laurel in the comics" is bizarre. I can't remember him ever talking like that.

Maybe he read the feel of the room haha and was like "Yeah I'll go for the dude bro comic answer to avoid the boos".

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm just confused at this point why people are talking about Laurel as a possible LI for Oliver. E1 LL is dead. E2 LL just helped Chase keep Oliver's son captive. Why bring up Team Canary vs. Team Felicity? Why bring up a possible love triangle in season 6? I just don't understand why anyone is wasting time talking about it.

Because comic fans are doing what they accuse Olicity fans of doing- getting the writers to pander to them?

They see this as their last chance to get their Green Arrow/Black Canary romance even if it isn't ... you know... actually Green Arrow and Black Canary.

End of the day I'm pretty sure Marc and Wendy would make Oliver a homosexual then go there so...

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Given Katie is both notorious for developing her own head canons that contradict the story the show is telling and that she has admitted to not reading the scripts beyond her own lines and that she doesn't watch the show- I'm pretty sure she knows Jack all about what's going on. I personally wouldn't take her word as gospel.

Lol well I was trying to be tactful and not say that I was skeptical whether KC knows what she's talking about, but....yeah, pretty much.

• Love 2

In brief- essentially comic fans just want win and say they beat the Olicity fans and then stick their tongues out.

The fact that it makes absolutely zero logical sense is less important.

• Love 1
(edited)

Um, I agree with DR about the Olicity stall. But the rest of his answer was weird and that whole "political answer" has given me a bad E2 feeling and haha, no.

Let's hope he was just being polite but then he's never spoken like that before so...

Edited by Guest

It was fairly obvious imo that KC was just guessing as I doubt they gave her a run down on their E2 plans. She probably based it off of what we've thus far, everyone on E1 seems to exist on E2. But I'm sure that is something that we'll explore next season. Hopefully they allow David to explore E2 Diggle.

I just watched DR's interview, and I feel like he's fed up about being asked about: Olicity, Laurel, O/L, and others. Honestly, I can't blame him. How many times is he at a con and half of the questions aren't even about his character? As much as I love Olicity/Felicity, I always get annoyed when ppl ask him about them. And maybe after getting no story in season 5, because that military arc was short and awful, he's had it. I saw a screen time post for the season and Rene and Digg are almost matched for screen time, hell, Renee had more story than him. I'd be mad if I had to take a back seat over and over in order to sell mediocrity. I feel like he had a similar attitude after season3, when he took a back seat so LL could become a fighter.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Wait so E2Oliver didn't run off with E2Sara? Why did she go evil then? ?

Because she couldn't cope and fell into that big hole of darkness. My thinking is that the Lance and Dinah are dead on E2 or even worse versions and since E2 Laurel couldn't handle, she runs away from Star City, something happens to her in CC, Zoom entices her to join him and we get to where we are now. 

Maybe David's just tired of being questioned about Oliver's love life?  He probably doesn't really care one way or the other but doesn't want to be in the crosshairs of either fandom.  

• Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

E2 LL just helped Chase keep Oliver's son captive.

Let me just say I do not want a love triangle and I think a triangle w/ BS would be like Susan level waste of time but this argument doesn't really hold for me since they just gave Slade a quasi redemption arc so if MG gets it in his head that it would look "cool", Oliver will come up with some nonsense about how BS went along with it to keep Myson safe because he sees Laurel in her.

ETA: I also wanted to add that I also don't think it's likely. I hope Black Siren is just unapologetically a bad guy/girl. 

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

That answer didn't even make me think love triangle though. It made me think of E2 Lauriver. Like, are they going to pander to both sides of fandom...? Please god no. Just don't. 

I agree that DR is probably fed up of the questions he gets though. And s5 did him dirty so I totally understand.

Edited by Guest
10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I wish he had just answered "Which Canary?"

And now I want someone to ask about the different Canaries in general - maybe which one they'd prefer to fight alongside or something not related to anyone's love life - just to see if they remember Sara was the original Canary (even though it didn't seem that way with Laurel's last words) and the answers if both KC and JH are there.

10 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I just watched DR's interview, and I feel like he's fed up about being asked about: Olicity, Laurel, O/L, and others. Honestly, I can't blame him. How many times is he at a con and half of the questions aren't even about his character? As much as I love Olicity/Felicity, I always get annoyed when ppl ask him about them. And maybe after getting no story in season 5, because that military arc was short and awful, he's had it. I saw a screen time post for the season and Rene and Digg are almost matched for screen time, hell, Renee had more story than him. I'd be mad if I had to take a back seat over and over in order to sell mediocrity. I feel like he had a similar attitude after season3, when he took a back seat so LL could become a fighter.

True. And every time I think about how DR and Diggle deserved so much better in season 5, I can't help but remember WM answering a Q about Diggle by talking about Rene. (I will never forget how much I hated that.) 

• Love 4
(edited)

If there is E2Lauriver that's easy enough to deal with. Either we can ff or we can watch and be fascinated by the stank face (Hehe this is what I'll be doing).

ETA: If they wanted a triangle they would have tried it with Dinah, someone SA doesn’t actually look HORRIFIED at. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1
(edited)

Eh, if David had seen a script then maybe I'd entertain some of his comments. Seeing as none of them, except SA, know what's happening in season 6, I think he's just teasing. Same with KC, she said she didn't know what to expect and I don't think she will up until closer to filming. Right now the only one that could really tease anything is SA, & he hasn't said much.

I feel like if BS was getting redemption it would've been teased in the finale, but instead they double down on her villainy. Also, didn't MG say the finale kinda hints to the season 6 villain? And going by Manu's interview it seems like they're redeeming Slade, if he returns.

Didn't she say in the finale that she doesn't owe OQ anything? Doesn't sound like someone who went down a dark path over losing his doppelganger. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think they're doing it because the comics have had a couple of storylines where GA/BC dated a version of each other from a different universe (e.g. E-2 Dinah Drake dated E-1 Oliver Queen throughout the 1970's, Dinah Laurel is currently dating Alternate-Oliver in the Injustice comics). That's really the main reason why certain parts of the Arrow fandom are desperate for a Black Siren redemption arc. They think it could open the door to the GA/BC romantic relationship they so desperately crave. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

It's just odd. I've never seen DR speak about liking O/L in the comics. Ever. And he's always been Team Olicity, no questions. So I'm unsettled. LOL.

Considering how much flak the comic stans gave the writers for season 4 and their magic plots which caused the writers to go back to basics in season 5, I doubt the writers will do anything earth 2 related. You can't give them shit for the Lazarus Pit and Magic and Damien Darhk and push them to course correct; and then want them to do Earth 2 which falls under the same sort of fantasy mystical type stuff they are trying to limit on the show because of fan feedback.

Plus didn't Marc already dismiss an earth 2 Ep on tumblr?

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

It's just odd. I've never seen DR speak about liking O/L in the comics. Ever. And he's always been Team Olicity, no questions. So I'm unsettled. LOL.

How many questions was he asked pertaining to the comics? He probably read the crowd *shrug* 

I'm personally not reading anything into it. If he had been at HVFF which is more Olicity friendly he probably would have been all Olicity shipper of the year.

• Love 3

Wouldn't SA be selling it more if it was going to be a thing in S6?

He usually sells what he's told to sell. 

Honestly she got whacked in the finale. I totally thought they would have treated her better if they were going to take her seriously in S6. She said some random crazy line and got beaten on the head by Quentin!!!!

My bet is even if they did do E2Lauriver it would be passive aggressive as hell. Or they might give KC what she wants and have her run around and be a nutjob over Oliver while getting whacked by the team. 

• Love 2

Well, the show isn't going to exist on 2 earths, and Earth 2 Oliver is dead, so...if they're going to do anything with that it'll probably part of some BS origin ep, in which case heavily promote it so I know which ep I can skip.

But David doesn't write the show, so IDK how much there is to get worried about. Especially when SA's answers from this weekend's con were pretty positive and he actually knows what he's talking about. 

• Love 13

I am not interested in a Siren/Arrow relationship/love triangle but IF they did it, it wouldn't be any weirder then Oliver working with Merlyn/Slade again after all those two has done to his life. But the constant questions do help support writers (in general) about why they do love triangles, it's a popular (but annoying) general storyline.

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am not interested in a Siren/Arrow relationship/love triangle but IF they did it, it wouldn't be any weirder then Oliver working with Merlyn/Slade again after all those two has done to his life. 

Nah. Working with a shitty person as a means to an end is totally different than having a romantic relationship with one.

• Love 21
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That answer didn't even make me think love triangle though. It made me think of E2 Lauriver. Like, are they going to pander to both sides of fandom...? Please god no. Just don't. 

I agree that DR is probably fed up of the questions he gets though. And s5 did him dirty so I totally understand.

The only Earth-2 Lauriver they could do would be in flashbacks because Earth-2 Oliver is dead. If they want to give Lauriver a happily ever after, they would either have to do it on Earth-1 (Black Siren/Green Arrow) or Earth-3, the Supergirl universe. 

Edited by strikera0
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Considering how much flak the comic stans gave the writers for season 4 and their magic plots which caused the writers to go back to basics in season 5, I doubt the writers will do anything earth 2 related. You can't give them shit for the Lazarus Pit and Magic and Damien Darhk and push them to course correct; and then want them to do Earth 2 which falls under the same sort of fantasy mystical type stuff they are trying to limit on the show because of fan feedback.

I miss when Arrow was the show without powers/magic/etc. As much as I liked Rory, he still had magical rags. And while I don't mind Dinah as the new BC, she still has a metahuman canary cry and now we're going to have 2 people on the show with the same power? 

I'm not really concerned about any answers we got so far because it's still so early. Now, if we get to SDCC and the EPs/cast are giving similar answers? I might start getting worried. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Didn't she say in the finale that she doesn't owe OQ anything? Doesn't sound like someone who went down a dark path over losing his doppelganger. 

She didn't owe him anything because he locked her up, Chase set her free twice so she values him more. That's what I got from the scene. 

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I am not interested in a Siren/Arrow relationship/love triangle but IF they did it, it wouldn't be any weirder then Oliver working with Merlyn/Slade again after all those two has done to his life. But the constant questions do help support writers (in general) about why they do love triangles, it's a popular (but annoying) general storyline.

Umm it's totally different. He worked with Slade and Merlyn as a tactical advantage over a bigger threat.... he didn't make out with them have a sexual and emotional relationship with them and welcome them into his personal and private life and thereby his relationships with other people including his son. 

If that's the only argument to support Oliver/Siren it's kinda weak. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Well, the show isn't going to exist on 2 earths, and Earth 2 Oliver is dead, so...if they're going to do anything with that it'll probably part of some BS origin ep, in which case heavily promote it so I know which ep I can skip.

I don't think they have the FX budget for this, they'd need that blockbuster Kurt Russell in GOTG money for SA to convincingly play a 20 year old. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

The only Earth-2 Lauriver they could do would be in flashbacks because Earth-2 Oliver is dead. If they want to give Lauriver a happily ever after, they would either have to do it on Earth-1 (Black Siren/Green Arrow) or Earth-3, the Supergirl universe. 

Is he really dead though, on this show? LOL. Otherwise, I agree. 

I'm gonna wait and see how they promote at SDCC before I really get annoyed/judge/overreact. Haha.

Oliver has worked with Merlyn A LOT and let him off the hook throughout the years, sure it was because of "your my sisters dad" but that never worked for me, Merlyn is the reason why his son became a focal point for danger in the first place but maybe it's because I'm used to TVD and BTVS with them romancing their enemies but it isn't the weirdest thing for me. 

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

I don't think they have the FX budget for this, they'd need that blockbuster Kurt Russell in GOTG money for SA to convincingly play a 20 year old. 

Well damn! lol has he aged that much in the past 5 years? lol

• Love 1